Game-Labs Forum

what server will you pick?

PvE or PvP, you deceide!  

148 members have voted

1. 1. PvE

• Aye!
    • Nay!
    • Not sure?!

PVE will be dead as I can't see anyone playing that unless they add quests and stuff.

A PVE server would be a great opportunity to build a real Player vs Environment experience, focused on exploration in unknown territories, with multiple dangers related to long voyages (storm, sand banks, crew disease, mutiny, crew and maintenance management...)... But, in that case, that's a totally different game to be developed (with its own budget and maybe no customer)...

NA PVE server will be like NA PVP server but no human opponent. I guess it'll be tested to see if it meets its public. I guess it will. Among players, some dislike having the feeling of "killing" virtual human beings. Others hate gankers, trolls, rude manner... Others like it peaceful.

Que sera, sera... :)

Edited by LeBoiteux

• 2 weeks later...

I realize there's quite a taboo around here surrounding PVE, which I do understand. As it stands, AI captains may as well be cabin boys. 

However, I feel like if AI were made more competent, PVE could be a nice place for our new sailors to test the waters before jumping in. I did a similar thing in another open world favorite of mine (Elite: Dangerous). Of course in E:D it's much less likely to encounter another human in the huge expanse of the universe. That's besides the point. 

I feel like the problem lay more in the AI than it does in the game mode, and if AI are made more challenging I will most likely alternate between the 2 modes. 

All games covering PvE and PvP lose one sight on one game aspect. Why? Because resources of programmers, developers must be splitted. Normally it means the 'massive' grasshopper-gamers want quick success and so PvE must be fed; the real MMOG feeling of all those games lost. PvP then an addition no resources can be left. I want a MMOG which means the same like @Jim wrote. With and against players, a multiplayergame and not a partygame with guaranteed success and repeatable AI-mob-killing. For that i dont need onlinegames. Hmm with a bit saracasm i nearly hope devs don't have the resources to cover different 'game-styles'.^^

Edited by Theuerdank

• 1 month later...

I played a previous game where the vast majority of the people chose non-PVP (Asheron's Call).

However that game didn't have alliances so it was every man for himself (other than whatever guild you might join).

This game is very different.  Right not for all the talk of PvP I don't see a lot of people really fighting PvP most of the time.  And because people of your own nation can't attack you, as long as you stay in places dominated by your nation you will see very little PvP.  Think the Jamaica area for British.

Because of that I suspect folks that don't really like PvP could coexist on the same server most of the time.  They just couldn't explore in enemy territory with impunity.

I think the low pvp rate is mainly due to population. I work in logistics and thougbt thought of that being my main focus makes me cringe. Will be interesting to see what happens with it upon EA and full release.

I mainly see myself capping other ships and selling them off, light trading and making the British miserable lol. Not sure what ships will be best suited for my plans but will be fun figuring it out.

• Like 1

There are many reasons why some turn to PvE as their preferred option but in a full PvP environment (thinking ED, Rust etc.) ganking is one of the most prevalent turn-offs. There is nothing worse than starting into a game only to be hunted down by a far superior opponent and destroyed just for jollies. Having an options for PvE and PvP would allow one to explore many other facets of the game without disturbance from trolls and provide that place for training and experience against AI before one plunges into the PvP realm.

Sid Meirs pirates is a viable PVE only option for those interested.

I think that is a bad attitude to have... i am not a fan of PVE only personally but for those who want it in this game(which lets be honest, there excists nothing similar at this point in time) let them have their own server, better that then have them sit on the PVP server and complain all the time about PVP happening

I think that is a bad attitude to have... i am not a fan of PVE only personally but for those who want it in this game(which lets be honest, there excists nothing similar at this point in time) let them have their own server, better that then have them sit on the PVP server and complain all the time about PVP happening

It was a bad atttempt at humor on my part. Although I still play it lol

• Like 1

Defintly PVE and if u wonder why then the answer is to ' NOT ' get trolled by other players whether higher rank or grouped like what happened today when I got attacked by 2 pirate players just north of Port Au Prince , they were sailing a mercury and a pickle . I did try to escape but they shred my sails then sunk me .

The PVE server will still get port conquer and small/large battle ' I guess ' for PVP fans . 

Defintly PVE and if u wonder why then the answer is to ' NOT ' get trolled by other players whether higher rank or grouped like what happened today when I got attacked by 2 pirate players just north of Port Au Prince , they were sailing a mercury and a pickle . I did try to escape but they shred my sails then sunk me .

The PVE server will still get port conquer and small/large battle ' I guess ' for PVP fans . 

I would suspect the small/large battle will remain but i highly doupt port battles will for PVE

PvE since i get tired of the PvP crowd that think they are the masterrace yet act like little children in a sandbox trowing sand into each other eyes.

Woooooohhooooooooo +1 :D ,nah i'll join the pvp server most likely but  Mirones got it totally right.  dude ya had me yellin "exactly that" and my gf lookin at me like i'm crazy

Edited by BoomBox

PvE simply because I don't like the PvP crowd, some are nice but most are there only to destroy your fun and gank you, some even can't take it when they lose and make it personal, they start with profanity and then do everything to make you quit. I've played EVE Online for 3 years so I know very well how these guys can behave.

​In PvE I can do my own thing and when I don't like someone I can just ignore him, but I still hope the Devs make it challenging for us in PvE and add Group Events so we have to team up with other players to beat the AI and also make it able for Bots/AI to attack you when you're sailing in the open and/or in enemy regions.

​And now that they've added a PvE shard I want to thank the Devs for thinking about us PvE crowd also, I hope to spend many hours playing your beautiful game!

• Like 1