Game-Labs Forum

Transparent Masts

Vote, ye scurvy old salts!  

49 members have voted

1. 1. transparent masts

• Aye!!!
    • Nay.

Can any of ye scurvy landlubbers who voted "Nay" explain to my why you like to be blinded by a mast in yer puss?

Normally, the Captain would just step to the side and have a look around it, but that aint an option here.

Explain yerselves...

And the on-deck camera views are terrible, exactly.

We need something like this:

Numpad 8: Forecastle view

Numpad 2: Quarterdeck/helm view

Numpad 5: Mainmasthead view

etc, etc

we can't do it yet, due to other priorities. Some day we will add those features. 

• Like 6

What's next transparent ships.... 

That argument tactic is known as "Reduction to the absurd". It is about as valid as my forged letter of marque! Yarrr!

But I be satisfied that if Admiral Admin says there will be different camera views, that be good enough for Pagan Pete!

[_]P

Edited by Pagan Pete
  • Like 1

It may seem absurd to you Sir but someone would ask for it.... ;)

Ye be known' what is in Pagan Pete's head now, do ye? Seems a bit uncredible.

Did Pagan Pete ASK for transparent ships? Don't ye be tryin to put words in me mouth… Leave that comment for the flea infested bilge rat that does ask for transparent ships.  :P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you're going to make sails transparent to provide visibility you might as well include a transparency effect for anything that gets in front of the camera, in my opinion. Either do it properly or get rid of it completely and have obstructed views be a part of the gameplay.

I'd prefer to see features like transparency removed completely. Ships fought with courses, spritsail etc clewed up, reefed or furled for good reason - to avoid having them catch fire from the muzzle flash and fragments of burning wadding (which is another feature that I'd like to see, frankly), but also to improve visibility in combat. It may not be a high priority for the devs, but I'll be content to wait for fo'c'sle/masthead/quarterdeck/etc views.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Try zooming out. Shouldn't be sailing zoomed in the first place.

Personally, the only time I am zoomed is when I shoot.

Creates better situational awareness and keeps ya from doing things like crossing the bow of an ally and getting rammed or blocking their shot or ramming them.