Game-Labs Forum

Questions to developers

How do the guilds work? If you create one on the PvE server can it be used on PvP? Can it go back and forth? Any guide on that would be appreciated.

No. Guilds are unique to each server.

When can we expect the monthly content updates to start rolling in? Will it be roughly a month after the steam release happened?

Hopefully soon. There are, of course, some pressing issues that have cropped up when EA launched.

• Like 1

Will be more trade mechanichs added soon? I will like to see somewhat like in Port Royale 2 or Patrician III, with loans(player made if possible), auctions, and trade missions.

Will you add the possibility of became a mayor of a town or even the gobernor of your country colonies?

Possibility of made a corporation(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporation) between few players to share expenses and profits?

Edited by Galbatorix

I have a few questions that need answering regarding ship boarding. A few minutes ago me and a friend of mine were on a mission, with the goal of capturing a ship. However, the A.I disengaged from me, and now this random dude that joined in on the event snatched the ship from us. Is this an intentional mechanic. If so then you need to be able to attack that guy for the ship. He literally stole the ship from us, a pirate act. This is something that I think is bullshit. Either you need to make him attackable, only let the one that got to the event first capture a ship if he/she wants to, or the event needs to be locked for everyone else than the ones in your group (this could also be an option, making players able to lock down events against AI started by them.)

• Like 1

Is it expected that the aggressiveness of AI will be reactivated, especially on the PvE servers ? Will bots tag and attack ?

(I guess it isn't a priority right now with EA release, but it'd be a real change of atmosphere in the PvE OW. It'd make it more interesting and PvP server-like)

The perfect balance is difficult to find regarding NPCs aggressiveness. There's no final decision yet.

Will be more trade mechanichs added soon? I will like to see somewhat like in Port Royale 2 or Patrician III, with loans(player made if possible), auctions, and trade missions.

Will you add the possibility of became a mayor of a town or even the gobernor of your country colonies?

Possibility of made a corporation(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporation) between few players to share expenses and profits?

Here are the  Development plans prioritization - proposals and feedback

Please post your trade suggestions in the Economy, Trading and Crafting forum.

I have a few questions that need answering regarding ship boarding. A few minutes ago me and a friend of mine were on a mission, with the goal of capturing a ship. However, the A.I disengaged from me, and now this random dude that joined in on the event snatched the ship from us. Is this an intentional mechanic. If so then you need to be able to attack that guy for the ship. He literally stole the ship from us, a pirate act. This is something that I think is bullshit. Either you need to make him attackable, only let the one that got to the event first capture a ship if he/she wants to, or the event needs to be locked for everyone else than the ones in your group (this could also be an option, making players able to lock down events against AI started by them.)

Players being able to enter someone else's mission after the initial tag is a bug, it will be fixed. Until then, remember that green on green damage isn't allowed, please talk to him in the chat.

• Like 2

Exploration - Is this feature still being considered, worked or or has it been dropped. I love the game, great work by the way, but there are times you just feel like taking a break and sailing off into the sunset. 

Keep up the great work Dev's.

ahoy captains!fist of all congratulations for the launch on steam,seems the game are making a big comunity of people sailing all around,secong:the game looks amazing in open world!of couse its in apha state but mate...not too muchs devs in the  world can make a game that works fine from the firt day,congratilations for that and for the realy good detail in all the aspestc of the game,now me like all other players im anxius to see more and more :D

now have a question:if a delete my character with for example r8,3000 gold etc and all the reddeme ships in my inventory,what happen with the redeeme ships if i start in another server/etc.

thanks in advance for the answer,and congrats once again for the game,cya in the SEA!

Dear sir i have been an active supporter of this game since the beginining. I travel a lot for my work and i couldnt be able to make an account over day 21. Now i cant enjoy the gift of some good ships you gave to persons who bought the game later than me. For me this is very unfair. Is there some way to get that ships for persons like me who supported the game since the beginning ?

I checked MMORPG games list and Naval Action is not listed there at all. Is this intentional? I know there was a recent vote related to game sites and such.

I'm not a developer but my guess is probably because Its not really an MMORPG its just an MMO with limited RPG elements.

Edited by Fluffy Fishy

How large do you plan for the servers to be and do you feel you will be able to properly populate such a large map?

When I played PotBS oh so long ago even at their peak had more players on some servers than the current 2000+ gets during prime-time and it would even feel barren in some areas of the map even with PotBS's map being a extremely small in comparison with NA's map.

I'm just worried, I want to see this game succeed and I don't want to see another PotBS failure. The allure of milking money will be great but if you love your baby don't strangle it like they did.

What is the exact downside of sailing your ship with less crew?

And does this effect (if any) start at 99% crew or at 80% crew?

Because I seem to remember reading a dev saying it only takes effect when below 80%

So example;

I am rank 5 and sailing my Renommee with 82% crew... what are the downsides?

So example;

I am rank 5 and sailing my Renommee with 82% crew... what are the downsides?

You'll notice an increase in reload times and decreased maneuverability. At that percentage it's doable but keep in mind if you start taking crew losses in battle those effects will only become worse.

You'll notice an increase in reload times and decreased maneuverability. At that percentage it's doable but keep in mind if you start taking crew losses in battle those effects will only become worse.

Could you give any specific numbers on that?

Dear sir i have been an active supporter of this game since the beginining. I travel a lot for my work and i couldnt be able to make an account over day 21. Now i cant enjoy the gift of some good ships you gave to persons who bought the game later than me. For me this is very unfair. Is there some way to get that ships for persons like me who supported the game since the beginning ?

Those ships were granted as a thank you to players who logged in and helped to test the servers just before and right around the Early Access launch.  Early Adopters, such as yourself, were promised (and received) a Yacht.  While I know you may think it unfair, those ships were granted to those who were able to help Game Labs stress the new servers right before Early Access.

There will be additional ships and rewards handed out throughout the testing process.  Stay active and help reach the Developer's goals and you'll be sure to receive some of those.