Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.9 Rx2)

"Fixed some old problems of aiming by code refactoring. You should notice now not so often happening a very fast growth of “Range Found” bonus, reaching a high limit which happened mostly to the AI but could also happen to the player."

Not so often, only every battle?  Well I had two battles, and in both I saw this issue. So the sample is small but not a good sign.

lYrkcbD.jpg

Stock game (no mods).

UPDATE: Happens in every battle.

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 3

It's 1914 and Japan is in a war with Russia, which inevitably turned out to include France, Britain and the United States. Needless to say they have a superiority of ship numbers. Or, that is to say, had superiority. The seas have been cleared of ships with the loss of a single light cruiser torpedoed at point blank range in a typhoon.

The congregation of allied navies looks like this... whole mess of dirtbags off Indochina and the Philippines, and a single Russian destroyer at Sakhalin Island. Yet, I am under blockade. Is it the DD blockading me? I mean to say that I could see a blockade if there was actually one in place, like a task force in the Sea of Japan and another off Tokyo. But that condition never existed. I have control of the area. YET I am still under blockade.

At its height, this blockade included one British dreadnought in NE China...and that destroyer. At one point, the Americans tried to pass a task force through the Sea of Japan which now has a new coral reef. And that's it.

Where the hell is this blockade hiding? I have always disliked the blockade mechanic in this game. Not only do two ships NOT constitute a blockade, but I also suffer the maximum penalty possible as if a thousand had me surrounded, and instantly. The effects of ships present do not necessarily constitute a blockade when the enemy does NOT hold a local superiority. My entire navy is present. /shrug/

Furthermore, the effects of said blockade do not scale. The country suffering it is instantly penalized to the maximum, and the AI exploits this by delivering a single ship somewhere you have to find. It just doesn't make any sense.

The Emperor has instructed the citizens of Japan to stop planting flowers everywhere and put a few fruit trees down.

• Sad 1

"Improved aiming mechanics, so that gun number and their ROF matter more distinctively in increasing the aiming progress."

I really wish this feature could be removed or at least lowered the effect by 80%. It is the source for such incredible, unrealistic situations.

1 hour ago, Admiral Donuts said:

It's 1914 and Japan is in a war with Russia, which inevitably turned out to include France, Britain and the United States. Needless to say they have a superiority of ship numbers. Or, that is to say, had superiority. The seas have been cleared of ships with the loss of a single light cruiser torpedoed at point blank range in a typhoon.

The congregation of allied navies looks like this... whole mess of dirtbags off Indochina and the Philippines, and a single Russian destroyer at Sakhalin Island. Yet, I am under blockade. Is it the DD blockading me? I mean to say that I could see a blockade if there was actually one in place, like a task force in the Sea of Japan and another off Tokyo. But that condition never existed. I have control of the area. YET I am still under blockade.

At its height, this blockade included one British dreadnought in NE China...and that destroyer. At one point, the Americans tried to pass a task force through the Sea of Japan which now has a new coral reef. And that's it.

Where the hell is this blockade hiding? I have always disliked the blockade mechanic in this game. Not only do two ships NOT constitute a blockade, but I also suffer the maximum penalty possible as if a thousand had me surrounded, and instantly. The effects of ships present do not necessarily constitute a blockade when the enemy does NOT hold a local superiority. My entire navy is present. /shrug/

Furthermore, the effects of said blockade do not scale. The country suffering it is instantly penalized to the maximum, and the AI exploits this by delivering a single ship somewhere you have to find. It just doesn't make any sense.

The Emperor has instructed the citizens of Japan to stop planting flowers everywhere and put a few fruit trees down.

I have noticed this a few times in my campaigns as well.  I could be wrong, but it seems like the ships do not have to be in region to execute a blockade like they used to.  Playing as USA, I would blockade Italy and A-H when ALL of my ships were in port at the time.

I second the fact that the blockade system needs another look. 

• Like 1

I started a new game with patch 1.3.5 and I've just gotten into my first war (Britain Vs China), so I moved my fleets to intercept the Chinese ones. However, I can only make my fleets circle around theirs and cannot send them directly into the enemy location on the map, or into the entire ZoC around them, and I am getting zero naval combats. In the meantime Chinese armies are making progress into my Indian possessions and I can't do anything.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

3 minutes ago, casperwieik said:

I started a new game with patch 1.3.5 and I've just gotten into my first war (Britain Vs China), so I moved my fleets to intercept the Chinese ones. However, I can only make my fleets circle around theirs and cannot send them directly into the enemy location on the map, or into the entire ZoC around them, and I am getting zero naval combats. In the meantime Chinese armies are making progress into my Indian possessions and I can't do anything.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Should be fixed in today's 1.3.6 patch according to the notes

EDIT: please ignore, I did not read the comment all the way through.

Edited by Suribachi

Issue report

1.1 about turrets rotation.

rotation_speed_gun_weight_min,1.25,,,,,,,,
rotation_speed_gun_weight_max,0.5,,,,,,,,

I finally noticed this working in game, nice touch. However:

• The turret will only update the info when we change the shell size. UI updating the new info issue.
  • The rotation speed gun weight will only take into consideration the change to gun barrel length and shell size. Will not take into consideration the weight of the armor in the turret.

1.2 about the new changes to accuracy.

I am noticing ships in 1890 with 1% range modifier. If this is because the ships still not have any Fire control on board is really a nice improvement towards realism. However, the fire control can still be damaged in battle and with this a penalty in accuracy will occur.

Edited by o Barão

все так же восхищен этим прекрасным проектом!!но есть некоторые моменты требующие внимания (+ и -)

1.Радует отношение разработчиков к игре и постоянное улучшение всех уровней, от стратегии до тактики

теперь к минусам

2.Самые красочные и увлекательные бои с 1895 до 1905, но по мере совершенствования дизайна и науки)))происходит уменьшение красочности боев!!после 1910 года можно утопить противника даже по значку? не наблюдая его, что в принципе соответствует реалиям, но уменьшает визуальный эффект в игре. Возможно разработчикам следует на это обратить внимание и сделать что то типа "бинокля" или "визира"? Игра от этого только выиграет.

3. Уменьшает привлекательность игры ситуация с нациями, у меня при исторической компании за Российскую империю, уже к 1906 году исчезли!!Британия!!Германия!Испания!!и Китай стал на 60 % меньше!! При этом остались колонии и просто порты под серым флагом которые занять нет возможности!!

4. Нет ясности с финансированием наций, вызывает вопрос почему при победе и когда предлагается репарация с большими суммами, эти средства не отражаются бюджете и так же не ясен вопрос почему при захвате территорий и колоний не происходит рост ВВП?

Но самое главное!!! игра доставляет удовольствие и жду ее дальнейшего развития!!возможно даже до уровня мультиплеерного режима)!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, o Barão said:

"Fixed some old problems of aiming by code refactoring. You should notice now not so often happening a very fast growth of “Range Found” bonus, reaching a high limit which happened mostly to the AI but could also happen to the player."

Not so often, only every battle?  Well I had two battles, and in both I saw this issue. So the sample is small but not a good sign.

lYrkcbD.jpg

Stock game (no mods).

UPDATE: Happens in every battle.

Range finding is completely broken at the moment it seems. 
N4iquLG.png
Inflicted over 8,000 casualties in under 24 minutes despite 16" guns having a 64 second reload, because they landed multiple hits with every salvo, including the first one. I can snipe DD's and CL's going full speed at 15km away with the first salvo fired at them because of the magical "Range Found" accuracy buff
Z7AIMDM.png
Nevada just switched targets, but is going to take her first salvo at an enemy 19km away w/ a 2,900% accuracy buff because of magical USN range finders
How are you supposed to counter this? No amount of speed, damage instability, or bad weather can offset that much of an accuracy buff, and if you don't have the armor to survive the impact, that's it, game over.
There's no point in building anything but fast battleships at this point because everything else is just going to die instantly to heavy capital ship grade shells fired from outside the range of whatever guns you put on your cruiser or DD.

• Like 2

Just started playing again after a long break. lots of nice improvements but just ran into a really stupid situation. an enemy TB rammed my BB, I sunk it quickly, but then the sunk hull scrapped all the way down the side causing so much flotation damage my BB sunk. That TB would have been in pieces and should not have caused more damage after being sunk then it did when alive. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, SodaBit said:

Range finding is completely broken at the moment it seems. 
N4iquLG.png
Inflicted over 8,000 casualties in under 24 minutes despite 16" guns having a 64 second reload, because they landed multiple hits with every salvo, including the first one. I can snipe DD's and CL's going full speed at 15km away with the first salvo fired at them because of the magical "Range Found" accuracy buff
Z7AIMDM.png
Nevada just switched targets, but is going to take her first salvo at an enemy 19km away w/ a 2,900% accuracy buff because of magical USN range finders
How are you supposed to counter this? No amount of speed, damage instability, or bad weather can offset that much of an accuracy buff, and if you don't have the armor to survive the impact, that's it, game over.
There's no point in building anything but fast battleships at this point because everything else is just going to die instantly to heavy capital ship grade shells fired from outside the range of whatever guns you put on your cruiser or DD.

I noticed that also...

like 70% accuracy at 30km...that isn't quite right.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2023 at 2:25 PM, Urst said:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x eight-core processor    (16 CPUs), ~3.7GHz

So I was just in a battle of 21 vs 24 and was in the mid-teens of fps (checked with Riva).  

I am using a 5950x which averages a single thread passmark rating of 3470,  the 2700x is a 2424.  My 5950x is in the realm of a 12th gen intel machine.  The 2700x is that whole int stagnation period of a 4790k to a 7700k.  

In 2023, my 5950x is no doubt above average.  The 2700x might be in the average realm for ST performance...

So for the devs, something needs to be done to not overwhelm the thread.  Maybe separate the big battle into two?   My 21 bs 24 could be a 10 v 12 and a second 10 v 12?  I know it isn't historical, but it is a game and for fun.  Gimping along with 8fps isn't fun.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, applegrcoug said:

So for the devs, something needs to be done to not overwhelm the thread.  Maybe separate the big battle into two?   My 21 bs 24 could be a 10 v 12 and a second 10 v 12?  I know it isn't historical, but it is a game and for fun.  Gimping along with 8fps isn't fun.

Allow to use more cores can be the solution. I have game, which could effective charge all cores even in Win-XP in year 2007. :)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Oxygenes said:

Allow to use more cores can be the solution. I have game, which could effective charge all cores even in Win-XP in year 2007. :)

That's probably going to involve some serious rewriting of some systems, though, i doubt they have the time left for that.

1 hour ago, Tortenschachtel said:

That's probably going to involve some serious rewriting of some systems, though, i doubt they have the time left for that.

I agree, but for me Unity engine is famous resource eater. My pal do own game in Unity and says, that engine calculate all twice for some reasons.

But here is another fun thing. Basic start menu - if you have not created profile yet( or you delete old), run game for "first" time is capable charge all cores for 100%. I can hear it, how fan start work loudly, checked state of cores by HW-Info too. But if you save graphic settings, then all goes back to normal.

On 5/9/2023 at 11:54 PM, Nick Thomadis said:

You should notice now not so often happening a very fast growth of “Range Found” bonus, reaching a high limit which happened mostly to the AI but could also happen to the player.

in my latest battle 'range found' bonus jumped from +1% straight to +1500%

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Admiral Donuts said:

The game has seized up once loading for battle and twice building ships. Have to cntl-alt-del.

Ditto this on battles. Very annoying.

Designer itself is great, but again (and I'll say this till it gets fixed), the values in it need some major
adjustments. They literally make no sense and inflate costs too rapidly. 

Maintenance costs needs work as well. It shouldn't be a flat % of ship value. Different components

cost more or less to maintain. Maintenance costs should also decrease once a tech is 'matured', ie
you've had it a few years. 

I'll comment more on battles when I actually get into a battle lol.

• Like 1