Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.3 Feedback<<<(Released)

Nick Thomadis

Got some quick feedback about the new weather systems. In almost every battle, I've had to deal with stormy weather at one point or another, but a lot of the time the weather really isn't worth fighting in, or simply cannot be fought in with current technologies.
E.G. 1902 Bay of Biscay battle:
34plmVQ.png
I've only got 1st generation rangefinders on my ships, no RADAR, no RDF. Somehow, someone has "Spotted" enemy smoke to the North-East. How they managed to do this is completely beyond me, as I can barely see the next ship in my own formation with the naked eye. Even if I was able to find an enemy in these conditions, it wouldn't be much of a fight, and more of a waste of time, fuel, and shells, given...
7mYm5yR.png
That the best my guns can do is fire blindly into the darkness and pray they hit something. I know that the weather might improve, but until then, there's nothing to actually do in this battle, except hope that I might be able to score a dozen hits and not eat a torpedo in return. Having battles at least start in acceptable weather would be a welcome improvement, even if there is still the chance for the weather to get foul later on. 

• Like 3

First impressions are a great addition. But positive emotions are not as relevant as comments, are they?
And the comments are - too much bad weather. The transition from bad weather to good weather was observed at the very end of the battle, before the last volleys, and rain and fog almost constantly.
The behavior of ships in the water - in reality, the underwater part is not exposed even in a storm almost to the keel. In any case, this moment looks unreliable in the game.
The hit of several torpedoes, for example, in the right side causes a roll for some reason to the left side. not critical, but it could have been fixed a long time ago.
It's time to make the world map unbreakable, too.

It would be useful to inform the player about the weather forecast before the battle - a total storm or cloudy with clarifications.

In general, well done, keep improving the game!

Edited by spinaker

@Nick Thomadis The UI for ship directions should not be effected by the weather condition. In any kind of bad weather, as soon as one zooms out even a little bit, the dotted direction line disappears and one no longer knows the direction a selected ship is going.

Also the avoid function is still not working correctly. Friendly ships keep crashing into each other, but more importantly crashing into enemy ships happens every battle - especially in a campaign with an early starting year since the fighting happens at very short ranges.

Hello all,

Please have a little patience with the weather as the randomization system is not working yet as it is expected, with varied weights according to weather and daytime. So very frequently you might get too bad weather. We will add the complete randomization in the next update soon. 

Please share feedback on other things of the campaign which need our attention, excluding the much repeated known issues we will address, such as the common alliance.
It would help to know if the current financial balance of the campaign is too generous or it is challenging enough.

• Like 8

First of all, the new update is awesome especially weather system, water look's great, can't wait for the new hulls. And I find a bag, when playing campaign for the France in 1910, description of the submarines is incorrect, and time of loading of campaign, when I start it was bigger, but other loadings is really faster. Thanks for the work)

Edited by __Arminius_

There seems to be a dead spot in the UI, when trying to select the top ship to move, trying to prioritize armour tech, or when in the Fleet menu, trying to mothball ships there is a dead area that I cannot interact within that area, and have to use other methods, like scrolling the page to interact with those ships, or using the slider to order the top ship to move.

Map looks much better, love the naval invasion tonnage being shown

Will we get a post war naval treaty system to limit guns or tonnage until the next war?

Edited by BGSwor

These notes pertain to the designer and USA ships

Dual barbettes for small guns do not allow both anchor points to be used with the new 5 inch mk 5s 

another thing about the new barbette it places in mirrored duplicates 

on the subject of the new 5 inch guns will they be replacing the old model fully because I notice it's only on dd's and cl's (correction they are on larger hulls but from 6 and above) would like seeing them implemented for US secondary guns 

keeping on small cal guns can we see the model for the French quad 2-3 inch guns ported to the USA it's a bit drab using the same default gun for most of the game and it's fitting to have the bofors on US ships to add a bit more flare to late game hulls

3 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Hello all,

Please have a little patience with the weather as the randomization system is not working yet as it is expected, with varied weights according to weather and daytime. So very frequently you might get too bad weather. We will add the complete randomization in the next update soon. 

Please share feedback on other things of the campaign which need our attention, excluding the much repeated known issues we will address, such as the common alliance.
It would help to know if the current financial balance of the campaign is too generous or it is challenging enough.

What I notice about the state of finances in the campaign is that I tend to scrape the barrel in the first few years, and than accumulate a massive stockpile of tens of billions of dollars when a war comes around, which then makes finances a non-factor. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Zuikaku said:

Firsr time I was ambushed by TBs and they didn't run away. So it might be fixed but what raises suspicion is they were making only 6kn. I don't know if that was due to stormy weather or some bug. Their fuel level was at 77%.

what era, a lot of early boilers and funnels are incredibly bad in efficiency leading to many early ships saying they can make 20 but only making 10

One of my task forces vanished. Problem: I didn't notice which precise action I did before this. Maybe it was when I set its route. I discovered this when I looked for it next turn. The ships which composed it were not in the ship list anymore. 

Without transition, I like the new dynamic weather. 

2 minutes ago, Panzergraf said:

Is that a bug, or intentional to stop players armoring their ships with Krupp 5 while the AI is still using Harvey?

I think that's a bug. Why preventing this and allowing player to have turbines or quadruple torpedo launchers way before AI can field them? Why limiting only that one tech tree?