Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.1+ Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.2.9R)

Nick Thomadis

5 hours ago, TiagoStein said:

more or less  fire still is a problem. Although the components inside the citadel should indeed nto be damaged (just the ship before that stop being a ship and become a coffin)

Again, go back & look at the original post. It's not fire that's a the problem. Fire is fine. The problem is complete (within the citadel!) section destruction & subsequent unstoppable flooding

38 minutes ago, neph said:

Again, go back & look at the original post. It's not fire that's a the problem. Fire is fine. The problem is complete (within the citadel!) section destruction & subsequent unstoppable flooding

That does not compute (also you did not specify  it was not fire) because flooding happens from penetrations  under waterline and they only spread  based on the bulkheads level. I NEVER had a flooding spread from the aft or front section to the citadel when I use the maximum bulkheads (and I do all the time so  I might not notice a bug that happens in other scenarios). So maybe it is something wrong with the bulkheads  mechanics? In your specific cases   what are the bulkheads levels?

2 hours ago, TiagoStein said:

That does not compute (also you did not specify  it was not fire) because flooding happens from penetrations  under waterline and they only spread  based on the bulkheads level. I NEVER had a flooding spread from the aft or front section to the citadel when I use the maximum bulkheads (and I do all the time so  I might not notice a bug that happens in other scenarios). So maybe it is something wrong with the bulkheads  mechanics? In your specific cases   what are the bulkheads levels?

All maximum. The issue is damage bleed. Damage bleed is when damage added to a destroyed (red) segment is instead given to the surrounding segments, which may destroy those.

If a bow segment is hit by a high caliber HE shell, the HE may penetrate the weak armor and achieve a full penetration (~5000 damage). This will destroy that segment and keep destroying segments adjacent to it all the way into the armored citadel.

Destroyed segments will flood unstoppably. If a segment is red, no amount of damage control stops the flooding.

Thus, even though the citadel is protected from HE, HE damage can travel through the bow & into the citadel, flooding machinery & sinking the vessel.

This is because the game allows damage bleed to pass from outside the citadel inside the citadel. This is unrealistic. In real life, there's a large slab of armor in the way.

The most effective way to kill heavily armored ships is by hitting their bow with HE.

As the player, this is not a problem if you have weaker armor, because the enemy will throw AP at you instead.

This problem only occurs for the player when you are building very well protected ships, because the enemy will give up and throw HE instead, which will achieve full penetrations on the bow (AP will overpen).

Edited by neph
  • Like 7

Ships running away without ever making contact with my ships is now happening almost every time I try to fight an engagement directly instead of auto resolving.

Also having a major issue with land engagements (again), if you initiate a Naval Invasion and it fails, the enemy gains 50000 VPs, whereas if your nation's armies secure a region via a land offensive you get approximately 0 VPs, so quite often wars you are clearly winning get skewed in the enemies' favour through the VP system if you fail a single naval invasion. Currently at war with China again on my Japan run, tried to initate a naval invasion with a 900,000 ton fleet and failed, yet my land armies have secured all but one of China's provinces (four conquered in total) and their fleet is down to a dozen light ships whereas mine is over 200 strong in number. Despite this, China's VPs stand at 90000 whereas mine stand at 45000, despite the fact they've done nothing but sink a single 900 ton destroyer whereas I've sank almost their entire navy and practically conquered their mainland. This needs a fix for sure.

Also please stop entire fleets returning to port for no reason after an engagement reeeeeee

Edited by Warspite96
Asjusting spacing
  • Like 2

Something seems to be wrong with the hull tree at least for britain:

1. Even though listed in the Branch overview I don't get my advertised Armored Cruiser II.
  2. From the 19th Century WS I neighter get nor see it in the oveview: Small Torpedo Cruiser, Gunboat, Turret Cruiser and the advertised but missing Armored Cruiser II.
  3. Now New structural Steel gives BB III, at least it claims to I still don't have access.
  4. After that I get BB II - don't know if it's just listed or only claimed.

hull_error.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 12:52 PM, Vinrellren said:

Is it only me, or every time a major got conquered (totally annexed), the game will crash and will not be able to load the save?

I am having issues with saves as well. I ran three separate campaigns since the 1.1.4 update, and all three saves are corrupt. Two occurred after saving and closing the game, and the third occurred after designing a new ship when the game crashed and corrupted the save. It’s a regular problem and makes the campaign unplayable at the moment. I have submitted multiple inquiries on this forum and via the bug reporter and have yet to hear back. 

EDIT: Looks like the campaign bugs were fixed. I can access all of my saves again. Appreciate the team picking these issues up!

Edited by Josh

26 minutes ago, Dave P. said:

Being able to separately classify ships (like creating a DE, DDG, or FF classification) would help keep things like minelayer destroyers separate in the fleet list from fleet destroyers, gun vs. torpedo destroyers, etc. Maybe some day.

I make a class of cheap, minimalist TBs or DDs as minelayers armed with 4 serviceable gun turrets (and unfortunately armed with a single torpedo cause, well,  Devs!) which I call Harbor Class and manually name each one with a prefix and  the intended port and a roman numeral, ie ZH_Dover III. In this case Z - to make sorting easier, H - Harbor class, III - the third minelayer allocated to that port.  I can then sort by name in the Fleet screen. A painful but serviceable kludge to the problem.

Caution as the devs insist or randomly assigning ships to battles and these ships are not intended for open sea combat you need to keep them as Inactive, Defend or, when sailing, Protect missions (well, any thing BUT Sea Control). Keep them as small as possible and if they do end up in combat use the small ship cloaking exploit to keep them alive.

Edited by kjg000
distracted - didn't finish post.
  • Like 2

On 1/29/2023 at 6:17 AM, Nick Thomadis said:

The problem is the British Populations which is almost 22 Billion. Is this a nation that has dissolved and appeared again? Please clarify if you have edited the save maybe and caused immense growth to the nation so it caused this result?

We have received some reports from players who cheat on the saves and break the whole campaign.

Adding unlimited tonnage to their ships which makes the Battle AI to be afraid and want to leave (because it realizes it is ovewhelmed), adding cheat wealth to their nations or AI to pose a challenge, creating  complete imbalance of numbers or broken saves which crash etc.

The nation has dissolved and appeared. The save has not been edited in any way.

48 minutes ago, prreich said:

also, I have notices some ships in battles have a bug where their speed cannot be changed and is stuck at max speed. Sometimes this can be fixed by removing the ship from the division 

Use the AI function to command your ship / division. Enable and disable.  I noticed this is enough to fix this issue.

16 hours ago, neph said:

All maximum. The issue is damage bleed. Damage bleed is when damage added to a destroyed (red) segment is instead given to the surrounding segments, which may destroy those.

If a bow segment is hit by a high caliber HE shell, the HE may penetrate the weak armor and achieve a full penetration (~5000 damage). This will destroy that segment and keep destroying segments adjacent to it all the way into the armored citadel.

Destroyed segments will flood unstoppably. If a segment is red, no amount of damage control stops the flooding.

Thus, even though the citadel is protected from HE, HE damage can travel through the bow & into the citadel, flooding machinery & sinking the vessel.

This is because the game allows damage bleed to pass from outside the citadel inside the citadel. This is unrealistic. In real life, there's a large slab of armor in the way.

The most effective way to kill heavily armored ships is by hitting their bow with HE.

As the player, this is not a problem if you have weaker armor, because the enemy will throw AP at you instead.

This problem only occurs for the player when you are building very well protected ships, because the enemy will give up and throw HE instead, which will achieve full penetrations on the bow (AP will overpen).

mm then  I think I have not been facing it because I  armor the front and back enough to not get full pens by  most HE, then massive damage at those sections is rare for me. It makes sense that  segments in citadel should only  receive over damage from other segments within the citadel.

7 hours ago, Fun Police said:

I have done two attempts at an italy campign. Some way in to both of them I have gotten a CTD exiting the shipyard, and now the same thing happens whenever I try to load that save.  Kinda disheartening. 

Can't exactly submit the bug report either. 

I had the same issue with a corrupted save in my Italian campaign.

1 hour ago, kineuhansen said:

pen really need balance asap ships with smaller guns for some reason do more damage then my battleships with bigger guns and that when the ai use same shells components

Well   smaller guns  do cause more damage per  minute against unarmored targets than large guns, and that is  not wrong.  Large guns exist to reach longer ranges and punch trough  thicker armor. SO.. on what conditions  more specifically you are seeing that?

• Like 1

Game crash getting out of the shipyard (in the loading world section) 3 saves all wasted because of this. All of the saves descend to a total war and chaos too, with AI seemingly antagonizing me albeit already at war with 4 different major nation (I think 4 is a child's play, 5 would be a noobie). All 3 saves the AI did the exact same thing.

• Like 1