Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.09 Feedback (Released)<<<

Nick Thomadis

general question about mines in my capanin, either its a bug or i i am missing something so here it goes:

Japan 1890 start

I have minelaying researched (actually the upgrade for 50 mines)

I have defensive minesfields researched

I have ships with minelaying capabilities in my ports

I am at war

Yet i do not see that yellow marker for minefields around my ports.

i'd assume i should see it, or they are there but my own mines are not indicated, or i miss something.

Actually 3rd 1890 start campain so far (over last recent patches)

Beta Update "Repair Pack 3" (1/11/2022)

- Fixed longstanding campaign AI issues which caused the AI to create very large groups and then become idle, emptying its ports. AI activity to reinforce the various territories of the map should be now much larger, and the AI should attempt to break into smaller fleets and engage enemies in multiple fronts. It is advised to start a new campaign to notice the full changes, but the fix can apply to your ongoing campaign too.
- Reduced the maximum minefield range, addressing the overpowering effect of minefields at the late tech years.
- Added the first canal. In 1895 the "Kiel Canal" will become available to Germany. In the next major update we will fully implement this feature.

This beta aims to fix all the major problems reported so far and is a release candidate. Some hot fixes can follow depending on your quick feedback. We will continue to add necessary fixes after the release of 1.09 for the public.

Please Restart Steam to receive the new update.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Beta Update "Repair Pack 3" (1/11/2022)
- Added the first canal. In 1895 the "Kiel Canal" will become available to Germany. In the next major update we will fully implement this feature.

I assume this means the Suez, Panama and heck the Great Lake Locks in the US and Canada will or can all be unlocked over time coming in the next update?   IE the next update will focus on Map + new ships that were defered from this update (no need to answer that just guessing)

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

USbelike.thumb.jpg.d7dfb2b48a4265dfedd4f853414abe7e.jpg

It's 1901, and the Americans isolationist have been doing nothing but building ships for eleven years...

That pic also shows a problem atm where all the nations just seem to have endless money now. On all my campaigns the the ai have billions within the first few years. 

Edited by Danz_Von_Luck

Only had time to play a year and a half on RP3 tonight.    Not seeing AS BIG of doomstacks as before (I am playing Russia and so far only at war against Japan.)   But I am seeing a startling increase in shipbuilding tempo others seem to be mentioning...  Japan had 2 fleet units on the map last month I played.  Both were 3BB, 0/1 BC,. and a bunch of Heavy cruisers (I have decimated their Light Cruiser and DD forces.)

Japan has kept ports with minimal ships (one or 2) But that is what I do as well so I think it is "fine"

No hangs or Locks so far (but those tend to happen when 2 3 or 4 wars are going on at once in my experience.  I have seen no indications of anyone else being at war yet.

SEEMS to be tweaks around convoys that have happened (or RNGus is just teasing me IDK)   I have gotten the transports every convoy mission (Auto or manual battle.)

RP3 - game stopped responding at Update Missions. Game is still hanging up forever at Building Ships.

edit - game is now not responding every month at Update Missions and has to be reloaded. Now 4 months in a row. edit - it stopped doing this after 4 months and is now hanging up again at Building Ships.

edit 5th month of peace with China (as Japan) I'm still blockading them. Ended after the 5th month since peace,

edit - 1915 of a 1910 campaign as Japan. Now in the 2nd war with Russia and the 3rd war with China.

...starting new campaign to see if it clears hanging up at Building Ships.

About 2 years into a German campaign 1910. Has not slowed down at all, no hanging up at Building ships. Just about everyone is at war now.

Edited by Admiral Donuts

4) We need to know fueling rate on each port. ATM you have no idea which ports, i.e. non-home ports, can refuel your taskforces or how fast. 

5) Are we going to be able to manually upgrade ports? E.g., Pearl Harbour, 1910 start port capacity is 19600t but I would like to speed up port development to make it a reasonable hub within 10 years, say at least 150,000t. 

Edited by Skeksis

I'm also getting a hang every turn with the  "Building Ships" popup showing. (Reported in-game)

The game can be saved and reloaded but the same issue occurs at the end of the next turn. It may not be relevant but I always get an event pop-up wheh I reload the saved game

This is with an existing pre RP3 saved game

I also think everyone has too much money - I've blockaded the Russians  for some time and they still have +7% growth and 765,000,000 in their naval budget

I've since started a new game and am not seeing the hang

Edited by Doomed
Further testing

4 hours ago, Danz_Von_Luck said:

That pic also shows a problem atm where all the nations just seem to have endless money now. On all my campaigns the the ai have billions within the first few years. 

you sometimes get messages that "XY was replace due exzessive spending", but I wonder if that has any real consequences for the Ai.

8 hours ago, Admiral Donuts said:

When I beat the Chinese with Japan, it always offers me either Formosa or Mongolia as optional territorial grabs. Do you mean Manchuria?

Manchuria is a province which is used to build ships in two ports and so can not currently be taken.

We are also dealing with Qing china which is in control of mongolia during this time so it can be taken in a peace deal.

So I just got the new building new ships freeze. I got the option to ask for a peace deal with China the preivuse turn which I choose to contune the war. The message about the war with China contuning which means the turn is done loading and then shown the building new ships in the center of the screen again. The AI has even done their events.

20221101110113_1.thumb.jpg.492710b641c91032b4c678a819e0a001.jpg

If you look at the notefication feed then you can see that both United States and the Spainsh Empire has reacted to events so the building new ships loading part should not be shown again.

• Like 1

Not neccessarily a bug, but a gameplay issue of sorts. Playing as Spain 1890-1902 so far (might drop the campaign due to building ships hang, as this is a pre-RP3 save). I've already fought two wars against Austria-Hungary, and a third is right around the corner judging by tension.
And I have no clue what I'm fighting for! I don't need their ships, they don't have (available) provinces, all I get for 20000 vs 600 VP score is like 200 million, which is absolutely not worth a few years of fighting.
I can't force a long-time peace deal, can't install a puppet government, can't force them into a Washington-style naval treaty, nothing. They've just become an annoyance at this point.

• Like 1

9 years into my 1890 campaign every turn I get a freeze on the 'Building New Ships' screen. I can go back to the main menu and then load the save to continue playing. Also a large war just ended between Britain against Spain and several others in an alliance. The victory points in the top left seem to represent that previous war, as on the right hand side you can see I was dealing with Russia as Japan quite well.

2022-11-01 07_51_44-Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts.png