Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.09 Feedback (Released)<<<

Nick Thomadis

Please restart Steam to receive the following urgent update.

Beta Update 4 HotFix (20/10/2022)

- Fixed major repair bug that caused ships to disappear.
- Fixed scrapping ships bug that made ships to reappear in next turns (needs testing).
- Further research speed increase (needs testing).
- Further fuel replenish speed up (needs testing). Note: Logistics Techs will become available to further increase it. Impact of Colonies/Minor Nations and conquering of next patch will finalize the feature.
- Further Battle AI aggressiveness adjustment (needs testing).

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

So Im in 1899 with Japan and cant find a way to get in a war with anyone around me as everyone has good relations with me and I dont have the money to increase my tonnage further to increase tension (there really should be other options than increase tonnage for tension and rng..).

Somehow the rng events decided that Austria wants war with me, I once send there some fleets but of course they dont get fuel so far away, even with British and Italian ports around, which both are allied with me. So Im at war with Austria for 8 years or so, without any interaction. 

So I cant really do anything beside clicking next turn and research from time to time.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

One thing I'd like to know is are there any plans to allow mine detection on Heavy Cruisers, Battle Cruisers and Battleships. If you go to any American Battleship museme even the Texas they where all outfited to carry paravanes in WW2 for the detection of mines. Is there any plans to give us this feature in the game. Sure you wouldn't use a battleship as a mine hunter normally but the option existed because they'd get in close for shore bombardment 

1 hour ago, Rucki said:

So Im in 1899 with Japan and cant find a way to get in a war with anyone around me as everyone has good relations with me and I dont have the money to increase my tonnage further to increase tension (there really should be other options than increase tonnage for tension and rng..).

Somehow the rng events decided that Austria wants war with me, I once send there some fleets but of course they dont get fuel so far away, even with British and Italian ports around, which both are allied with me. So Im at war with Austria for 8 years or so, without any interaction. 

So I cant really do anything beside clicking next turn and research from time to time.

I've been saying since 1.06 came out that until diplomacy gets full fleshed, an "I hate you" button which instantly puts you in negative relations with the country in questions is needed, both for fun and for testing purposes. How are the players supposed to test combat mechanics if they can't get any combat at all?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

- Fixed scrapping ships bug that made ships to reappear in next turns (needs testing).
- Further fuel replenish speed up (needs testing). Note: Logistics Techs will become available to further increase it. Impact of Colonies/Minor Nations and conquering of next patch will finalize the feature.

Is there any chance that we will see addition of supply ships as well. Since now sending a task force spend lot of fuel and they end on low after only couple of turns.

Also will there be enhanced speed of turns, it still need quite a lot till is calculated between turns?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rucki said:

I sympathize. Playing as United States, for some unknown reason AH decided to go to war with me around 1900. *shrug* I did nothing. Won the war eventually. Never even saw a ship. Hell if I'm going all the way to the Med to throw slugs...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Nagato said:

Is there any chance that we will see addition of supply ships as well. Since now sending a task force spend lot of fuel and they end on low after only couple of turns.

Also will there be enhanced speed of turns, it still need quite a lot till is calculated between turns?

There is a remaining bug of fuel replenishment we need to fix, as ships overconsume fuel, taking into consideration always their last path, even if they are stationary. We will deploy this fix today.

There is no need of supply wagons as we abstractly assume that support vessels follow the fleets and re-supply them. Fleets do re-supply but slower than when they are in ports, so no need to make it more complex.

We need to fix the major bug and also add the fuel replenishment dependency from Transport Capacity.

• Like 8

There is a remaining bug of fuel replenishment we need to fix, as ships overconsume fuel, taking into consideration always their last path, even if they are stationary. We will deploy this fix today.

There is no need of supply wagons as we abstractly assume that support vessels follow the fleets and re-supply them. Fleets do re-supply but slower than when they are in ports, so no need to make it more complex.

We need to fix the major bug and also add the fuel replenishment dependency from Transport Capacity.

Thanks for doing this so quickly.   Will we need to start a new campaign or will it work with existing campaigns?

4 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Nice, it seems to work so far.
I still get the game hanging at "building ships" every few turns, forcing me to kill the game and start it back up to jump to the following turn. When it doesn't hang it's faster than a few updates ago, which is nice.

There is bug also when clicking end turn, a calculation. It is slow as hell. Once it came to building new ships, ist stops or slows, but at segment of update missions it does the same. It is understandable that there is more calculations when there is 10 nations, 9 AI and 1 player, but it is very long wait. It need to be faster. Myself and probably everyone else who have this problem do not want to wait 5min or more between turns. It ruins the game.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nagato said:

There is bug also when clicking end turn, a calculation. It is slow as hell. Once it came to building new ships, ist stops or slows, but at segment of update missions it does the same. It is understandable that there is more calculations when there is 10 nations, 9 AI and 1 player, but it is very long wait. It need to be faster. Myself and probably everyone else who have this problem do not want to wait 5min or more between turns. It ruins the game.

Going to go out on a limb here and say that this is likely Processor + other programs being run on your personal computer impacted.  Yes there is a long wait time but with the exception of computer hangs I have never waited more than 2-2.5 minutes per turn even with a world war going on.

Bug Found: Update Mission part of turn cycle causing 1-2 minute delays; appears to be doubling encounters. (See Screenshot)

As stated above my turn cycle is taking several minutes. The "Building Ships" cycle sometimes takes a bit but seems improved However, the "Updating Missions" now takes several minutes. I also notice that it is doubling every encounter. See below.

image.png.ec13ef9026ea737f2a72c83af5a8bf49.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Iuvenalis said:

Bug Found: Update Mission part of turn cycle causing 1-2 minute delays; appears to be doubling encounters. (See Screenshot)

As stated above my turn cycle is taking several minutes. The "Building Ships" cycle sometimes takes a bit but seems improved However, the "Updating Missions" now takes several minutes. I also notice that it is doubling every encounter. See below.

image.png.ec13ef9026ea737f2a72c83af5a8bf49.png

my guess is that both countries show "their" encounter.

hence you get it twice.

6 minutes ago, SiWi said:

my guess is that both countries show "their" encounter.

hence you get it twice.

Could be but it doesn't seem so. It seems to cycle through the countries. So when "X encounters Y" it shows that battle twice, but later different battles "Y encounters X" and "Y encounters Z" are also showed twice.

29 minutes ago, Robert Steel said:

Wow... Austro-Hungarian Empire really knows something. I play as Japan, we are at war, and despite they are on the other side of the world, and they have all their ships in their ports, they still manage to blockade me...

Ha, welcome to the club. Austria is a bully in this Patch :D I managed to blockade them, although I had not a single ship in europe with Japan. After about 10 years the war ended for no particular reason.

4 hours ago, SiWi said:

my britan campaign right now is stuck because every time I fight a certain battle agianst china (big battle, 9 v35) the game keeps being stuck in loading "battles".

I've had the same with a similarly sized Battle(UK vs Austria in my case). The battle ends, the results screen is viewable but then the game hangs on the next loading screen 

Game keeps telling me that war is not going well, and that i should give up........

I play as Spanish 🙂 

I was complaining, that European countries are not sending ships to Asia....

Now i Have 3 Austrio Hungarian fleets around Manilla 🙂  

NOTWELL.JPG

• Like 1

3 things from long time (like 3+ months) I demand.

1. Better spot torps by player. Some big yellow GUI to show torps.

2. Disable divisions, each update make them more and more annoying. On the beginning pathfinder and position was awkward. Now we have few issue:

a) big problems with pathfinder

b) the speed of divisions can be 1/5 of original speed. 

c) Controlling divisions by adding or removing ship is pain.

d) ships have problem with the speed control simply the last ship can be faster than the first one and because of that can sail in any direction, one big mess or we have 5-6 ships in one place literally and this is equal to sunk all ships. 

c) AI have big problem to understand it how it works, result the AI can stay in one place.

3. Disable "feature" modify the length of barrel. Right now only one thing you need to do make long barrels disable the divisions give the AI your ships under control and every fight is winning for you. Spot the AI with long 12.9" = lost campaign. Sorry, but if long barrels guns have like 500% more accuracy the enemy must have 5+ ships vs your ship. But TB and DD with long barrels guns are too strong for AI. Even if they sunk one of the ship, you can make more. The DD of player is equal to BB of AI. 

I know it is a beta, but WHEN THIS WILL BE IMPROVED?! 

This is stupid I have better fun with version before 1.6 than the newest one... I played little from Friday and after testing few things I simply stop playing because of the old elements of the game. New update is good. I like 1.09, but the core of the game after 1.04 is trash. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Plazma said:

1. Better spot torps by player. Some big yellow GUI to show torps.

Not commenting on the tone or other points, but I do agree torpedoes need to be more visible on screen. I can't tell you how many times I see the warning triangle only to not be able to find them by the time I turn the camera.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Iuvenalis said:

Not commenting on the tone or other points, but I do agree torpedoes need to be more visible on screen. I can't tell you how many times I see the warning triangle only to not be able to find them by the time I turn the camera.

I would be in favor of a Minimap and that torp and they expected routes are or can be shown upon.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rucki said:

I had same problem playing China, 10 years of clicking next turn, it shoul be any other way to start war with country that player chosed, not only from events.

• Like 1