Game-Labs Forum

>>> v1.06-1.08+ Feedback<<<(17/8/2022)

I think the AI still not scrapping many of its old ships. Start at 1890 and by 1920 I still met 1890s TB.

Long next turn wait time. It seems stuck at Update Missions which is understandable during wartime, but its also during peace time when no one is at war. Sometimes the windows blue loading icon on the pointer shows up. It is solveable by restarting the game but in 5-6 months it happens all over again and in 40+ year campaign it's tedious. Memory, CPU and GPU are fine so idk what happened.

Hello guys, just questions since i don't know if there is any kind of statistics. i can't replay campaing multiple times to have significant data about this, takes long time. When you start from 1890, how balanced the game is for you? I had research, crew training and trading ship build sider all the way to the maximum whole time, and was building the dockyard whenever it was possible. 

I had way too much money. i couldn't spend it. around 1910, i had 10.000.000.000, with +50.000.000/month. at the beginning years every time the game offered me the option, i chose the +GDP ones. i always had between 70-100 ships ready to go. And yes i was builind as expensive ships as possible since i can afford it. 

Research is way too slow i think. I mean comapred to when i start a campign from the 1910s. In My 1890 campign i got semi oli fired boilers in 1917, isn't that slow a little? Other projects were behind as well, like i didn't even reach the better CA where the whole hull is flat the first time ( I don't know what it's called, it looks like a little dreadhnaugh, you know what i'm talking about) , and turret mechaism research was slow as well too. 

As i sad, my research buget was maximum the whole time, and i was very rarely using the priority option, since overall i know it just holds back all other research in the long run. 

Unfortunatly i gave up that camiagn around 1918, becouse i was very curious what a game looks like starting from 1910. that's why i got suspicious and i'm writing this, since I got more research done in that secound game which is odd for me.

Shouldn't be the "avarage" research speed is when the research budget slider is in the middle? And when i move it to the maximum, get advantage over the AI, at the sacrifice of crew or trading ship building?

I'm going to restart the campaing again from 1890 to see what happens this time.  

• Like 3

w8 for next patch, diplomacy doesn't work, AI don't build ships, too much money, too much ships in one battle too often, 12/8/4/2" guns are little too strong, long barrel are too strong, accuracy is one big mess, sometimes my TB have 0% accuracy on the range 0.0km (yes, fixing bayonet it will be much better than firing the guns) and sometimes I have 10% on range 5km when the BB is blind... AI have still problem in building ships especially late, on 1890 is acceptable. 

Maybe I will download 1.05 game from piratebay or something to play it, because now is too boring... 

16 hours ago, kjg000 said:

Many, almost daily updates definitely have a positive side and do show that the devs are listening, but it does make it hard to give worthwhile feedback when you can't get half way through a campaign or only a handful of custom battles before the next update. 

I also get the impression the studio has become reactionary rather than visionary and proactive. 

The Devs are obviously working hard and are making a lot of progress, but there is also a palatable air of rushing into problems and patches rather than going for well implemented solutions. 

Have you read many of the posts in here if they were well implemented the players would be throwing a huge fit because it takes too long and complain even more.

2 hours ago, Kiknurazz91 said:

Someone explain this to me I sunk every one of their ships with minimal losses to mine and yet more VP for them almost double in one. HTF is that?!1721089690_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.018d5a8ee5ce0be58f7d0aa08d2160de.png

Screenshot (3).png

I would assume you had overall a smaller fleet (total number of ships per nation) and your ships were of a higher spec/cost. Therefor your ships have a higher VP value than theirs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Plazma said:

w8 for next patch, diplomacy doesn't work, AI don't build ships, too much money, too much ships in one battle too often, 12/8/4/2" guns are little too strong, long barrel are too strong, accuracy is one big mess, sometimes my TB have 0% accuracy on the range 0.0km (yes, fixing bayonet it will be much better than firing the guns) and sometimes I have 10% on range 5km when the BB is blind... AI have still problem in building ships especially late, on 1890 is acceptable. 

Maybe I will download 1.05 game from piratebay or something to play it, because now is too boring... 

The thing with the TB accuracy, I found, it usually down to the weather, which is actually accurate. The problem is that the player can't really tell the weather conditions other than looking at the small weather indicator as the 3D environment is always the same. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PainKiller said:

Hello guys, just questions since i don't know if there is any kind of statistics. i can't replay campaing multiple times to have significant data about this, takes long time. When you start from 1890, how balanced the game is for you?  

Started 1890 1900 and 1910 and I agree with you, got wayy to much cash (I picked GDP, just like you). I got up to around 25 billion (yes) around 1915 starting from 1890 still with profit around 12 to 13 million.

I also agree with research, research is too slow if you play the earliest start date (even with max budget).

By 1914 (not prioritize any tech) I just got my Dreadnought I. Interestingly if I microing the tech with priority I can get Dreadnought I by late 1900s but in the other hand, my other ship classes get neglected. I think there should be some long term tech bonus, meaning the longer you have a max tech funding the faster it gets to research.

Ooh, and AI Doomstack... it gets boring to click and wait for your BB to destroy 100+ ships in a single battle

• Like 2

On 7/9/2022 at 9:42 PM, itolan1752 said:

I forget something to report.

I notice that "7~9 inch gun seldom fire" problem is not only happened on Cruiser's main gun.

If your BB has 7 and 8 inch sec guns with many others small gun (2~5 inch), they are seldom fire too.

Too many guns fire at once will interfere 7~9 inch gun fire, no matter it is main gun or sec gun.

So if your Baltimore want to fire main gun, maybe turn off the sec gun. main gun should fire at well.

well..., I was thought it just happened on 7~9 inch gun

but now I found even 6 inch gun was happened.(which mean CA need over 10 inch main gun or suffer from this Bug)

maybe developer can make a mechanism that once main gun finish reload, all sec gun temporary stop fire, until main gun fire?

Edited by itolan1752

6 minutes ago, Zuikaku said:

I do not think research is too slow.

image.jpeg.3d1ce2fc7e55d14447a6b6f262500fae.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3e988147b721f6eba86f6be1c8a043c1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.61f4d8168306146bd837a6f2e271fc48.jpeg

No. Researching cruiser tech, internal protection and boilers in 1890 campaign is too slow and you are always behind those "dates". You have to "focus" them in order to be up to date. 100% research funding by the way.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Skeksis said:

I agree. If you overuse research focus it will slow every other down, use all 3 and unfocused tech can fall quite far behind.

disagree went to 1950 with research focus on main guns, i had Mk V for 9-15, but only MK IV for 16-20, that was full focus from 1890, if it was unfocused if i had to guess id maybe have MK III guns of maybe 14in

Edited by Candle_86
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Skeksis said:

I agree. If you overuse research focus it will slow every other down, use all 3 and unfocused tech can fall quite far behind.

Maybe you are right.

But we still need a explain that why I can't get "economizer" and "dumaresq device" before 1900 without priority ANY tech.

If it is not because speed. it should be something else.

• Like 2

So I just had a battle against Germany where the AI fielded...WAY too many ships.
image.png.f382e825df61b3b45c49eabc1a88c875.png
(it was this one)

Suffice to say, the game slowed down to a crawl and any battle speed that went faster than normal speed resulted in a slideshow.

Maybe there should be a limit to the battle size?

Also, please PLEASE give use the option to arrange our taskforces before battle. When battles become a bit bigger it becomes utter chaos with the AI trying to re-arrange the taskforce (as they never start in the positions I want them)

The only casualties of that battle (pressed "End Battle" as soon as possible) were ships that crashed into other ships trying to re-organize the fleet.

• Like 7

How the heck does the AI have so much cash?

1930 hard mode. Started up went into battle was astounded at how many ships the AI has. 

I have 3 billion starting wealth. 
German alone has 6xBB (£120m each) 4xBC(£100m), 56xCA!!!!!!(£50m), 82xCL(£30m), 40xDD(£15m)

Admittedly they do seem to be going bankrupt but its just getting silly. That's a pretty huge advantage!!!

Also sometimes seems well off with the accuracy/damage model. My 18" SH shells were getting partial pens
hitting their deck which had about half the armour theirs did. Their 14.5" heavy shells were however happily penetrating my much thicker deck for about 3x the damage per shell mine were doing. I guessing it much be due to the impact angle but I think its too heavily normalised currently, even at more extreme angles the shell starts to dig when it contacts.

On the flip side, I liked the torps been more random and less reliable now, sighed happily a few times when a torp hit one of my ships and it turned out to be a dud. 
However we still DESPERATELY need highlights on spotted torpedoes. 
Also need to find a way to reduce torpedo spam as well as its still basically the go to tactic vs enemy fleets. 

• Like 3

As far as research goes, using those 3 tech focuses just shouldn't negativly effect the speed of everything else. Based on current normal speed with nothing focused, and how fast you can get things researched when focused, I think that would be at least more balanced. Don't think it can be balanced as is.

Okay, this isn't even open for debate anymore, Spotting NEEDS a rework.
As well as DD's, and HE shells, but mainly spotting. 
I'm trying out the new DD spam META, and holy f*** thank god we don't have multiplayer yet, it would be the most toxic PvP on the market right now.
bocFDGY.png
1940's PLAN BB can't spot 2 4,000 ton DD's LESS THAN 7 KM AWAY, FIRING CONTINUEUSLY. 
This isn't even a fair fight. If the enemy can't see you, they can't shoot you, and with out shooting you, they can't win. Even despite the close range, and good weather conditions, the Chinese crew can't see jack, because both towers have been destroyed. They were knocked out quite some time ago, and because of this, the Chinese have been sailing into an unending rain of 149.9mm HE without the ability to reply. They don't even know what direction to go in, as both RDF and Radar systems have been disabled with the destruction of both towers. They are, for all intents and purposes, dead men walking. The only reason their ship is still afloat is because I expended all the torps as the range closed to disrupt the BB's course.
This wouldn't be an issue with a simplified spotting system. In my opinion, the way it should work is that if you fire your guns within 25km of the enemy, you get spotted. The only way to mitigate this would to be in a smoke screen, but you should still get spotted if you're within 10km. This simplified system would still be realistic, as light forces would still be able to sneak up on critical targets by holding fire and laying smoke, and would be able to withdraw using the same method. It would also eliminate the main issue with spotting in the game, the ability for light forces to fire on the enemy from close range with no fear of retaliation.

We'll still need to address the new DD META, and the effectiveness of HE spam, but that's a topic for another time. As of right now, Battleships, Battlecruisers, Large Cruisers, and Heavy Cruisers are just a waste of time if they can't effectively counter light forces.

• Thanks 1

Since updating to 1.06, I cannot delete my old ships designs. I was able to on the previous build. Even when I delete every ship I own, the delete button is greyed out. AI seems to be deleting as per the latest update though. 

I experienced a bug, where the AI refused to build new ships. In the beginning, they popped out new ships quiet regulary but at some point the AI seems to resignate and doesn't build any further ships anymore wich results in both enemys (france and GB) don't have ships anymore. So instead of playing a nice gameplay from 1890 to 1950 it just ended inofficially in the 1910s because both enemys don't have ships anymore.

58 minutes ago, Pizzafighter said:

I experienced a bug, where the AI refused to build new ships. In the beginning, they popped out new ships quiet regulary but at some point the AI seems to resignate and doesn't build any further ships anymore wich results in both enemys (france and GB) don't have ships anymore. So instead of playing a nice gameplay from 1890 to 1950 it just ended inofficially in the 1910s because both enemys don't have ships anymore.

Did you check if they ran out of crew? that has been documented to happen

I'm going to now repeat this daily until its fixed. No more 3x speed just because torpedo boats and cruisers decide they must zoom in at point blank range like idiots, 5x speed needs to remain as a minimum, also you need to fix the AI so they don't close to point blank range all the god damn time, its beyond infuriating watching the AI instead of forming up a line of battle that they just close to point blank range randomly. The AI was actually smarter in the past. And yes I'll make this a daily feedback, because its so damn easy to turn off disabling 5x speed, and its 100% arbitrary that you do it, when you havn't provided an actual reason to do it.

Edited by Candle_86
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Candle_86 said:

I'm going to now repeat this daily until its fixed. No more 3x speed just because torpedo boats and cruisers decide they must zoom in at point blank range like idiots, 5x speed needs to remain as a minimum, also you need to fix the AI so they don't close to point blank range all the god damn time, its beyond infuriating watching the AI instead of forming up a line of battle that they just close to point blank range randomly. The AI was actually smarter in the past. And yes I'll make this a daily feedback, because its so damn easy to turn off disabling 5x speed, and its 100% arbitrary that you do it, when you havn't provided an actual reason to do it.

I'll take this a step farther: Don't disable ANY of the time multipliers. Ever. If I want to run at 30x speed while I'm trying to get my battle of Jutland (x2 scale) going, I should be able to.