Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.06 Feedback<<< (FINAL UPDATE 6th Release Candidate)

4 minutes ago, Candle_86 said:

I will add the dud torpedo mechanic is nice, it's a real shame that the AI's dud rate seems to not exist, but mine bounce off of them. Also the way war happens is just rediculous. It's managed to make the game less fun. 

Indeed. If Austro-Hungary enter war, Germany automatically enter war with Brits, its riddiculus how this new system works. I aplaude for longer campaign but it has so many problems. Especially ship designer. WHAT The heck is going on with ship designer. Whatever i put on the bloody hull it have high pitch roll ???

Less of a feedback and more a question: Do different torpedoes do different damage when detonating on deck? Because if not, they really should. One of the reasons why the British rejected pure oxygen fueled torpedoes despite successful tests was how volatile they were.

And logically an electric torpedo would probably cause less damage when exploding on deck, since there's no volatile fuel in it, "only" the warhead.

The same is probably also the case for the likelyhood of them exploding in the first place.

Edited by Norbert Sattler
  • Like 1

Some issues I have noticed regarding the designer:

- Some historical calibers can't still be represented due to how the system works, like 150 mm german guns. Neither the 127mm can be made fit (it stop at 149,9 mm, nor the 152 mm ones can be reduced.

- Light cruiser I doesn't allow to mount any casemate gun on the front casemate mounts. Not even with the hull empty, so no part conflict.

- Still no main calliber casemate guns for cruisers.

- When you reduce the 51mm guns, the reduction is only nominal. Neither the performance nor th weight is affected. Is that intentional or it is a bug?

Little tip to anyone wishing to re-create historical metric gun calibres: Click into the field and then type in the number. If you use the +/- buttons, it will likely not get you to the precise value. For example trying to increase the 18" guns with the buttons will only get you to 458.5 or 461.1 mm. But by just typing in a 3, you will get the historical 460 mm.

I started a 1930 campaign.  I am getting alot of crashes.  Designed 2 ships, exited designer.  Went back in and it crashed.  Played a turn, went back into designer, it worked.  Played another few turns and the game crashed again.

• Like 1

Austria 1890s start. Germany is at war with UK and France.

I got the event of the Germans asking me for an alliance in exchange of giving them money. I declined, which should have given me -50 reputation with Germany, -3 Unrest and 5 naval prestige and most improtantly NOT be Germany's ally.

I did get the reduction to unrest and naval prestige, but I still became Germany's ally and am now at war with the UK and France and instead of going down, my relationship with Germany shot up to 100.

Update: Despite the French already attacking one of my ships and the war-window on the left showing my flag alongside Germany's I was apparently not at war, because now I got an event where the British are making me an ultimatum to either pay money or they will declare war...

If we aren't at war, why are they attacking my ships right outside my own ports?
Now I am officially at war with the UK (the right window now shows the VP counter), but not the French and yet I only ever fight the French because the UK has no forces on Malta, Cyprus and Gibraltar.

Update2: After I sunk a couple of French ships in self-defense, they demanded I compensate them or they'll declare war. Now I am at war with the French and the VP bug strikes again. After sinking a big French fleet they got my VP.

• Like 1

I've specifically built a ship with turrets on a sector border and I don't see the magazine detonations everyone lametns even after putting the ship trough extensive damage in the "bordering" sectors

i.e. first turret here:

image.thumb.jpeg.37ffd3d5814652e83d0ee083588afab5.jpeg

this is a later test where the citadel/outer belt have some armor as to reduce overpens:

image.thumb.jpeg.520735befdd9f581059d6c6063286a05.jpeg

I think there must be other factors at play, i.e. citadel damage reduction isn't just a sum of armor but is applied to damage post penetration, and if it still passes a certain threshold, you still get internals crits.

• Like 1

Getting crashes almost every turn after getting it to work finally.
Also, some parts that fittet before, do no longer fit. I am no longer able to mount 38cm turrets on german modern battlecruiser hulls, very dissapointing. Also, it is still not really possible to mount meaningful funnels on a german large ship (BB or BC), resulting in very low engine efficiencies.

10 hours ago, Traslo said:

A quick instant pickup is that turrets get smaller when you make their diameter bigger. For example, if you add 0.5" diameter to an 8" gun, the gun actually gets smaller in terms of the space it takes up on the ship. Seems to be doing the opposite of what it should.

This cannot reproduced generally. Can you remember which gun was it? Nation, Year, Mark, would help.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Norbert Sattler said:

The scaling of gun-weight seems to be a bit off.

In a campaign game as Austria-Hungary 1890 start my 200 mm (upscaled from 178 mm) guns weight more than the default 203 mm.

The gun models now are measured. If the gun model is bigger or has a thick still turret construction, it can weight more, can receive more armor etc.. Please show a picture, if possible, to check the case.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, o Barão said:

The shell dispersion seems to be much better. It feels realistic and natural. Many thanks. This was a terrible game immersion downside, in the previous beta.

Yes, it was very annoying, for me personally too :)

2- About the new citadel mechanic. I see this as a great solution to help the AI in designing the ships. In the previous versions, it was very easy to get flash fires by the simple fact the AI didn't know to place the main battery guns inside the citadel box. Now doesn't matter where the AI place the main battery guns, the citadel box will follow their placement. An improvement.

There are still some issues to be resolved about citadel in the next week, but overall, yes it was something needed not only for realism purposes but also for automating a normal ship design procedure, as in reality the guns would never be mounted somewhere unprotected, and the AI did not know how to do this before.

3- In this image, I am using main battery guns with minus -20% barrel length. But the reload time in the stats is telling me I have +92% in the reload time. The time (26.2 seconds, is correct). So I have an improvement in the reload time, but I also have a penalty in the reload time?

There are a lot of extra modifiers inherited by the gun model itself. Currently the UI does not show all the bonuses. You need to mount all guns on ship to compare them accurately and not compare a gun on deck and others on the UI. About your exact question, if the gun model has a large gun caliber length, then this reduces the reload time (As well as so many other reload factors in the game).

4- This was supposed to be a great addition. Well, it is for the light cruisers and DDs I guess. Sadly, this is atm only another way to design OP ships in comparison to the AI. Where the AI feels the need to spend precious weight and cost to have barbette armor for protection. I simply ignore all related to barbettes in game when designing a dreadnought or heavy cruiser and focus in having a citadel impossible to be penetrated. If the citadel can't be penetrated, the barbettes will never going to be used. Some changes are needed in the armor scheme, to force the player in using barbettes imo.

That is not true. Barbettes protect from direct turret hits greatly. Player may anticipate detonations because of the lack of barbettes in their ship very often. There are some issues with barbettes and detonations currently which may not make them function too consistently, but we will fix this.

5- I got a torpedo detonation in the AI ship. What makes this situation strange was the fact the only torpedoes in this ship are in the middle and underwater. I was shooting only HE and i didn't have enough pen with HE to defeat the citadel box. Difficult to see how this is possible. Maybe is related to the fires inside the citadel box?

Torpedoes are underwater, and these small holes can be hit by a shell, now, citadel protection is not covering them, at the moment. We will check to see if this can be improved.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Less of a feedback and more a question: Do different torpedoes do different damage when detonating on deck? Because if not, they really should. One of the reasons why the British rejected pure oxygen fueled torpedoes despite successful tests was how volatile they were.

And logically an electric torpedo would probably cause less damage when exploding on deck, since there's no volatile fuel in it, "only" the warhead.

The same is probably also the case for the likelyhood of them exploding in the first place.

The torpedo detonation chance differs The damage may not differ much, but we will improve this.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AdmiralObvious said:

unknown.png

23 inch torpedoes have two seperate instances of dud chance making them artificially higher than 24 inch.

Thanks for the report, will fix.

4 hours ago, mk4m said:

No gun caliber downsize ?

2 inch guns can become downsized to 1.1 inches

4 hours ago, Vagrant said:

It's absolutely impossible to balance some ships now. It seems like the pitch and roll modifiers are waaaay too high.

unknown.png

Pitch/Roll mechanics are now balanced to reflect the behavior of a ship according to its mass and hull form, so at sea it has proper motion against the waves. You cannot expect anymore to abuse mechanics and make small ships to have minimal pitch/roll. Small pitch/roll can be really achieved on very large displacements. Oversized guns on small ships have their realistic cost on pitch/roll.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

The gun models now are measured. If the gun model is bigger or has a thick still turret construction, it can weight more, can receive more armor etc.. Please show a picture, if possible, to check the case.

Gun_weight_scaling.thumb.jpg.d39aa8201f19da2ba79a123996e2d330.jpg

This was taken in custom battle on a CA with 1891 date as Austria-Hungary (though it was roughly the same in the campaign).

On the front (the green one) is the unchanged 203 mm with the stats showing on the right and in the back the 178 -> 200 mm turret with the stats pasted to the left of the pic.

Regarding the campaign, yes, we know a lot of those issues you report. We needed to release though, so you have it and play it. We will improve everything on the campaign, on the coming week.

Regarding the citadel, sometimes it does not enclose fully the guns, if the guns are very much on the edges or at a hull section which has a cutdown rear deck. This can create some weak points that need to be observed before saving the design. We will fix though.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Gun_weight_scaling.thumb.jpg.d39aa8201f19da2ba79a123996e2d330.jpg

On the front (the green one) is the unchanged 203 mm and in the back the 178 -> 200 mm turret. This screenshot was taken in custom battle on a CA with 1891 date as Austria-Hungary.

Do you compare the gun stats both on deck? There is a known issue that the UI does not fully update all the stats, so it can create misconception. All guns need to be mounted on deck to be compared properly, at the moment.

Please add the gun on deck, take picture then edit the caliber etc and you can take pic again. Not for me, but for your own check to see that it works or not well.

1 minute ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Do you compare the gun stats both on deck? There is a known issue that the UI does not fully update all the stats, so it can create misconception. All guns need to be mounted on deck to be compared properly, at the moment.

Yes I put both guns down and moused-over them on the deck after placing them.

29 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Found the bug! Problem isn't the gun weights, it's the ammo weights. 

20220528061717_1.jpg

20220528061724_1.jpg