Game-Labs Forum

>>>Patch 1.01/1.02 Feedback<<<

Nick Thomadis

I played another campaign and this time enemy is not atempting to escape so often in fact in 5 battles they atempted to run only 1 time!

For some reasong germans gain VP each turn i am not sure why i have lost no transport atleast acording to pop up, i think there is a bug in which AI is sinking my transport but also is not??...

In fact there is something over all strange gooing on with my cash... I am unable to operate 15 BBs and 15 TBs with full money sent to transport and no money in other places, even tho i have not lost single battle and transport.

EDIT: I was forced to end campaign there, money was wildly flowing out of my treasuary, RNG battle generator gave me constantly one battle per 6 months and amount of money was decreasing constantly.

I think for some reason Campaign thought that Germany sunk my transports even tho it did not. That is literaly only think that made sense for me. Why else would AI be geting 500 vp each turn for doing nothing and i sudenly find myself with cuting costs to all, even tho i am operating fleet of 14BB and 14 TBs

One nice thing i have to say is that in this campaign (i started with 20 ships Germany with 54 or something like that, it was not 60 but close to it with over all balanced fleet) RNG battle generator made very nice battles in fact they were what one would call a task force battles. I often found fleets of Krigsmarine having 1-2BB 1-2CA 1-2CL 0-3TBs which made for nice battle.

Edited by Grayknight

5 hours ago, Grayknight said:

snip

Its more likely that you did not have enough ships for your power projection compared to Germany and got blockaded. Whether fully or partially I dont know. That would explain your money issue and your lagging behind of VP

58 minutes ago, Sturmalex said:

Its more likely that you did not have enough ships for your power projection compared to Germany and got blockaded. Whether fully or partially I dont know. That would explain your money issue and your lagging behind of VP

Oh no, i was the one blocking Germany. 

Hi everyone,

I am loving the game so far. Especially the custom battle creator. I already sunk hour after hour into the game.

As for the campaign - and yes, I understand that the campaign is an early version:

- really needs the ability for the player to define his fleets/ task force compositions for battles - if I want to attack with 4 BB and 16 DD, please let me do this

- non combat missions as such, like using light cruiser groups for shadowing while bringing the big buckets to the enemy

- if possible, stop random movements of ships, each turn my ships are all over the place

- not sure if this is in yet, but for larger battles a 2d planning interface could be handy for pre-defined waypoint settings for the divisions

I used to play the old Great Naval Battles series a lot in the 90s. Loved the way the campaigns would run there, especially in GNB 2 Guadal Canal.

Cheers,

Dag

I know that we're getting pretty late into the patch cycle, but something that REALLY needs to be addressed is the AI's armor preferences. For example,
V6O3Hbx.pngSending 1,300 men into combat on a vessel with no hull armor at all. Needless to say, the results of such a folly were as you would expect. Also, many of the AI's capital ships have a hilarious amount of superstructure armor, which as far as I'm aware should be a pretty low priority, but the AI deems ~100mm of armor for the superstructure to be acceptable. I can only imagine the weight and stability issues that design decision would cause. Kinda goes without saying, but the AI should prioritize main belt, main deck, and primary battery turret armor. As it stands the BB's/BC's with 100mm of superstructure armor usually have over 100mm in all other categories, but only ~330mm of main belt armor and ~140 main deck.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SodaBit said:

I know that we're getting pretty late into the patch cycle, but something that REALLY needs to be addressed is the AI's armor preferences. For example,
V6O3Hbx.pngSending 1,300 men into combat on a vessel with no hull armor at all. Needless to say, the results of such a folly were as you would expect. Also, many of the AI's capital ships have a hilarious amount of superstructure armor, which as far as I'm aware should be a pretty low priority, but the AI deems ~100mm of armor for the superstructure to be acceptable. I can only imagine the weight and stability issues that design decision would cause. Kinda goes without saying, but the AI should prioritize main belt, main deck, and primary battery turret armor. As it stands the BB's/BC's with 100mm of superstructure armor usually have over 100mm in all other categories, but only ~330mm of main belt armor and ~140 main deck.

They definitely seem to prioritize guns over armor, glass cannons. It's hilarious because that's just that many more magazines to go up in smoke from a random 2" shell :)

I agree that spotting, gunnery, ballistics and particularly ship systems need very serious work. 

There's been a lot of progress, and I think development has trended in an overwhelmingly positive direction, especially since the Devs are far more engaged with the community. Still, now that the bare bones of the campaign are there, these unglamorous underlying systems could probably use a dedicated update or two IMO. I know it's a lot of work, so maybe that's a project to work on over the quarter or year, but I think it would go a long way. 

• Like 9

13 hours ago, DougToss said:

I agree that spotting, gunnery, ballistics and particularly ship systems need very serious work. 

There's been a lot of progress, and I think development has trended in an overwhelmingly positive direction, especially since the Devs are far more engaged with the community. Still, now that the bare bones of the campaign are there, these unglamorous underlying systems could probably use a dedicated update or two IMO. I know it's a lot of work, so maybe that's a project to work on over the quarter or year, but I think it would go a long way. 

Once thats done, they should focus on visuals and sounds as well, then AI and other systems and rotate if they can.

• Like 4

On 1/12/2022 at 2:21 PM, Karlchen said:

Visuals are fine. There are more important things

On 1/14/2022 at 4:45 AM, Karlchen said:

Visuals are definitely important to see which daytime it is. There must be improvements. 

Really the background visuals should be a top priority. I'm hoping they can squeak some into this next patch, or if not then a full haul for 1.04. Until we have proper background visuals, we can't have real weather effects like rain and volumetric fog. That alone is worth it, but they have stated they won't touch the current spotting system until they do this visual stuff first, so it's even more important.

Edited by Littorio