Game-Labs Forum

Plans for Reputation and Sailing changes

admin

2 hours ago, Nixolai said:

SHOCK upgraded Santo Domingo, its like 3 portbattles away from a swedish port...

Swedish upgraded Saint John's, thats like 3 portbattles away from aves...

Both nations are superpowers of the server so their ports are quite safe from enemy attacks

2 hours ago, Nixolai said:

GB 6.1k ships(with KPR)

Russia 6.4k ships

So same numbers... Some might say that its alts crafting for lvl in KPR, but everyone in Russia do the same with our alts, even a chinese alt i saw was crafting without bonus in VC...

And yet much more heavy warships with bonuses are crafted in NO and VC, than in all British ports ( 832 to 286) - most crafted ships in game are Traders for which Port bonuses are not that significant as for PB ships for example.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 12:37 PM, admin said:

Chance of wind shadow just increased by 30% from 3%.

Please help me, i couldnt find the answer jet. What does "chance" mean here? 

Is it actually random? 

Will the wind shadow be predictable?

I think it means that wind shadow will be increased to 30%. I don't think it means: In 30% of the cases where wind shadow should occur, you might get wind shadow. Am I correct about this?

I really like the idea of Wind shadow. I am not sure jet, how it will affect the game, but it has great potential im sure. But whatever happens, it needs to be predictable.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Malcolm3 said:

And yet much more heavy warships with bonuses are crafted in NO and VC, than in all British ports ( 832 to 286) - most crafted ships in game are Traders for which Port bonuses are not that significant as for PB ships for example.

But those numbers also count DLC redeemed ships i think, and as we know the game price + DLC's are cheaper in Russia than the western world. It could still mean that we still craft more 1st - 3rd rates, but also the redoutable DLC' for example, that i redeem every day in VC just to break it up...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Malcolm3 said:

Both nations are superpowers of the server so their ports are quite safe from enemy attacks

With the upcoming teleport to portbattles the "superpower" status of Sweden and Russia has much less impact on the ability to defend ports. Also small nations will be able to attack superpower ports successfully, as long as they win the PB. Even superpowers are not able to react so quickly that they can deny a 25 player fleet access to the hostility mission, which is announced max. only 30 minutes in advance. In battle only player skills count. Russian and Swedish ports are as vulnerable as any other port of any other nation, as long as this nation or the clan owning the port has better players to defend or attack successfully.

Doesn't matter how many and what kind of ships are crafted in the super ports. Statistic shows clearly that they are all crafted with port bonuses. That means crafters are on friendlist and have contributed for the upgrade. Implementing a new tax on ship building would charge those players a second time.

10 minutes ago, Nixolai said:

But those numbers also count DLC redeemed ships i think, and as we know the game price + DLC's are cheaper in Russia than the western world. It could still mean that we still craft more 1st - 3rd rates, but also the redoutable DLC' for example, that i redeem every day in VC just to break it up...

You are wrong here.
Just read the numbers and words in @qw569😳 tables - DLCs are created ships, not crafted ones.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GhostOfDorian said:

With the upcoming teleport to portbattles the "superpower" status of Sweden and Russia has much less impact on the ability to defend ports. Also small nations will be able to attack superpower ports successfully, as long as they win the PB. Even superpowers are not able to react so quickly that they can deny a 25 player fleet access to the hostility mission, which is announced max. only 30 minutes in advance. In battle only player skills count. Russian and Swedish ports are as vulnerable as any other port of any other nation, as long as this nation or the clan owning the port has better players to defend or attack successfully.

They are superpowers not only because of their numbers, but because of amount of skilled players with top modded ships available. So theoretically you may be right, but practically it's quite less possible - imagine Brits trying to take St-John even with teleport to PB

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Malcolm3 said:

They are superpowers not only because of their numbers, but because of amount of skilled players with top modded ships available. So theoretically you may be right, but practically it's quite less possible - imagine Brits trying to take St-John even with teleport to PB

I know. But that means those players who are willing to invest a lot of time to farm chests, who have good fighting skills, can command PBs will be punished for their good game play, since they have to share the fruits of their work with every random player, who just doesn't care how those ports got upgraded. The more laizy and bad you are the more you benefit from the game mechanic. 

Is there any successful game in the market, where the biggest loser gets the victory?

Fact is, not numbers of your nation but only your personnel skills and those of your team counts, if you have access to the best ships or not. That's how a good game should work.

Edited by GhostOfDorian

1 hour ago, Puchu said:

Please help me, i couldnt find the answer jet. What does "chance" mean here? 

Is it actually random? 

Will the wind shadow be predictable?

I think it means that wind shadow will be increased to 30%. I don't think it means: In 30% of the cases where wind shadow should occur, you might get wind shadow. Am I correct about this?

I really like the idea of Wind shadow. I am not sure jet, how it will affect the game, but it has great potential im sure. But whatever happens, it needs to be predictable.

The chance of wind shadow implementation (coding). 

13 minutes ago, GhostOfDorian said:

I know. But that means those players who are willing to invest a lot of time to farm chests, who have good fighting skills, can command PBs will be punished for their good game play, since they have to share the fruits of their work with every random player, who just doesn't care how those ports got upgraded. The more laizy and bad you are the more you benefit from the game mechanic. 

Is there any successful game in the market, where the biggest loser gets the victory?

Fact is, not numbers of your nation but only your personnel skills and those of your team counts, if you have access to the best ships or not. That's how a good game should work.

I do not see how you come to the conclusion that the biggest loser gets the victory. As you say the more organised and skilled players may farm the chests and upgrade the ports but so what if the lazy player can craft ships with bonuses based on other peoples efforts, crafting these ships is not a win, you still have to fight in them and the lazy and bad players will still not win no matter what ships they are in, so why the reluctance to let them have these ships.

There are many games out there where things can be upgraded and once upgraded are a benefit to all and that does not stop people putting in the effort to do the upgrades. Yes, I agree they should get some compensation for their effort, but people just seem to want to restrict access to these upgrades so they can always have the superior ship. The gulf between haves and have nots in this game is growing and it is just chasing people away.

1 hour ago, Archaos said:

I do not see how you come to the conclusion that the biggest loser gets the victory. As you say the more organised and skilled players may farm the chests and upgrade the ports but so what if the lazy player can craft ships with bonuses based on other peoples efforts, crafting these ships is not a win, you still have to fight in them and the lazy and bad players will still not win no matter what ships they are in, so why the reluctance to let them have these ships.

There are many games out there where things can be upgraded and once upgraded are a benefit to all and that does not stop people putting in the effort to do the upgrades. Yes, I agree they should get some compensation for their effort, but people just seem to want to restrict access to these upgrades so they can always have the superior ship. The gulf between haves and have nots in this game is growing and it is just chasing people away.

Your whole narrative goes about the poor random player with single account, who got kicked from the friendlist of an evil clan with skilled players, skilled mostly in terrorizing the whole server with their unfairness, who has to be protected by such injustice.

This poor guy will never be able to enter Vera Cruz, to store his resources there he still needs to craft his ship. Since VC is so busy that he will get attacked each time by Russians, who don't have to fear to lose their karma, since they are on REDS friendlist because they contributed for the upgrade. This guy has zero chance to use his good karma for crafting in foreign super ports.

But if this guy is so good, and really got kicked by some monsters who think they are ruling their nation with such tyranny, he only has to publish his case and I promise you he will get 10 invites from the real top clans of the server inbetween ten minutes to join their team. Since those clans who really rule their nations need nothing more than such good guys who are used to work hard for their community. That's the recepy why those clans perform so well and why they have such super ports, which enables them to craft the super ships.

The guy in your narrative has zero problems in real game to craft what ever he wants. He doesn't need free access to port bonuses, and if he needed it, he wouldn't be able to use it.

The real profiteers of the suggestion you love so much are those laizy players, who are never online when there is work to do, but scream loudest when there is something to distribute.

Access to port upgrades is for every player the same. He only needs a couple of teammates. 7 people can do homefleet missions collect wooden chests and flags to capture one of those ports of their nation who are neutral for days or weeks, since no other clan is interested in them anymore. As soon as they have their little kingdom they can start and upgrade their own port, if they are unwilling to work together with the leading clans of their nation to help upgrading the main ports. Of course it might be smarter to team up with the whole nation to upgrade one port together and every clan and player involved in this hard work benefits with a slot on the friendlist. Upgrading ports is for every clan and for every nation the same grind. That some nations have 55 point ports in the beginning while others have to use 50 point ports makes only little difference. Since Mast and rig 4 is not really a game changer in battle. With implementing the possibility to upgrade the points of your port, every nation and every clan has the same chance to upgrade their port into a super crafting port. And with implementing teleport to portbattle every super port is in the same way vulnerable by foreign portbattle fleets, as long as they fight better than the defender.

Result is that every player who is willing to work hard and has good fighting skills has the same chance to access the best ship building this game knows. And if a player isn't a second Ram Dinark and can't demast like Liquicity he still is able to spend his time in farming homefleets sailing the chests to the crafting ports or do trade runs to collect the reals needed to buy money chests. I asure you he will be welcomed with open arms by those players who can defend the port, he is investing in. 

Only the laizy players and those who cannot play in team have a problem with access to crafting ports. They got kicked already long ago, since they never fullfilled their duties to contribute for the community in the past or they don't see the advantage to play together with others to perform in this game. Those lonely wulfs don't need good ships. They get ganked by other no matter how good their ships are. And the laizy ones don't deserve access to the best ships. Since they act like parasites exploiting other players work.

The idea of extra taxes players have to pay for crafting in foreign ports doesn't really help. Its not only that those investments in the upgrades are worth several billion reals, which has to pay out in a proper return on invest, it's also the high risk that this billions of investments get lost when the port is conquered, which has to flow into the calculation of the profit such a port must make for those, who did the job. Are you ready to pay 5 million extra reals to craft an Ocean in Vera Cruz? Or do you start another whining thread then to complain how the leading clans exploit random players?

There is no problem with a game where the laizy people whine that they don't harvest the same fruits like those who work hard. But a game where those players who pull the cart have to protest their expropriation is sentenced to death.

Edited by GhostOfDorian
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, GhostOfDorian said:

Your whole narrative goes about the poor random player with single account, who got kicked from the friendlist of an evil clan with skilled players, skilled mostly in terrorizing the whole server with their unfairness, who has to be protected by such injustice.

This poor guy will never be able to enter Vera Cruz, to store his resources there he still needs to craft his ship. Since VC is so busy that he will get attacked each time by Russians, who don't have to fear to lose their karma, since they are on REDS friendlist because they contributed for the upgrade. This guy has zero chance to use his good karma for crafting in foreign super ports.

But if this guy is so good, and really got kicked by some monsters who think they are ruling their nation with such tyranny, he only has to publish his case and I promise you he will get 10 invites from the real top clans of the server inbetween ten minutes to join their team. Since those clans who really rule their nations need nothing more than such good guys who are used to work hard for their community. That's the recepy why those clans perform so well and why they have such super ports, which enables them to craft the super ships.

The guy in your narrative has zero problems in real game to craft what ever he wants. He doesn't need free access to port bonuses, and if he needed it, he wouldn't be able to use it.

The real profiteers of the suggestion you love so much are those laizy players, who are never online when there is work to do, but scream loudest when there is something to distribute.

Access to port upgrades is for every player the same. He only needs a couple of teammates. 7 people can do homefleet missions collect wooden chests and flags to capture one of those ports of their nation who are neutral for days or weeks, since no other clan is interested in them anymore. As soon as they have their little kingdom they can start and upgrade their own port, if they are unwilling to work together with the leading clans of their nation to help upgrading the main ports. Of course it might be smarter to team up with the whole nation to upgrade one port together and every clan and player involved in this hard work benefits with a slot on the friendlist. Upgrading ports is for every clan and for every nation the same grind. That some nations have 55 point ports in the beginning while others have to use 50 point ports makes only little difference. Since Mast and rig 4 is not really a game changer in battle. With implementing the possibility to upgrade the points of your port, every nation and every clan has the same chance to upgrade their port into a super crafting port. And with implementing teleport to portbattle every super port is in the same way vulnerable by foreign portbattle fleets, as long as they fight better than the defender.

Result is that every player who is willing to work hard and has good fighting skills has the same chance to access the best ship building this game knows. And if a player isn't a second Ram Dinark and can't demast like Liquicity he still is able to spend his time in farming homefleets sailing the chests to the crafting ports or do trade runs to collect the reals needed to buy money chests. I asure you he will be welcomed with open arms by those players who can defend the port, he is investing in. 

Only the laizy players and those who cannot play in team have a problem with access to crafting ports. They got kicked already long ago, since they never fullfilled their duties to contribute for the community in the past or they don't see the advantage to play together with others to perform in this game. Those lonely wulfs don't need good ships. They get ganked by other no matter how good their ships are. And the laizy ones don't deserve access to the best ships. Since they act like parasites exploiting other players work.

The idea of extra taxes players have to pay for crafting in foreign ports doesn't really help. Its not only that those investments in the upgrades are worth several billion reals, which has to pay out in a proper return on invest, it's also the high risk that this billions of investments get lost when the port is conquered, which has to flow into the calculation of the profit such a port must make for those, who did the job. Are you ready to pay 5 million extra reals to craft an Ocean in Vera Cruz? Or do you start another whining thread then to complain how the leading clans exploit random players?

There is no problem with a game where the laizy people whine that they don't harvest the same fruits like those who work hard. But a game where those players who pull the cart have to protest their expropriation is sentenced to death.

I do not know where you get the idea that I have any sort of narrative about some lazy player that has been kicked from a friendlist. I am just replying to people who are complaining about the changes that the Devs have proposed pointing out why I think that the Devs are correct in granting some sort of bonus for remaining neutral. Okay, I agree that it will only really benefit people with alts, but so much of the game now is reliant on having alts.

If you really want to see the lazy players then look to the numerous people who have switched to Russia since Russia became the dominant nation on the server. I know so many people who have switched to Russia so they can get easy trading and crafting without much risk. This is not a moan about Russia as if it was not Russia then it would be some other nation in the same position.

I have nothing against the people who worked hard to build up the Russian nation, they have played well are skilled players and were organised enough with their plans when the game launched. The problem is some of the loudest people in the Russian nation now are the ones who joined later and are basking in the glory of other peoples work.

Have you been in a nation that has lost a major crafting port after you have spent a lot of time and effort investing in it? It is demoralizing and it does lead to a loss of players, some give up the game while others switch to the dominant nation. Have you never noticed that all the skilled players tend to gravitate into a couple of top nations (the nations are probably top because good players went there in first place) for the ones that remain in other nations most of the time it is like flogging a dead horse and they eventually give up and go the same way as others.

As many people have said maybe the whole way port development was implemented in the game was wrong, it should have been more personal development rather than group contribution. If that had been the case then none of this would be an issue.

At the end of the day the Devs have proposed some changes and we have discussed them and they will decide whether to go ahead with the changes or not, either way some people will not be happy, but I guess that is game development.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Devs are correct in granting some sort of bonus for remaining neutral.

the problem i the definition of neutral. Neutral is a player who plays Neutral in all of his accounts, in the case of he owns more than main. Being beligerant in your main and use alters with neutral reputation for crafting is not being neutral, it is exploiting a mechanic.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Despe said:

the problem i the definition of neutral. Neutral is a player who plays Neutral in all of his accounts, in the case of he owns more than main. Being beligerant in your main and use alters with neutral reputation for crafting is not being neutral, it is exploiting a mechanic.

Each account counts as separate player - that's the root of all problems with alts

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malcolm3 said:

Each account counts as separate player - that's the root of all problems with alts

Yeah, i know. And it is for this that allow port bonuses for neutrals is a really bad idea. It is a totally explotable mechanic by alts for steal the efforts of many players in the  hard work of port investements.

22 minutes ago, Despe said:

Each account is classed as a separate entity. There are many players in game already who have active alts in various nations, you could say too that that is exploiting a mechanic, but as long as they do nothing other than act as individual players then it is allowed. Its the same for neutral alts. By your definition a Russian player must have all his accounts in Russian nation and a Brit play have all his accounts in GB etc. Personally I have all my alts in same nation as my main and this new proposed neutral mechanic will allow me remain so and not tempt me to move one of them to Russia.

Okay my alt in another nation may craft a ship and give it to me, but is that any different from you crafting a ship and selling it to me? The fact that my alt remains neutral means that he cannot attack or interfere with any battles for fear of losing his neutral status. So in reality there is not much exploiting that can be done with a neutral alt. 

Edit: can I check something with you, If I had an alt in Russia would you be willing to invite me to your clan, assuming that while in that clan I would take part in clan activities and farming to develop ports etc.? If not then what screening process do you use to ensure a person is not an alt? As we know in this game most clans are paranoid about infiltration by alts and it makes them wary of taking on new players which limits new player access to nation ports even if they want to help.

Edited by Archaos

Just now, Archaos said:

Each account is classed as a separate entity.

I know perfectly and this is for that use an alt for crafting using port bonueses is a explotable mechanic. Use of alts for spy and economic warfare are allowed by rules and it is not an exploit in any case. You can trade in Russia ar Sweede, and you need the same time for trading and you earn the same money, but you dont need an alt for trading or earn money. But allowing alts for crafting with port bonuses you are benefiting the players with more number of alts and harming the faction with the best port bonus. And this port bonus were built with the effort of some players, effort that you wanna steal with this proposal of allow neutrals for crafting. It is an insult.

19 minutes ago, Riot stick said:

GD redman!

Why would you let Liquicity craft in Vera Cruz? Why not open for everyone then? It's quite hypocrite to be ok with Liquicity crafting there but against everyone else. You either have the cake or you eate the cake, can't have both.

I dont know anything about Liquicity, but allow one guy is not comparable with the issue of main post wich is allow for neutrals, from which only alters will take benefit, harming your own faction and clan, and the efforts of you mates.

And is not hypocrite make a deal with a player for that, and being against this proposal of neutral players crafting with por bonues. Deals and diplomacy are part of game, but try to implement a mechanic that in practice will mean that an army of alters will steal the efforts of your clan and faction in the port investements, it is logical being a little bit salty.

If I had known a month ago that such a mechanic was going to be implemented, I would not have spent my time farming stupid and boring privateers fleets and making convoys. I would have been all day on the patrols which is where I have fun.

Edited by Despe

5 minutes ago, Despe said:

I know perfectly and this is for that use an alt for crafting using port bonueses is a explotable mechanic. Use of alts for spy and economic warfare are allowed by rules and it is not an exploit in any case. You can trade in Russia ar Sweede, and you need the same time for trading and you earn the same money, but you dont need an alt for trading or earn money. But allowing alts for crafting with port bonuses you are benefiting the players with more number of alts and harming the faction with the best port bonus. And this port bonus were built with the effort of some players, effort that you wanna steal with this proposal of allow neutrals for crafting. It is an insult.

But if the Devs introduce it to the game then it is within the rules and is not an exploit same as you say for spying and economic warfare. I feel it is more of an exploit now that certain people let their friends from other nations have alts in their clan to allow them access to crafting bonuses that they have not worked for. I do not see you going on a crusade to get all these alts removed from your clans as they are stealing your efforts. At present if I wanted I know I can get a ship crafted in VC because I know people in my nation who have alts with access to VC, and nearly any other player can get the same if they ask around. The neutral thing only makes it easier to do.

12 minutes ago, Archaos said:

But if the Devs introduce it to the game then it is within the rules and is not an exploit same as you say for spying and economic warfare.

it is not comparable. You are comparing things that have nothing to do. an alter spying on my port fleet in a PB is a fun mechanic and it's part of the war, like in real life. The same with trade. But this is different. Can you imagine Russia attacking the United States with planes and ships made in the United States? it is absurd and surreal, isnt it ?

12 minutes ago, Archaos said:

I do not see you going on a crusade to get all these alts removed from your clans as they are stealing your efforts.

They have not stolen my efforts if i have a deal with them.

Edited by Despe

3 minutes ago, Riot stick said:

Those alts have to trade and craft in Vera Cruz what you should lobby about is 'taxing the crafting building's' this way Redman will be even richer and you and me will still be dirt poor.

With love to Despe 😃

If you need money make trade or PvP like all player do. And taxing is not for Redman wallet, is for clan. When i had a problem with resources, ships or money clan help on that always.

1 minute ago, Despe said:

it is not comparable. You are comparing things that have nothing to do. an alter spying on my port fleet in a PB is a fun mechanic and it's part of the war, like in real life. The same with trade. But this is different. Can you imagine Russia attacking the United States with planes and ships made in the United States? What is absurd, right?

They have not stolen my efforts if i have a deal with them.

It is very possible for one nation to attack another with weapons made in that country. In the Falklands conflict British ships were sunk with French (NATO member) Exocet missiles fired from French Super Etendard aircraft. So an allies weapons being used against you.

And by the way what have they stolen from you? you have lost nothing, they may be taking advantage of your efforts, but they are not stealing.

Does every single player who contributed to the development of the port have that same deal that you have with those alts or do most just accept that it happens? If I had helped develop the port and I came to you saying I had a problem with one of the alts because their main sunk my trade ship using a ship they had crafted in that port, would you kick them then? Are your actions making deals with certain alts not a slap in the face for others who have invested in the port, using your logic.

9 minutes ago, Despe said:

Can you imagine Russia attacking the United States with planes and ships made in the United States?

While the allies were bombing the Schweinfurt ball bearing factories in WW2, a US bank and South American countries were helping US factories sell and funnel ball bearings to Germany. So yes, it is possible.

1 hour ago, Archaos said:

I do not know where you get the idea that I have any sort of narrative about some lazy player that has been kicked from a friendlist. I am just replying to people who are complaining about the changes that the Devs have proposed pointing out why I think that the Devs are correct in granting some sort of bonus for remaining neutral. Okay, I agree that it will only really benefit people with alts, but so much of the game now is reliant on having alts.

If you really want to see the lazy players then look to the numerous people who have switched to Russia since Russia became the dominant nation on the server. I know so many people who have switched to Russia so they can get easy trading and crafting without much risk. This is not a moan about Russia as if it was not Russia then it would be some other nation in the same position.

I have nothing against the people who worked hard to build up the Russian nation, they have played well are skilled players and were organised enough with their plans when the game launched. The problem is some of the loudest people in the Russian nation now are the ones who joined later and are basking in the glory of other peoples work.

Have you been in a nation that has lost a major crafting port after you have spent a lot of time and effort investing in it? It is demoralizing and it does lead to a loss of players, some give up the game while others switch to the dominant nation. Have you never noticed that all the skilled players tend to gravitate into a couple of top nations (the nations are probably top because good players went there in first place) for the ones that remain in other nations most of the time it is like flogging a dead horse and they eventually give up and go the same way as others.

As many people have said maybe the whole way port development was implemented in the game was wrong, it should have been more personal development rather than group contribution. If that had been the case then none of this would be an issue.

At the end of the day the Devs have proposed some changes and we have discussed them and they will decide whether to go ahead with the changes or not, either way some people will not be happy, but I guess that is game development.

I agree with you in general that Russia in our days attracts a lot of winning side joiners. We don't rely on them, and we know very well that they are the first to leave when time will be against us one day.  But I would not agree, if you meant any of the REDS officers who wrote in this channel.

I also agree that the mechanic of port upgrade is unhealthy for the game. Since it causes a shock for the good players to lose their crafting port, they invested so much time and work in. A mechanic with permanent supply of goods to keep the population in the city happy would have been a better option in my opinion. This could be combined with generating a karma for those players who supply the citizens regulary with rare goods or protect them sucessfully from enemy attacks in the waters around the port. But devs decided different and we have to discuss the plans they have introduced.

Those plans don't fit at all with the existing mechanic of port upgrades. Both mechanics combined will lead into a stop of any upgrading. Since there is no reason anymore to do that work. Upgrades which have been already done will be expropriated. That's what people call an insult. I call it a theft.

Only way out of this is to compensate the expropriation with returning the invested goods to the clans who own the port and wipe all upgrades to zero. After that every clan can decide, if he is willing to invest the work of his players again in a system everybody can benefit, or if he invests in things only the clanmates and the allieds can benefit from. I'm pretty sure the idea you support will collapse at that moment.