Game-Labs Forum

Home defense fleet are a joke

now I have just returned to the game after a long time off but WTF is the purpose of the Home Defense fleets attacking you in open waters miles away from a "Capital Port" and the fact that you can be run down by a 1st rate I was in a 5th rate and these 1st rates caught me like they were speed boats.  I understand the original reason was to keep the losers who like to farm the noobs in Capital waters but you have made it impossible to attack some one in capitals waters so why the need for these fleets?  And WTF is the reason behind having them range so far I was attacked by the keys by a havana HD fleet its a joke. its like the Devs sit around at their meetings and go hmmm I know the game has a shrinking population but what could we do to make the game even more unplayable Wait I have it Super terror fleets that will chase you down miles from the ports they are supposed to defend AND are faster than ship a player could hope to have. FFS guys this game is enough of a grind without extra layers of BS like this. Why do you guys always have to go to extremes when you try to fix a problem? How do these HD fleets make the game better 

Thanks for letting me vent I will take my Ban now 

Edited by The Comedian
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

now I have just returned to the game after a long time off but WTF is the purpose of the Home Defense fleets attacking you in open waters miles away from a "Capital Port" and the fact that you can be run down by a 1st rate I was in a 5th rate and these 1st rates caught me like they were speed boats.  I understand the original reason was to keep the losers who like to farm the noobs in Capital waters but you have made it impossible to attack some one in capitals waters so why the need for these fleets?  And WTF is the reason behind having them range so far I was attacked by the keys by a havana HD fleet its a joke. its like the Devs sit around at their meetings and go hmmm I know the game has a shrinking population but what could we do to make the game even more unplayable Wait I have it Super terror fleets that will chase you down miles from the ports they are supposed to defend AND are faster than ship a player could hope to have. FFS guys this game is enough of a grind without extra layers of BS like this. Why do you guys always have to go to extremes when you try to fix a problem? How do these HD fleets make the game better 

Thanks for letting me vent I will take my Ban now 

If you look at Christiansted its an island, and the circle where the HDF roam is nice.

Now if you then take a look at Havana, you see half the circle is embedded in north cuba, ergo they moved the circle more north.

But this is a well known fact for most players.

8 hours ago, The Comedian said:

I understand the original reason was to keep the losers who like to farm the noobs in Capital waters but you have made it impossible to attack some one in capitals waters

Read that phrase ... several times... and making as much pause as necessary to understand the full meaning of it.

• Like 8

The Capitol Defense Fleets sound great.

Can someone post up the specs please.

The large CDFs seem to attack any foreign player with over 100 BR, and this includes the BR of the player's fleet ships.  Will CDFs attack Traders? and ships without cannon?

What is the BR limit that will trigger the small CDFs?

This sounds like a wonderful improvement to the game.  More choice now.  Gankers can avoid CDFs by choosing to hunt in CDF free areas.   New players can be safe near capitals, or they can choose to venture out in to dangerous waters.  Win Win for everyone. 

Edited by Macjimm

2 minutes ago, Comrade Question said:

The logic here is to help new players not get hunted and killed in capital waters by veterans in big ships. Then, the devs put many useful items in the game as rewards for attacking these fleets, forcing vets to form large fleets in big ships to kill those fleets and subsequently, players. Some of these useful items, the HDF is the ONLY WAY to obtain it. Logic.

Comrade... the vets will go with SOL fleets with one purpose in mind. To get flags and chest and then get back to base as soon as possible.

Further, they are within reach of an entire nation, all clans, that can go and sink them with overwhelming force...

Is very logical but you insist on something that you don't say. Be clear. Be honest.

Say: I want to be able to go to capital zones and not be hunted by HDF.

Is better.

2 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

The Capitol Defense Fleets sound great.

Can someone post up the specs please.

The large CDFs seem to attack any foreign player with over 100 BR, and this includes the BR of the player's fleet ships.  Will CDFs attack Traders? and ships without cannon?

What is the BR limit that will trigger the small CDFs?

This sounds like a wonderful improvement to the game.  More choice now.  Gankers can avoid CDFs by choosing to hunt in CDF free areas.   New players can be safe near capitals, or they can choose to venture out in to dangerous waters.  Win Win for everyone. 

Large - 100BR and above. From today they are made of 13 ships including 4 1st rates. All of them epic grade.

Small - 30 BR and above up to 99BR. Cerberus, Surprise, Princes, Xebecs.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Comrade Question said:

If the goal is to lock port battles and PvP behind PvE, fine. It just seems like a band-aid on a bullet hole since a non-exploitable PvP solution cannot be found.

A better idea would be to have these large fleets (but non aggressive) roaming around in areas close to free ports but out of the way. So north of Tumbado, south of La Mona, southwest of Aves. Less traveled areas and now you aren't forcing large player fleets to the docks of capital ports which in turn will intimidate new players as they have no idea what is going on.

Comrade...Stay on target...

You have hidden motives. Be clear.

I tell you comrade... You want flag ? You go into dangerous area and fight dangerous AI. Oh and you might see a lot of PvP on the way out if you don't get PvP on the way in... Win win situation comrade. Very much combat. Lots of action.

Edited by Hethwill

45 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Large - 100BR and above. From today they are made of 13 ships including 4 1st rates. All of them epic grade.

Does the BR limit include the sum of my main and fleet? Example: Traders Lynx with Traders Lynx in fleet = 50BR?

This mechanic is quite brilliant.  No more immunity to gank using a smaller ship.  Groups of players can co-ordinate and harvest chests from big  CDFs.  And yet all ports are still accessible in a small trade ship.  Good for everyone.

2 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

Does the BR limit include the sum of my main and fleet? Example: Traders Lynx with Traders Lynx in fleet = 50BR?

Highest unique BR in your ships. So a 25 plus a 25 is 25BR for detection.

All small traders are 25BR.

Edited by Hethwill
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Malcolm3 said:

Except Trader Snow with its 45 BR

Nasty bugger with those carros. A true Q-Ship. Can't remember the last time i came across a player in one ;) 

Good dev decision to keep it that BR... IMO

Edited by Hethwill
  • Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 4:27 PM, Hethwill said:

Not really relevant anymore but just so that you know exactly which one is coming for you:

large is 101(!) and above

small is 31(!) and up to 100

afaik

Xebec is BR 100

On 6/25/2020 at 7:27 AM, Hethwill said:

That seems clear.  Any ship that is 100BR, or more, will be attacked by large Capital Defence Fleets (CDFs), and small Capital Defence Fleets attack any ship of 30BR to 99BR.  Seems like a great way to protect Capitals. 

One more question Hethwill.  Will an aggregate Group BR attract CDFs, or is is sufficient that each member have individual ships that are less than 30BR?  Example: Can my Group of 6 players avoid the attention of all CDFs if we all sail Lynx?

40 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

That seems clear.  Any ship that is 100BR, or more, will be attacked by large Capital Defence Fleets (CDFs), and small Capital Defence Fleets attack any ship of 30BR to 99BR.  Seems like a great way to protect Capitals. 

One more question Hethwill.  Will an aggregate Group BR attract CDFs, or is is sufficient that each member have individual ships that are less than 30BR?  Example: Can my Group of 6 players avoid the attention of all CDFs if we all sail Lynx?

Light Fleets will attack all players between and including BR30 and BR100.A group in which all ships are out of this range won't be attacked. If a single ship has BR in this range, she will be attacked. What is important is the BR of each ship.

A group including a Privateer and an Hercules will be attacked by Light Fleets and by Home Defense Fleets.

• Like 2