Game-Labs Forum

Regional servers

@admin I would like to know what is to be done to counter the cowardice of abusing timers to avoid fights?

It's been an age old discussion, one we've had since servermerge actually, but it hasn't been abused to the degree that Sweden is doing atm. We (danno-norwegians) has no nighttime fleet, so putting all timers around CS to nighttime effectively rules out DK/NG from RvR, at the same time the clans who holds the ports are admitting that it's to bypass Denmark-Norway in RvR and even bragging about their cowardice.

I have one suggestion that would remove the griefing the Swedes are comitted to. 

Impose regional servers - NOT EU and Global servers - EU/US servers.

Like literally every other MMO out there we need to funnel players into avenues of their best game time. Does this mean that we can't cross over? - No, but it means that one side can't abuse a timer mechanic to grief another side.

If not regional servers, what is the solution then?

6 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

@admin I would like to know what is to be done to counter the cowardice of abusing timers to avoid fights?

to my knowledge we've been showing at Road Town / Haulover

when in fact the offensive side didn't show

up to you to give us the fights 😃

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Smoothie said:

Guys, seriously, another thread? Your whining is really skyrocketing. I have no words. You should get a pink flag with the next patch. For da real pussy nation you are representing. 

Well atleast we neither cheat nor hide from battles.. so there is that.

If u don't like the no shows, how about you prevent the hostility creation?

The game already has a very limited player base, ripping it apart into two would just massively reduce the games activity. I am REALLY struggling to understand what you mean by timer dodging though, it feels like utter ignorance on your behalf given the fact that there is a US timezone player base to the game and it feels like you have a prejudice against them, complaining that they have timers set for content during their timezone, which would appear to me, a very toxic attitude towards that player base. There are plenty of US timezone clans in multiple nations. the option for alliances is always possible and at least in my eyes, a VERY enjoyable part to the game, I really enjoy the diplomacy aspect.

You also talk about the griefing of the Swedish nation, the Swedish nation was formed to curb the domination of the Russian empire in the game, and its had a great success generating content for both sides, yes Sweden has been in a war and stomped the opposition in both wars (GB and Danes) to and excessive extent, but it is part of the game, it was a war and neither side could come to terms before it go to the stage it is at, mostly due to past grudges. Every player, clan and nation gets to decide on its alliances, terms are ALWAYS able to come around it just depends on the nations leadership to be willing to put aside past grievances and move forward, it should be down to the players to make alliances within the game, not the developers, to even out the port battle timers and the clan player base if the players of every timezone want content.

On a side note, Sweden shows up to damn near every single port battle it sets, they do not intentionally set port battles with the intent of not showing which in some peoples eyes is the exact same as tagging a player with having no intent of engaging and fighting that player, which I believe is a tribunable offence? correct me if i'm wrong there please.

I disagree with server splitting.  The playerbase is small enough as it is and splitting the server would kill the game.  Remember when the US had their own server?  Nobody played on it. 

The only exception to this is maybe giving China their own server.  While so far I haven't seen too many complaints against Chinese players (or rather none that other nationalities haven't done as well) I don't think it's warranted to force them on their own server.  However this may just because they are spread out across multiple nations and not concentrated in one nation.  I hope I am wrong, but the trend with other games I am not holding my breath.

• Sad 1

I'm sorry, but no some of us need US timers because we are (And I'm sure this will shock you) Americans.  We can't fight EU timers because we are at work.  What you call night time timers are US prime time game time.  You danes are crying cause you lost to the swedes, bruh you didn't stand a chance anyway just accept it.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

Should we not leave the drama to Caribbean news, and discuss mechanic without the drama.

Personally I am for regional servers, thats why I started on EU, and not global.

I have no doubt an EU server will grow, as I am pretty sure an US server will die.

we should - so i suggest that you address Lars who started off this thread with his drama comments about sweden bragging about their cowardice and accusing sweden of being griefers

as usual you guys start shit then try to blame it on others

posting screenshot in case OP gets edited retroactively
image.thumb.png.452a8187f48d7ed8007d10e84a855279.png

Edited by The Rear End of Sauron

19 minutes ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

It has little to do with what you say actually. 1 I think it is common to Call US Night timers. Server time says so, ppl in general says so.

What he is arguing is that a nation can’t hide behind a Night timer, because they have the only Night Crew. Little to do with danes. We knew we couldnt win this fight. Should it really be needed to get up at Night to play a game. If so why even have timers.

Just cause your nation doesn't have US players doesn't mean other nations don't.  US, Russians, Pirates all have US players that fight and have had port battle in those timers.  Dutch kinda did for a while, but I think we are pretty much the only US based clan members left and we are very small.   If they can fill that port battle at that time than they aren' t avoiding fights.  It's not there fault you can't field a crew to beat them at that time.  It's part of the game. 

Now a solution has been said many times, we have to many nations.  We need to break it down into smalller groups/Factions so that we can have more players spread out all times.   4 Factions fighting against each other is way better than 12 (going to add the Chinese) nations all spread out and not having the numbers to do much.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, The Rear End of Sauron said:

we should - so i suggest that you address Lars who started off this thread with his drama comments about sweden bragging about their cowardice and accusing sweden of being griefers

as usual you guys start shit then try to blame it on others

posting screenshot in case OP gets edited retroactively
image.thumb.png.452a8187f48d7ed8007d10e84a855279.png

I have never edited a post without writing what has been edited.. or included.

You might not like me, nor my suggestions, but in Denmark we have a saying: a thief believes that every man steals - Don't judge me by your standards.

2 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

I have never edited a post without writing what has been edited.. or included.

You might not like me, nor my suggestions, but in Denmark we have a saying: a thief believes that every man steals - Don't judge me by your standards.

given that you know that the servers were merged due to falling player population, and that you know from other threads they aren't going to be split anytime soon (would need a significant increase in population for that to be considered) your thread is just another thinly veiled example of you spreading your anti swedish propaganda

please tell me you are smart enough to start a thread genuinely addressing the issue without needing to call swedes griefers exploiters cowards etc?

7 minutes ago, The Rear End of Sauron said:

given that you know that the servers were merged due to falling player population, and that you know from other threads they aren't going to be split anytime soon (would need a significant increase in population for that to be considered) your thread is just another thinly veiled example of you spreading your anti swedish propaganda

please tell me you are smart enough to start a thread genuinely addressing the issue without needing to call swedes griefers exploiters cowards etc?

It only failed on the global server because it was a global server. It wasn't a true US server so basically the only server that has actually worked was the EU server. A regional server.

EDIT: And I do actually find it's cowardly to hide behind timers. It's the very point I'm making in favor of a mechanic that can't be abused. But you're right, I shouldn't blame players for poor mechanics, so let's hear how @admin will deal with the timer dodging..

Edited by Guest

15 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

It only failed on the global server because it was a global server. It wasn't a true US server so basically the only server that has actually worked was the EU server. A regional server.

EDIT: And I do actually find it's cowardly to hide behind timers. It's the very point I'm making in favor of a mechanic that can't be abused. But you're right, I shouldn't blame players for poor mechanics, so let's hear how @admin will deal with the timer dodging..

all the servers were suffering from low pop including the EU one, hence the merge - what we have now is actually the 'global' server since there are no options from people from all around the world to play on a server specific to their time frame

yet you have a very self-centered notion that other nations shouldn't have the right to set timers for times that might not work for you but work for them if they have the players to fill those PB's 

wonder how you're going to act if the chinese end up getting a nation on the server with the Trinidad thing and set some of their PB timers to times that also work for them

quit trying to force people to play exclusively in times convenient just for you

we had Plymouth set at a reasonable time for you and you attacked (it's on a 19:00 - 22:00 server time) - that PB time hasn't changed 

Well its no secret US clans like WO have trolled with timers, used them to purposely avoid fights, and have gone as far as stating explicitly both on the forum and in global that their intention was to break the game and get as many people to quit as possible. These are the same guys that went to sweden and voila we saw the timer games pop up again. People dont forget scumbaggery of that magnitude :) The chinese are welcome to whatever timers they like because they dont have a history of ruining the game for others like bitter petulant children.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

Well its no secret US clans like WO have trolled with timers, used them to purposely avoid fights, and have gone as far as stating explicitly both on the forum and in global that their intention was to break the game and get as many people to quit as possible. These are the same guys that went to sweden and voila we saw the timer games pop up again. People dont forget :)

it might come as a shock to you but it isn't just WO that are USA timezone players in sweden

in Havoc alone we have 6+ members that live in the USA and are USA timezone oriented

we also have some clans that are primarily USA time zone based

add them all together and it's not a small number (relatively speaking)

any comment from you about Lars making it his goal to ruin the game experience for the swedish players regardless of whether they are in WO or not?

29 minutes ago, The Rear End of Sauron said:

it might come as a shock to you but it isn't just WO that are USA timezone players in sweden

in Havoc alone we have 6+ members that live in the USA and are USA timezone oriented

we also have some clans that are primarily USA time zone based

add them all together and it's not a small number (relatively speaking)

any comment from you about Lars making it his goal to ruin the game experience for the swedish players regardless of whether they are in WO or not?

My point was WO broke up and all the poison pills scattered, and it wasn't just WO that did that shit. Come to think of it, werent you in WO shrouded??? Now most are in sweden doing the same old shit. No matter what you say none can deny you had your own server (twice actually lmfao) and killed it both times through sheer toxicity and pussies crowding to one nation that ended up with no one to fight. After both of these failures you went to the EU server and trolled with timers citing your "sizeable" population of pacific islanders and west coast dudes who only like to play at 10pm west coast time on weeknights. You then demanded all the EU players not only accomodate bs timers but you actually coined the term lunch flips because you thought eu players playing at eu primetime on the eu server was unfair. People dont forget:) Its been clear for months now that US players in sweden are capable if not enthusiastic about playing earlier in the eu primetime so any argument defending the validity of 1-6 timers is as big of a joke as this thread.

Edited by Potemkin

9 minutes ago, The Rear End of Sauron said:

lol, nice troll mate :)

Yeah ik lol, im done. That doesn't mean anything i said before wasn't true though. Tbh i dont hello kittying care at this point, ive been deemed a worker in an essential industrial supply chain so i get paid double time essentially until i get the covid. Shits gettin real in NY.

5 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

Yeah ik lol, im done. That doesn't mean anything i said before wasn't true though. Tbh i dont hello kittying care at this point, ive been deemed a worker in an essential industrial supply chain so i get paid double time essentially until i get the covid. Shits gettin real in NY.

ugh - try and stay safe mate!

and yeah i get that it doesn't make some of your points invalid

i think things aren't quite as black and white as some folks like to make out they are and a lot (including for myself) is influenced by which side of this drama we happen to find ourselves on lol

• Like 1