Game-Labs Forum

Regional servers

It's a simple game-mechanic. What Lars is asking is to have fights in his area, that is what this game is about. Point is he also argued in the past that he had an empty pb. That is weird, cause the fact is, when Sweden would put all timers in the same timeframe. And the 2 biggest RvR clans(BF&REDS) cooperate and attack Sweden. And also the Danes than do their hostility. Logic would be Sweden would not be able to fill these. 

So making sure they can defend, has not more options left than making their ports on different timers. If on a global server some are not in your timeframe, go for the ones that are..Cause it's not about ports I heard BOCAR tell everyone, just fghts..

Cannot see the issue here Lars??

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Barents said:

i like it that the game is at a point where Sweden can tell there enemys where to attack them...

Almost like russians telling spanish and pirates who they cannot attack else they lose their main crafting port, aha

I dont think we need to start the finger pointing game here

well we definitely hope to see you at Viques

it fits ALL of your requirements that you have been complaining about

close to Christensted

no PB timer - YOU get to choose the time that is convenient for YOU, not us :)

and set the time you did - strange to see you set it so far away from your previously stated ideal server times of 18:00 - 21:00 but we respect that you have the right and choice to do so

no other danish port battle within 90 minutes of either side of the PB time that you set

see you there!

image.png.8af7e7fe64c3be6a656343cb595a6dfd.png

Edited by The Rear End of Sauron

3 minutes ago, Mouth of Sauron said:

Yes we told Spain and Pirates to stop attacking us.  Which I believe is exactly what you guys did to GB and DK.

Hello pot..meet kettle 

thus

54 minutes ago, Liq said:

1 hour ago, Liq said:

Almost like russians telling spanish and pirates who they cannot attack else they lose their main crafting port, aha

Mate like wtf? You did the same to Danish nation.........

14 minutes ago, The Rear End of Sauron said:

well we definitely hope to see you at Viques

it fits ALL of your requirements that you have been complaining about

close to Christensted

no PB timer - YOU get to choose the time that is convenient for YOU, not us :)

and set the time you did - strange to see you set it so far away from your previously stated ideal server times of 18:00 - 21:00 but we respect that you have the right and choice to do so

no other port battle within 90 minutes of either side of the PB time that you set

see you there!

image.png.8af7e7fe64c3be6a656343cb595a6dfd.png

Please don't interrupt the enemy whilst they walk into a well placed hypocrisy trap.

2 minutes ago, Mouth of Sauron said:

Hi Guys.  I’m gonna point fingers and then tell everyone we shouldn’t point fingers.

I counter-finger pointed his finger pointing, indeed

fingers hurting a little now though

40 minutes ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

Well I didn’t flip it. But could actually be there tommorow. Have a couple of days of. Who knows. Anyway our main time is 18-21. But lets see 

oh i do so hope so

because it would be a bad look after all the crying and whining,  that the danes get EXACTLY what they want and then when they get it come up with other reasons to be drama queens and grief - i'm sure not even they would stoop so low

with ZERO complaints i will stay up late so as to make sure that we try and fill this PB at a time that is convenient for you so you get the full PB that you want, at the time of your choice not ours, close to Christensted as you want

and meant sincerely not snarkily, if you want to take me up on my offer of me crafting some ships for you in San Juan with you providing mats (resources, dubs and permits if needed) i still have 3000 labor hours available on an alt at your disposal

1 hour ago, Liq said:

care to elaborate or just ususal propaganda stuff? I am espacially interested in the spanish part and who told them something.

EDIT: Can do on pm if you prefer.

Edited by Barents

5 minutes ago, Barents said:

care to elaborate or just ususal propaganda stuff? I am espacially interested in the spanish part and who told them something.

EDIT: Can do on pm if you prefer.

Don't think i need to elaborate on that? Wasn't that the whole reason you left the clan for a day or two?

11 minutes ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

We have actually not gotten all we want. Anyway I really don’t care abouth you timer. Not now where you clearly admins they only have one purpos. Dodge foghts.

see my earlier post - the PB for Viques that BOCAR set meets ALL the criteria that Lars was asking for in his OP of this thread, hence me making these comments here

i do so hope the excuses haven't started already

to refresh:

Lars Kjaer stated (my responses in red here)

@admin I would like to know what is to be done to counter the cowardice of abusing timers to avoid fights?
Viques timer was open - time has been set by BOCAR (DANISH CLAN of LArs Kjaer)  to one of BOCAR's choosing

It's been an age old discussion, one we've had since servermerge actually, but it hasn't been abused to the degree that Sweden is doing atm. We (danno-norwegians) has no nighttime fleet, so putting all timers around CS to nighttime effectively rules out DK/NG from RvR,
Viques is VERY close to CS as per your criteria and with an open timer the choice of when to attack is/was 100% in your hands, not ours

No, but it means that one side can't abuse a timer mechanic to grief another side.
Hopefully this odd time hasn't been set by the Danes to do exactly just that 

•  

2 hours ago, Cornelis Evertsen de Oude said:

It's a simple game-mechanic. What Lars is asking is to have fights in his area, that is what this game is about. Point is he also argued in the past that he had an empty pb. That is weird, cause the fact is, when Sweden would put all timers in the same timeframe. And the 2 biggest RvR clans(BF&REDS) cooperate and attack Sweden. And also the Danes than do their hostility. Logic would be Sweden would not be able to fill these. 

So making sure they can defend, has not more options left than making their ports on different timers. If on a global server some are not in your timeframe, go for the ones that are..Cause it's not about ports I heard BOCAR tell everyone, just fghts..

Cannot see the issue here Lars??

The empty PB was one the swedes set on us, we were the defending side and the swedes basically set the port and no showed. Since then, well we've been doing the same but it has very little to do with RvR or with regional servers.

Atm - and this is actually the case since before the servermerge - the US tz pop and the EU tz pop has very little actual interaction with one another and if the only interaction there is is going to be griefing and troll timers, well then I suggest we cut the bs and make regional servers.

There's a reason why every other MMO out there has regional servers.

1 hour ago, Tac said:

Please don't interrupt the enemy whilst they walk into a well placed hypocrisy trap.

Not really, you abuse the timers, we've been perfectly clear that we will continue to set PBs and decide wether we want to attend or not.

You did start the no shows you know. And the timers are your own making as well, so enjoy the empty PBs... well empty untill you decide not to show..

3 hours ago, rediii said:

Noted. Good to know I lose track of all the Havoc alt clans

Apparently you didn't read any further down and totally missed where i admitted to trolling and making that up. In case you hadn't read the title of this thread or the contents of it thus far, there isn't much seriousness here. This is becoming too easy.

Edited by Potemkin

14 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Not really, you abuse the timers, we've been perfectly clear that we will continue to set PBs and decide wether we want to attend or not.

You did start the no shows you know. And the timers are your own making as well, so enjoy the empty PBs... well empty untill you decide not to show..

addressed previously in this thread in regards to when ANY nation has 3-4 PB's at the same time it has to pick and choose which to attend - i suggest you start making points that further the discussion and potentially find a solution rather than just repeat yourself over and over

otherwise you might be unintentionally giving the impression that this thread wasn't created to find a solution as much as just you bashing on Swedes again

6 minutes ago, The Rear End of Sauron said:

addressed previously in this thread in regards to when ANY nation has 3-4 PB's at the same time it has to pick and choose which to attend - i suggest you start making points that further the discussion and potentially find a solution rather than just repeat yourself over and over

otherwise you might be unintentionally giving the impression that this thread wasn't created to find a solution as much as just you bashing on Swedes again

Actually I have offered a solution: Regional servers.

And you didn't have 3-4 PBs at the same time, you intentionally set Hat Island in order to not attend and keep us from screening on behalf of the russians.

And you did start the no shows, and the timer dodging. @admin has suggested he has a solution to the no shows, I applaud that, what I'm suggesting is a clean, easy to implement solution to the timerdodging. Feel free to come up with a better solution, if you can.. I think we've tested all solutions before and the only one working without abuse was regional servers.

not sure what part of "there isn't enough population to split the servers - the servers were merged BECAUSE of low player pop" you're not comprehending

and yes we did have 4 PB's ton that day - also previously addressed in this thread - feel free to go back and find, read, comprehend

ty

Just now, The Rear End of Sauron said:

not sure what part of "there isn't enough population to split the servers - the servers were merged BECAUSE of low player pop" you're not comprehending

Not sure what part of: Then feel free to come up with your own suggestion that would limit/eliminate abuse, you're not comprehending.

My solution is viable, doable and quite frankly natural. What solution would you propose?