Game-Labs Forum

Regional servers

Hace 8 horas, Lars Kjaer dijo:

@admin ¿  Me gustaría saber qué se debe hacer para contrarrestar la cobardía de abusar de los temporizadores para evitar peleas?

Ha sido una discusión antigua, una que hemos tenido desde que servermerge realmente, pero no se ha abusado en la medida en que Suecia está haciendo atm. Nosotros (danno-noruegos) no tenemos flota nocturna, por lo que ponemos todos los temporizadores alrededor de CS a la noche efectivamente descarta DK / NG de RvR, al mismo tiempo que los clanes que tienen los puertos están admitiendo que es evitar Dinamarca-Noruega en RvR e incluso alardear de su cobardía.

Tengo una sugerencia que eliminaría el dolor que los suecos están comprometidos. 

Imponer servidores regionales - NO servidores de la UE y globales - Servidores de la UE / EE . UU .

Como literalmente cualquier otro MMO, necesitamos canalizar a los jugadores hacia las avenidas de su mejor tiempo de juego. ¿Esto significa que no podemos cruzar? - No, pero significa que un lado no puede abusar de un temporizador mecánico para afligir a otro lado.

Si no son servidores regionales, ¿qué es la solución entonces?

BSTD has night timer in Morro chico sooo if BSTD play for DK you have a good night fleet, dont worry. 

Not really willing to dive into the cesspool discussion of port timers but regarding game labs adding an additional server, I highly doubt it. Low server population was the excuse for eliminating the US based server. Since the population has not improved and in fact may have declined from what it was, what makes you even think there is a remote possibility that a server will be added?

Didn't we just defend Anguilla last night......     We're allowed 1 port to defend with our timers, which we do, unless he trades it away to the brits, which he often does.  

PS - I believe Admin has already stated 1 server....timers...deal with it.  It was a mistake to create EU and Global and it has since been corrected.  Even with toxic timer doding the server pop yesterday was one the most active days since launch.  

1 hour ago, Liq said:

What about 11-14 at murgeres and Matina? Just as bad

Well maybe if you bitch loud enough and long enough, whoever thought it was a good idea to put em there will change them. Maybe its mimicking your decision to use night timers to mitigate multi flips, who knows.

Edited by Potemkin

So now the thread has degenerated into finger pointing and all we can safely conclude is that everyone apparently use timerdodging.

@admin if not regionalservers, how then will this problem be combatted?

41 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

Well maybe if you bitch loud enough and long enough, whoever thought it was a good idea to put em there will change them. Maybe its mimicking your decision to use night timers to mitigate multi flips, who knows.

So when swedes use it it gets classified as cowardish battle dodging. But russians get to use it as a tactical tool to avoid multiflips, gotcha.

31 minutes ago, Lars Kjaer said:

So now the thread has degenerated into finger pointing and all we can safely conclude is that everyone apparently use timerdodging.

Asking admin to fix a petty issue like this will result in a solution no one likes. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Liq said:

So when swedes use it it gets classified as cowardish battle dodging. But russians get to use it as a tactical tool to avoid multiflips, gotcha.

In case you haven't noticed, i bust balls and talk shit here. Of course when swedes use it you're cowards and when we use it, its a tactical option. That being said, thank you for admitting to using timers to dodge. Cowards.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Liq said:

Actually I didn't state anything about the russians at all. Abusing timers to avoid a fight is cowardly regardless of wether you're a russian, swede or some other yellow-bellied coward.

As I see it - Sweden abuses the timers around CS in order to avoid fights. You tell me if that's the same elsewhere, but quite honestly - I care only for the coward I'm looking at..

7 hours ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

So you see a problem, hence you surgest fewer nations, we just belive in regional servers.

No it doesn't mean we need more servers. It means we need lest nations and the best way to do that and control things is for the Devs to set up changing factions to keep the game balanced.  4 factions made up of those 12 nations would mean you have more players of diffrent time zones that can fill those battles and help each other out.

8 hours ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

So you see a problem, hence you surgest fewer nations, we just belive in regional servers.

Servers can't be split at this point. I don't have to remind anyone the old US server. The game DOES have too many nations and not enough coalition. If you did split servers, the problem gets worse because you have half the population spread between the same number of nations. The source of the issue is TIMERS. Timers take the spread of playerbase of 12ish nations and multiplies it. It's just too simple of a fact that no one clan can be available for all hours of the day, and the same can be said for some nations even. 

So what really can be done? Obviously alliances are a start. I think that can be agreed on? It should be at least. Timers, PBs and Hostilities should be looked at next. We've had these battles for YEARS with very little in the way of alterations. They're the same from what they were, even before the Open World part of it. I think we're about due for an overhaul, because everything we do is for the port, essentially, that's the goal of regions

It's not going to solve much to split up the playerbase further between servers. The problem IS split between nations and through timers. The solution is coalencing these aspects, so players can have RVR at any time without that time granting advantage to any one side.

So maybe get rid of timers all together and make PBs into PCs (port campaigns). Something which would take place over the span of many battles, perhaps days of conflict scored in a manner that doesn't reward zerging and avoiding certain timeslots. 

2 hours ago, Liq said:

You need to consider that SHOCK is a russian clan, they are like what +3-5 hours ahead of the server time. So that 05-08 timer at Chiriqui is "8-12", for them is not a night timer. Matina 11-14 is what.... 14-17 for them... This should not be dodging, when its completely inside their own timezone.

27 minutes ago, Nixolai said:

You need to consider that SHOCK is a russian clan, they are like what +3-5 hours ahead of the server time. So that 05-08 timer at Chiriqui is "8-12", for them is not a night timer. Matina 11-14 is what.... 14-17 for them... This should not be dodging, when its completely inside their own timezone.

What about Murgeres? Same timer, belongs to REDS

Besides, matina was attacked a week ish ago at an EU evening timer and shock had a full fleet in? 

5 minutes ago, Liq said:

Besides, matina was attacked a week ish ago at an EU evening timer and shock had a full fleet in? 

You don´t see a difference between 11-14 on a weekend and 03-06 the whole week?

5 minutes ago, Liq said:

I am not the one in REDS controlling timers, i just noticed you pointed out the SHOCK ports. The point im making is that SHOCK can/have time to fill other port battles late at night, but still wake up to fill pb's that we germans/danes/swiss consider nighttimers.

3 minutes ago, Barents said:

You don´t see a difference between 11-14 on a weekend and 03-06 the whole week?

Nope

Troll redoutable fleets get countered by troll timers. Deal with it

• Like 1

I think GL dont have so many player to invest in more than one server.

Anyway we all must have fun so i think that moving the goal from shipyard to seasoned woods producion with other special thing like gold, silver and copper could help.

Could be also fair for every faction to have a capital and three port with a safe zone all around them with more npc ships till 5rates , instead Privateer fleets that lately use to go on strike, to  that to help new players to level up and learn without be a fresh meat.

Giving the possibility to everybody to have PB and to dont dissappear i'm sure will help to keep newplayers and to give possibility to lil faction to fight 

4 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Love the finger pointing statement. Really made me chuckle.

Have you put a finger through the screen yet or are you still busy punching it perhaps?

Buster (Armoured screen) 

Edited by Busterbloodvessel
  • Like 1

regional servers would only hurt the game with such a  small playerbase to begin with. I would have no timers and make every port cost the same as a timer previously did. Many ports would then be seen as un profitable and be left open and be able to be fought over by those nations with fewer players. Having fewer nations will only lead to fewer dlc sales

1 minute ago, Hr FrosT said:

So if we start with non-troll ships you set day timers and stop crying on us? Gotcha.

think you will find this is a mostly Danish tasting tears thread.Check the thread Title.