Game-Labs Forum

no-PVP-zone

The successful game with all its love put into detail and in all its complexity is probably not very interesting for a large group of players.

However, this group is much larger than the current online numbers suggest.

The main reason in my opinion is the constant attacking of new player in their capital-area. New players are essential for the future of the game but just a hand full of players doesn't seem to get this and continue to attack while the game experience suffers.

Each one of us started and learned the basics of the game, including moving more than 100m away from his capital.

Even more experienced players suffer from those players as well. Even they need resources to participate in the portbattles, that make the game interesting.

This game will continue to have a decreasing amount of players if we can't get new players interested in the game and tie old players.

My suggestion would be a no-PVP zone, which is much larger than the present capital-area, so the beginners are at least allowed to learn the basics and gather ressources.

If we don't change anything, the game will soon be dead. Who doesn't see that, has not understood the numbers of players in recent months.

Edited by FireRat
  • Like 1

This has been suggested before even to the point of making the entire Gulf area a non pvp area. The thing is, the warnings about attacking new players has been brought up time and time again and yet low level players are still being attacked and any suggestion towards protecting them is not only dismissed but things that were in place to help protect were removed or decreased in size to the point of being worthless. The devs were informed about what was occurring and instead of increasing the protections for new players, they chose to listen to the seal clubbers argument that veteran players would hide in the protected zones. So now there is nothing other than playing at odd hours when the russians have gone to sleep. Nothing will be done to aid new players, this has been proven time and time again. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Its called the Peace Server.

An with attitudes like this, the war server will be pretty peacefull soon aswell, population numbers are already dropping again.

Almost all MMO's have no-pvp area's, there are alot of players who lile to do a bit of everything, just like me..

Sometimes i like to pvp, sometimes i like to fight AI to get away from the gank squads, sometimes i like to craft and trade..

A nice middleground with a safe no pvp area must be possible and it will do only good for the game, and raise player numbers.

I cannont understand why you sealclubbers are so incredible stubborn, the only reason the previous safe-zones didnt work was because it was some lame - half hearted attempt.

The sealclubber way doesnt work for sure either, and will surely get this game killed.

• Like 2

Its not an attitude, it's a simple fact.  I started on the PVE server and I feel it's a perfect place to learn the basics.  I have also continuously stated that the capitol zones should be 3 times bigger than they are now and I also argued hard against removing the green zones.  As far as being accused of being a seal clubber (I live in Canada, so....), I don't check birthdays before I tag, and I don't feel I should have to.  I sail all over looking for a fight and when a target presents itself, I engage.  Sometimes its a really good fight and yes, sometimes its easy.  The area where I die most often is near a capitol.  You can't save the game if the mechanics are specifically designed to cause these issues.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Razee said:

An with attitudes like this, the war server will be pretty peacefull soon aswell, population numbers are already dropping again.

Almost all MMO's have no-pvp area's, there are alot of players who lile to do a bit of everything, just like me..

Sometimes i like to pvp, sometimes i like to fight AI to get away from the gank squads, sometimes i like to craft and trade..

A nice middleground with a safe no pvp area must be possible and it will do only good for the game, and raise player numbers.

I cannont understand why you sealclubbers are so incredible stubborn, the only reason the previous safe-zones didnt work was because it was some lame - half hearted attempt.

The sealclubber way doesnt work for sure either, and will surely get this game killed.

Its called the Peace Server.

• Like 1

There are as many seal clubbers as Admirals confused about what server they want to play on.

But...

A character transfer ( combat and craft ranks only; forfeit assets ) from Peace server to War server ( with no rollback ) after the player hits Rear Admiral would be more interesting than safe zones in War server ( that, let's be honest, were more used by Admirals  ).

my 1 and half cents

• Like 5

Just now, Hethwill said:

There are as many seal clubbers as Admirals confused about what server they want to play on.

But...

A character transfer ( combat and craft ranks only; forfeit assets ) from Peace server to War server ( with no rollback ) after the player hits Rear Admiral would be more interesting than safe zones in War server ( that, let's be honest, are more used by Admirals than the newcomers... ).

my 1 and half cents

You could even do it after a week on the peace Server when he is an M&C.  I wouldn't even object if they were able to bring over a certain amount of assets. Say...100k Reals and 2k Doubloons?  3 ships?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

Missions close immediately, on OW if you attack a ship/fleet with higher BR the battle will close in just 2 minutes. I think it's more about new players not understanding the rules.

So players not having access to guides and/or being morons is the reason for the constant kills around KPR within the first week after release? The ENTIRE reason that EVERY account was rolled back to zero was a failed attempt to protect new players (at least that was the lame ass excuse we were given). This way everyone starts off at 0 and has to build up. It was a theory that fell flat on it's face within days of release because some seal clubbers could easily do the tutorial and get into a Hercules and go hit the capital area and wipe out new players by the handful with little to no effort. The biggest problem with this game is that there are too many A-hole players who get off on being bullies and beating the crap out of low level players and there is absolutely nothing in the game to deter from this and in fact it is rewarded if you think about it.  The game has always been centered around making a select group happy at the expense of others.

Hello FireRat, you are totally right

And if i see the most posts here, everyone knows why.

The most guys here are not able to view with the eyes of the newbees. The argumentation, they should go to pve-server is foolish. All the guys have to pay for both PvE an PvP and it is the duty of the DEV´s to install pretty fair live and combat cpnditions on every Server and for every player.

I speak for my clan and my nation France. I am so sick to see how many newbees enter the game, try to establish and then failed and give up (after they were sunk 10 to 20 times in their small Trader ship). For me i never attack small Trader to safe These guys. I estimate, alone of French side we had about 100 new Players, which left game again.

I am so tired and so sick to see that.

You are very privileged (all thing changes to your favour) and you are not willing to change a few things to a better entrance. So the game will slowly dies. 

And why that. My prognose: After a certain time the player population falls under a critical point. Than you are alone and then you getting hello kittying boooorrreeed and also left the game and that´s it.

Ferdinand de La Salle

1 hour ago, Staunberg said:

It is as it should be on war. War will never be a High pop server. Devs realized it now I think.

If the war server is only about RvR and PvP, then why are their trade missions and trade goods? Both of these could be easily removed and have the rewards for pvp increased to pay for the manufacturing of materials for ship building. Along those lines the war server  should have been modeled after war thunder or world of warships. Remove the economy and just install a function where money is generated by sinking other players.

The reason there are more than just pvp on the war server is that not everyone is a pvp player. Some prefer to support the clan they are part of by generating funds or assisting in gaining experience by doing missions (this is against AI not players). There used to be a fairly large market for selling crafting hours in the creation of the various parts used in ship building. With the streamlining of ship building this market was eliminated and now you have players with labor hours and nothing to do with them if they are not a crafter.

• Like 1

I understand what you are saying and in part agree. The problem is that the devs focused almost 100% of their efforts onto the war server and made many mistakes along the way. Only now is the peace server getting any attention and it may be in an attempt to give the players that have gotten so sick of the crap on the war server that the devs want to offer some kind of an optional place to play. My concern is that it could be too little too late. Over the last 3 years I have seen many good suggestions and a truck load of bad ones. Funny part is guess which pile was used to draw from  and implemented? Even the front line idea though initially was viewed as a good idea, it quickly revealed some major flaws in its design. Flaws that have yet to be addressed.

Guys, why do you have to ask that question again with the PVP server?
PVP = war. Initially, all conditions on this server were created for the PVP wars. PVE was more of a bonus. If you are not ready to play in conditions of war, it is better to go at once to a peaceful server. 
Do you like to fight with the NPC more? Your choice is a peaceful server.
Well, why do you need to constantly raise the issue of creating and expanding security zones on a military server?
Now money is easily and without special losses earned by trade transportations. There is no need to buy goods, to risk them in transportation. Grabbed or bought a trading brigade and went ahead on the road. Captured a ship? So you have not suffered any losses. Only you lost time. Yes, it can be a shame.
Maybe we should just stop being afraid of losing the pixel ship?

• Like 1

Let's create "Rooky missions" nearby capitals where no one can join but single player (mission creator) or his group against "Rooky AI's" with 1v1 combat ratio.

Let's create "Blood missions" nearby capitals where no one can join but single player (mission creator) or his group against "Dangerous AI's" with 1v2 combat ratio.

And for those Factions without capitals, they could create these same missions from their "most developped" port.

• Like 1

The area around the capitals is not very interesting from the economical point of view (no port bonus). Why don't reestablish the reinforcement zone, where enemy players may join within the first 2min and defenders may join whenever they want.

There is then a slightly higher risk for attacking there, but new players won't be jumped and have the chance to recieve some help.