Game-Labs Forum

Allow clan leader to create custom officer ranks

We need more ranks and we need ability to adjust them.

In fact, remove Diplomat and Officer ranks altogether.

Allow us to make our own rank, name them and give them specific privileges/responsibilities.

The abilities that we need to be able to assign to custom ranks are:

- Recruit new players (send clan invite);

- Promote to specific rank (for example recruiter can promote from recruit to member;

- Give adjustable access to clan warehouse. Limits or restrictions are set for each rank. For example clan’s ship crafter may withdraw specific amount a day of some specific resources;

- Clan warehouse access: View content (yes/no), withdraw limit (yes/no) if yes opens windows where you can set limit per time per resource;

- Clan warehouse should have sections. We need ability to assign different sections to different player ranks, e.g. normal members gets access to specific sections where they can take anything they need without limit. There should be sorting section so all items that goes to warehouse at first go to sorting warehouse;

- In such there will be warehouse manager role;

- Ability to promote or demote ranks (recruiter may be able to give the recruit member rank, but cant give officer rank etc.)

- Ability to set message of the day (pop up window that all clan members get on login);

- Ability to take hostility mission. Yes because its clans politics etc, clan leader needs to be able to restrict that if he wants to specific officer rank. If thats not an issue then clan leader can set that anyone in clan may take hostility mission, but as clans grow, it would be good idea to restrict newcomers to potentially cause so political issue for the clan;

- Ability to manage port etc;

There are quite a few more that I have in mind and I’m sure other will comeup with more. Bottom line is, devs dont need to think on what ranks should be in the game. Just give us ability to make our own ranks and assign all the above parameters. This will make running the clan so much more immersive

Thanks for your attention

• Like 15

If like %15 of your suggestions made into the game, no it's too good to happen. I am sure it needs NASA level programmers and computing power to achieve this... 

How hard can it be, dividing clan warehouse into few parts to set access level? 

Your suggestions are must have in this game, hope it happens one day. 

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

If like %15 of your suggestions made into the game, no it's too good to happen. I am sure it needs NASA level programmers and computing power to achieve this... 

How hard can it be, dividing clan warehouse into few parts to set access level? 

You suggestion is a must have in this game, hope it happens one day. 

Roles management tools are actually pretty easy and requires basic level of programing. Just sayin

• Like 3

a clan ship dock as well thats tied to the clan warehouse so that clans can properly store ships that are being crafted in a clan warehouse port. like having 12- 18 slot capacity added to the clan warehouse menu for ship deposits, that way clans can store ships for members rather then taking up the shipcrafters personal dock space.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@admin today we had one of the pirates clan warehouse robbed by one of the officer’s. They took everything. Now their clan mates pissed off. Some leaving to another nation. Some leaving the game altogether. Should there be more customization of the roles as proposed in OP this would have not happened that random people or officers on probation get access to clan warehouse. This need to look into asap. Please consider to give this a desired priority.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2019 at 2:24 PM, koltes said:

today we had one of the pirates clan warehouse robbed by one of the officer’s. They took everything. Now their clan mates pissed off. Some leaving to another nation. Some leaving the game altogether. Should there be more customization of the roles as proposed in OP this would have not happened that random people or officers on probation get access to clan warehouse. This need to look into asap. Please consider to give this a desired priority.   

You are dealing with pirates mate... pirates steal and take... I see no problem with this... it brings possibility of subtrifuge and espionage into the game as well. All this being said... eventually someone could still just steal everything anyway weather there are more ranks or permissions or not....

Don't get me wrong though.... I support your ideas, they wont solve the problem of trust though. A wise old man one time shared some wisdom with me and here it is... you can be wealthy or you can have friends... but its a choice you see. :)

Edited by LIONOFWALES

10 hours ago, LIONOFWALES said:

You are dealing with pirates mate... pirates steal and take... I see no problem with this... it brings possibility of subtrifuge and espionage into the game as well. All this being said... eventually someone could still just steal everything anyway weather there are more ranks or permissions or not....

Don't get me wrong though.... I support your ideas, they wont solve the problem of trust though. A wise old man one time shared some wisdom with me and here it is... you can be wealthy or you can have friends... but its a choice you see. :)

Pirate players are just the same players as everyone else. Thinking otherwise is absurd.
It is not the "trust" we want to solve, but the roles that filters who is allowed what.
When we're screwed while having such tools, then its our own fault.
When we don't have these tools, then being f..cked by scammers is built-in the game. Just a matter of time or you will never have a fully functional clan (read Community)

Edited by koltes
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...