Game-Labs Forum

The Blackboard - Duel PvP content

Browsing through the current discussions regarding Raids has lead me to the following idea:

Have a blackboard - a list of players for every ship ingame, going by their sucess

For example, Trincomalee blackboard would list Players from 1 to 15 (or more, not sure). Number 1 being the most successful captain. If you want to get up in the list, you need to challenge the captain above you. So if number 2 wants to become the ships champion, he needs to challenge nr. 1. the one challenged then gets a certain amount of time, say 48 hours, to react. If he doesnt, its a loss and they Swap positions on the blackboard. 

Important: in order to make it fair, both captains should be given the same ship to use by the game. No mods. No books. No ship loss. Perhaps perks.

I would also suggest to make ir best of three since two out of three wins tell more about a captains capabilities.

The battles would be held in the former small battle instances.

Perhaps the champion of each ship would get access to a unique paint not accessible in any way - maybe a full Golden paintscheme. Or get an additional title, e.g. "trincomalee champion" which is displayable instead / in addition to the regular rank.

This game is still lacking duel content imho. 

Issues I see:

How can two captains agree on a date to have the duel?

How does a captain get on the bottom of the list? 

I think these issues are managable though somehow. :)

What do you think?

Edited by Liq
  • Like 13

48 minutes ago, Liq said:

Important: in order to make it fair, both captains should be given the same ship to use by the game. No mods. No books. No ship loss. Perhaps perks.

Sign me up for any true lobby-based content and while we are at it bring back the other lobbies that were already formerly available to us. 

d1a32ad8abf38a77ad8baa00fc44fa54.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Barbancourt said:

Fleets are vastly more fun than duels.  Make it clan fleets

We can have both. The artificial scarcity is created by the higher powers to drive us into a state of perpetual war in order to satiate their lust of violence and destruction of our other man. 

Edited by Mr. Doran
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Barbancourt said:

Fleets are vastly more fun than duels.  Make it clan fleets

Personal preference i suppose

Personally for me anything ranging from 1x1 to 5x5 is where the most fun is at - and we're still lacking content for those kind of battles.

New raids should be nice to get 5x5s. Yet 1x1s are left out, they deserve their place :)

• Like 1

On 5/7/2019 at 6:35 PM, Mr. Doran said:

Sign me up for any true lobby-based content and while we are at it bring back the other lobbies that were already formerly available to us. 

d1a32ad8abf38a77ad8baa00fc44fa54.png

Never forget the small battle challenge!

On 5/8/2019 at 12:12 AM, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Moving the solo PvP zone outside the normal zone would help as well.

I would like this kind of tournament on a weekly or monthly basis.

Especially because SP being in the center on one hand makes the soloist easy prey of passing gankers.

On the other, ends up in weird uses of SP itself.

• Like 1

Just now, Wraith said:

"Weird uses" meaning hiding out to avoid being attacked.  I think it makes complete sense to split PvP zones, having alternating solo vs. gank in deep vs. shallow each day.

So you could segregate the solo from the gank zone......two widely separated areas on the map.  Then I can hunt right outside the new solo zone.  Not that I would do that, because Pirates are honourable...

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

"Weird uses" meaning hiding out to avoid being attacked.  I think it makes complete sense to split PvP zones, having alternating solo vs. gank in deep vs. shallow each day.

I met plenty of ships hiding in SP... and me too used it to avoid ganks.

Differences: I will be glad to fight in 1v1. Others run or avoid SP.

For both I do not mean segregated areas (and there are problems reciprocally tagging if 6th vs 5th, while both requins and niagaras stand more a chance vs herc/pand/cerb), means just right out of it.

• Like 1