Game-Labs Forum

The Naval Action Seas NEW vs OLD

NA WATERS  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the OLD NA SEA or THE NEW NA SEA is better

• Old Sea (bigger waves, rougher waters)
    • New Sea (calmer and easy to sail)

I wanted to post this old video from Naval Action to ask people what they thought of this older version of the sea in Naval Action. It seems a lot more interesting. 
Rougher and bigger waves with a lot unpredictability, not always having a chance for perfect broadsides. 

Edited by Oldseabaguette
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

Old had rough and calm sees, what we have is medium with no variation. Old would probably work well with the new DM and hold space to fire mechanic so you could fire in bursts.

Yes, I thought the same thing about the new DM. I guess then the question would be.. Is it better to have the variation or not. I thought it looks more lively and fun. 

• Like 1

The old was 10 times better. Now we are sailing more in a lake area and not in the sea. Also no weather variation in the battle, no bigger waves somethimes who making a different gameplay too.  Why ignoring the DEV`s all this poll`s and votes?  We the Community , we only want to make the game better for all.

And a statement from the Dev`s about this theme would be also nice.

regards

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aster said:

As much as I want this back. Everyone would die to leak shots with waves like that with pretty much nothing you could do about it.

Correct me if I am wrong, but leak resistance is an invisible stat for each ship? Could increase it across the board if that's the case.

this topic was explained multiple times before

In sea trials battles were instanced and every type of the sea required its own server. So there was a server with a storm sea and server with a calm sea
As water is on the server to avoid hacking and to provide everyone with the same picture (all ships going up and going down)
Because hackers ruin pvp games - lack of hackers is a better feature for pvp games than lack of sea variety.

And we cannot afford having many servers to provide multiple types of waves.
Would you pay 14 dollars per month for a server which sometimes has storm seas? 
Would you pay for the game where hackers can change the wave in the client and hide behind it at all times if water is not on the server? 

PS. storm battles were not popular
(you did not lose ships for leaving battle in sea trials) - 90% of players left them creating lines of stationary hulks with white flags on both sides, turning them into a joke). 

• Like 11

But weather like fog banks or complete fog battles are a thing. At least we had/have it. Only minimap is spoiling the fun there because everyone can see with it trough the fog.

What you can see should only be visual on minimap.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, admin said:

(you did not lose ships for leaving battle in sea trials) - 90% of players left them creating lines of stationary hulks with white flags on both sides, turning them into a joke). 

While I didn't see to many of the actual battles but man when ya'll had those heavy storm waves in OW it was a pain in the butt.  Couldn't see nothing, my poor little Trade ship was all over the placed while I was hunting for ship wrecks (back when you pop them and they could be on the other side of the map).   It was as you hinted not the funiest experience. I mean once in a blue moon is one thing but back than it was very common to have a storm roll in just about any time you where online and have bad RNG luck like myself.

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

But weather like fog banks or complete fog battles are a thing. At least we had/have it. Only minimap is spoiling the fun there because everyone can see with it trough the fog.

I see it like the whole GPS map thing.  While it might be fun for you, but it might not be fun for every one else.  We all ready have a problem with folks that run into each other and fire upon team mates cause they don't check that map.  Just think if we had fog of war added to that?   Now what I would love to see is a fog of war to the big map.  One that is effective by your exploring.  List only capitals and main big ports on the map, but have every thing else show up once you explore that area or port.  Than add some achievement/bag to it.  @admin even if you can't do the map thing, the exploring Achievement/mission thing might be some added content.  Have a reward for visiting every port on the map, or smaller rewards for certain regions.

17 hours ago, admin said:

this topic was explained multiple times before

In sea trials battles were instanced and every type of the sea required its own server. So there was a server with a storm sea and server with a calm sea
As water is on the server to avoid hacking and to provide everyone with the same picture (all ships going up and going down)
Because hackers ruin pvp games - lack of hackers is a better feature for pvp games than lack of sea variety.

And we cannot afford having many servers to provide multiple types of waves.
Would you pay 14 dollars per month for a server which sometimes has storm seas? 
Would you pay for the game where hackers can change the wave in the client and hide behind it at all times if water is not on the server? 

Sorry @admin if you have already explained it, I haven't been around that long so I had no idea why it was gone. Is it not possible to have a random type of sea assigned to a battle when it starts? (with the exception of storms with heavy fog and heavy rains) 

I don't understand how it relates to hacking, just thought it looked fun. If it is impossible, it's impossible. Thank you for the explanation anyway. 

If only 1 type of sea is possible, maybe it could be considered to make a bit rougher? An always calm sea adds nothing to combat but even a slightly rough adds a new layer to a battle. 

Edited by Oldseabaguette

8 hours ago, z4ys said:

This is brilliant. Terra incognito on the mini map. We just need fog battles back.

• Like 1