Game-Labs Forum

Patch 30: Combat and boarding feedback

Just now, Thonys said:

Hmmm," this is best idea"? 

it would be 

3-5 minutes and no BR.

after 1o minutes you are shot to pieces already, where do you need help for ...if they are not coming in the first 5 minutes they are not coming at all (mostly)

this is mayby u and people like u not comming.

Yestreday for example and I can show many such examples:
In first 10 min stream SWE gank me 8 vs 1. After 15-20 min to my battle comming Moskal and Dron and was a good battle.

than my clanmate say, they have big battle near Viques. After 15-20 min we have maybe 2-3 big battle with +- fair setup

so it all depends on the people. 

1 minute ago, Captain Reverse said:

this is mayby u and people like u not comming.

Yestreday for example and I can show many such examples:
In first 10 min stream SWE gank me 8 vs 1. After 15-20 min to my battle comming Moskal and Dron and was a good battle.

than my clanmate say, they have big battle near Viques. After 15-20 min we have maybe 2-3 big battle with +- fair setup

so it all depends on the people. 

True..

and distance. and location. and many other things as well.(population -cheats-and other strange inhabitants -restrictions ..but that is just speculations )

5 minutes ago, El Patron said:

yesterday was a battle from friends. friends side 800br - enemy side 900br. battle was closed after 2min. I could not join

The battle is closed after 2 min when the BR is equal with a certain margin. It seems that (900-800)/800 = 12.5% is inside this margin and therefore considered equal. 

Thank you for reporting the BR, it helps to understand the mechanics. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, van Veen said:

The battle is closed after 2 min when the BR is equal with a certain margin. It seems that (900-800)/800 = 12.5% is inside this margin and therefore considered equal. 

"I could not join"

exactly the point of it all .

why should i bother to sail and find it closed...

BR has to go...if you ask me(oh sorry i said it already)

why make it so difficult; 3- 5 / or 10 minutes to all and close and no BR

captains in the battle can not even tell you what the battle rating is (mostly)

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

i think thats not working with the br

bellona (500br) vs my Santi (900br)

after 5min or so

another bellona (500br) joint on the enemy side. 

christian (600br) joint on my side

2 more ships joined on the enemy side.

thats ok but why they can join on my side. after the 2min was my br higher,.

my side should be closed.

That's why I do not understand the mechanics

56 minutes ago, Moscalb said:

@Xemko @Aerospace I don’t know what to say)) Why should I fight on the fir Victory against the heavy ocean and Ingermanland. In Jamaica. Why am I not crying on a forum about how the British, instead of fighting 25 to 25, attack my bellona 6 in 1. Why should I ask my friend to wait outside? In addition, we did not agree on a duel. So I don’t care about it)) British Zerg players are the last to whom I will give a fair fight having the opportunity to kill them in the majority. Aero you remember fight 3x bellona, agamemnon & ingermanland? very fire fight... as well as all the battles that the British provide... except for some players like @Liq And after the fight with you, we again fight against a zerg (with you) :)
Btw record from this evening: https://youtu.be/LICZl4DdOxs 😉

That inger was trying to run from you and I joined. The guy exited the battle, you and me dueling, I ask you "are you running" you said "no". I do not know if your ship is Fir or Bermuda. That means you are very fast, I am no problem to you as you could run away easly but you kept me in battle. Your friend joined, that was cheap and low life. 

If your Victory is Fir why did you stay in front of KPR in reinforcement zone? You started another battle just next to capitol zone in your FIR!!! Victory??? 

Be a man, be an adult, be a captain with honour, do not lie shit.

Come again but tell us you have FIR 1st rate, so our proper 1st rates will not fight you, we watch you sink our smaller ships.

Btw you speak like a little girl "ohh please I have a PINK FIR VICTORY okaayyyy??? How can I fight you, you would rape me like last time we met, so I call my sister, together we make a man with a little pickle and tiny balls after that we can have courage to fight".

That is what I saw, have a good day,

the little girl with a pink fir Victory. 

9 minutes ago, van Veen said:

The "margins" are not working as they supposed to be. For example, a trinco attacks a surprise, the difference of br is not much but suficiente to keep surprise side still open, then joins an Ocean on the weaker side. A battle between 2 frigates becomes stupidly unbalanced.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cabral said:

The "margins" are not working as they supposed to be. For example, a trinco attacks a surprise, the difference of br is not much but suficiente to keep surprise side still open, then joins an Ocean on the weaker side. A battle between 2 frigates becomes stupidly unbalanced.

Surprise vs Trinco is BR 130 vs 270. That is a big difference: (270-130)/130 = 107.69% is not within the margin. 

yesterday in the battle

after 8min the 2nd bellona and the hermione joined on the enemy side (thats 1215br vs my Santi 900br) after that battle was still open

after 10min christian joined on my side + 600 br

after 12min agga joined enemy side

Edited by Guest

Just now, van Veen said:

Surprise vs Trinco is BR 130 vs 270. That is a big difference: (270-130)/130 = 107.69% is not within the margin. 

Now add Ocean br on the side of surprise and tell me the difference.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, El Patron said:

i think thats not working with the br

bellona (500br) vs my Santi (900br)

after 5min or so

another bellona (500br) joint on the enemy side. 

christian (600br) joint on my side

2 more ships joined on the enemy side.

thats ok but why they can join on my side. after the 2min was my br higher,.

my side should be closed.

That's why I do not understand the mechanics

Can you report exactly the times at which what ship joined? The way you described it, it is not possible to tell what happened when and what ship joined when exactly

We have seen that ships with a lot of BR still can join the weaker side. Interesting question is what happens if this flips the formerly strong side then becomes the weak side. Does the 20min open now apply to the new weak side (formerly the strong side)? 

7 minutes ago, van Veen said:

Can you report exactly the times at which what ship joined? The way you described it, it is not possible to tell what happened when and what ship joined when exactly

We have seen that ships with a lot of BR still can join the weaker side. Interesting question is what happens if this flips the formerly strong side then becomes the weak side. Does the 20min open now apply to the new weak side (formerly the strong side)? 

20min timer isnt working. 

5 minutes ago, El Patron said:

yesterday in the battle

after 8min the 2nd bellona and the hermione joined on the enemy side (thats 1215br vs my Santi 900br) after that battle was still open

after 10min christian joined on my side + 600 br

after 12min agga joined enemy side

Interesting.

That actually means the Bellona + Hermione flipped the weak side, so that the Christian was able to join your side, flipping sides again so that the Aga joined. Did the second Bellona join first or the Hermione? My bet is: it must have been the Hermione, Bellona should have closed the battle (margin then would have been 11.1%). 

Is this correct?

Time	BR 1	BR 2	Margin	Open	Ships
0   	900 	500 	80%   	both	Santi vs Bellona
2   	900 	500 	80%  	2   	Santi vs Bellona
8   	900  	1215	35%  	1   	Santi vs 2 Bellona, Hermione
10  	1500 	1215 	23.5%	2   	Santi, Christian vs 2 Bellona, Hermione
12  	1500 	1555	3.7% 	none	Santi, Christian vs 2 Bellona, Hermione, Agamemnon

I'm impressed. That system is actually really cool! It flips the weak open side multiple times over until finally equality is achieved. 

Awesome! Love it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Reverse said:

man, battle open 20 minutes with not fair BR. U have 20 minutes to call help.

but yea, cry on forum - this is best idea 

Drone joined 1:12 so only 2 minutes to battle closing. I could call no one as my BR is higher than this. I could only call when Drone joins which is 2 minutes before battle closes and out of reinforcement zone, not close to ports. Moscalb had an option to leave the battle but he did not, he used the new game mechanics to win, but only his team is 2 vs 1. So that is what he did, you can watch the stream.

@Moscalb it was funny British let Drone to exit the big battle, they should sink him easly during boarding, may be they know drone and they did not wanna kill him, I can not find another reason why they let drone go waiting for battle to finish due to 1:30 battle time.

I was a bit angy with you, so forgive my overreacting you little girl in a pink fir victory. See you in a fair battle o7

BR 

ingermanland and 3 indiamans in fleet against a Bellona

no join for the Ingerman

BR has to go ....

or fleet should not be  counted

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Moscalb said:

I'm sorry, but I only see one silly girl here, stop crying 🙄🙄

But you must admit, Dron was very smart to wait for the 20 mins to almost end and join battle. If it's fair? Time will tell.

14 minutes ago, Cabral said:

But you must admit, Dron was very smart to wait for the 20 mins to almost end and join battle. If it's fair? Time will tell.

Dron was coming from the port. Barely had time to join in fight

2 minutes ago, dr0n441 said:

bla-bla-bla. They didn't kill me because they are noobs. I had more chance to kill them , but boarding saved santi. 

We never see you in fair battle because fair battle  is impossible for you ! You are crying as baby about bad pirates who use new mechanics to gank 2 v 1 but you never fight 1 v 1) If you join battle then this battle 20 v 1.

gl crying baby

I do not understand why you are so defensive :) 

I do fair battles but if you come our capitol waters, do you expect a fair battle ? This is not an excuse if you are trying to find one, just be a man do not try to find excuses. Say like a man "I am pirate captain, I do not give a hello kitty about fair fights, when I have the opportunity I do everything to win, that is what pirate does". Than I say okay you are MAN, not little girl in a fir pink victory.

Me and moscal was fair for example 900 br to 800 br, until you joined with another 1st rate. The battle was outside greenzone, you joined at exactly at 01:12 :) 

Why does it hurt you when I speak about it ? I was angry and I am sorry. My anger was to the new ROE, and of course I personaly would not do what you did, that is not my personality. That is your character, I respect you guys as pvpers but I do not respect that kind of behaviour for anyone. If admin let's gank happen in this game, you have option to do it, you enjoy it, but I do not. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

3 hours ago, El Patron said:

friends side 800br - enemy side 900br. battle was closed after 2min.

50 minutes ago, Aerospace said:

Me and moscal was fair for example 900 br to 800 br, until you joined with another 1st rate. The battle was outside greenzone, you joined at exactly at 01:12

Now this seems strange. First example closes battle at 800vs900, second example keeps it open at the same ratio. 

Or is it because there is a difference between 800/900 and 900/800? 

EDIT: not a problem. BR numbers probably incorrect. 

Edited by van Veen

I joined a battle outside Sant Iago last night (in Endy).  It was about 12 minutes in and a Brit player (PFrig) was boarding a AI LGV.  I was far away but he was so focused on his Boarding mini game that he did not see me coming.  I was able to get close and sink him. 

I'm not liking this 20 minute timer!  I feel that my entry into the battle so late was completely unfair. I was probably down by La Navasse when his battle began, which in reality would have been several days sail away. 

• Like 2