Game-Labs Forum

Missionchest really?

46 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

When it's good, it's good. When it's bad, it's funny :D

Did you ever think about the effort of new players to pass the mission?

31 minutes ago, Draymoor said:

We do have too many upgrades that nobody really ever uses. 

Ok so what you intend to tell all the new players? No need about the books exept you have seldom one which you will buy for a goodprice?

They really need to figure out these loot tables.  Basic mods should only drop in safe zones and mission 7-5th rate missions.   All the good mods should be in loot tables for PvP kills missions and OW none safe zones fleets.   It drives me nots when I kill SOL's and I get stupid basic mods (actually do use a few on some builds).   Than you go to the treasure chest and epic missions and the last few times we done them it wasn't worth it if you lost a expensive ship the loot you get.   So folks stopped doing them.

5 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

They really need to figure out these loot tables.  Basic mods should only drop in safe zones and mission 7-5th rate missions.   All the good mods should be in loot tables for PvP kills missions and OW none safe zones fleets.   It drives me nots when I kill SOL's and I get stupid basic mods (actually do use a few on some builds).   Than you go to the treasure chest and epic missions and the last few times we done them it wasn't worth it if you lost a expensive ship the loot you get.   So folks stopped doing them.

an overhaul is needed indeed, chests with basic stuff is not the way to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Draymoor said:

I would rather have more that actually have a point and are useful than a bunch of useless items. 

obviously that is the best solution but when have we ever been able to achieve that? Half glass full. 

I'd be really miffed if I spent the time to sink 12 Essex' to then get a garbage mod

Consider a solo casual player like me, I have about 2-3hrs max to invest a day. I need to find the Essex first in OW and sink x12. Say i do this at a rate of 1-2 a day (finger in the air estimate, I have some time to spend over the weekend) A fair estimate would be about 5-12 days to complete. The effort/time invested is substantial so the reward should reflect this.

3 hours ago, Teutonic said:

The chest may suck sometimes but that's the luck of the draw.

Did you loot all the ships as you did the missions? Sometimes that is the more rewarding part.

+1 there should remain a random element - you should be able to be lucky and unlucky.. have winners or losers

Looting the ships en route to completion shouldn't really outweigh the end reward. The reward is at the end. It should be better than the stuff you get enroute

The newbie who embarks on their epic multi day adventure who then feels a bit disappointed when the drop is meh will not want to grind another 12x ships thereafter. If the drops are good, the opposite might be true

Solution:

Potential solution might be to tweak the chest loot tables to favour high end mods? I've not given any thought to balance or any other factors.

I agree the end reward for the missions should always be good. 

It is possible that the loot tables for mission rewards need tweaking. I haven't personally found issue with the rewards...but I also haven't been actively hunting npcs. I just attack fleets at random. 

I try to have a diverse amount of missions and I guess my viewpoint is that the mission rewards are like an extra bump, not the main reward itsself.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 3

I don't picture the reward as some treasure chest I dig up, but more as a reward from the admiralty. They gave me a mission and I completed it. Now its time for them to pay up, not have me choose between door number one, two or three. Every chest of the same type should be filled with items of equal value to every other chest of the same type. They may vary as to specific items of course, but must remain consistent in value. Otherwise why should anyone bother except as a novelty?