Game-Labs Forum

New search and hunt missions... really?

1 minute ago, Ganking Simulator said:

Interesting, I thought most wanted a different RoE for PvP zone and actual safe safezones 😮

My bad then.....

And we go back to what I originally said when commenting on this thread. Instead of forcing players into enemy waters where people are waiting to jump them, the devs could have just fixed the Patrol Zones and made everyone happy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Thousands? Really?  When was the last time you saw thousands of people in-game?  

Let's shed the hyperbole here and get real. What's your end-game content? What are you striving for? Do you really want to see very other ship on the water being a first rate because they're so cheap? If you want a first rate then grind for it or join a clan that can provide the resources for it and convince them that you've earned it.  Easy peasey.

Don't get so grouchy because you can't sail your cheap 1st rates around with impunity anymore, knowing that losing them costs you nothing but a victory mark. And it's not my way.. if I had my way we'd playing a drastically different game, so don't put it all on me.  It's on this point, however, that I happen to agree with the change to limit the ability of every joe shmoe Rear Admiral to own and operate the most feared ships of the period... those which cost their respective governments significant percentages of their GDPs to produce.

There are billions of people in the world and hundreds of millions of people that play games with thousands of different reasons for playing.

You got what you wanted out of this game for the price of the game never having a large player base.

A successful game would allow the majority of people to have the fun that they want to have. This game is not one of those. There are tons of PvP games out there that do not require a lot of time invested to play. That is why they succeed and why this game is failing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Crusty said:

You still don’t get it. This area that you are showing is a hotbed for people seeking PvP. I can’t go there hunting PvE because I become the hunted by PvPers.

Ports like Cayman Brac are perfect to PvE around :)

Zw89on3.png

Other good spots are eg:

• Tantum Cuzamil and Xpu Ha
  • Perija
  • Santa Cruz and Manzanilla
  • Corrientes (when there's no Patrol zone event)
  • Trinidad and Sancti Spiritus

Edited by vazco
update

2 hours ago, jodgi said:

There is a contingent of forum posters that have asked that big ships would be a "clan effort" a lot like they say EvE ("the greatest sandbox on earth") is set up. 

I haven't heard from them lately, or maybe they're just quiet because they're happy?

I'm one of those guys and I'm happy. 2nd and 3rd rates could be craftable without doubloons though, which would be some kind of a compromise.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Crimson Sunrise said:

just go back to the old crafting cost it shouldnt cost dubloons to make ships just put a real price on it

No.

P.S. You can buy doublons. So your "put the real price" is invalid as it is already there. Doublons is just another resource.

Edited by Aphilas

6 minutes ago, Crimson Sunrise said:

then whats the problem then with switching dubloons for reals

Because it's the only resource that can be, among other ways, gotten through PvP and is in a way limiting factor to amount of rates.

Edited by Aphilas

3 minutes ago, Aphilas said:

Because it's the only resource that can be, among other ways, gotten through PvP and is in a way limiting factor to amount of rates.

I still don’t understand why you feel that 1st rates need to be limited in the OW. The only problem people ever complained about was Port Battles being nothing but 1st rates. Simple solution was to limit the number of 1st and 2nd rates in port battles. Devs couldn’t do that. Nope. Had to make them to expensive to replace so that people would stop sailing them taking away the fun factor for a lot of people in game.

7 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

I still don’t understand why you feel that 1st rates need to be limited in the OW. The only problem people ever complained about was Port Battles being nothing but 1st rates. Simple solution was to limit the number of 1st and 2nd rates in port battles. Devs couldn’t do that. Nope. Had to make them to expensive to replace so that people would stop sailing them taking away the fun factor for a lot of people in game.

Top PvE players killed 800 PvE ships in a month, according to data admin posted. If they pick up Search & Destroy missions coupled with Hunt missions for rates they are farming they are getting 130-150 doubloons per killed PvE ship as mission rewards. That's over 100k doubloons top farmer has generated from mission rewards alone. Add in loot which also can be doubloons. That's about 30 bellonas or 11 oceans worth of doubloons. In a month.

Stop whining and start thinking how to get your stuff. If you can't get enough stuff, time to settle for something smaller. According to capabilities. Just like any other game (bar p2w) or even RL - the more effort you put in, the better stuff you have.

Edited by Aphilas

Just now, Aphilas said:

Top PvE players killed 800 PvE ships in a month, according to data admin posted. If they pick up Search & Destroy missions coupled with Hunt missions for rates they are farming they are getting 130-150 doubloons per killed PvE ship as mission rewards. That's over 100k doubloons top farmer has generated from mission rewards alone. Add in loot which also can be doubloons. That's about 30 bellonas or 11 oceans worth of doubloons. Stop whining and start thinking how to get your stuff.

yes top pve players this is not accounting for most of the players that dont dedicate several hours a day to this game, it basicly means any casual player cant replace 1st rats let alone risk their current firsts. so tell me what about those players that dont join clans or arent able to play for hours at a time its too costly to replace these ships simply changing dubloons which are usually acquired and sold at high price for reals this allows trader type players to make enough to make them rather then being at the mercy of player market. they werent before and they shouldnt be now they shouldnt force players to be in clans to make these large vessels it turns alot of players away from the game by making it tailored to who can spend the most time grinding 

6 minutes ago, Crimson Sunrise said:

yes top pve players this is not accounting for most of the players that dont dedicate several hours a day to this game, it basicly means any casual player cant replace 1st rats let alone risk their current firsts. so tell me what about those players that dont join clans or arent able to play for hours at a time its too costly to replace these ships simply changing dubloons which are usually acquired and sold at high price for reals this allows trader type players to make enough to make them rather then being at the mercy of player market. they werent before and they shouldnt be now they shouldnt force players to be in clans to make these large vessels it turns alot of players away from the game by making it tailored to who can spend the most time grinding 

Yes, let's give everything to everyone for free! The need for instant gratification without putting in any effort these days is shameful.

Jump into any ship and go cap bot 5th rate. Go to Patrol. No matter how bad you are in PvP you will surely manage to get 5k damage done. That's 600 doubloons. You could have had that done already today if you actually did stuff instead of whining on forums willing to get stuff easier.

Done that? Pick up hunt and search and destroy missions for every 5th rate type. Sink some bots. Bam you're up to 1k doubloons per day. Spending about 2-3 hours per day. That's 30k doubloons per month. 9 bellonas.

Edited by Aphilas
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Henry d'Esterre Darby said:

I'm honestly curious - if you don't want to PvP, why do you play on the PvP server? I play on PvE mostly because I don't have a lot of time to play and end up in a big PvP scrum at the moment.  I'm not saying "get gud or play PvE", I just don't think most of us understand why you would play on a PvP server and complain that there are other players out to kill you.

I enjoy PVP but do a significant amount of PVE on the War Server as well. Let me take a stab at answering this.

I have a dream that one day many of the activities that are called PVE on the War Server are not just against a machine, but matter to your nation’s well being and war effort. Trade and crafting that are not only good for making one captain rich, but that actually provide a good or service necessary to the whole. There is actual player need and demand for the things players build, buy, and sell. I’m hoping that ultimately we have a more complete and diverse player world. THAT is where I would like to see smarter AI: better simulation of events in our little Caribbean world.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Aphilas said:

Stop whining and start thinking how to get your stuff. If you can't get enough stuff, time to settle for something smaller. According to capabilities. Just like any other game (bar p2w) or even RL - the more effort you put in, the better stuff you have.

I only see you upset and whining. You and people like you whining that You had to put to much effort into finding PvP. And now you tell me to put more effort into the game. Classic 

2 hours ago, Crimson Sunrise said:

very true crusty this game is now oriented to the pvpers and the rest are paying for it

there isn't enough people left in the game for  pvp to even be a goal of the game. NA=pve only game. 

as admin has already shown. the most kills the best players obtain per day on players is a maximum 5. with most players going a whole day without killing another player. 

8 hours of gameplay for 2 kills..... no thanks. ill go play something else and let the carebears enjoy their game that admin created for them. with safezones/forts/massive ai fleets to keep people safe/and a huge map to hide in. 

Edited by Hethwill the Red Duke
respect others - comment removed

This whole thing since the  patch is just shit...  Lost 5 ships since the patch that cost me about 100k to build each... always a pay to win ship like herc or le req was involved in the loss... right now in the middle of nowhere got ganked by 3 pirates... two of them in hercs... the insurance is useless because loss was 100k... insurance was 13... Its just not worth it... you send people in the middle of nowhere to hunt... to get killed with stuff you cant make enough money to replace 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Old Crusty said:

Again, you just don’t get that hundreds of us really enjoyed this game before the big update. There was always the threat of meeting an enemy player when hunting AI and that was good. Now it is almost a certainty to meet an enemy player and the server population is very low. 

What will happen when a thousand people are on? You will not be able to leave your home waters without getting into PvP. For those of you that think that that is all the game is, then you are happy. For all of us that wanted a lot more out of this game, we are unhappy. 

The thing is if they would have gone the route of fixing the Patrol Zones and maybe adding a couple more and kept the AI fleets the way they were, everybody would have been happy. There are a virtual ton of games out there that are nothing but PvP that is not as much of a time consuming pain in the ass that this game has been made into.

so just come out and say that you don't want to have to leave your safe zone. that you want to be able to just sit in the safe zone and wait for ai ships to sail into it so that you can farm without any threat. cuz that's the way it used to be. 

9 hours ago, Old Crusty said:

Again, you just don’t get that hundreds of us really enjoyed this game before the big update. There was always the threat of meeting an enemy player when hunting AI and that was good. Now it is almost a certainty to meet an enemy player and the server population is very low. 

What will happen when a thousand people are on? You will not be able to leave your home waters without getting into PvP. For those of you that think that that is all the game is, then you are happy. For all of us that wanted a lot more out of this game, we are unhappy. 

Thats how the game was for over a year, you couldn't spit without running into an enemy player, the servers were full, and content was everywhere, yet PvE'ers could still farm that French 3rd rate fleet that sailed by Cabo all day, KoC and I would laugh about it in US nation every time the calls went out that the fleet was near.

• Like 1