Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - New Economy feedback.

I like the patch overall, the only problem I have is this constant teleport fee. Sure, 10 doubloons only but with holdings all over the map it adds up to ridiculous amounts especially when there are only 150 players online. I have to TP all over the place to find people to fight, maintain buildings etc. No way in hell I'm going to sail for 6 hours in this game, not fun.

1 minute ago, Ruby Rose said:

its not but now u'll see less lineships out and about hunting for players it will moslty be 5ths and dlc ships, so not much reward for going after large payout ships of players, this patch makes having the dlc ships more necessary to do daily grinding

Lord you can cry.

give it a rest and stop trying to talk for everyone its getting old fast.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ruby Rose said:

yep u'll likely now see mass fleets of hercs and requins as they cost nothing to replace, another flaw in the game 

2000 dubs from a tbrig compared to ur 500 from a 5th rate, and yes i know hence why i keep emphasizing the problem

All the mid to large 5th rates are plenty of a match for a herc and they have no doubloon cost so they are just as affordable as they were before.

• Like 3

Just now, Le Raf Boom said:

I like the patch overall, the only problem I have is this constant teleport fee. Sure, 10 doubloons only but with holdings all over the map it adds up to ridiculous amounts especially when there are only 150 players online. I have to TP all over the place to find people to fight, maintain buildings etc. No way in hell I'm going to sail for 6 hours in this game, not fun.

I know it seems a lot but if you hit 1 AI trader, you should get enough BD for 10 - 20 teleports. 

Just now, Aster said:

All the mid to large 5th rates are plenty of a match for a herc and they have no doubloon cost so they are just as affordable as they were before.

that is correct but if u were to choose between a lo/wo herc which didnt cost u any resources to redeem, or a built large 5th which costed u resources to make, on one had herc no cost redeem every 24h's can have up to 4 of them or a ship u have to build urself and use resources. the herc is a better choice if ur hunting

17 minutes ago, Guear said:

Т.к. в русскоязычном разделе нет темы не только для фидбэка но и патчноута, то оставлю это здесь. 

Уважаемые разработчики, вы планируете снизить стоимость переброски кораблей в те же 4-5 раз, в которые порезали награды за миссии?

это баг

сегодня правят и выдаем

Just now, Le Raf Boom said:

Yeah, I tried that, I sank a number of trader brigs/lgvs and no doubloons. I overall spent 2 hours doing PvE for big total of 83 doubloons.

and its the same with pvp no guarantee on high payouts either but u have a higher chance with pve then u do with pvp, 

34 minutes ago, TheHaney said:

Not sure if it's intended or not, but moving any crew at all onto a captured ship completely negates rewards for defeating it, even if you sink it afterwards. I could be wrong but I don't recall that being the case before; I assume it's a side effect of the in-battle changes to ship capture? Sinking immediately after capture grants kill/assists, sinking after moving crew does not.

I dont understand the problem … can you rephrase? 

Is the doublon loot from AI completty random?

I made some tests and boarded about 10 AI traders and 10 AI warships.

The only ship I looted doublons from was an AI trader in an enemy savezone, but there where also 3 traders in (1 in enemy savezone) with no loot at all. Those three times I got a message in the lootbox („Failed perform call method“ ???)  that I did not understand and the trader was empty. I did not get any doublon loot from AI warships.

So, let's actually give some feedback on the latest drop.

First of all - seeing all that bullshit, I wish the patch was released with full wipe. That would save us tons of pointless crying on the forums.
However, that's not the case, so let's just start with the fact:

Great move with the Doubloons. Really!

Finally, PvP might actually become a PvP. Cause unfortunately most of the time as for now was PvT or ganks 4v1 etc. Why? Cause they were easy money. Hooray!
No longer valid. If that's a step towards less ganking, and less picking up traders, I'm totally for it!

Maybe a good solution would be a generous rewards for weekly PvP leaderboard?
For example whoever wins the weekly leaderboard, gets awarded with f.e. 10.000 doubloons?
Of course, that would require some adjustments to prevent sniping the small ships of players or ganking.
Maybe something dmg based? Or BR based? Definitely something to talk about.

Small problem with warehouse

Ufortunately, plenty, plenty of things have same picture. I use to keep all "recipe ingredients" in one place. Having all those Spanish sail clothes, French, all the other dozens of material with all the same picture... That has to be adressed. Maybe at least a small font with the name on the picture? Don't know...
But definitely, hovering over every single square, just to look what is it actually? Not a good call at the moment ;)

Solution on teleport fees

Well, I said it earlier, but maybe a good solution would be to charge the person only when he actually leaves different port then we was docked. Not on the teleport, but on the exit from the port. 
As for now, there is way too much jumping around (shops, contracts, missions, etc. etc). If we cannot do it remotely, please switch the charge for leaving the port (Port fee) not for getting there. Me personally (and probably many others as well), I leave port for every 3-4 jumps? 

Also worth considering would be just switching the currency - let's pay with Reals, not with Doubloons which seem to be more premium currency with much bigger demand.

Need to sail bit more about my feedback on AI fleets.

• Like 1

one major flaw with ur idea of reward for top of leaderboard is the PVP leaderboard was based on how many pvp marks u accumulated from kills rather then from how many players u sank, with the new currency u cant track based on dubloons as u can acquire them from pve as well.

9 hours ago, vazco said:

In my understanding PvP player won't be able to do only PvP, he will be forced to do PvE. That's something we already tried before, with bad results.

From what I understand none of those PvP activities are profitable if you get 2000 doublons from killing an AI trader brig:

We doubt that you receive 2000 doubloons from every trader brig. Its an urban legend. But they can carry less or more depending on what they are trading and what they are bringing back. 

Whats important is this: every ship matter now and every npc or player ship can carry something exciting. PVP is profitable if you hunt people who are carrying something. 

3 PvE challenges will start on monday, and pvp operations, tournaments and conquest missions are not in yet. The game is not finished, unfinished soups sometimes feel weird.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, admin said:

We doubt that you receive 2000 doubloons from every trader brig. Its an urban legend. But they can carry less or more depending on what they are trading and what they are bringing back. 

Whats important is this: every ship matter now and every npc or player ship can carry something exciting. PVP is profitable if you hunt people who are carrying something. 

3 PvE challenges will start on monday, and pvp operations, tournaments and conquest missions are not in yet. The game is not finished, unfinished soups sometimes feel weird.

all the devs can do is hope that there is still enough players left to even implement those updates

one major flaw with ur idea of reward for top of leaderboard is the PVP leaderboard was based on how many pvp marks u accumulated from kills rather then from how many players u sank, with the new currency u cant track based on dubloons as u can acquire them from pve as well.

That's why I said the PvP Rewards should be talked over. A lot.

Maybe it would require a new leaderboard ranking?

F.e. amount of kills, would be distributed by the number of players participating in battle?

If You get a kill on 2v1, You just get 0,5 point towards the leaderboard.
If You win 1v2, You actually get 2 points per kill.

Then, on top of that multiply the points by the ship class factor (x3 for SOLs, x2 for Frigates) and there You have it!

Whoever get's most point at the end of the week, gets some huge doubloon reward and some chest?

A lot of players spoke in favor of making First Rates or SOLs in general more rare, for months. I was glad devs took over the idea and made them expensive. Of course now we have the counter wave of people who are used to bulldoze everyone else with a steady flow of easy replacable lineships. Those times are over. Great. It is the right thing. People can still have and use a First Rate, but they will think double before risking the ship. Like it's supposed to be.

Another, personal thing:

I read we cannot re-build buildings in enemy-owned ports. That is bad. I had my shipyard on PvP server in a port which was conquered by the enemy, the outpost itself isn't touched by this change. So why is the building? I think at least lost buildings we should be able to restore, if even they are in enemy territory, just for a transition period, like 14 days after patch so people can restore the status quo they had. Else I can't build ships or have to wait if my nation ever takes back the port, which, under present situation of France, is very dubious.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RKY said:

how exactly is it not rewarding when you get 500 doublon for 5th rate? and about 20k reals. it is actually even more rewarding than before. again you would know if you did pvp.

A 1st rate kill is 1000. AI traders can be more. 

17 minutes ago, Sir Loorkon said:

I got a message in the lootbox („Failed perform call method“ ???)  that I did not understand and the trader was empty. I did not get any doublon loot from AI warships.

its a bug.. investigating

• Like 1

Just now, OjK said:

That's why I said the PvP Rewards should be talked over. A lot.

Maybe it would require a new leaderboard ranking?

F.e. amount of kills, would be distributed by the number of players participating in battle?

If You get a kill on 2v1, You just get 0,5 point towards the leaderboard.
If You win 1v2, You actually get 2 points per kill.

Then, on top of that multiply the points by the ship class factor (x3 for SOLs, x2 for Frigates) and there You have it!

Whoever get's most point at the end of the week, gets some huge doubloon reward and some chest?

a big flaw with that is u cant prevent people from joining battles so a 1v1 could end up being a 14 v 3 or something similar a leaderboard based on kills wouldnt work out well for defending fleets 

3 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

A lot of players spoke in favor of making First Rates or SOLs in general more rare, for months. I was glad devs took over the idea and made them expensive. Of course now we have the counter wave of people who are used to bulldoze everyone else with a steady flow of easy replacable lineships. Those times are over. Great. It is the right thing. People can still have and use a First Rate, but they will think double before risking the ship. Like it's supposed to be.

Another, personal thing:

I read we cannot re-build buildings in enemy-owned ports. That is bad. I had my shipyard on PvP server in a port which was conquered by the enemy, the outpost itself isn't touched by this change. So why is the building? I think at least lost buildings we should be able to restore, if even they are in enemy territory, just for a transition period, like 14 days after patch so people can restore the status quo they had. Else I can't build ships or have to wait if my nation ever takes back the port, which, under present situation of France, is very dubious.

ur going to have to quote where sol's spoke in favor of making 1st rates more rare. rather then making them so damn expensive 

ur going to have to quote where sol's spoke in favor of making 1st rates more rare. rather then making them so damn expensive 

I don't have to do anything. Making "damn expensive" is quite the same as making them rare, don't you think?

Quotes? Just scroll down the list of the suggestion section of this forum and you find lots of threads discussing the overpresence of First Rates. As I don't want to spam this discussion with references to my own suggestions, which would look like self-promotion, you will have to find them yourself.

2 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

I don't have to do anything. Making "damn expensive" is quite the same as making them rare, don't you think?

Quotes? Just scroll down the list of the suggestion section of this forum and you find lots of threads discussing the overpresence of First Rates. As I don't want to spam this discussion with references to my own suggestions, which would look like self-promotion, you will have to find them yourself.

already back on page 7 on suggestions so not likely a topic that was well talked about and SOL from pve server isnt the same clan from PVP. sad to say it but making 3-1st rates extremely expensive to replace makes them less likely to be used outside of reinforcement zones

37 minutes ago, RKY said:

how exactly is it not rewarding when you get 500 doublon for 5th rate? and about 20k reals. it is actually even more rewarding than before. again you would know if you did pvp.

37 minutes ago, Ruby Rose said:

yep u'll likely now see mass fleets of hercs and requins as they cost nothing to replace, another flaw in the game 

2000 dubs from a tbrig compared to ur 500 from a 5th rate, and yes i know hence why i keep emphasizing the problem

I didn't pvp in the new patch yet but if it is right what RKY says, that you get 20k reals for pvp kill of a 5th rate, then it is way more rewarding than pve. Only regarding reals though except your enemy sails with a lot doubloons. Yesterday I took a L'Ocean out and sank a 5th rate fleet of 11 ships. Payout was "only" 26k reals.

Regarding doubloons I don't know it now. Just captured 2 AI LGVs and one had nothing but the with first one I had luck and he had 3368 doubloons on board. This was a matter of minutes. And atm I care much more about reals than doubloons. Sure I am not a crafter so my demand for them is not that high but with old contracts, prizes and people not accustomed to the new values yet, reals are what I need.