Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - New Economy feedback.

17 hours ago, evan said:

So a week ago I would have given this game highest rating, now probably pretty low if not lowest. You took away my two biggest sources of income, gold mining and cases, u added a ridiculous transport fee, made crafting waaaaay too expensive, and have these stupid dubloons which are way to hard to get. you took away open world tow to make trading far more dangerous.... im pretty much done with my favorite game i ever played... RIP naval action I will miss you.

+1

18 hours ago, evan said:

So a week ago I would have given this game highest rating, now probably pretty low if not lowest. You took away my two biggest sources of income, gold mining and cases, u added a ridiculous transport fee, made crafting waaaaay too expensive, and have these stupid dubloons which are way to hard to get. you took away open world tow to make trading far more dangerous.... im pretty much done with my favorite game i ever played... RIP naval action I will miss you.

Take a deep breath.  Shouldn't the profitable trade and crafting stuff change over time?  It might take a while to adjust, but you can't find a new profit source?  The teleport fee is indeed ridiculously punitive, but the tow with cargo was never an intended "feature" so it was always going to disappear.  The new distribution of things will take time to adjust to. 

1 hour ago, Barbancourt said:

How many insurance payouts are there going to be?  I'll normally lose 1 or 2 ships a month, and mostly cheap ones.  I'll probably make more money from fishing than I'll ever receive in "insurance".  Though, we really don't need insurance anyway since we make thousands from every PVE battle. 

The point is not that insurances are a major money print. The point is that they remove the major money sink.

On 11/3/2018 at 10:21 AM, rediii said:

Tradinggoods are not being dropped aswell Im pretty sure @admin @Ink

Trading resources delivery system has changed. 
Previously if traders were supposed to bring 40 resources to 40 ports they brought 1 to every port (1 per 40 ports)
Now trader brings full hold of indiaman (40 items 100 tons each) to 1 of the destinations. 

17 hours ago, Fargo said:

No matter what you pay another player for those doubloons, these reals arent leaving the economy. 

Could you explain how enough reals are supposed to leave the economy to prevent inflation?

Insurance covers cost + (including time). 
Insurance allows us to limit of losses instead of constantly increasing rewards to cover losses. 

8 hours ago, Fargo said:

I just told you thats not the point...

Imagine a bucket, and each day people throw reals into this bucket. No reals leave the bucket. See the problem?

if ships are not lost no system will remove the reals. These are only real daily money sinks.
1) repairs
2) crew
3) ship and upgrade recovery
4) potentially doubloon purchases to buy things from the admiralty or finance cost of high end ships
5) port costs

It is impossible to remove the reals without making the system money neutral on average. but in this case a lot of players will suffer. 

Well my money (reals) sink will be buying teak by the looks of it.. 

509 teak log for frames for a trincomalee I'm pretty certain that has doubled am sure was 250 teak log before patch so along with having to to back and forth for teak contracts.. it's a bit ouch....guess I will have to die less or look for easy wins....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, admin said:

Trading resources delivery system has changed. 
Previously if traders were supposed to bring 40 resources to 40 ports they brought 1 to every port (1 per 40 ports)
Now trader brings full hold of indiaman (40 items 100 tons each) to 1 of the destinations. 

Are these actual OW NPC traders? That actually sail up to the Port with those goods in the hold? and if we catch them before they arrive we can steal those goods and they don't arrive at the Port?

Edited by Hullabaloo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

Are these actual OW NPC traders? That actually sail up to the Port with those goods in the hold? and if we catch them before they arrive we can steal those goods and they don't arrive at the Port?

Seems like it. Try to grab a few pirate/privateer friends in the upcoming days and force a trade blockade. ( example, live oak port )

• Like 2

I think it was yesterday when I boarded an AI TBrig at Hat Island. It had White Oak Logs on board. As far as I can tell Hat Island isn't a White Oak port. So I'm wondering how the system actually works :o

Just now, Joernsson said:

I think it was yesterday when I boarded an AI TBrig at Hat Island. It had White Oak Logs on board. As far as I can tell Hat Island isn't a White Oak port. So I'm wondering how the system actually works :o

Maybe was coming from US coast ? :D

I think they don't do the full sailing but are generated "as if..."

Just now, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Maybe was coming from US coast ? :D

That could be. And now I'm uncertain if I captured him before he entered Hat Island or after he left Hat Island. Maybe he was bringing White Oak from Hat Island TO the US coast... :) 

yeah i think so too, shame, that would have been great

------------------

Just capped a Brit TBrig arriving at Mitara had 381 Mahogany and 572 White Oak. So that doesn't seem to fit. Nice Haul though (shame its the very opposite side of the map to my shipyard)

Edited by Hullabaloo
new info
  • Like 1

Now we have to accept we are in a new era.

There are problems, but it will be mostly fixed. Our money is denominated by 25, our pvp marks are gone, "1:1" is not a conversion they are gone, aside from that most prices have increased.  For example Hull Repairs were sold for 900 old gold by npc, denominate it, it should be 36 reals, I doubt it is 36 reals now. Ship prices has increased by big deal. Navy brig from npc was 49k old gold, it should be 2k reals but it is sold for 7k reals by npc. 13k for shop frigate which makes it 325k old gold.

We have to adapt to this new economy and move on. Fixes should be coming, I guess most difficult time for developers is now, to put things together, correctly. 

I still wait for hotfix which should fix "admirality pvp kill rewards" to be coverted to new system. 13 dubloons for killing a trinco, is like 13 pvp marks, but it is not, it is a transport fee. It should be multipled by fixed amount, plus the rng loot dubloons in cargo which we do not know who is gonna loot. But kills/damage/assists should be rewarded by Admirality.

Building an Agamemnon costing around 2500 dubloons plus wood plus labour hours. If I risk my ship for pvp, I expect to get 700-800 dubloons at least, at least ! How I gonna know I can sink 6-7 pvp players without getting sunk?

This is huge risk, no rewards system. @admin please check this matter asap.

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Now we have to accept we are in a new era.

There are problems, but it will be mostly fixed. Our money is denominated by 25, our pvp marks are gone, "1:1" is not a conversion they are gone, aside from that most prices have increased.  For example Hull Repairs were sold for 900 old gold by npc, denominate it, it should be 36 reals, I doubt it is 36 reals now. Ship prices has increased by big deal. Navy brig from npc was 49k old gold, it should be 2k reals but it is sold for 7k reals by npc. 13k for shop frigate which makes it 325k old gold.

We have to adapt to this new economy and move on. Fixes should be coming, I guess most difficult time for developers is now, to put things together, correctly. 

I still wait for hotfix which should fix "admirality pvp kill rewards" to be coverted to new system. 13 dubloons for killing a trinco, is like 13 pvp marks, but it is not, it is a transport fee. It should be multipled by fixed amount, plus the rng loot dubloons in cargo which we do not know who is gonna loot. But kills/damage/assists should be rewarded by Admirality.

Building an Agamemnon costing around 2500 dubloons plus wood plus labour hours. If I risk my ship for pvp, I expect to get 700-800 dubloons at least, at least ! How I gonna know I can sink 6-7 pvp players without getting sunk?

This is huge risk, no rewards system. @admin please check this matter asap.

i agree with ship prices only DLC ships or capped ships are worth using atm for PvP/PvE, becouse anything above 5th rate is too expensive

1 hour ago, Hullabaloo said:

yeah i think so too, shame, that would have been great

------------------

Just capped a Brit TBrig arriving at Mitara had 381 Mahogany and 572 White Oak. So that doesn't seem to fit. Nice Haul though (shame its the very opposite side of the map to my shipyard)

This is an issue for me.  If I capture a trader with a good haul of building supplies, i'm not going to transport it home.  Because we are hunting well away from our home ports now, the time involved is just too much for that.  Killing a trader is all about looking for Doubloons now.  If I get some, I can head to the nearest accessible port and put them in the chest.  I just have to remember to keep my chest no more that 75% full so that I have room for the Doubloons.  This is an annoying mechanic. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

i agree with ship prices only DLC ships or capped ships are worth using atm for PvP/PvE, becouse anything above 5th rate is too expensive

I think this is what the Devs want.  Solo sailing in a Line Ship could become a thing of the past. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angus MacDuff said:

This is an issue for me.  If I capture a trader with a good haul of building supplies, i'm not going to transport it home.  Because we are hunting well away from our home ports now, the time involved is just too much for that.  Killing a trader is all about looking for Doubloons now.  If I get some, I can head to the nearest accessible port and put them in the chest.  I just have to remember to keep my chest no more that 75% full so that I have room for the Doubloons.  This is an annoying mechanic. 

if the cost of the goods is higher than the price of your ship maybe would you risk taking a trader sailing it to the nearest neutral or friendly port?

• Like 4

On 10/31/2018 at 9:52 AM, admin said:

Please provide your feedback on crafting and trading, new currencies, loot drops from traders and combat ships and general monetary balance and inflation. 

Sorry to be negative, but I'm really disappointed to find that, since Patch 27, port-to-port trading is no longer the interesting adventure that I enjoyed before. Gone is the fun of seeking out those high-profit, long-distance trade routes, because profits have now been reduced so much.  Shipbuilding is also less fun now, in my view. Good work on the port UI, though.

Edited by Aldeveron
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I think this is what the Devs want.  Solo sailing in a Line Ship could become a thing of the past. 

they over did it atm even sailing crafted 5th rates is expensive, but is this planed or just effect of players getting used to new currency

Just now, admin said:

if the cost of the goods is higher than the price of your ship maybe would you risk taking a trader sailing it to the nearest neutral or friendly port?

I understand your point, but only a select few ports give a really good price.  Plus I always have a 5th and 6th rate hunt mission so killing them has more value.  I separate my gameplay between hunting and trading, and I've already learned how to make great money on trade, so it becomes just a waste of time to bring a captured trader home.  My particular type of gameplay, for sure, and as testing goes on, I may have to modify it. 

6 minutes ago, Aldeveron said:

Sorry to be negative, but I'm really disappointed to find that, since Patch 27, port-to-port trading is no longer the interesting adventure that I enjoyed before. Gone is the fun of seeking out those high-profit, long-distance trade routes, because profits have now been reduced so much.  Shipbuilding is also less fun now, in my view. Good work on the port UI, though.

profit is on average higher now. It is just you now have to search for ports that have those resources. Which is kind of delivers on what you described in your post "seeking high profit routes". It just works differently compared to old system. Now you can stumble upon a port that has 100,000-200,000 real profit potential (5mln old gold)

• Like 1