Game-Labs Forum

Ship Exp as DLC

Just a fast suggestion.

Adding as DLC some "ship experience pack" granting on redeem X.000 ship experience to be spent to fastly unlock books.

- No balancing issue.
- No more requiring hours and hours of mindless AI farming (I think especially to level up a SoL)
- Giving balancing chance for those having not so much time to devote to annoying activity like AI farming... and having not so much ingame time would prefer to log, look for a battle and log off.
- Less pain in case of Ship/PB balance changes (I remember we were unable to field 3rd Rates because simply nobody had unlocked books on them when they got a place in PBs).
- A nice cash flow for devs: useful to keep working on the game.

Please, do not reply:
Go and farm books: After x.000 played time some people cant be annoyed that way (especially now that cash gain in killing AIs is pretty low, and missions - only way to surely find target - dont give any reasonable extra XP with big malus of ZERO drop rate).
Nor reply go PvPing without books: it's plain stupid. Why giving away a 5 book gear edge to your enemy?

• Like 2

No problems for environment players, AI farming = gameplay, all good currently, in-fact we want more AI grinding, not less, DLC wouldn’t enhance much.

Anyway why aren’t you farming characters, isn’t that what PvPers do! suggestion doesn’t seem to be very community masterminded either.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Just a fast suggestion.

Adding as DLC some "ship experience pack" granting on redeem X.000 ship experience to be spent to fastly unlock books.

- No balancing issue.
- No more requiring hours and hours of mindless AI farming (I think especially to level up a SoL)
- Giving balancing chance for those having not so much time to devote to annoying activity like AI farming... and having not so much ingame time would prefer to log, look for a battle and log off.
- Less pain in case of Ship/PB balance changes (I remember we were unable to field 3rd Rates because simply nobody had unlocked books on them when they got a place in PBs).
- A nice cash flow for devs: useful to keep working on the game.

People complain about pay2win and this is a perfect example of that.

What's next a book dlc because its too hard to find all the books?

Please, do not reply:
Go and farm books: After x.000 played time some people cant be annoyed that way (especially now that cash gain in killing AIs is pretty low, and missions - only way to surely find target - dont give any reasonable extra XP with big malus of ZERO drop rate).
Nor reply go PvPing without books: it's plain stupid. Why giving away a 5 book gear edge to your enemy?

Have you tried to attack a large open world fleets or checked out an epic? The rewards are pretty great and the bonus is the XP.

Some people are just playing this game wrong.

Edited by Kawazz

1 hour ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Are you kidding?

How it is P2W: I only unlock ship knowledges without an ordalia of hours and hours mindlessly killing AIs.

Pay to win in video games is generally defined as a video game ecosystem where players can gain an advantage over their opponents by spending real life currency. ... Their developers and publishers will claim that ''players can either invest their time or their money in order to unlock items or progress through the game''. - google

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

It looks more P2P[-lay]: mindlessly killing AIs for hours is NOT playing. And usually not a lot enjoyable.

If you don't like killing AI, then go find some PvP. It rewards you with more xp and it's not as hard to find as some might tell you. Plus you could also try using some smaller ships. The smaller the ship is, the easier it is to unlock knowledge slots. I once unlocked 3 slots in a single PvP battle for the lynx, and all I did was shoot at the sails of a single enemy. Spending more money to give yourself xp is P2W. It would give players an edge over all others who are actually working to earn those knowledge slots. There's really no argument against that because that's simply what P2W is.

in my eyes it technically is not p2w since what defines p2w is paying real $ to unlock content you cannot possibly get in another way

ship slots you can still unlock normally

p2w would be a dlc which upgrades your knowledge slots from 5 to 8, which cannot be achieved by grinding ingame

(or just an uber op ship (alias hercules / requin? ))

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kawazz said:

Have you tried to attack a large open world fleets or checked out an epic? The rewards are pretty great and the bonus is the XP.

Some people are just playing this game wrong.

a) right today: 1 Pavel + 4 Bellona/3rd rate and 1 Connie killed on my Buce (OW fleet). Gain? 3500ishXP.
First Buce book unlocks with 3000ish XP, the second around 12K. Let's imagine the last 2.

Then make the calculation how many time I have to sink on that.

b) I farmed in a lot of games, WoW just to say. Here I'm at 2500+ hrs. Sincerely killing AIs is the most mind dumb activity to me now.
If I'd like to try the Santi... i'd have to devote a good week of my gme time only to get her books (if sufficient... aside FINDING the OW fleets).

Again: are we playing the same game?

52 minutes ago, Liq said:

in my eyes it technically is not p2w since what defines p2w is paying real $ to unlock content you cannot possibly get in another way

ship slots you can still unlock normally

p2w would be a dlc which upgrades your knowledge slots from 5 to 8, which cannot be achieved by grinding ingame

(or just an uber op ship (alias hercules / requin? ))

p2w isn't limited to content that is exclusively obtained by purchasing it. It's p2w when you use real money to give yourself an advantage over others.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Not a big unbalances... simply having to farm PvE less...

The game can be a grind, like many games are. That's the nature of MMOs. I don't think having players pay real money to skip all of that is fair for anyone.

PvE unlocks them way slower than PvP. Fives times slower. Even against a PvP loss PvE win will yield less.

( actually going versus AI in 1:5 odds will balance it out )

I'd say a good PB will unlock far more in the big ships than OW.

Frigate rate in OW and thrown into PvP will unlock them fairly fast.

Lower rates will do it in a couple battles.

Farming AI is a choice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

a) right today: 1 Pavel + 4 Bellona/3rd rate and 1 Connie killed on my Buce (OW fleet). Gain? 3500ishXP.
First Buce book unlocks with 3000ish XP, the second around 12K. Let's imagine the last 2.

Try Hostility Orders. Leveled the 3rd Rate. ~1.5k XP for 1 Bellona. Done in 10-15 minutes. If you sail them to pb's two or three slots should be enough to perform okayish in a fleet. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

PvE unlocks them way slower than PvP. Fives times slower. Even against a PvP loss PvE win will yield less.

I'd say a good PB will unlock far more in the big ships than OW.

Frigate rate in OW and thrown into PvP will unlock them fairly fast.

Lower rates will do it in a couple battles.

Farming AI is a choice.

It's pretty obvious that in the end 5th rates and smaller can be easily farmed both in PvE or risking them in PvP.
Speaking about 1st/2nd rates... first: a true lot grind needed. Secondly, not a ship to be thrown away in PvP and less chances to. Thirdly. Honestly, in respect of the group, I'd avoid PB without perfectly skilled and geared ship.

To @Latron : almost ALL MMOs allow to skip part of the grinding with real money. Because plenty players have a busy RL making them impossible to keep the pace.
EVE Online is an example. Recently WoW too... and partly in the past with already demi-capped characters.

And all this attention to P2W issues... and not to the real NA P2W = multiple account. THESE give an enormous cash and logistic edge over players... and the same efficiency can ONLY BE OBTAINED WITH MULTI ACCOUNT... so only by cash = so REAL P2W.

Really: hypocrisis.

• Like 1

That would be a hard pass from me... The point of ship knowledge XP is that you are rewarded for using a specific ship extensively and I don't see any need for it to be bypassed via some DLC. Also you will come to find that you can get the slot xp even faster with PvP. A few good PvP battles are enough to completely unlock a frigate...

• Like 1