Game-Labs Forum

Using basic cutters to deny opponent PVP Marks

I can get it when it happens once every so often but it's when people deliberately do it which is what one player after another was doing earlier.

It's more the fact that as I attack to sink, pretty much every time (even sank a 5/5 t/t Surprise) I don't care about the cargo. Marks are a universal currency and I'm too lazy to take books back to port.

Agreed, but what about sunk players.

You  have a Brig + 2 Traders Brigs in fleet. You got tagged. In the battle, the traders escaped but the brig is sunk. You got to the neares port if your outposts are far, and got in a Basic cutter with your fleet… if you can't do it, you will be obliged to open an aoutpost there, if you can (if you did not popped in an enemy port, and if you have slots available for new outposts. This, I never have.

So the game mechanics have to be modified to prevent hiding fleeets behins cutters.

20 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

A few times today I've had a few people coming out in basic cutters with ships in fleet in order to "hide" their real ship and to deny the opponent PvP Marks.

Solution:

I would suggest removing the ability of basic cutters to put ships in fleet.

the shuttle is only used for transport your clone from one station to the other station (no gun and a small hold)

we need a similar ship 

it rules out a lot of issues i think

the basic cutter can be used for this option (with no guns in pvp and armed in pve, not invulnerable, you can sink it)

also, the name can  be changed in fast cutter  (we never in history had a ship called basic cutter)

Edited by Thonys