Game-Labs Forum

TESTBED - MISSIONS FEEDBACK

21 minutes ago, John Sheppard said:

Can we get only 1 chest mission per port? can't seem to get another one after completing one

Every port has limited list of missions, refreshed once a day. Each mission can be done only once.

• Like 1

After i completed a Kill mission i sailed to port to collect my rewards and i got the rewards in my ship hold. Since Doubloons weight 5000 ship was of course overloaded and i dont think people the rewards in ship hold anyway. Imo it would be better if Doubloons directly go to reward chest and the chests for example spawn in port warehouse and as @Havelock already mentioned, would also be nice if you get a pop up when you open the chest, so you can see what you get, its hard to see, when you already have much stuff in warehouse.

One thing i also want to mention is: Why do you have to take mission for the Patrol zone? There is no downside, when you take the mission, right? I would suggest to do it like smuggler, everyone automatically has it. And maybe show a warning, when someone is about to exit the game, but didnt collected patrol rewards. Same with those weekly Events (which i really like :D ), why do we have to take it, if there is no downside anyway? And there maybe a warning on sunday or so.

All in all i like the new mission system since it supports sailing around in OW and im curious about how the new Delivery mission will be.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cmd Joseph Barss said:

Complexity could be distance from port of origin, type of targets and which rate to be used, correct ? Becomes the captain choice to decide lower complexity or higher, and maybe do the cruise sail to do the mission in several play days ?

Regarding kill missions
That was an old paradigm. New paradigm = what happens in mission determines complexity. Increasing distance does not increase complexity = it just increases time wasting. 

For search and destroy missions - type of target (if its a rare ship) determines time of sailing - if you are asked to sink rare ships - it will require more sailing but will give more reward.
We plan to adapt bot distributions to make hunts more predictable. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Roronoa Sensei said:

After i completed a Kill mission i sailed to port to collect my rewards and i got the rewards in my ship hold. Since Doubloons weight 5000 ship was of course overloaded and i dont think people the rewards in ship hold anyway. Imo it would be better if Doubloons directly go to reward chest and the chests for example spawn in port warehouse and as @Havelock already mentioned, would also be nice if you get a pop up when you open the chest, so you can see what you get, its hard to see, when you already have much stuff in warehouse.

Gold coins weights will be adjusted very soon. Coins will weight like coins. Current weight is an outdated mechanic.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, slik said:

Every port has limited list of missions, refreshed once a day. Each mission can be done only once.

Oh thanks that's what it looked like but today the missions haven't updated? i still have the same ones from yesterday. Is the server maintenance time same like the live servers?

11 minutes ago, admin said:

Regarding kill missions
That was an old paradigm. New paradigm = what happens in mission determines complexity. Increasing distance does not increase complexity = it just increases time wasting. 

For search and destroy missions - type of target (if its a rare ship) determines time of sailing - if you are asked to sink rare ships - it will require more sailing but will give more reward.
We plan to adapt bot distributions to make hunts more predictable. 

Yes, I was referring to the Hunt and Search and Destroy missions. The Kill missions are okay.

Thank you for the time you took to answer.

Very much looking forward to the updates.

29 minutes ago, John Sheppard said:

Oh thanks that's what it looked like but today the missions haven't updated? i still have the same ones from yesterday. Is the server maintenance time same like the live servers?

Testbed server has no usual maintenance, so missions list may be updated not that regularly

I feel like the rewards from chests are really strong, maybe too strong.

I got a lot of "rare" books, maybe it was just rng luck, but I would rather see mainly modules as rewards and the occasional knowledge book for loot.

Chests are easy to obtain with the missions, modules get lost a lot in pvp.

1 minute ago, GreasyMnky said:

I feel like the rewards from chests are really strong, maybe too strong.

I got a lot of "rare" books, maybe it was just rng luck, but I would rather see mainly modules as rewards and the occasional knowledge book for loot.

Chests are easy to obtain with the missions, modules get lost a lot in pvp.

Its a testbed :). Chests are there for testing and rewards are increased

22 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Nooooo, give it to us in the regular server as well.  It would help even the playing field with the vets and their super mods!

chests will be present in missions but not so often as now. (we need to test en masse)

1 minute ago, admin said:

chests will be present in missions but not so often as now. (we need to test en masse)

Ive been working on some missions and have found them very doable in most cases.  I have noticed for instance that you can look at a 5th rate mission and it requires the sinking of a 4th rate or higher.  Seems too tough.  I'm certainly avoiding them.  Is this a case of only elite players can touch them and win elite rewards?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, admin said:

is that also possible to integrate in pvp? for example ... in every 100th pvp battle is a ship with a gold chest

Edited by Christoph
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Nooooo, give it to us in the regular server as well.  It would help even the playing field with the vets and their super mods!

you dont need a super mod to be good.. having cartagena doesnt help if the ship is a fir fir ship and you dont angle. Although I must admit stacking mods breaks some ships e.g surprise with 135 mast thickness :P and connie with 87 hull thickness

Edited by Guest
re

3 minutes ago, Wyy said:

you dont need a super mod to be good.. having cartagena doesnt help if the ship is a fir fir ship and you dont angle

This is true.  It is also true that if you are already better than most of us, having a bunch of great mods that we can't match just makes you even more untouchable.  I completely reject this bullshit argument from those that have everything that it doesn't help them be better.

15 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Ive been working on some missions and have found them very doable in most cases.  I have noticed for instance that you can look at a 5th rate mission and it requires the sinking of a 4th rate or higher.  Seems too tough.  I'm certainly avoiding them.  Is this a case of only elite players can touch them and win elite rewards?

You can learn to sink 4th rates in 5th rates with some practice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Schwabbel said:

It seems a Gros Ventre is no 5th rate for the purpose of Hunt Misiions, this should be described at the Target definition

Did the mission description say specifically Les Gros Ventre ?

So far yet all the ones I took had the amount I had to hunt and the models. Like Indefatigables, Constitution, etc. Didn't see one with just the rate :) 

But then maybe trader models do not count ?!... hope so.

Also some variation for 7th and 6th rate missions to Trade raid ( sink / capture traders cargo ) would be great.

Just now, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Did the mission description say specifically Les Gros Ventre ?

So far yet all the ones I took had the amount I had to hunt and the models. Like Indefatigables, Constitution, etc. Didn't see one with just the rate :) 

But then maybe trader models do not count ?!... hope so.

Also some variation for 7th and 6th rate missions to Trade raid would be great.

It said 7x 5 rate and I had thaught the Gros Ventre is a 5th rate

• Like 1