Game-Labs Forum

Captin, we're safe! .. Are we?

Safezone...  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a 100% safe, high security, zone?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How many zones per nation should there be?

• I voted No above
    • one
    • two
    • more than two
  3. 3. Should the zone(s) be bigger, smaller or the same size as the current ones?

• I voted for no safe zones
    • Bigger
    • Smaller
    • Same size as current ones
  4. 4. Do you like the idea of several Security zones (High sec = no attacking possible, little reward, Low sec = attacking possible, more reward, battle is open longer)

• I voted for no safe zones
    • Yes
    • No

There are so many people in this thread claiming that 'safe zones' is the only place to find PvP yet most of them never actually fight each other... I find roughly 3-4 targets every day outside the safe zones. An avarage of 30 marks per day. I sail for three hours with each battle lasting 30 minutes. Yesterday was a slow day - all I got was a Diana and a Herc - we were two guys out hunting. We still had plenty of fun though, I'd reckon we weren't out for more than 1.5 hours.

So that's 30 minutes of OW sailing per battle (sometimes more, sometimes less).

Of course I have experienced 2 hours with nothing, other days you can top the leaderboard (No. 1) because you keep getting fights. My assumption is that if we double the player numbers you half the time it takes to find targets.

It used to be 15 mins in OW in the past.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Longshot said:

If there is on one who wants to fight, as you said; certainly they have something to do in game, just something different than constant shooting each other.

Correct, there's plenty to do. But if in PvP server and sailing around one is always in pvp mode - meaning you are accepting the risk & rewards. If in PvE server, then the subject does not exist, but i suspect you are not writing about a PvE server.

Safe zones is a 100% different subject. They are a odd limbo at the moment with some weird rules of engagement. And that's exactly the point of discussion. 

Safe zones should promote love for PvP in the PvP server, and not be a PvE server enclave. And that's the gordian knot.

• Like 1

But if in PvP server and sailing around one is always in pvp mode - meaning you are accepting the risk & rewards.

That's the theory and you're right. In theory. In practice there are many players on PVP server who for some reason are still there, not moving to PVE server and don't like or want pvp. Maybe creating pve faction or pvp zones, could help.

On the other hand its hard to understand why PVP players complaining about the lack of pvp fights; why not use a global chatbox and find someone with playstyle like yours?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Correct, there's plenty to do. But if in PvP server and sailing around one is always in pvp mode - meaning you are accepting the risk & rewards. If in PvE server, then the subject does not exist, but i suspect you are not writing about a PvE server.

Safe zones is a 100% different subject. They are a odd limbo at the moment with some weird rules of engagement. And that's exactly the point of discussion. 

Safe zones should promote love for PvP in the PvP server, and not be a PvE server enclave. And that's the gordian knot.

PvP in this game is no fun i keep trying too like it but sorry it keeps failing to make me like it and i do not want too go to PvE server becouse i would lose all my stuff. Safe zone promote nothing it just gives new players false sense of safety while low life raiders seal club and think they are good.

But hey if devs want this game too die they are on good road

6 minutes ago, Longshot said:

On the other hand its hard to understand why PVP players complaining about the lack of pvp fights; why not use a global chatbox and find someone with playstyle like yours?

Becouse most PvP players do not want too fight person with equal skill they want to get easy kill so they can ego trip while they are on leaderboard.

• Like 1

Just now, Lovec1990 said:

Becouse most PvP players do not want too fight person with equal skill they want to get easy kill so they can ego trip while they are on leaderboard.

Not all PvPers are duelists nor all PvPers are Zone farmers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Not all PvPers are duelists nor all PvPers are Zone farmers.

does it matter?

Most new players will be seal clubed and lost intrest in PvP then leave the game.Im telling you in this game most rewarding PvP is sealclubing duel is not intresting

Edited by Lovec1990

:( ... yes it does matter. 

It matters to the point where a veteran like yourself should be able to take a newcomer by the hand and welcome him to the harsh OW. Take him with you on an adventure and make him taste blood.

Disclaimer: It requires a lot of sailing in a sailing game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

It matters to the point where a veteran like yourself should be able to take a newcomer by the hand and welcome him to the harsh OW. Take him with you on an adventure and make him taste blood.

Only advice to new comer atm is go to PvE server

3 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Therein lies the problem.  Those who complain about lack of PVP are the ones who don't want to sail around for several hours.  They want instant gratification and that is why they go to the safe zones.  Many of us are happy with the sailing and hunting in OW.

• Like 2

Nowadays I have a bit more time, but during a long period did 2 hours day in day out doing the same corsair playstyle. So long hours is not really a thing, planning sessions is.

Like, maybe 1 day take time to sail and open a haven, maybe just sail around and reconnoitre the area. Next session go out for blood. 2 hours of sailing covers a lot of ground and is worth 1 good battle, or more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Palatinose said:

And yes I have farmed the shit out of KPR guys pre wipe

So, what's weird others doing the same?

And don't get me wrong: ganking and unequal battles are an essential part of NA

Indeed: this is a Warfare PVP game. Not an instanced duel/arena game.
So, again, what's weird/wrong in raiding?

I had four pvp battles yesterday. One in Victory with three friends at the french (37 marks), one Diana duel against this EXILE bitch which I once again lost so shameful that I have to tell it here, one 1 vs X at the Dutch in an Essex (32 marks). And at last a 1v1 against a dutch Aga Captian who attacked me at Willemstadt, again ship was Essex (blue 4/5, french rig, copper, navy hull, rattlesnake, medium guns) (11 marks). 

Missing the point: are you fighting only equal skill/gear enemies in fair battles? No. So. Still at the starting point: you (and all other elitists) have no moral standing to say me (or any other raider - OW or in safezone - what I can or cannot do.

Licinio I'm not sure whether it's my linear expanding antipathy on hit and run players or the exponentially rising dislike against your stubborn argumentation

I simply hate hypocrisy. And I see plenty in these forums.

#triggermebabe

Consider yourself #triggered.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Jamaica, just as an example, was heavily raided back then same as any other nation home waters, but it was a chase, a 2 minute entry battle ( or insta close ones ). We didn't have the luxury of having 10 minutes and positional spawning.

Are you kidding?

With 2 minutes open battle and the 2 circles, I'd lose 1/5th-10th of requins and killed 50-100% more british shipping.
So with an approximate calculation, I'd have 100mil worth stuff more... and I'd already stopped full time raiding.

I have sympathy for all raider types, but damn guys, you transformed this into a science. Literally you just "cut the chase"... there's no chase. Simply sit and wait and take advantage of the positional spawn to farm. Can't think of another word, sorry

Didnt a lot of people transformed mast snapping, or hull hugging, or kiting, or repairs mods stacking, or sternraking into a science?
What's strange making use of lecit RoE? Arent defending brits allowed to positional spawn? Is it my (our) fault if we're tactically better?

It is pure gaming the game... but alas is not the player's fault, but the result of our requests.

A gamer will always gaming the game and it's features.
Isnt, in the end, screening out a PB fleet a feature? and isnt it gaming (no PB fleet in = won PB) the game? and avoiding the balanced (same BR limit) battle?

Sorry to the guys we interrupted yesterday, but was a proof of concept. I simply don't understand why you all had the same comment in every single battle..

Minimum disturbance. Still dont make sense... as a Brit joined pirate side against you.

You failed in your assessment. We weren't helping brits. We were trying to fight zone gankers.

Would it be better if I will, on a weekly schedule, hunt in different zones every day?

2 hours ago, Liq said:

Oh wow this thread has gone somewhere.

But after reading through all of it, it seems like its just always going back and forth with no notable result.

A few months ago I was also against any sort of 100% safe zone, but time has changed my opinion. Smashing noobs at capitals will never get close to actual PvP (given that when I started the game I obviously was also a noob so I didnt see noob vs noob battles as a bad thing). Personally I dont get much joy from the chase itself, but more from the engagement and gunfire exchangement. Now I spend most of my time either in the nassau patrol zone or in and around free ports.

The guys defending no safe zones like the chase, and declare themselves as hunters. Fine. But cant there be a small safe spot for players to fall back and get their stuff together in parallel? Probably not at 400 players online. More likely at a full server. But in order to get there, there is a way to go. And THIS (see pic below) certainly isnt that way.

0222E02AD814AABDE8E04566AFDDC7DA0FA34F24

Nice pic. Our job. Would be this different with 2 Trincos side to side killing Bellona crew with 4x2 bow chasers loaded with grape? Or with 3 Hercules doing the same with 4x3?
Another example, BTW, like AeRoTR pictures, of our Requin team coordination (I do remember the battle: we were laughing really hard).

Really. What are we saying? that sterncamping is a bad feature? I do remember plenty "pros" bragging of killing 1st rates using Surprises in the past. What's different?

PS: and not to speak about of "definition of a noob/seal-clubbed".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Longshot said:

Honestly, I can't understand why PVPers players want to force into pvp people who doing there best to avoid pvp. 

In the instant someone chooses "PVP server" (in place of PVE server), he's formally saying he's a PvPer; experienced or not, skilled or not, rich and geared or not.
He's still stating he's a PvPer.

2 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

What's different?

The RoE.

Also, don't care about your reasons :) You do whatever you feel right. As I said, it is the game we have.

Please respect my opinion when I say it is gaming the game, and not hunting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Percival Merewether said:

Are you crazy? That's way too dangerous for them 😛

Again: NA looks like a warfare simulation with OW economy and politics. In a PvP enviroment. What's missed?
If people like an arena-like duel game, may be should play NA:L.
I people dont like OW PvP (with related consequencies) should choose the PvE server.

5 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

In the instant someone chooses "PVP server" (in place of PVE server), he's formally saying he's a PvPer; experienced or not, skilled or not, rich and geared or not.
He's still stating he's a PvPer.

Except there is no PVP server..  there is a Caribean server which is both PvE AND PvP and a PvE only server.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

The RoE.

Also, don't care about your reasons :) You do whatever you feel right. As I said, it is the game we have.

Please respect my opinion when I say it is gaming the game, and not hunting.

Mate. Am I the dev? did I set up this RoE?
No.

And your opinion is faulty. By the time you tag in OW, you're trying to get the best possible position (granted your prey and your ship). You will not set a mission like (head on, medium distance wind at beam for both) position.

So trying to get the best starting position is part of the game. And it's tactical sense knowing what to do.

As I already said: give me again the 2 circles and 2 minutes battle closed also around capitols... and I'd have 100+ mil more stuff at the moment.

Hush.

You totally did not read and too hot headed.

I am not against your gameplay. You do whatever you think it is fun for you.

But do not for a moment think the others will approve of your methods and I sincerely hope more captains go out to gank the gankers.

1 minute ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Excuse me: what's original name of this server?
Wasnt it merged with another server? what's the original name of the merged server?

PvP EU/Glabal and PvE it was when i came, but if they remove all PvE from carribean they will pretty much kill the server 

Just now, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Hush.

You totally did not read and too hot headed.

I am not against your gameplay.

I know. Still you consider it wrong. And it's rightful. Still you said our positioning is too "scientific". And I replied: give me back the 2 circles and I'd lose less ships and kill more brits.
It's not a RoE problem.

The problem is the density of targets in a few zones. Due to "safezone".
Give only a neutral starting zone PvP-free for new players. And let other "top rank" find their way. May be far away from capitols... and they'll get less farmed.