Game-Labs Forum

Wipe on release, 3-4 months?

35 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

AI grinding is still the most annoying shit in the world and grinding all ships to level 5 again will prove my point.

Even if people wont admit it, I agree with this 100%. I don't want to have to regrind all that bullshit again. I hate AI fleets, I hate RNG loot bullshit. They need to make all of the books acquirable via marks or some such process and allow us to bypass AI fleet grinding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rabman said:

Even if people wont admit it, I agree with this 100%. I don't want to have to regrind all that bullshit again. I hate AI fleets, I hate RNG loot bullshit. They need to make all of the books acquirable via marks or some such process and allow us to bypass AI fleet grinding.

Grinding is a choice, not a requirement.  If you don't want to grind, then don't grind. 

On 9/13/2018 at 2:25 PM, HachiRoku said:

Since youre such a smart ass tell me what you think a wipe will do?  Tell me what difference it will make if we have no books and knowledge after it?

Rare books drop rare in os fleets and epic events - We all know that and no testing is needed.

AI grinding is still the most annoying shit in the world and grinding all ships to level 5 again will prove my point.

Economy is BS. The economy patch will not make it better since there has been multiple attempts at it and they have failed. Books and knowledge have little to do with economy and once all players get their books again they will be completely irrelevant. Even if the devs fix it, it will be broken again because we could have 2000 players online on release. 

If you want to grind 500 hours for all that shit again be my hello kittying guest and don't worry, I will be gone if they wipe my stuff. As I said there is no way I will do AI missions again.  

Some of us were smart enough  to not grind for some overpowered books until actual release, because we understood anything is subject to change regardless of what the devs said. Some of us are skilled enough that we don't need said books to back us up in combat so there was never a big deal about grinding them in the first place.

As far as I'm concerned @Ink has already stated that shipknowledge and books (If I recall the posting correctly) is safe from wipes - I take that as seriously as I do the promise to keep rank and crafting level. I wouldn't mind losing my rank. I wouldn't even mind losing my crafting level.. But I am NOT grinding the ai ever again, the bots are as moronic as they have allways been, they turn into the wind for no apparent reason other than to waste their time, and mine. They'll gladly turn into a fully loaded broadside of double balls and they go round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round - with nothing more to show for it than a wasted time. IF they were to force me to grind anything EVER again - I demand they make the grind at least somewhat challenging and enjoyable. As it is atm - it's shit.

4 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

But I am NOT grinding the ai ever again, the bots are as moronic as they have allways been, they turn into the wind for no apparent reason other than to waste their time, and mine. They'll gladly turn into a fully loaded broadside of double balls and they go round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round - with nothing more to show for it than a wasted time.

Heh, they do love to spin.  But if it weren't for repairs the AI would beat me every time with their spinny sailing and laser guns. 

5 hours ago, Captains said:

Wooooow , soo smart ! Give him a diploma. 

Not exactly what I was getting at, but okay. Sure, give me a diploma. Give me a diploma for just playing the damn game, not grinding, since it hasn't even been released yet. Only an idiot grinds in a beta. The slots and books come naturally. Any other clever little quips you'd like to grace us with, genius?

On 9/13/2018 at 12:14 PM, Angus MacDuff said:

I admit to being very surprised by some of the established players on here who are very attached to some of these mods/books.  I have been playing since Xmas and have yet to see one of them, so I guess I don't understand their importance.  Are they really so game changing powerful that you cannot win without them?  I feel that if there were a total wipe (and we are assured there will not be), the best players would rise very quickly to the top of the heap regardless of any mods/books.  No need to grind as you're already the best in these circumstances.

Most of us don't care, it's the ones that rely on them because they need the extra edge to be competitive that are mad that they might lose their crutches. The rest of us never worried about the crutches to begin with because we assumed they would be toned down anyways, so it's really no big deal if they stay or go.

Edited by Werewolf

On 9/13/2018 at 6:14 PM, Angus MacDuff said:

I feel that if there were a total wipe (and we are assured there will not be), the best players would rise very quickly to the top of the heap regardless of any mods/books.

What is the top of the heap in this game in your opinion? There is no real PvP endgame, no ladder to climb or anything like that. All you can do is get fights and have fun. But it feels not really nice if you are at a constant disadvantage and the only way to solve this is grinding some braindead PvE for x hours.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

What is the top of the heap in this game in your opinion? There is no real PvP endgame, no ladder to climb or anything like that. All you can do is get fights and have fun. But it feels not really nice if you are at a constant disadvantage and the only way to solve this is grinding some braindead PvE for x hours.

We've probably all heard the story/fable of the guy hitting himself in the head with a hammer "because then it will feel good when I stop!" 

That is skillbooks in NA. Getting skillbooks only feels fricken awesome because of how annoying all the time before getting them is. 

Edited by Capt Aerobane
  • Like 3

On 8/14/2018 at 4:17 PM, admin said:

Rank xp, crafting xp is safe and guaranteed
Money, resources, upgrades owned and probably ships will definitely get wiped - some ships might get provided as a head start (including Pandora free DLC)
The rest (ship xp, books, skills, etc) wipe status is unknown and will depend on the multiple factors.

Expect the worst

Date unknown. Localization will take some time as well. 

On 3/14/2018 at 8:30 PM, Ink said:

all knowledge that you learnt will be kept unless that particular skill book will change

@admin @Ink

Okay Rank is safe Crafting xp aswell. But what is with the Tutorial-Stuff? Have we to do the Tutorial again or do we reseave the Tutorial-Items to redeem?

What i see what we have after Release/Wipe:

Map reset - Is logical/ confirmed?

Ranks-Crafting Xp - Safe/ confirmed?

Money resources - getting Wiped confirmed?

Ships - get wiped/ confirmed?

Buildings - get wiped/ confirmed?

Upgrades - get wiped/ confirmed?

Shipknowledge - ?decision open?

Skill-Books - ?decision open?

Ships we have after Wipe free Pandora DLC. When bought the L'Requin and the Hercules DLC-Ships and the Basic-Cutter. - Logical/Confirmed?

Tutorial and the Items - ??Open??