Game-Labs Forum

Le Req is changing the game!

Just now, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

Yes sir. It is one of the most coveted rewards. 

Ofc. That is why i see them so often in OW.(sarcasm off)

Requin spam is real on the other hand, costs real money, no other effort needed, but hey we are just "testing".( I mean playing the violin while the Titanic is going down)

Everything is fun as a joke :) It is a game after all 😎

Ok... Santas should be raining from the skies and everyone get one.

Suddenly there's absolutely NO PROBLEM with dlc if it is a Cecilia frigate... but if it is the xebec rig everyone loses their mind...

...right...

Laters o7

1 minute ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

Suddenly there's absolutely NO PROBLEM with dlc if it is a Cecilia frigate... but if it is the xebec rig everyone loses their mind...

...right...

Laters o7

Biased moderator, or doesn`t get it.

Either way, i guess you have no clue how much damage such "development" actions(Requin) in game do.

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

...right...

Laters o7

With a good reason unlike requin or hercules Santa is average performer and i belive most people would rather deal with frigate like Santa as raider than Requin becous Santa is classical frigate and performs like other frigates.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

With a good reason unlike requin or hercules Santa is average performer and i belive most people would rather deal with frigate like Santa as raider than Requin becous Santa is classical frigate and performs like other frigates.

Easy and appropriate explanation.

46 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Show me a 6th rate equipped with same mods having 335 crew.

I always think it’s funny when you bring up the crew things folks anti change to the ship slip the topic.  The ship close to the same crew is the Niagara which has 100 less crew.   Which with every crew mod/wood/refit out there can only get 232.  Still less than an in modded Requin.  I can load up all board mods and destroy that Niagara.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fenris said:

Show me a 6th rate equipped with same mods having 335 crew.

Do all 6th rates have the same crew?

Do all 80br ships have the same crew + gun count?

Br is bs for shallowships. It works for deep water ships because range is 90 to 700 and  is much bigger and allows more variety as 0-80.

DLC ships are ok.

DLC ships are fun to sail?

DLC ships bring more PvP?

DLS ships made NA to be alive?

So what is wrong with these ships?  Sounds like they finally got some action in Naval Action.

The question is what is wrong in the standard Naval Action as it is not able to achieve anything like this.

The willingness of many to embrace a game that mimic the risk and reward of being whatever type of naval officer, during the age of sail in the caribbean.

Or could also be, gear fear. A very often and modern way to put it.

27 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

DLC ships are ok.

DLC ships are fun to sail?

DLC ships bring more PvP?

DLS ships made NA to be alive?

So what is wrong with these ships?  Sounds like they finally got some action in Naval Action.

The question is what is wrong in the standard Naval Action as it is not able to achieve anything like this.

You don't get it do you? The point we are making is that dlc ships make other ships useless to a certain extent even if they are balanced. The bigger the dlc ship the worse it gets. They have to have an economical value in game. If it continues like this and 10 more dlc ships are added there would be 0 logic in sailing old ships. You need to have a bit more foresight on the impact changes will make. If dlc ships are made to be craftable and balanced correctly then they can be allowed into port battles and will not be an issue. The fact people even suggest that dlc ships should not be able to port battle is unacceptable imo. I want payed content but I want it done the right way. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

Do all 6th rates have the same crew?

Do all 80br ships have the same crew + gun count?

Br is bs for shallowships. It works for deep water ships because range is 90 to 700 and  is much bigger and allows more variety as 0-80.

The BR ratings of 6th rate ships is what is broken most in the game. “Every 6th rate ship has s BR of 80 so that they can enter a shallow water port battle” is it possible for you to see how ridiculous that is? Let me put it another way.

we are going to have a boxing tournament for 8 year olds. Because the organizers of the tournament wants all the people in my family to be able to participate, all people in my family will be considered 8 years old. 

First fight, my 23 year old 200 pound Cousin against your 8 year old Daughter. It is fair because in this tournament ALL Participants are considered 8 years old.

The Biggest problem with Le Requin has nothing to do with crew or speed, and everything to do with its BR. It costs the same as any other 6th rate to enter a port battle, but is twice as powerful. If you sink the Le Requin do you get a bigger reward? No. Only the same PvP marks as other 6th rates. 

The ship is a giant, Hypocritical, Game destroying, price of filth that is easily fixed except one problem.

”I bought it and spent real money, you can’t take it away”    Wweaaaaaa whaaaaaaa😩😰😪😪😪😪

• Like 1

A Xebec chose to suicide under the Carlisle fort guns rather than go down, was a certainty as all escape vectors were shutdown easy, by Privateer and Princes guns. Was testified by several GB captains which we chose to help purposely to show they can do it no problem. The GB captains all being in square rigs had their fair share with Tsar corsair ships in the same battle. 

( snappy salute to the Xebec captain o7 )

Hachi pulls a fairer point that the - that thing can kill everything - which is wrong.

( still waiting for twitch support to recover my vod which i deleted by mistake, the entire cruise was only non dlc 6th rates attacking everything that they could. Aggy with indef fleet under montego fort guns, the Xebec and company, being attacked by bait and friends, and ending in a explosion again by bait, was epic fun evening, all in highly dispensable ships - privateers and princes )

18 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

The BR ratings of 6th rate ships is what is broken most in the game. “Every 6th rate ship has s BR of 80 so that they can enter a shallow water port battle” is it possible for you to see how ridiculous that is? Let me put it another way.

we are going to have a boxing tournament for 8 year olds. Because the organizers of the tournament wants all the people in my family to be able to participate, all people in my family will be considered 8 years old. 

First fight, my 23 year old 200 pound Cousin against your 8 year old Daughter. It is fair because in this tournament ALL Participants are considered 8 years old.

The Biggest problem with Le Requin has nothing to do with crew or speed, and everything to do with its BR. It costs the same as any other 6th rate to enter a port battle, but is twice as powerful. If you sink the Le Requin do you get a bigger reward? No. Only the same PvP marks as other 6th rates. 

The ship is a giant, Hypocritical, Game destroying, price of filth that is easily fixed except one problem.

”I bought it and spent real money, you can’t take it away”    Wweaaaaaa whaaaaaaa😩😰😪😪😪😪

funny that i agree with you and shallow ships need love. But most do not consider them as real ships till they get sunk by one.

Shallow portbattles are BS.

I can do 8vs8 deep water battles. But why do i need at least 15 for a shallow one. Why pickle is 55BR and prince 80BR are double the crew and 8 more guns worth 25BR?

Shallow ships would need a own BR rating system with a wider range as 0-80BR in order to outline difference. 25BR is just to less difference. But again why put effort into shallow ships before herc and le requin nobody used them. Now flaws come to the surface that were ingame for such a long time.

So lets just nerf herc and le requin to shit because thats how its always done instead of change the game. -.-

Edited by z4ys

Dlc ships should be craftable it would solve PBs being for people who have paid for the ship. I recommend that you need to use pvp marks to get dlc ship permits THEN you craft from the permit.

Ive run some shallow pbs where we straight up banned anyone who wasnt in a requin.

6th rate ships do not need their own BR ratings. The “Rate” of the ship has nothing to do with BR It is perfectly fine to have a Le Requin with a BR of 150 and a Surprise at 155. 

Just balance the BR and PvP marks received for killing a ship, and no ship is OP

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

6th rate ships do not need their own BR ratings. The “Rate” of the ship has nothing to do with BR It is perfectly fine to have a Le Requin with a BR of 150 and a Surprise at 155. 

Just balance the BR and PvP marks received for killing a ship, and no ship is OP

imagine shallow ships would have the BR range of 0-200

All other ships get their BR lifted accordingly and deep water BRs as well so they stay the same.

Xebec could be 200BR

Hrattle could be 180BR

Prince could be 140BR

Privateer could be 90BR

etc

keep shallow portbattle BR limits  and suddenly they would make fun again. (in the sense of to not exclude non dlc owners)

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1