Game-Labs Forum

Remove random ships from ports

I think  all random ships should be removed from all ports, and only basic cutters would be available in each ports as a basic boat, which can be used if you  sink somewhere outside home waters.

Setting some kind of global shipmarket panel, where you could set contracts for ships for buy/sell, would make a first step into some kind of economy in the game.

14 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Has not much to do with population.Once its there, you need to adjust.

There wont be anyone left to adjust.

Older Players got their Ships and Crafters. So they wont care.

And New Players even now can barely pay the prices for crafted Ships.

Thus they will just leave due to the insane grind needed for buying a Ship from a Crafter.

Not that it matters too much right now cuz currently with all the Ganking no New Players stay here anyways.

But I really wonder lately if you guys think the Game aint dying fast enough.

Given how much effort many of you put into it to prevent new Players from somehow getting started im this game....

3 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Thus they will just leave due to the insane grind needed for buying a Ship from a Crafter.

Not that it matters too much right now cuz currently with all the Ganking no New Players stay here anyways.

But I really wonder lately if you guys think the Game aint dying fast enough.

Given how much effort many of you put into it to prevent new Players from somehow getting started im this game....

If you think so, quit playing.

• Like 1

i have ten ships in my docks for sale , but after 15 days they disappear, from the shop ..how fair 

now i have to pay again to put them on sale for the 3 rt time

how stupid is that ....

i do not get my paid tax returned 

Edited by Thonys

19 minutes ago, Powderhorn said:

There are many opinions as to how best move the game forward.  Hopefully, we can determine the most prudent course of action without insisting those who disagree leave.

Not insisting anything,or anyone to leave. Sick of complaining about everything.

If he can not "share his thoughts" he shouldn`t say anything then.

37 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Not insisting anything,or anyone to leave. Sick of complaining about everything.

If he can not "share his thoughts" he shouldn`t say anything then.

I shared my toughts.

And these are that you want to kill this Game by making everyone leave.

The Reason I am complaining is because people like you demand the Game to be turned more and more into.a Deathmatch Arena instead of an Open World Game.

Resulting in the Game being almost dead already.

And yet even after more than 60% of the Playerbase has already left. Instead of realizing that this is Bullcrab you demand it to become even more Deathmatch Arena.....

Thanks to your Brilliant Ideas of needing an Open Campfire instead of an Safe Oven. The House is on Fire.

And you dont even think about getting Water or Fireextuingishers.

Instead you think the best way to improve the Situation is to get large amounts of Gasoline into the House.

And Sorry. But by now its somehow hard to believe you guys actually want to have more Players.

Given how Toxic you and your Suggestions are. Its just far more Logical to assume that you actually Want all Players to Leave...

• Like 1

Yes to buy contracts.  But I also like AI ships in the shop.  It keeps costs down (ie is that 2 mil ship worth it if you get a similar, but not as good, ship for 500k etc) and for a casual player, losing a ship and not being able to replace it means their game time is over. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Clans usually give ships away free to contributing members

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Clans usually give ships away free to contributing members

Yes. But most People are not Interested in being in Clans :)

Right now I would assume about 30 out of 100 People in this Game to be in a Clan.

And at least half of them would quit the Game rather than Joining one cause they have absolutely no Interest in bothering with the Rules and "Contribution" required :)

Its one of the Misconceptions that many Games and many Clans themselves have.

They assume if they just Force Players into a certain behavior. The Players will obey and do what the Clanleader/Developer/Admin whatever wants.

Unfortunately. This is not like it works ;)

This is a Game. The Player has no Obligation and no Reason to do something he does not want. He Plays to have Fun. And if he has no Fun Playing. He will simply tell you to screw yourself and walk away :P

So if the Player is not Interested in Joining a Clan. He wont. And if you change the Mechanics to make it impossible to play without being in a Clan. Then these Players will simply Leave the Game. A few might at least attempt to Join a Clan. But thanks to their Personality will likely either be thrown out soon or will leave by themselves ^^

Sorry Guys.

But until we got an Sufficiently Large Playerbase. To actually Allow for a Player Run Economy.

This Idea is just not going to work.

If we had something around 2000-3000 Players Online in Average. This System would work. Cause you would likely have at least a few Crafter everywhere which would offer Competetive Prices for Players to Buy Ships.

But right now removing NPC Sold Ships would just result in a Massive Price Increase thanks to the few Crafters having a Monopoly and little to no Competition in their area. Thus demanding insane amounts of Money that new Players cant really pay.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Yes. But most People are not Interested in being in Clans :)

Right now I would assume about 30 out of 100 People in this Game to be in a Clan.

And at least half of them would quit the Game rather than Joining one cause they have absolutely no Interest in bothering with the Rules and "Contribution" required :)

They assume if they just Force Players into a certain behavior. The Players will obey and do what the Clanleader/Developer/Admin whatever wants.

This is a Game. The Player has no Obligation and no Reason to do something he does not want. He Plays to have Fun. And if he has no Fun Playing. He will simply tell you to screw yourself and walk away :P

So if the Player is not Interested in Joining a Clan. He wont. And if you change the Mechanics to make it impossible to play without being in a Clan. Then these Players will simply Leave the Game. A few might at least attempt to Join a Clan. But thanks to their Personality will likely either be thrown out soon or will leave by themselves ^^

Sorry Guys.

But until we got an Sufficiently Large Playerbase. To actually Allow for a Player Run Economy.

This Idea is just not going to work.

If we had something around 2000-3000 Players Online in Average. This System would work. Cause you would likely have at least a few Crafter everywhere which would offer Competetive Prices for Players to Buy Ships.

But right now removing NPC Sold Ships would just result in a Massive Price Increase thanks to the few Crafters having a Monopoly and little to no Competition in their area. Thus demanding insane amounts of Money that new Players cant really pay.

Instead of sharing your trauma experiences with clans, you just need to focus on topic. Although you missed it again. It is about ORDERING SHIPS, not about PLAYER BASED ECONOMY.

No clue why should anyone who is not interested in RvR, join a clan. I see no benefit in it.

Those who are not, they can be all they want to be, a lone hunter, a trader, a shipmaker. And if ships can be ordered, you don`t need 5000 players to lower the prices.

Still, the ship prices  are an issue, and i have no clue how to fix this.

1 hour ago, Cortez said:

Instead of sharing your trauma experiences with clans, you just need to focus on topic. Although you missed it again. It is about ORDERING SHIPS, not about PLAYER BASED ECONOMY.

No clue why should anyone who is not interested in RvR, join a clan. I see no benefit in it.

Those who are not, they can be all they want to be, a lone hunter, a trader, a shipmaker. And if ships can be ordered, you don`t need 5000 players to lower the prices.

Still, the ship prices  are an issue, and i have no clue how to fix this.

Mate the Problem is not the Ordering of Ships :)

I would Agree to this Part of the Suggestion any and every Day.

The Problem is the other part of your Suggestion.

"Remove all Random NPC Sold Ships" :)

Because these NPC Sold Ships are currently the only reason many non Clan Players have a Ship at all :)

And I am not Interested in waiting Days to get an Order for a Ship Filled.

I am currently Sailing a Frigate because I have been waiting for 2 Days now to get a Crafter in Chat which might Build me a Trinco :)

As so far the only Crafters I found would be on the other end of the Map :P

And if not for these Random Ships. I would currently still Sail a Basic Cutter. Because so far the only Ship I ever Bought from a Player was a Le Gros Ventre which was Captured not Crafted :)

Not because I would not want to Buy a Ship from a Crafter. But because even basic Ships are so Goddamn Expensive when Crafters Sell them. That it would take me 2 Weeks to get the Money together for Buying one :P

21 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Mate the Problem is not the Ordering of Ships

It is a problem. I do not want to order a ship in a GLOBAL or NATION chat, i want to set a contract, and where anyone who is playing is able to see my conditions and price.

22 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Remove all Random NPC Sold Ships

That is a problem, exactly because random ships are in market, and nobody is crafting lower classes. Instead, youcan see players capturing AI ships and selling them in capitals, which is completely idiotic, since nobody wants to buy them, unless you are in a desperate need.

24 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Because these NPC Sold Ships are currently the only reason many non Clan Players have a Ship at all

We need a tutorial for the game and a bit of common sense for many players. If you sail a Fir/Crew Space ship, you either have no clue what are you doing,or you need guidance.

25 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

And I am not Interested in waiting Days to get an Order for a Ship Filled.

Why should you wait so long, if you were able to set a contract, globally!!!!!, you probably wouldn`t have to wait.

27 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

I am currently Sailing a Frigate because I have been waiting for 2 Days now to get a Crafter in Chat which might Build me a Trinco :)

As so far the only Crafters I found would be on the other end of the Map

You finally see the problem, and global panel with ship contracts is the solution.

Man you are killing my faith in human race.You either don`t understand english, or you are just trolling.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cortez said:

It is a problem. I do not want to order a ship in a GLOBAL or NATION chat, i want to set a contract, and where anyone who is playing is able to see my conditions and price.

That is a problem, exactly because random ships are in market, and nobody is crafting lower classes. Instead, youcan see players capturing AI ships and selling them in capitals, which is completely idiotic, since nobody wants to buy them, unless you are in a desperate need.

We need a tutorial for the game and a bit of common sense for many players. If you sail a Fir/Crew Space ship, you either have no clue what are you doing,or you need guidance.

Why should you wait so long, if you were able to set a contract, globally!!!!!, you probably wouldn`t have to wait.

You finally see the problem, and global panel with ship contracts is the solution.

Man you are killing my faith in human race.You either don`t understand english, or you are just trolling.

Mate it IS a problem.

Because NOBODY will CRAFT these Ships.

Because New Players DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY FOR THEM

You seem to somehow think that if you can make Orders Globally then the Players will actually get a Ship almost Instantly.

But thats not the Case. Because not only is there far too few Crafters for that to ever Work.

But also because why would a Crafter waste his Valuable Ship Parts to Build 4 Navy Brigs to new Players for 50k each. When he can instead Build a Rattlesnake Heavy and Sell it for 800k

The Reason why Crafters Build only Big Ships. Is because New Players cannot actually Pay the Insane Prices for Ships.

New Players cant just pay a few hundred thousand for their next Ship. So no Crafter bothers Building Stuff for them.

And this wont Change if there is no NPC Ships Sold.

Why do you think any Crafter would ever bother Filling the Order of some Noob which can barely Pay the production Price and will still go bankrupt from it.

When he can instead fill the Order of some Veteran Player who has more Money than he could ever use and doesnt mind Paying 5 times the Production Price ?

The Answer is he would not.

The New Players would Wait for a New Ship for Weeks until some Crafter either takes Pity on them and Builds the Ship for him.

6 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Because NOBODY will CRAFT these Ships

Lol. They will.

7 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

You seem to somehow think that if you can make Orders Globally then the Players will actually get a Ship almost Instantly

I am not thinking this "somehow", i know that.

8 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

But also because why would a Crafter waste his Valuable Ship Parts to Build 4 Navy Brigs to new Players for 50k each

You have wrong presumptions again. Many are lower ranked crafters which need XP to climb up the ladder.

Crafting 6th and 7th rates would help them financially and they would get faster XP. Because if players DEMAND ships, there is ALWAYS someone who makes them.

NOW nobody demands ships, so why craft them.

11 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Why do you think any Crafter would ever bother Filling the Order of some Noob which can barely Pay the production Price and will still go bankrupt from it.

See answer above.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2017 at 6:03 AM, Sunleader said:

This is probably the most well-written résumé of how I feel about some of the discussions I had on this forum. *clap, clap*.

No to removing basic ships from shops, because:

a.) They are great for privateers who get marooned in some Freetown and need to cap a new ship quickly.

b.) They are great to waste in pvp because they are great throwaways (mostly).

c.) They seldom as good as any crafted ship, so they are no competitor for the crafter.

d.) You don't get the good types (Prince, Rattlesnake, higher rates, etc.) anyways.

Yes for making buy contracts for ships, because it's a great idea and it's supposed to be a free market after all.

Edited by Jean de la Rochelle
  • Like 3