Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix for patch 13. Le Gros Ventre Refit + Swivels!!!

admin

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And folks wonder why I haven't been playing much lately?

Yep freedom that just means we are just another nation so what is the point to being a pirate any more?

yep, im so over this game, instead of punishing people that take advantage of the mechanic (KoC and his ilk) they just remove it, Developers have this game going in circles... I may as well go back to War Thunder and the like, this was my first dip into the MMO game's, and I have a feeling it will be the last.... Pirates have no Pirate ability, nothing that separates them... i'm about ready to add on to review...

Vocal minority control this game..... it's such a shame...what a waste.of a good idea. maybe another company with a spine will make one like it.

Edited by Khyron
  • Like 1

Just now, Khyron said:

yep, im so over this game, instead of punishing people that take advantage of the mechanic (KoC and his ilk) they just remove it, Developers have this game going in circles... I may as well go back to War Thunder and the like, this was my first dip into the MMO game's, and I have a feeling it will be the last.... Pirates have no Pirate ability, nothing that separates them... i'm about ready to add on to review...

Vocal minority control this game..... it's such a shame...what a waste.of a good idea. maybe another company with a spine will make one like it.

I am truly sorry if this was your first MMO experience.  This is a poor example of what most good MMOs are like.  MMOs with real communities, that number in the thousands if not hundreds of thousands, can be amazing.  I have built some real friendships and real enemies out of some of the MMOs I have played over the years.  I have been with the same "guild/clan" for over 10 years now, and one of us has known each other in online games since 2001. 

Dont give up on MMOs. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

@admin rattlesnake fleet just defended Camp du Roy vs Wasa + Bucentaure...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1188310089

the rise of the small ships.

Now coming to Portbattles. Just wait until you are up against  a fleet or princes or snows

Edited by Lz3

2 hours ago, Khyron said:

instead of punishing people that take advantage of the mechanic (KoC and his ilk) they just remove it, Developers have this game going in circles...

Punish who? Punish how? Wipe an ensign in a brig? Ban the account? Delete account/ create an alt/ attack again. Do you think we removed it because of one shitty tribunal post about some brig attacking pirates and leaving? 

We spent full programmer month on outlaw battles and fixing bugs internally (it was very hard to make). We really wanted to make it work. It did not work out. It was interfering in many areas and we got hundreds of reports on it, just because it sucked. PvP players will find pvp. No-one will remember this feature in 6 months. If outlaw class comes back it will come with full wipe of xp on boarding by nationals. 

regarding you leaving? Fine. we knew some pirates will hate it with passion.
But 1000s of others would be happy (and 7000 other nationals from our average monthly audience) If you don't care what overall community wants for the game perhaps its not the community for you. 

• Like 12

6 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

They had something special for last 2 years, we ended up with a special idea of PvE Raids and handicapping the nation cutting out the access to SOLs. Nothing more, nothing less.

Raids. We worked on the raids for good amount of time - but they don't work. PvP raids already exist (port battles). Mixed pvp/pve raids where you can take spawn into a bot ship won't work because of alts. PvE raids will be too easy due to bots behavior near land. 

Raids are on hold. We will see how players accept the epic events. and if strong bots are interesting pve raids could become a reality. But tutorial is more important for the game. Stop asking about raids until ui is done and game is localized. In fact these are the only three features you can ask us about until they are done. 

• Like 1

In my opinion either pirate safezone or outlaw battle had to go. Safezone was just false security for new players that don't understand mechanics of it. Since devs are hellbend on keeping safezones then only logical solution was removing outlaw battles. I was saying from start that safezones are not for new players but for old farts that want to brag about playing on PvP server but don't want to lose pixel ships

2 minutes ago, Ingelia said:

I have one question, is the new La Grosse considered to be more powerful than the Constitution? If not then why does the refitted LGV cost 150% the cost of a Constitution?

its worse compared to a constitution in every regard EXCEPT for 3 things. 
It has swivels
It can enter any port with a smuggler flag
It has 1000 cargohold

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Zoky said:

In my opinion either pirate safezone or outlaw battle had to go. Safezone was just false security for new players that don't understand mechanics of it. Since devs are hellbend on keeping safezones then only logical solution was removing outlaw battles. I was saying from start that safezones are not for new players but for old farts that want to brag about playing on PvP server but don't want to lose pixel ships

This like flip flop.

Lets remove the safe zones or any chance of getting new players cause old farts can't adapt and move away from capital ganking and seal clubbing.

I guess all those pixel ships were worth it.

6 minutes ago, Ingelia said:

I have one question, is the new La Grosse considered to be more powerful than the Constitution? If not then why does the refitted LGV cost 150% the cost of a Constitution?

wut?

150% of a constitution?  Haven't logged in yet but from the notes you can get a nLGV for PVP marks.  Can you get a Constitution for pvp marks?

6 minutes ago, admin said:

It has swivels
It can enter any port with a smuggler flag
It has 1000 cargohold

Whats the name of the ship in OW will it be named like the normal LGV so any captain who is attcking it will get surprised?

4 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Whats the name of the ship in OW will it be named like the normal LGV so any captain who is attcking it will get surprised?

currently all ships have real name on ow.

But.. i am thinking of adding a misdirection perk or paint that will switch your ship to a trader of the similar class and vice versa. For example Agamemnon on OW will look like indiaman. Rattlesnake as trader brig. 

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, admin said:

But.. i am thinking of adding a misdirection perk or paint that will switch your ship to a trader of the similar class and vice versa. For example Agamemnon on OW will look like indiaman. Rattlesnake as trader brig. 

Hah! You killing me :lol:

Love that idea!

I think this would be really a game changing feature. Keep them coming :P

Edited by Rigs

7 minutes ago, sveno said:

I still believe, and we proved it four times now, that the better organized team is almost assured victor, it does not help smaller/unorganized countries.

We will test further.

when did small unorganized countries won port battles against players?

It seems that the dominant strategy is to to maximize number of ships and then cannons. Not everyone got adjusted to it yet. 

Lets move the feedback on port battles here

5 minutes ago, admin said:

It has swivels
It can enter any port
It has 1000 cargohold

Point 1 - my guess they are only effective at under 200m.

Point 2 - so can any other trade ship.

Point 3 - So it has half the capacity of it's sister ship.

As a trader I am not seeing any advantage to this ship. My guess is that in order to defeat the swivels you just stay at range and decrew the refit LGV. 

So, does the refit have heavier armor or better speed? The reason I ask is that for me (one that does trading and missions) it will cost me 750 combat marks to buy this trade ship.

2 minutes ago, sveno said:

Well, promised some more feedback:

As you heard from redii, noone of the 3 PBs today where really enjoying.
The nations attacking us all came with a smaller number of larger ships.
Noone of them had any chance to win the battle - it was almost feeling like a forfait for the attacking side.

Maybe these nation cant field more players so they rely on bigger ships. Sweden has the advantage of a huge RVR fleet. Maybe PB changes doesnt go far enough?

12 minutes ago, Salty Dog on Global said:

wut?

150% of a constitution?  Haven't logged in yet but from the notes you can get a nLGV for PVP marks.  Can you get a Constitution for pvp marks?

Constitution = 100 PVP marks

Refit LGV = 150 PVP marks

7 minutes ago, admin said:

I would like to see that. An idiaman that turns out to be a 74 or the other way around. <3

I even think we have to much info to soon about other ships.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, sveno said:

Well, promised some more feedback:

As you heard from redii, noone of the 3 PBs today where really enjoying.
The nations attacking us all came with a smaller number of larger ships.
Noone of them had any chance to win the battle - it was almost feeling like a forfait for the attacking side.

The issue with kiting larger ships is that it's tremendous fun for the players who are the ones kiting them - constantly firing broadsides, carefully considering the distance to the chasing ships, contemplating mast shots with ball vs chaining the sails...

and for the other side, it's sailing forward as your sails disappear.