Game-Labs Forum

Periodic Music

Morning Gents,

Just sitting here listening to Beethoven's 9th. And pondering the possibility of this game having a "Music Tuner" of sorts. Once this game is more in its "sandbox" stages. Sailing the mighty and vast sea's will take some time I imagine. So how nice would it be to have some periodic music to cruise too?   ;)

I appreciate there´s someone (at least) who enjoys listening to "Ludwig Van" (Alex) instead of Death Metal while cruising the seas. It always puzzled me to read about other fellows´ music taste when flying Hurricanes over 1940s England and I agree that period music is essential for "immersion".

Why not open a WebRadio channel while playing NavalAction? I was happy to see that it didn´t result in lower framerates (= this game is sooo good)!

The 9th is overplayed, the 7th is where it's at in my opinion.

9th is overplayed for good reason. 

You're right though. His 7th is also very good, and has by far my favorite Beethoven song of all -

II, Allegretto  in A major

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MiQf6i_zoc

To be honest, I'm looking forward to sailing in Naval Action with this playing in the back round!!!    :D 

• Like 3

As for me, Beethoven is a bit too much.

Here are my suggestions:

Mozart - Divertimenti for strings and wind; Serenades, dances, marches for orchestra

Haydn - String Quartets (mostly 1&4 parts)

Bach - Orchestral suites, Brandenburg Concertos

Boccherini - Cello concertos (mostly 1&3 parts)

Handel - Orchestral suites (Wassermusik etc.)

• Like 1

Inigo Balboa,

You have it exactly right there sir!

I would also add Christopher Bach to that list as he was better known than his father in the 18th Century.

I would also add Thomas Arne for his "Rule Britannia" and William Boyce for his "Heart of Oak". ;)

You speaking of Johann Christian Bach?  Yep, agree. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSjvIMuG_dk

I like that Allegretto very much (though I'm kinda overfed with it atm, since it is part of the War Thunder soundtrack ^^). Listening to Bach, Cello Suite No.1 now and then when playing NA.

Nice one!

Actually had this melody play at my wedding. Wife picked it out, another reason why I married her! 

Anyways, thanks for the memories that I now connect to this very song.  ;)

• 1 year later...

Music is very hard to make right due to diverse taste. Also it is very low on the priority list.

Still no plans for background and battle music ?

When different music should play:

- in port
- on the sea
- when storm is coming
- when battle is beginning
- in the middle battle time (low-level sound)
- when our ship is almost destroyed

In my opinion music give much more experience while playing.

Music is very hard to make right due to diverse taste. Also it is very low on the priority list.

If I may have any suggestion regarding music (whenever you will want to do it) is to get inspiration from Sea Dogs ost, it had the perfect naval feeling and all players loved it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlEA-NUpfxQ

Edited by Azzak