Game-Labs Forum

Naval career... Why was it canned?

Guilty-pleasure-super-edgy

FlbWvTe.png

Sorry, not sorry.

And now, serious face:

I remember the idea of the privateer career parallel to the naval career was put forth as ways of playing this game. I just can't remember why the naval career path was cancelled, and I do think I pay attention to the goins on in here.

Anyone know or remember?

I mean, I can guess that it has something to do with the economy being offended by it. I may be naive, but I'm frantically looking for ways to avoid the eco time sink and the faint memory of the naval career popped up.

• Like 6

Limits vs have us do it all without limits.

I would kill for proper career progression with proper rewards or, if failing duty ( oh! I love this one ), setback in the career path.

Or go "trading company", proper merchant guru. Or take the "liberty" of freedom until a noose ends it all.

• Like 5

heh, having experienced the... progressively increasing freedom I'm begging to be confined in the terribly restrictive navy.

Hello! What happened to Jack when he was kicked off the navy list?!

We don't have a friend like Stephen to pay our way.

Oh, wait...

@maturin... you there?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jodgi said:

heh, having experienced the... progressively increasing freedom I'm begging to be confined in the terribly restrictive navy.

Hello! What happened to Jack when he was kicked off the navy list?!

We don't have a friend like Stephen to pay our way.

Oh, wait...

@maturin... you there?

Come to the dark side of France...  

d3ec284dc58929250a3934d0b46e976e--full-m

2 hours ago, Hodo said:

One can dream.... 

Yes, I suppose one could, in the history section I've posted the legislation that governed the Royal Navy as enacted by King Charles II in 1661, these are the laws that the Royal Navy worked under until the 1866 and alongside the 1757 Articles of War as posted by the Devs. Imagine trying to carve out a career on merit, renown or time scaled promotion and following those laws!

Edited by Sir Lancelot Holland