Game-Labs Forum

Copper plating

I like the changes / speed nerfs of the latest hotfix. Thank you for that. Some of the debuffs are too hard i think - gazelle 10% sailing crew for only 2% speed? Needs some tweaking i'd say or just remove it. But could you make copper plating craftable like other perm mods / refits, please? Or increase droprate drastically... RNG really bad...

Edited by Captain Lust
  • Like 4

RNG gods hate me, I don't even remember the last time I got something other than repairs or cannons from an AI ship while every one around me is getting books and mods.   

Copper Plating should be craftable by players as it's part of when you refit or build a ship.  Not some ranodm thing you find out adventuring.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Captain Lust said:

RNG really bad...

2 hours ago, Willis PVP2 said:

NO RNG upgrades!

2 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

Death to RNG.

6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Copper Plating should be craftable by players as it's part of when you refit or build a ship.  Not some ranodm thing you find out adventuring.

I was so excited when the crafting changes were announced with the "no RNG in crafting anymore" patch notes. This in itself was and still is great. The crafting system with the different frame and wood choices is the best we've had. Then the crafting system was all but undone by the powerful figureheads and upgrades, or maybe I should say overshadowed? The mods are better now (weaker) and the crafting system itself is allowed to shine.

Since the very start we've had this system of loot drops or random drops by craft clicking, we've pushed against it but it always pops up in some other form. The devs know EVERONE wants copper plating (an example of the most sought after mods) and I don't think I understand why it's specifically kept from us and only given to those who are lucky or bully bots again, and again, and again and again and again and again...

Will the carebears leave if important things are pulled out of the loot rng system? I don't ask to be a smartass, I just don't understand the sandbox or the PVE gaming mindset. I'm asking because I'm curious if it is important for a sandbox game to keep important things locked behind a slot machine and if we get copper and speed trim back as craftables, gazelle and some refit will be pulled out to replace them in the rng pve lottery?

We all want competitive ships to feel more comfortable going out risking it all, can't we just have that?

The PVE lords can rejoice when rng gives them parisian furniture or a big stash of jutland amber, or won't that be enough?

TL;DR: Can someone explain why the fight against RNG in shipbuilding and fitting has been a game of whack'a'mole since the start and still is?

• Like 2

Because, as you said, people love to win at "slot machines"... There's a reason they are the number one money-maker in Vegas.  Risk/reward on a $.25 slot machine (AKA no-risk AI mission) is potentially a $1million-gold Crooked Cedar refit.  Why WOULDNT most people keep pulling the slot-machine arm until they win a few times??  I mean, in real PvP, you can actually lose to the dealer. Scary. 

Until they're able to actually re-introduce stuff such as paints, flags, names, etc, the only real way to make a ship "unique" is through mods. 

And Lord knows, everyone wants desperately to be "unique".

EDIT:  DAMN SHELBY BEAT ME TO IT!!  

Edited by Vernon Merrill