Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.4 Conquest changes, Battle Groups, Wapen von Hamburg (III)

admin

Just now, Jones el Tuerto said:

The 32 knots while being invisible going upwind for 30 seconds it's sooo broken this literally helps people to avoid pvp combats

it doesnt

it helps people to avoid nonsense revenge fleets "combats", e.g. being turned down a 1v2 (being the one) to then face a  1v11, cause the people outside profited from the OW speed boost.
If they can profit from it, why cant the peeps in battle aswell?

• Like 6

Just now, Liquicity said:

it doesnt

it helps people to avoid nonsense revenge fleets "combats", e.g. being turned down a 1v2 (being the one) to then face a  1v11, cause the people outside profited from the OW speed boost.
If they can profit from it, why cant the peeps in battle aswell?

It does,

doesn't make any sense and it's not realistic at all.

Just now, Jones el Tuerto said:

It does,

doesn't make any sense and it's not realistic at all.

how is it realistic to have two instances, battle and OW, of which the OW is 75x compressed and allows the players to literally camp a battle?

If you're calling revenge fleets realistic you may need to take your pills

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Jones el Tuerto said:

The 32 knots while being invisible going upwind for 30 seconds it's sooo broken this literally helps people to avoid pvp combats

This is going to be good for those times you are trying to get somewhere but the wind is against you. Tag a AI at max range, then escape the battle and have 30 seconds warp against the wind. (not sure how much you would actually gain but would be worth finding out.

1 minute ago, Richart Sievers said:

nothing done about the revenge fleet bullshit no port to freetowns anddeep in the arse of the biggest nations ...crap patch

but they did something about the revenge fleet bullshit, did you not read the patch notes?

I would like clarification on Victory Marks.

is the "winning" nation the only one that gets awarded the Victory marks after the 7 day period? or do all nations get awarded victory marks and nations with "more" land get more victory marks?

3 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I would like clarification on Victory Marks.

is the "winning" nation the only one that gets awarded the Victory marks after the 7 day period? or do all nations get awarded victory marks and nations with "more" land get more victory marks?

Only the winning nation gets them is how I understand from the Admin post.

• Victory mark will be granted for map wins (not port battles) using the legacy system (old control will move to the next round)
  • Map is won by the nation having largest number of conquest points. 
Edited by Captain MiniMe

3 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

how is it realistic to have two instances, battle and OW, of which the OW is 75x compressed and allows the players to literally camp a battle?

If you're calling revenge fleets realistic you may need to take your pills

Never called a revenge fleet I can solve my own problems with my own ship ;) 

Just now, Teutonic said:

I see where that could be the case, but I kind of hope it isn't

I edited my post. The idea of victory points is awesome and could work, except the Devs did it in a rush and didn't think it trough I feel.
Small nations are getting screwed again, by not having the means to compete in this system and never will be able to get the means because of that.
It's a death spiral. Same reason why I suggested: 

Even though that doesn't counter the alt accounts issue, but might balance the point system a little more.

4 minutes ago, Jones el Tuerto said:

Never called a revenge fleet I can solve my own problems with my own ship ;) 

you dont, but your enemies will - been just lucky it never happened to you, its not quite the most enjoyable thing to fight an inteleporting fleet blocking your way out

I too like the victory system, but I also agree with you where this could cause a lot of problems with the way it's worded.

so again, I want clarification from the admin - if it's the case where all nations get victory marks based on what they own that would be nice - if it's the case where the nation with the most is the only one to get victory marks then wow, Diplomacy just got interesting :P

1 minute ago, Teutonic said:

I too like the victory system, but I also agree with you where this could cause a lot of problems with the way it's worded.

so again, I want clarification from the admin - if it's the case where all nations get victory marks based on what they own that would be nice - if it's the case where the nation with the most is the only one to get victory marks then wow, Diplomacy just got interesting :P

diplomacy was allways interesting for mass no  class nations like swedes 

4 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

There is no confusion to be had, the wording is clear:

• Victory mark will be granted for map wins (not port battles) using the legacy system (old control will move to the next round)
  • Map is won by the nation having largest number of conquest points. 

Ok, yesterday I had 7 conquest marks saved up to make an Aggie. Those were converted to 70 combat marks. With the change to the cost of permits, I can no longer afford to get one for the Aggie.

Blueprints are now much cheaper than permits. Why the change? If it were reversed, I could have still built my Aggie today.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Richart Sievers said:

ohhh and the battle speed is still capped  to 15 knots another broken mechanic not repaired

It's not 'broken'. I didn't like 15knt cap initially but because of it you see a very wide variety of ships being used. What you don't see is ships who can't hit the 15nt cap in PVP unless its a PB. The only thing we really lack now is some kind of smaller scale PVP battle that is like a PB that gives you the opportunity to use your slower/tankier ships in PVP that don't necessarily need 15nts to be viable for those sorts of battles..

3 hours ago, [HRE] Lanfire said:

Overall, nice patch. thx you Devs for this nice Patch

and BTW @Bearwall

Enjoy the Burning of your Bellona. If you want, im lit the Fire ^^ xD

lol If you make the wappen I'll lit the Bellona myself ;)