Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.4 Conquest changes, Battle Groups, Wapen von Hamburg (III)

admin

9 hours ago, Luc said:

Maybe a compromise: do not cap the Speed at 15kn. The Speed cap (if there has to be one) should be a percentage. Maybe 15%. So its unique for every ship and every sailing Point. If you can gain only a maximum of  115% from every ship speed at his particular sailing point. 

It shouldn't be a cruise control!

That will have everyone back in two ships again. I like the variety we have now personally. A surprise can't run from my frigate with impunity if I tag him right now. Even though that same frigate is also 15 knots, if I'm dumb the surprise can still get away. I like the 15 knot cap. My Connie is 15 knots as well,  but she's never going to outrun a surprise or an endy, but she might be able to keep them in range to knock a mast down now. It's a long shot but everyone is on a more or less even playing field and you have to learn the strengths and weaknesses of your ships in order to be successful.

Edited by Malachy

16 minutes ago, Malachy said:

That will have everyone back in two ships again. I like the variety we have now personally. A surprise can't run from my frigate with impunity if I tag him right now. Even though that same frigate is also 15 knots, if I'm dumb the surprise can still get away. I like the 15 knot cap. My Connie is 15 knots as well,  but she's never going to outrun a surprise or an endy, but she might be able to keep them in range to knock a mast down now. It's a long shot but everyone is on a more or less even playing field and you have to learn the strengths and weaknesses of your ships in order to be successful.

I disagree, the speed cap marginalized the weaknesses from the slower bigger ships too much. And a surp or a lgv should escape easily against other ships.

Speed cap as a speed control for combinations of upgrades falsify sailing profiles too much. 

• Like 2

Death by 1000 patches. I had just spent 1.5M on a Lvl3 shipyard and got my Vic and Bellona BPs only to find out, next day, I can't get the permits. I reckon the Devs have a Gum Ball machine that, each morning, they take out a gum ball which has written on what aspect of the game players are enjoying and then they nerf it. These twats are the worst game devs I have ever seen.

Edited by Wynkyn de Worde
Spelling mistake.
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Hullabaloo said:

I mean the NEXT target. Eg. You have 2 Pirates, near an area where there are likely to be many enemy ships they might want to attack. They do a ((faraway) tag one on the other and go into battle instance and then immediately leave. They both then come out with cloak and warp drive and then fly towards targets or fly upwind to position themselves downwind of opponents. But anyway, regardless of that, the point still remains that players who have just come out of battle instance are able to warp drive to other targets while invisible, which is daft.

Quite right, its a shame we have to have game mechanics stopping players exploit other game mechanics to prevent players from exploiting the wholes in the the game mechanics to  . . . .  you get the picture. I know we are testing this, but at some point you are just gonna have to stick a fork in it and call it done.
Usually, the simplest solution is the best, I hate this "warp drive" from battle bullshit. If players cant play the damn game right, then so be it, let them get ganked, they wanted PvP they got PvP. There is always going to a "reaction" to an "action" and players are very resourceful at finding ways to counter an action, so stop trying to fill holes, or you are just going to die tired. PvE does not need all these bullshit bolt-ons preventing us from cheating the system, because we have no need to, we just play the game as intended. Whilst I'm on one, lets get the stupid circle removed on PvE too, we enter a fight as a battle fleet and sail as one, we don't need this waste of time crap "one ship enters then the rest fudge around looking for some stupid enter ring", it has no reason in PvE.

I think for PvP, you should just have a "match" button, so PvP can click it and they are in a fight. Give um a "leader board" so they can measure their schlongs and your done :D They don't need a map to play on as most are not interested in crafting or trading. Most of the stuff in the game is frustrating for them, so give players what they want and lets get this thing "live".

Edited by Jesters-Ink
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Luc said:

Make warp drive a feature which you can choose. You have 5 sec. To choose it. And if u choose it u cannot attack for minutes maybe 3. and if u not use the warp you can attack

Let's have photon torpedos and plasma weapons too, but you have to buy Eve.

• Like 1

Yes, they removed teleporting didn't they, but now, we can't TP to free ports, ffs, why?

They should have a system where you can fast travel to any of your ports for management, but you have like a flag or a character which depicts where you are on the map and you can only sail from where that "flag/character is.

Edited by Jesters-Ink
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jesters-Ink said:

Yes, they removed teleporting didn't they, but now, we can't TP to free ports, ffs, why?

They should have a system where you can fast travel to any of your ports for management, but you have like a flag or a character which depicts where you are on the map and you can only sail from where that "flag/character is.

I like that idea. Or u have 'agents' in outposts that you can teleport to so as to manage and craft, trade etc but your captain is the only one that can sail and can't TP (essentially the same thing)

6 hours ago, Malachy said:

See, this is a problem...  not a feature. Your. HMS Surprise example is perfect, actually...  She gives up firepower in exchange for her sailing profile.  The Frigate has nearly double the broadside weight of the Surprise.  So with the current meta, why should anyone sail a Surprise.  Previously, each ship had strengths/uses...  Now you have speed-capped Bellonas.  

That is silly.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Captain corn blower said:

We sail in a game the only skill it takes is to push a button

Maybe the other skill is collecting enough wealth/victories to be able to construct a Ship of the Line?

14 minutes ago, Captain corn blower said:

We sail in a game the only skill it takes is to push a button

situational awareness and thinking a few steps ahead are key skills that have to be learned over time - Otherwise winning a battle where you're being outnumbered wouldn't happen

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 2

On 7/18/2017 at 6:27 AM, koltes said:

PVP killboard is a must. Its been a first day. Have patience. It will be improved with more details ect. Right now though its not about the score but about rewards. With it I have seen 200% more eagerness from people to fight.

It does promote PVP. Your bad experience with one guy does not mean all your experiences will be the same. Good luck

Just seen current leaderboard leader, seal clubbing at KPR, he just sank an ensign, what a hero! I rest my case. I respect ur vastly superior knowledge of this game Koltes but i think you are wrong about this one, this is what it promotes.

• Like 1

This patch is a no for me.  Because of this I have gone to Life is Feudal MMO Beta, until things change here or this phase of beta is over.   I cant say that the VM idea is a good one, but I am sure if I wait a week it will be scrapped like every idea the devs has had.  Instead of tweaking an idea they tend to overreact and just get rid of it.  They must work on Binary... 01010101001 (off, on, off, on, off...)

• Like 1

On 19/07/2017 at 2:37 AM, Twig said:

@admin Since the last patch my contracts (all shown at the shop) are not filled. I made sure, the whole day, that every contract is placed first the whole time and I noticed that the amount of ressources raised in the ports where my contracts have been placed. (I am talking about 8 Contracts in different ports which worked the whole time since the wipe - same ressources.)

Can this be a bug? That is the only reason I can get when I think about this matter. If yes, this needs to be fixed! :huh:

Thus, it is nice that you fixed a bug where contracts where not shown in the port but before that you need to fix that at least the contracts get filled!

Trader in NA from more one year, i confirm the bug on contracts.

Perhaps have you changed the rules about them, but, please, could we have a clear answer about that ?

Alanxo

On 19/07/2017 at 3:20 PM, Ink said:

if there is an item with sell price 5 and buy price 10 that is produced by NPC in this port, you have to set price equal or above 10. If you set for example 7, it won't be sold to you, is that the case?

That s not an answer, because before this patch the minimum level to place a filled contract was 5 + (10-5) + 1 = 8,5, so 9 worked well.

And to place a contract at an inferior level than the Port buying price was the first interest of contracts.

I hope that s not a new rule against traders.

Alanxo

2 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

See, this is a problem...  not a feature. Your. HMS Surprise example is perfect, actually...  She gives up firepower in exchange for her sailing profile.  The Frigate has nearly double the broadside weight of the Surprise.  So with the current meta, why should anyone sail a Surprise.  Previously, each ship had strengths/uses...  Now you have speed-capped Bellonas.  

That is silly.  

The surprise has a different profile and can still get away from the frigate unless I tag her from a very specific angle. Used to be that didn't matter, now it does. No ship should be able to sail away with impunity. Before there was no risk, now there is.

8 hours ago, Luc said:

I disagree, the speed cap marginalized the weaknesses from the slower bigger ships too much. And a surp or a lgv should escape easily against other ships.

Speed cap as a speed control for combinations of upgrades falsify sailing profiles too much. 

How? You can still use your profile to run like a little bitch, you just can't do it at everyone's best point. This forces people to learn their ships. I sail the bigger ships and I love the fact that some little twit driving a surprise can get himself in serious shit if he messes with me now.

Edited by Malachy

Just now, Malachy said:

How? You can still use your profile to run like a little bitch, you just can't do it at everyone's best point. This forces people to learn their ships. 

I dont know when the last time you tried running at 60deg to the wind in a Surprise or LGV vs a 15kn Ballona, you have at best a 4 or 5kn advantage at that point... BUT if they just go 90 to the wind, they can keep that escape vector pretty much at bay while they blow your masts off the ship.   You cant out run 36lb longs.

1 hour ago, Hullabaloo said:

Just seen current leaderboard leader, seal clubbing at KPR, he just sank an ensign, what a hero! I rest my case. I respect ur vastly superior knowledge of this game Koltes but i think you are wrong about this one, this is what it promotes.

You can never get to top 3 clubbing seals. Try it and you will see. Sinking Trader Brig gives you 1 point. Sinking Surprise 28.

10 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I dont know when the last time you tried running at 60deg to the wind in a Surprise or LGV vs a 15kn Ballona, you have at best a 4 or 5kn advantage at that point... BUT if they just go 90 to the wind, they can keep that escape vector pretty much at bay while they blow your masts off the ship.   You cant out run 36lb longs.

Turn through the wind and head off close haul. The bellona will either have to make a huge turn with the wind which will give you a lot of room or will have to turn through the wind himself which will give you plenty of room too with the surprises acceleration. This goes back to my comment where I said people have to actually learn how to use their ships rather than having everything handed to them in easy mode.

no ship should be able to attack someone and get away with impunity, without even taking fire sometimes. Now, if you sail a surprise and attack a bigger ship, you better know what your doing because if the bigger ship operator knows what he's doing it's going to go bad for you. I did not enjoy the previous meta where surprise captains could just attack you and disengage at will when it turned downhill for them. Now, instead of griefing larger ships, smaller ships have to fight or at least know how to handle their ships.

Edited by Malachy

10 minutes ago, Malachy said:

How? You can still use your profile to run like a little bitch, you just can't do it at everyone's best point. This forces people to learn their ships. I sail the bigger ships and I love the fact that some little twit driving a surprise can get himself in serious shit if he messes with me now.

Please give it a thought I believe than you'll get it. Don't hesitate to ask specific questions. 

3 minutes ago, Luc said:

Please give it a thought I believe than you'll get it. Don't hesitate to ask specific questions. 

In case you missed it, I explained why sailing profiles still mattered coated with a liberal amount of sarcasm at your lack of understanding of how sailing profiles still matter to the game.

2 minutes ago, Malachy said:

In case you missed it, I explained why sailing profiles still mattered coated with a liberal amount of sarcasm at your lack of understanding of how sailing profiles still matter to the game.

Ah i see. Thank you. My apologies.