Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.3 - New event, PvP marks changes, changes to knowledge slots and other fixes

admin

1 minute ago, Liquicity said:

People PvP'd before wipe not for the rewards but because it's fun

If you're looking at PvP as a grind, something is wrong imo

people didn't have to sail 2 1/2 hours pre wipe in order to pvp. and they didn't have to deal with the dreaded revenge fleets that you guys keep crying about.

Edited by King of Crowns

9 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

the pvp marks were are good reason to sail 2 1/2 hours to hopefully find some one to kill. tell me why would I sail 2 1/2 hours when I can do 1 mission every 20mins and get 5x as many combat marks?

Maybe because you like to PvP? C'mon man drop the drama already, the Oscars are over. You guys are whining because you were running around ganking newbs and getting easy money and access to loot from the admiralty shop. All I ever want to do in NA is PvP but I sure as hell don't have a problem with guys who do PVE missions getting access to GEAR that everyone should have access to in the first place. Go ahead and make paints or other cosmetic rewards available for pvp marks or something like that....but alot of this gear should have been accessible to everyone.

• Like 10

Just now, King of Crowns said:

people didn't have to sail 2 1/2 hours pre wipe in order to pvp.

Reason why I left brits and joined danes; close to swedes, French are a 20 min sail and can get an outpost near pirates / brits if I wanted

8 hours ago, admin said:

knowledge slots remain, pre-requisites removed

Just to chime in, I think this is great.

I do enjoy the idea of needing to level up the ship you want but the pre-req grind was mostly just annoying, especially if there was one or two ships in there the player just really hated.

I think it would be okay to put permanent slots into the XP grind too. Like instead of starting at 3/0 you start at 0/0 and then it progresses like:

0/0
0/1
1/2
1/3
2/4
3/5

I'm not really advocating strongly for this but it would help emphasize that a ship you have no experience in is more hindered than one you do have experience in.

5 minutes ago, Blackjack Morgan said:

Maybe because you like to PvP? C'mon man drop the drama already, the Oscars are over. You guys are whining because you were running around ganking newbs and getting easy money and access to loot from the admiralty shop. All I ever want to do in NA is PvP but I sure as hell don't have a problem with guys who do PVE missions getting access to GEAR that everyone should have access to in the first place. Go ahead and make paints or other cosmetic rewards available for pvp marks or something like that....but alot of this gear should have been accessible to everyone.

there is no more PVP marks bud. so anything you want go do enough missions and you get it.

Edited by King of Crowns

5 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

Reason why I left brits and joined danes; close to swedes, French are a 20 min sail and can get an outpost near pirates / brits if I wanted

well you go get em tiger. have fun. I find no reason to go put up with all the bs I have to put up with in order to pvp. there is no reward there is no incentive. sure I get to kill people and sink their ship but that's not enough when I have to sail hours to be able to do it. RIP pvp.

Edited by King of Crowns
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackjack Morgan said:

All I ever want to do in NA is PvP but I sure as hell don't have a problem with guys who do PVE missions getting access to GEAR

As a severe PvP advocate I just wanted to say I agree.

I could see an argument that PvP kills should generate 3x - 5x the Marks as a PvE kill but really I'm not bothered by it.

Usually in any PvE+PvP game I'm just happy if PvPers can get all the loot and rewards they need via PvP. Usually we are forced to grind PvE to get gear we need.

So I'm happy with this. PvPers don't need special rewards. Killing you is my special reward. I just want access to the gear I need to do it.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

there is no more PVP marks bud. so anything you want go do enough missions and you get it.

I understand there are no more PvP marks....simply saying that if we need a special reward shop for pvp it should be in the form of cosmetic style upgrades not gear that often times is stuff everyone should have access to. Example, Optimized Rudder....I have zero problems with everyone having access to this. I just enjoy having good fights and PAINT....I really like PAINT.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Blackjack Morgan said:

The problem is the opportunity cost, and the fact that certain things (random drops) are still much more easily accessible through PvE than PvP.  The much higher value of a PvP mark vs. PvE mark was the compensation.  It's not like PvE players were blocked from buying and using PvP marks, and not like they weren't rich from selling nice module drops (I know I have made a few fairly rich).

9 minutes ago, Blackjack Morgan said:

I understand there are no more PvP marks....simply saying that if we need a special reward shop for pvp it should be in the form of cosmetic style upgrades not gear that often times is stuff everyone should have access to. Example, Optimized Rudder....I have zero problems with everyone having access to this. I just enjoy having good fights and PAINT....I really like PAINT.

I'd agree if the same things available in the shop (and some things that aren't) were not accessible through grinding AI before marks even enter the equation.

Edited by akd
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, akd said:

The problem is the opportunity cost, and the fact that certain things (random drops) are still much more easily accessible through PvE than PvP.  The much higher value of a PvP mark vs. PvE mark was the compensation.  It's not like PvE players were blocked from buying and using PvP marks, and not like they aren't rich from selling nice module drops (I know I have made a few fairly rich).

I'd agree if the same things available in the shop (and some things that aren't) were not accessible through grinding AI before marks even enter the equation.

Well for full disclosure I am on record in multiple threads not being a fan of having any mods/books being RNG based or mark based. I believe all of that sort of stuff should be accessible through crafting OR drops/marks....plus I'd do a review on a lot of them and smack 'em with the nerf bat.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, admin said:
  • PvP marks and PvE marks removed and replaced by Combat marks
  • PvP kills now give 2x combat marks to the previous pvp marks (if you got 2 pvp marks for kill you would get 4 combat marks)
  • PvP marks conversion added to convert left over pvp marks into combat marks

How that promotes pvp? We just went back to missions is the way to go. pls make the hole admiralty shop to a once per day redeem. It lost its purpos.

pvp = 2x marks is a bad joke as well. Its much easier to do pve (find and fight) as to do pvp. It should be 6x or 10times to at least promote pvp a little bit. When its not done because of alt farming or what else then maybe its time to rethink the hole mark stuff.

The other changes are good so far.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, z4ys said:

How that promotes pvp?

by making vital stuff required for pvp more affordable, hence players will be willing to risk more

Don't think grinding "pvp", aka sinking newbs to squeeze out the marks to get gear is the right approach; grind gear first, then pvp and have fun

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

people didn't have to sail 2 1/2 hours pre wipe in order to pvp. and they didn't have to deal with the dreaded revenge fleets that you guys keep crying about.

Operate out of a free port in enemy waters. PVP at your doorstep!

Works for me.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Qwolf said:

Greater risk must equal greater profit.

Using the Eve example, enormous profits could be made in nullsec for risky actions, or you could chip away in high sec and make a safe, but slow and steady profit.  Why can't we have that?  Its the reverse now.  Risky is not profitable.  Safe is profitable and has no risk.  Greater risk must equal greater profit.

I believe I stated that the ratio should be more like 5:1 to reflect the greater risk/time involved in PVP. All I was arguing was that it's ok to have a shared currency because both PVE and PVP are valid ways to play the game and people are probably going to do both irregardless. Honestly, how many people who enjoy PVP are going to stop so they can grind marks for admiralty items? I mean how many bow figures can one person mount on their ship? The complaints seem like a tempest in a teapot.

8 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

by making vital stuff required for pvp more affordable, hence players will be willing to risk more

Don't think grinding "pvp", aka sinking newbs to squeeze out the marks to get gear is the right approach; grind gear first, then pvp and have fun

would it then not be better to dump all gear?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, admin said:

Captains

Patch is being deployed to live servers

What's new

• Knowledge slots previous ships unlock requirements removed from the game, ships still have knowledge slots and require xp on this ship, but don't have pre-requisites

Great job! Carry on guys! Now there is only one thing that has to be removed CM. Better replace this with amount of ships you can own per class  - 1 x 1st , 2nd and 3rd rate per player  or something like this and than greater amount of players will be happy. Okay the people who loves to have 10 Vics will hate you but I expect the mass will accept this.

I like that pre-requisites have been removed from the knowledge slots but I'm even more concerned about where Admin sees pvp fitting in to the wider open world. The last couple of patches have made it easier for players to grind AI missions (solo or groups) outside the capital with little risk. While I can sneak in and kill a player in a 5th rate mission and probably escape the revenge fleet after an hour of tag+run spam - should this be the main form of pvp?

Perhaps pve missions need to be sent further afield to even up some of the risk/reward? Either way I'd rather not fight against ships kitted out for pve where the captain is mainly interested in escaping. At the moment why would an average player want to go out and search for decent pvp?

Id say this update is quite good! Perhaps an increase in XP per knowledge slots after tier 3 on each ship to still be a bit of a challenge though? 

And Next step 1 server! :D (yes I am very aware of people that are scared of night flips, we were 1 ported due to night flips, we got over it.) 

50 minutes ago, Fellvred said:

I like that pre-requisites have been removed from the knowledge slots but I'm even more concerned about where Admin sees pvp fitting in to the wider open world. The last couple of patches have made it easier for players to grind AI missions (solo or groups) outside the capital with little risk. While I can sneak in and kill a player in a 5th rate mission and probably escape the revenge fleet after an hour of tag+run spam - should this be the main form of pvp?

Perhaps pve missions need to be sent further afield to even up some of the risk/reward? Either way I'd rather not fight against ships kitted out for pve where the captain is mainly interested in escaping. At the moment why would an average player want to go out and search for decent pvp?

u will have to wait for the pvp version of this game to be released at this point. I believe its called naval action legacy or something like that. this just turned into Naval action PVE edition. I have no idea what gave the devs the idea that this was the right move. perhaps they couldn't control the alt farming enough? they gave no explanation for this move.

Edited by King of Crowns
  • Like 1