Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 1 for patch 10.1

admin

Captains - hot fix is being deployed today to live servers

• Low level missions fixed -  6th rates no longer spawn in 7th rate missions
  • Brace now protects your crew from explosions (unless its you who explodes). If you know someone is planning to explode use brace to reduce crew losses.
  • Fixed bugs with rum repairs - surgeon now repairs 30% crew and uses rum properly in instance (1 crew = 1 rum)
  • Increased hostility points generation from pve and pvp by 25%
  • Bellona and 74 blueprints added to a pirate den
  • Speeds at certain angles and turn rates adjusted (mostly improved) for the following vessels
    • Privateer (angles to wind turning)
    • Lynx (turning)
    • Niagara (angles to wind)
    • Rattlesnake (turning)
    • Renommee (turning)
    • Cerberus (speed)
    • Snow (speed, angles to wind)
    • Brig (speed, angles to wind)
    • Endymion (turning)
    • Constitution (turning)
    • Mercury (angles)
    • Surprise, Endymion and Renomme were too fast at close angles to wind and their bonuses the were slightly reduced (approximately 0,5 knot loss at 15 and 45 degrees to wind)
    • Some ships lost a bit of speed at 180 (including constitution and endymion)
  • Several important bugs fixed

Significant changes

• Basic cutter is now a basic pve farming ship. It will not be able to attack players and join pvp battles and outlaw battles (battles originated against the player) as reinforcement. It will still be pulled into combat instance if he is in the pull circle.
  • Open world Unstuck command (Tow to port) has returned to its original form. It sends player to the nearest deepwater port (not to capital). It was a temporary change because we had to the random teleport bug. 
  • Ship knowledge tree requirements were relaxed and changed at high level ships. 

Experimental feature

• Hull and Rig repairs now share cooldown to provide more depth in combat tactics

We plan to address fleets in outlaw battles issues this month. We know it is an important issue.

Please try not to hoard your conquest marks and spend them - we plan to gradually increase prices for permits over time.

Discuss

knowledge slots changes

07Jc9rw.png

3cnRJFQ.png

• Like 24

2 minutes ago, admin said:

Captains - hot fix is being deployed today to live servers

• Low level missions fixed -  6th rates no longer spawn in 7th rate missions
  • Brace now protects your crew from explosions (unless its you who explodes). If you know someone is planning to explode use brace to reduce crew losses.
  • Fixed bugs with rum repairs - surgeon now repairs 30% crew and uses rum properly in instance (1 crew = 1 rum)
  • Increased hostility points generation from pve and pvp by 25%
  • Bellona and 74 blueprints added to a pirate den
  • Speeds at certain angles and turn rates adjusted (mostly improved) for the following vessels
    • Privateer (angles to wind turning)
    • Lynx (turning)
    • Niagara (angles to wind)
    • Rattlesnake (turning)
    • Renommee (turning)
    • Cerberus (speed)
    • Snow (speed, angles to wind)
    • Brig (speed, angles to wind)
    • Endymion (turning)
    • Constitution (turning)
  • Several important bugs fixed

Significant changes

• Basic cutter is now a basic pve farming ship. It will not be able to attack players and join pvp battles and outlaw battles (battles originated against the player) as reinforcement. It will still be pulled into combat instance if he is in the pull circle.
  • Open world Unstuck command (Tow to port) has returned to its original form. It sends player to the nearest deepwater port (not to capital). It was a temporary change because we had to the random teleport bug. 
  • Ship knowledge tree requirements were relaxed and changed at high level ships. 

Experimental feature

• Hull and Rig repairs now share cooldown to provide more depth in combat tactics

We plan to address fleets in outlaw battles issues this month. We know it is an important issue.

Please try not to hoard your conquest marks and spend them - we plan to gradually increase prices for permits over time.

Discuss

Yes, very nice Hotfix.

I love this part:

Significant changes

Thx very much Devs, great work.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, admin said:

Discuss

Is there any way pirates can get some ship that need them in the Pirates Den.  The low level SOL permits are nice, but now that I have an Aggy BP that is all I'll spend it on and I shouldn't be going through those to fast.   Would be nice if we got a shallow water ships or something 4th rate or below in the shop since we are suppose to be the master of the shallows and light ships.

I think the repair cool down is a good step, we might change the time between repairs now since there is a shared cool down.  I was feeling the 10 mins was to short with the none share as folks would constantly spam repairs in battle.   We will test and give feed back.

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

Is there any way pirates can get some ship that need them in the Pirates Den.  The low level SOL permits are nice, but now that I have an Aggy BP that is all I'll spend it on and I shouldn't be going through those to fast.   Would be nice if we got a shallow water ships or something 4th rate or below in the shop since we are suppose to be the master of the shallows and light ships.

Pirates already laid down the first 1st rates by pvping with eachother during the day you could exchange PVP marks for Conquest marks.  I think you're doing just fine. :)

2 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Pirates already laid down the first 1st rates by pvping with eachother during the day you could exchange PVP marks for Conquest marks.  I think you're doing just fine. :)

pirates cannot get marks by pvping against each other.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, admin said:

Open world Unstuck command (Tow to port) has returned to its original form. It sends player to the nearest deepwater port (not to capital). It was a temporary change because we had to the random teleport bug. 

Finally!

6 minutes ago, admin said:

The relative rates used to be pretty good before the pensions were introduced. Blueprints should be quite a lot more expensive than permits, so that becoming a crafter is a much bigger expense than buying a new ship. This also gives lord protectors an advantage in becoming crafters of high level ships, but not an insurmountable one.

I still think that we could go back to the old conquest marks prices from before Such is a lord, but at the same time only give pensions once a week, reducing pensions by a factor of 7. Or just increase all conquest mark prices so that relative to each other blueprints and permits are about as expensive as they used to be.

Could we have the notes from yesterday's hotfix too? You removed important regions - anything else?

Actually I thought the important regions were a good thing, although some of them were unwisely placed (right next to the danish capital, giving pretty safe access to a safe region that is also very hard to have flipped in order to change lord protectors.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, admin said:

There goes my steady income...  It was good while it lasted. Hello 6 hour round trips.

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

pirates cannot get marks by pvping against each other.

Oh interesting, in global they claimed that's how they got their Santi in the water today.  Cause apparently on day one you could convert PVE to PVP to Conquest Marks.  I think day one with 10.0's release.

Edited by Landomatic

1 minute ago, Anolytic said:

Could we have the notes from yesterday's hotfix too? You removed important regions - anything else?

hmmm.. this was not done.. is it true? Can lords of Cartagena or Port au prince confirm? 

1 minute ago, Landomatic said:

Oh interesting, in global they claimed that's how they got their Santi in the water today.

You should not believe things said on the internet. Some of those things are not true. Outlaw battles (pirate vs pirate) do not give rewards. 

• Like 6

hmmm.. this was not done.. is it true? Can lords of Cartagena or Port au prince confirm? 

I can't say 100% for sure, but what we have heard from Swedes is that they also don't get the important region bonus anymore.

3 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Oh interesting, in global they claimed that's how they got their Santi in the water today.

Either someone was trolling, or someone was making unfounded accusations.

Edited by Anolytic

Thank you for the essential changes, mainly and in my opinion, the Basic Cutter changes, teleport to capital ( was helpful but removed too much traffic from the OW ).

Time to verify the adjustments made on the ships attitudes to the wind, especially the sloop/schoons and brig types.

Shared cooldown is a interesting change. A bit unsure but nothing like testing.

Thumbs up.

1 minute ago, AxIslander said:

NO! They get them by the way of arranged PB!

Was a day zero 10.0 issue/glitch, later hot-fixed according to the pirate chatting me up right now.

Edited by Landomatic

1 minute ago, AxIslander said:

NO! They get them by the way of arranged PB!

We reprimand players farming pvp marks if the exploit was caught on video or with other sufficient proof. 

And yet - even if you have 1000 pvp marks for example - how can you turn them into a first rate?

Love where the game is at the moment.  Really encouraging the PBs.  Keep up the excellent work.

7 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Either someone was trolling, or someone was making unfounded accusations.

The proud owner was concise in his explanation.  Seemed an unusual thing be proud of.  But our community has it's hefty share of troll food as well.

Edited by Landomatic

We reprimand players farming pvp marks if the exploit was caught on video or with other sufficient proof. 

And yet - even if you have 1000 pvp marks for example - how can you turn them into a first rate?

I dont know, i don't have enough pvp marks to do anything. The one big chance i had, to earn pvp was some days ago, when round 30 ships in our nation sailed up to Louisiana to challange the spanish PB. They preffered to joins an empty PB instead of fighting us. Easy Conquest Marks, i suppose its better then hard earned pvp marks.