Game-Labs Forum

Dear Developer's

How does it feel to finally kill off the best age of sail game there is on the market.  ?

I will not go into why, all i can say it this: the more restrictions u put in the game the less ppl will play it.

2 weeks from now there will be 100 - 200 players left.   Fun all round.  Oh w8. No its not.

• Like 2

Yes it is maybe a little bit hard and needs to be turned a bit back. But on the other hand we had 1100 Player yesterday on EU wich is more then in the past 6 month i think so not really dead more like growing ....

• Like 2

To be frank, i m woried all casuals and more pve axed players will leave soon, and any pvp game like NA need pve players to support fighters. But it s EA we will see how the player base grow and how devs will tune the game :)

Personnaly i think all pb ships are actualy to hard to craft, but i m not nostradamus. Except this critical point, i m ok with all other 10.0 change.

Edited by charognard666
Edit

8 hours ago, Benass said:

I will not go into why

Sir, if you are not willing to go into the why by not willingly construct a honest feedback then why make a thread ?

If you so wish to make your opinion "heard" ( read on a screen ) do so properly and not some two lines rant thread about how "the sky is falling".

Well written feedback is always read. Hopefully you can do that soon.

Thank you :)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Benass said:

To many Restrictions.

Given that many players do not share the same opinion and did indeed share their views in a more extensive way you might wish, I hope, to expand that.

As far as I could experience, and myself didn't redeem anything from before and started from zero, didn't find any restrictions so far.

What I found was a more in depth risk and reward symbiotic relation to decision making and a more in.depth necessity to plan action.

• Like 1

NA Staff (and also all NA players) should be concerned by the simple fact that a whole category of players (the "casual "or - as someone else defined them - "carebears") seems to be willing to dislike the new versione of the game. I am concerned about this, since I know a good MMO shall have a lot of players online to work properly and carebears are a substantial part of each MMO (also PVE ones, look at EVE).

The reason of this situation is being clearly explained in countless threads in the comments to the new patch. So it's hilarious that there is still something that pretends not to know it.

And BTW, I'm not a casual player (even though I do not engage in PVP often) but - frankly speaking - skill has very little to do with having good results in this game. All you actually need is a little bit of planning in what you do and having a crapton of hours to throw in the game ... TIME TO SPEND ONLINE is the actual key factor to make you king in this new version of the game. Is this "hardcore" or "grind"? Dunno, but what I know is that the more the players online, the better for both hardcore players and carebears.

Edited by victor

Indeed this game has become even more demanding than in the past. 

I think that large clans with dedicated players will love it but all the solo players will come and leave.

Once you've lost your ship that took you so long to buy with crew, cannons, etc.. well you're back to PVE and grinding again to pay for the next one. 

Cycle this 2/3 times and you give up. It's unfortunate because having 1100 players online is refreshing and brings back great memories but we know how that ended....

Just bring back solo missions, so PvE players can get gold in order to supply the PvPers with ships, Simple eco fix...not hard.

Problem with the eco is to much demand no supply, so players want ships but no one is making them yet, not enough resourced produced to even make them.

Edited by ironhammer500
  • Like 1

Sooooooo.....   is this a "Good-bye Cruel World" or not?  

Because all of the people who say they're quitting seem to have been quitting for some time now.  

The game is harder now. Some people like it.  Some people hate it. 

But it is was the devs have decided and it's your choice to play or not.  

2 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Sooooooo.....   is this a "Good-bye Cruel World" or not?  

Because all of the people who say they're quitting seem to have been quitting for some time now.  

The game is harder now. Some people like it.  Some people hate it. 

But it is was the devs have decided and it's your choice to play or not.  

There is a lot of outrage, mainly at solo missons being removed and the sheer cost of getting stuff now, i get devs dont want 100s millions of gold but well now its just boring as no one is  willing to do much, fleet missions suck.

PvE server consists for our clan of going hunting for 1-2 hours for 1 or 2 ships maybe nothing, or stuck doing Master and com fleet missions because the Post captain ones ramp up to much for any ships to handle it.

Just check out the steam forums for this game, there is a lot more out rage and complaints.

Edited by ironhammer500

1 hour ago, monk33y said:

People are complaining that it's too hard for the pve crowd.you have a pve server for christ sake!!!

Hopefully the devs listen then since the pvp crowd are whining so much more and we all know they cater to the pvp crowd...its the reason we have this mess, game was fine pre-wipe.

12 hours ago, charognard666 said:

To be frank, i m woried all casuals and more pve axed players will leave soon, and any pvp game like NA need pve players to support fighters. But it s EA we will see how the player base grow and how devs will tune the game :)

Personnaly i think all pb ships are actualy to hard to craft, but i m not nostradamus. Except this critical point, i m ok with all other 10.0 change.

There used to be a nice balance between pve and pvp players all on the same huge server and huge huge map that let people plan out how they wanted to play and play thier way unless only the most persistent and clever antagonist figured out how to disrupt it.

Hmmm what was it that ruined this balance?  I cant place it but something shrank the massive map into a pin head and tossed everyone in the blender together.  I cant recall what it was that caused it but it was something big.

18 hours ago, Benass said:

How does it feel to finally kill off the best age of sail game there is on the market.  ?

I will not go into why, all i can say it this: the more restrictions u put in the game the less ppl will play it.

2 weeks from now there will be 100 - 200 players left.   Fun all round.  Oh w8. No its not.

Sorry to hear that, and hope the Developers notice the drain. 

The easier it is for people to get ships the more likely they will be willing to participate in PVP.  I've put in 71 hours since the patch and feel like I've gotten nowhere.  That's more hours than I work at my second job. 

Edited by ltdan83

On 5/29/2017 at 4:17 AM, Lonar said:

Yes it is maybe a little bit hard and needs to be turned a bit back. But on the other hand we had 1100 Player yesterday on EU wich is more then in the past 6 month i think so not really dead more like growing ....

Yeah 98% grind grind grind, that's why we have numbers. 

3 hours ago, Hodo said:

What are you doing?  I have put in maybe 30 hours since the patch and have bought and fulled armed a Renomee, I am sailing around in a Navy Brig that is my money maker, and I can build my own ships now.  

I havent been doing trade runs or sailing afk for hours while I farm sharks and fish meat.  

Im sorry u said u can build your own ships now? 

Can u build a Bellona ? Oh w8 no u cant. I think u need pvp marks or some shit.

All Admiralty permits to get blueprints and build actual ships is a game killer.

Req are out of hand.  150 pve barges to build a conie*.(might be wrong here)  are u friking kidding me.  

Hang on. try and build a Victory.   See what i did there. 

Edited by Benass

I stopped playing pvp since they added Crew management. That was the point were pvp was to expensive.

Take it as a feedback.    Fair winds to u all in Empty seas.   I wish it was the other way. ;/

19 minutes ago, Benass said:

Im sorry u said u can build your own ships now? 

Can u build a Bellona ? Oh w8 no u cant. I think u need pvp marks or some shit.

All Admiralty permits to get blueprints and build actual ships is a game killer.

Req are out of hand.  150 pve barges to build a conie*.(might be wrong here)  are u friking kidding me.  

Hang on. try and build a Victory.   See what i did there. 

You want to build and sail a Victory within one week of a asset wipe!??!

Yes, I see what you did there....  I believe its called entitlement.

But since you dont play anymore, I'm not sure why I'm even commenting.

Fair winds, good sir.

• Like 2