Game-Labs Forum

Starting Ships after wipe...

In all seriousness, my friends,

I think it would be best if the starter ships were one of the lower strengths of ship for their respective class of ships. the Privateer is excellent, however the Surprise is undoubtedly one of the most powerful light frigates. The Indie is comparable to the Connie in that she overpowers pretty much all other frigates. If we all have ships given to us for free that are mid-higher tier of their class of ship, then demand for the other ships below their firepower (the eighteen pounder frigates for example) will inevitably be decreased.

I propose:

Privateer as our good sixth rate, step above cutter

Pandora (Devs did say we're already getting this so might as well use her as our free "light frigate"), seems like a very fine light ship. A point to step off into obtaining the larger 9pdr ships like the Ren, Surp and eventually Belle? 

Frigate/Cheribum for her 18pdr rating. Captains use it to step off into larger 18pdr ships like the Essex, Trinc and further on into the powerful 24pdr ships. 

Trader Brig as a good early-game trading ship, to at least get your flow of supplies going.

If the horrendous ship knowledge tree is to be in game, then the warships need to all fall within the same tree. Since I only have experience with one tree [the Constitution/Endymion tree], I'd propose:

Privateer/Surprise/Trincomalee and a trader's Brig on the side 

But I really hope the ridiculous knowledge tree system is abandoned for a more logical system as many of us have proposed.

Rarely used ships just to get people going but still want to get/craft their own, and small enough to not stockpile for particular assaults early (e.g. 25x Indefatigables). Also better to get going for low-tier upgrade unlocks.

Privateer

Trader Snow

Niagara

Cerberus

11 hours ago, Shrez said:
  1. LGV
  2. Rattlesnake
  3. Trinco
  4. 3rd rate

You know that is funny I was actually thinking of saying the 3rd rate for every one since most of us are all RA/Curse level.  It will bring back the 3rd rate in Port Battles once again....lol

Though your asking for all top tier ships of there class.

1. Privateer/Pickle (would be nice to pick)

2. Surprise/Rennom (your scout hunters)

3.   Indefatigable - we need a grinding ship and this could be a good pick as one permit ship, but the 3rd Rate would allow us to grind bigger fleets.  Might be an interesting option.  (Oh wait pirates can't craft easly SOL's so that would not be fair for the pirates to give them a SOL's cause you know they have a billion restrictions and no perks over the other nationals.)

4.  Trader Snow (lets make it small and folks will have to earn a bigger one or craft it.)

Remember folks a lot of us are maxed out and not going to want to start with all shallow ships to get back up and going.  The more you limit the more economy is going to be limited too.  I think the Devs should seed the shops at first to (won't reproduce the goods, but enough to get folks started in ports).  Maybe give every one a starting package to let them have some gold and cannons and maybe some resources from the start.  With the basic cutter this will also mean your dock spaces are all full now.   

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

2 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

If you read the announcement  you'll notice it is planned for Release. 

I swear folks don't read anything any more....but there was a hint it could come a bit early....hint hint hint...lol

Though this would be a cool time to test any of the other ships that are in in development and might be ready for the OW.   Kinda like ya'll did with the Wappen, which I can't stand, but I know a lot of folks are hoping it will now be craftable.  Though that would be a cool suprise if they slipped one of the new ships in as one of the 4 ships so we can break them in and test them.  1 dura means they won't last long either.  Hell I would be happy if every one got the Santa Cecilia for putting up with the wait for the patch to go live. I mean it's only 1 dura and you can make it a one time redeemable that you only get the week of the patch going live if you been logging in or something....lol

• Like 1