Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 3 for testbed patch 9.99

admin

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

My only complaint is they get three slots free, they should have to grind for them just like the rest of us so they prob all had speed stacked mods when I only have one slot open on this tub boat of a Cerberus.  I did like how fast the response from us pirates when you called out even from another port.  Good job on that guys.

Not to worry. It's a short lived advantage. By September everyone OW combat ships will be at least x3 shots. 

3 minutes ago, Suricato Rojo said:

Admiralty is already paying xp and money for nothing (a sunked ship)

Yah exactly

2 minutes ago, admin said:

yes. so do what admiralty says to get rewarded. 

I'm a Pirate, Admiralty shouldn't be paying me crap. My payment is my loot and my experience....   Why is so hard a concept to reward folks for a fight no matter if they sink or capture a ship with xp.  Again I'm not asking for credits or marks.  The Admiralty doesn't pay experience that is something you gain from doing something.  They might pay out for sinked ships gold and marks, but that isn't what experience is about.  It is what you gain from doing something.  An action and I should get the same treatment as any other player that uses a means to gain that end and it's kill the other ship.   I'm not saying it has to be the same xp as for a sinked ship, but we should still gain something. I never been in a game where you didn't get the same or close to it for a kill as you did capture.  Actually every game you had a capture (no kill option) you actually got more XP than just killing some one.  Cause the no kill action tends to be harder than the just kill it and move on.

OH and we don't have to sink alts to abuse them.  There is another way that pays out way faster in xp and credits they can use and it has nothing to do with a capture or sink of a ship.  Though it is part of combat if some one is that desperate to do it every hour than so be it,  it's prob only 1% of the game that exploits and you shouldn't punish the other 99%, but you should be strict when you find those folks and punish them properly.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

and you just described half the players out there that folks get too.  Not just the AI.  Hell we been in some fights where we prob would of got a better challenged against AI cause the players (not just one, but more than one) was just that bad.

Fair enough, but at least the players can chose to change.  I really don't see any skill value gains in players fighting almost carbon copy npc fights. No skill is gained either inside or outside the game.  But beside that, the admins put in the ruling to address game data recorded abuses.  If you have a better idea for addressing the abuses tell them.  Otherwise, play on.  Pretty much we're all level 10s so we're only really talking ship xp and Alts anyway.

5 minutes ago, Suricato Rojo said:

How about once you catpure a ship you have 2 options:

1) Keep it. No xp and no money

2) Give it to Admiralty. It dissapear and you get xp and money. (Before you give it you can take cargo)

Fixed this, is what most of us is asking for if they don't want to give xp for the kill than atleast allow the option to give it up or not....though I think if you scuttle the ship you should get both just like a normal sink.  You just went through even more steps to make sure the ship sunk and not  a threat by checking it cargo first.

6 minutes ago, Kaos said:

I meant real life rum because these changes don't seem to make them very happy lol

No loss, all win, rewards for unfurling sails, gold for just being there, would be the definition of "happy". There's no more discussion regarding that :) better wait for arena product.

For each landlubber that dislikes OW sailing there's a happy sailor in NA for the OW entire bundle experience.

Let's concentrate on what is now because "would, should, could, maybe, if, perhaps,..." is a long story lasting half a year of pain of no OW life.

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah exactly

I'm a Pirate, Admiralty shouldn't be paying me crap.

EXACTLY

If you capture a good ship other pirates will pay you. I am sure Mortimer pirates will buy your trader brigs in hundreds. But if you capture a nice bermuda cedar privateer from NPC. I might buy it at 25k 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

No loss, all win, rewards for unfurling sails, gold for just being there, would be the definition of "happy". There's no more discussion regarding that :) better wait for arena product.

For each landlubber that dislikes OW sailing there's a happy sailor in NA for the OW entire bundle experience.

Let's concentrate on what is now because "would, should, could, maybe, if, perhaps,..." is a long story lasting half a year of pain of no OW life.

I see missing the point is one of your strongest traits. I have been proposing these changes and 1 durability before you were sailing on OS in this game.

Friendly warning. We already had a patch discussion that ended up with 5 permanent and 10 timed bans because people started talking about pizza and other useless information. 

Focus on the patch content. Off topic posters and noise makers will be removed from forums.

• Like 5

Just now, admin said:

EXACTLY

:) so sell it to other pirates. I am sure Mortimer pirates will buy your trader brigs in hundreds. But if you capture a nice bermuda cedar privateer from NPC. I might buy it at 25k 

AND NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT THAT.  WE ARE TALKING ABOUT OUR XP FOR THE BATTLE.  

I can give two craps what some one does with the ship, but if I spend an hour demasting some one boarding them and than wining. I should get the same xp as some one that took 15 mins to sink the same ship.

We are agreeing the ship is our reward so we don't get credits and marks from it.  It's the XP that your being illogical about.  Why are we getting punished from our experience in play cause we choose a different means to get the kill and now we get nothing.  Again I capture 1000 ships and I get no xp for a single one, but some noob kills 10 ships by sinking and he gets xp.  He will be higher level than me cause he sanked them.  Does this mean he's any more experience in the game than me?  Hell no he's not, in fact he just scratched the game, but since I didn't sink them with cannon balls I'm still rank 1 cause I gain no xp.

You are forcing every one to play one style to advance in the game, you must only grind and sink ships to get experience in combat.  Tell me one other game that does this that if you kill something one way you get nothing, but if you kill it another way you get full rewards?

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

We are agreeing the ship is our reward so we don't get credits and marks from it.  It's the XP that your being illogical about.  Why are we getting punished from our experience in play cause we choose a different means to get the kill and now we get nothing.  Again I capture 1000 ships and I get no xp for a single one, but some noob kills 10 ships by sinking and he gets xp.  He will be higher level than me cause he sanked them.  Does this mean he's any more experience in the game than me?  Hell no he's not, in fact he just scratched the game, but since I didn't sink them with cannon balls I'm still rank 1 cause I gain no xp.

Right now there is a bug that does not give xp if you sink a surrendered ship. Once it fixed. Rob it and sink it. 
But if you captured it and brought it home.. well - you have the ship - its your reward

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

The funnest part about this whole subject is a Warship or Trader weight was the same no matter how much cargo it had or didn't have.  They added Rocks for ballast or removed as needed to keep ship at top speed. Empty or full didn't matter.  So if  don't know what the lines on a ships hull then or now,  now you know so the whole subject is worthless.

That is 100% false. Additional weight results in additional hull below the water line.  Additional hull equals additional drag.  Now, you COULD make the argument that POTENTIAL top speed would not change, and that would be true.  However if you have equal hulls and equal wind, the heavier-laden ship WILL be slower to accelerate and have a slowertop speed.  

Straight from the mouth of a naval architect.  

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Kaos said:

I think you need to give pvers some rum very fast because this picture illustrates what is happening to them right now regarding the changes and it sounds like it's happening without the rum.

How is anything bad ever happening to PVE players unless the NPCs suddenly decide to band together and go all Blade Runner on them?  PVE players don't lose ships hardly ever. They never lose assets and no one can take any of their ports away from them. 

I'd love to be a programmer on the PVE server for one day.  I'd have the AI fleets all switch flags, blockade the ports and flip them into port battles.  Would the PVE crowd rally to the challenge to defend their assets from attacking NPCs?  Or just complain about it till the Devs have to stop NPCs from attacking them?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sir Joseph Blaine said:

That is 100% false. Additional weight results in additional hull below the water line.  Additional hull equals additional drag.  Now, you COULD make the argument that POTENTIAL top speed would not change, and that would be true.  However if you have equal hulls and equal wind, the heavier-laden ship WILL be slower to accelerate and have a slowertop speed.  

Straight from the mouth of a naval architect.  

No Shit problem is you put 500 pounds of what ever you take 500 pounds of Ballast off.  there is no diffrence

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, admin said:

Right now there is a bug that does not give xp if you sink a surrendered ship. Once it fixed. Rob it and sink it. 
But if you captured it and brought it home.. well - you have the ship - its your reward

See you needed to say this clear a while ago.  You keep saying just sink it and you get reward, but wasn't adding the it's bugged part.  I tested it serveral times and have F11 it after each patch cause you keep saying you can sink and get reward.  

Thanks for clearing it up.

Would be nice when you do the cargo thing and have a chance to add crew or not if we had a SKUTTLE SHIP option.  That way if you capture more than one ship in a fight you can skuttle it so no one else can use it during the fight (port battles?)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bach said:

I'd love to be a programmer on the PVE server for one day.  I'd have the AI fleets all switch flags, blockade the ports and flip them into port battles.  Would the PVE crowd rally to the challenge to defend their assets from attacking NPCs?  Or just complain about it till the Devs have to stop NPCs from attacking them?

can you program in C#? - write to me in private

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bach said:

How is anything bad ever happening to PVE players unless the NPCs suddenly decide to band together and go all Blade Runner on them?  PVE players don't lose ships hardly ever. They never lose assets and no one can take any of their ports away from them. 

emm seriously ? pver's on pvp will find that there is no more market for their capped npc ships therefore free money printing gone with the real value being in player crafted ships and they actually have to cap them from other players now if they want to skip crafting them, trading being turned into player to player and no more free handouts and magical euro traders to always guarantee a contract fill? Oh and when they want to trade between ports they actually have to be on the map being a target and not just tp through their outposts doing risk free trading? I am not talking about pve server but the pvers that have decided to make pvp server their home.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

No Shit problem is you put 500 pounds of what ever you take 500 pounds of Ballast off.  there is no diffrence

What you are really thinking of is the amount of ballast required to keep a ship stable. You actually want the ship as light as possible but you do need a certain minimum amount of ballast to keep it stable. If you add 500 pounds of goods you could take out 500 pounds of ballast to keep the minimum weight the same, so the ship doesn't roll over, while also keeping the ship as light as possible -- your cargo has become your ballast. (In practice I have to imagine this is complicated though because 500 pounds of less-dense cargo is not going to give you the same, correct center-of-mass as 500 pounds of dense ballast. I can imagine a captain deciding to throw out his 500 pounds of ballast, thinking it'll be fine with 500 pounds of wool until his ship rolls over in the first wave.)

If your ship can carry 5000 pounds maximum, you do not load it with 5000 pounds of rocks because you think you always need maximum weight. That will only slow you down (or in modern ships, waste fuel).

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kaos said:

pver's on pvp will find that there is no more market for their capped npc ships

Why is that?

That would have been true a year ago. Not much market for a 1 dura captured ship. Now that all ships are 1 dura, and costly to make, you might actually find a market for captured ships, assuming you get a popular model.

Obviously this won't work well on test server but in the real, live game I suspect it will be a real thing.

2 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Nope, when you can cap your alt or enemy friend over and over again and get XP for it the system is useless, people will be max level in 2 days with all ships while others need months.

So by that theory you shouldn't get XP, or Money from any interaction with another player as it could be abused or miss used. All while allowing users to cap AI ships for max level and a ton of cash in two days? I thought you wanted PVP?

With the changes to Teleport you would have to spend the time to sail out each time you died. At what point do we just report it verse have the devs wast time trying to find a fun and engaging way to stop players from using every possible way to exploit something? 

2 hours ago, JobaSet said:

I know he wants to hold his ground.  But we are on Ships that cost money. for a ship to magicly not not be worth anything because you captured it is well just Stupid

Ohh I agree, just don't think players primary source of income should be caping AI ships. If you want to encourage players to PVP, you got to make the reward worth the risk. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slamz said:

Why is that?

That would have been true a year ago. Not much market for a 1 dura captured ship. Now that all ships are 1 dura, and costly to make, you might actually find a market for captured ships, assuming you get a popular model.

Obviously this won't work well on test server but in the real, live game I suspect it will be a real thing.

They really aren't that costly. I have every thing to make a 4th rate just waiting for my stupid stone mine to catch up and get the 500 stones I need for a level 2 shipyard.   They really aren't that costly if you just work at it.

20 minutes ago, Slamz said:

What you are really thinking of is the amount of ballast required to keep a ship stable. You actually want the ship as light as possible but you do need a certain minimum amount of ballast to keep it stable. If you add 500 pounds of goods you could take out 500 pounds of ballast to keep the minimum weight the same, so the ship doesn't roll over, while also keeping the ship as light as possible -- your cargo has become your ballast. (In practice I have to imagine this is complicated though because 500 pounds of less-dense cargo is not going to give you the same, correct center-of-mass as 500 pounds of dense ballast. I can imagine a captain deciding to throw out his 500 pounds of ballast, thinking it'll be fine with 500 pounds of wool until his ship rolls over in the first wave.)

If your ship can carry 5000 pounds, you do not load it with 5000 pounds of rocks because you think you always need maximum weight. That will only slow you down (or in modern ships, waste fuel).

You move cargo or ballast to where you need it in the boat ver what you are adding or removing.  

15 minutes ago, Daguse said:

So by that theory you shouldn't get XP, or Money from any interaction with another player as it could be abused or miss used. All while allowing users to cap AI ships for max level and a ton of cash in two days? I thought you wanted PVP?

With the changes to Teleport you would have to spend the time to sail out each time you died. At what point do we just report it verse have the devs wast time trying to find a fun and engaging way to stop players from using every possible way to exploit something? 

Ohh I agree, just don't think players primary source of income should be caping AI ships. If you want to encourage players to PVP, you got to make the reward worth the risk. 

I don't care what it is PVP or PVE you should get more capping a boat it cost you more for crew.

16 minutes ago, Kaos said:

pver's on pvp will find that there is no more market for their capped npc ships

3 minutes ago, Slamz said:

Why is that?

Aren't NPC ships gimped compared to player made ones? If they weren't then why would anyone waste time hauling resources to get their ungimped one if they could play the lottery and hope to catch a good one from npc? Last time we had golden ships with 3-5 most people disregarded anything that wasn't maxed out 3-5 golden colored no matter how long it took to get a decent rng roll if I remember correctly.