Game-Labs Forum

Just a general question to all you hardcore sailors

So I've been following along on the forums and realized most if not all of you are "taking a break" until the wipe because there's "nothing to gain" if the wipe will be happening shortly. Now level with me here, everything's getting wiped, including all of the ports you've all fought so hard over. Instead of just taking a break, especially those of you in clans; why not take advantage of this time on the test bed server and start going over your formations for port battles and such. I mean they do give you a lot of ships after all. Think of this time as the preseason for football or something. As Benjamin Franklin once said "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Grimmbit said:

So I've been following along on the forums and realized most if not all of you are "taking a break" until the wipe because there's "nothing to gain" if the wipe will be happening shortly. Now level with me here, everything's getting wiped, including all of the ports you've all fought so hard over. Instead of just taking a break, especially those of you in clans; why not take advantage of this time on the test bed server and start going over your formations for port battles and such. I mean they do give you a lot of ships after all. Think of this time as the preseason for football or something. As Benjamin Franklin once said "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.".

:)

I do not understand it either, although many invested a lot of time playing this game. And just like you said those were "hardcore" players, every day several hours online.

Its legit if they take a small break, because i know there were times playing this game, it was very exhausting, and time consuming.

So do not worry, after all it is just a game, when the patch hits, we will see many many players online :)

• Like 1

I have been playing for just over a year with 2000+ hours under my belt along with a full time job and there's players who have amounted a lot more. I think most are taking a break so they enjoy the game again also I'm waiting to see what changes are actually implemented in patch what doesn't make it otherwise no offence but until patch hits proper it's all just rumours/gossip.

• Like 2

In terms of needing more ships. I have at least 2 first rates in 8 ports. And likewise with 4th/5th rates, with the rest smaller vessels. When the tested does come up, which it hasn't, we do plan on going there. But as for now we are burnt out and tired of how this game is being jostled from one extreme to the other at poor times .

Also, to answer your first question...  I think most of us just need a break from the game for a bit.  Now seems like the best time.  As a newer member, I understand that it is hard to believe, because I played this game pretty much daily since for the past year and racked up over 2000 hrs. (Dont tell my wife).   It really IS a great game when the OW is full of people and I've become good friends with several of my clan mates.  Testing is tough because people get used to things they shouldnt.  I'm as guilty as the rest when it comes to coveting pixels more than I should.  I know, in our clan at least, that a number of us are anxiously awating the upcoming changes/wipe and will eagerly start playing again.  However, burn-out is rea.  And its better to take breaks while we can than just fizzle out one by one....  Hope that explains it a bit.  Cheers!

• Like 3

OP has a point. Nothing stopping a newcomer to learn the ropes or a veteran to welcome a newcomer and play along teaching him/her the combat controls.

While some see no risk/reward gameplay until the wipe and see a good healthy break others stop and spend time whining because they always want to prove the entire West Indies they are the best...at something, dunno.

Sorry for the sarcasm OP, not entirely uncalled for.

I know a couple fellows, gaming buddies from other landscapes, that bought the game yesterday or so, they had it in the wishlist for a while.

I did direct them to the testbed for better experience given the changes will be decided there, given controls will be fairly equal but they decided to go play as a pair into pvp production. As one of them said after a while - 64 players in Chernarus is empty, really a empty place, I already found half a dozen players in here - They want to learn and use the game as many of us do. For the immersion and experience and not as a gladiator arena.

41 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

OP has a point. Nothing stopping a newcomer to learn the ropes or a veteran to welcome a newcomer and play along teaching him/her the combat controls.

While some see no risk/reward gameplay until the wipe and see a good healthy break others stop and spend time whining because they always want to prove the entire West Indies they are the best...at something, dunno.

Sorry for the sarcasm OP, not entirely uncalled for.

I know a couple fellows, gaming buddies from other landscapes, that bought the game yesterday or so, they had it in the wishlist for a while.

I did direct them to the testbed for better experience given the changes will be decided there, given controls will be fairly equal but they decided to go play as a pair into pvp production. As one of them said after a while - 64 players in Chernarus is empty, really a empty place, I already found half a dozen players in here - They want to learn and use the game as many of us do. For the immersion and experience and not as a gladiator arena.

No no you're right I agree with you completely. I mean if they want a break they can have their break until the wipe. The Devs said the wipe would occur around the 19th of this month and the game says ETA is around the end of the month. I was just gauging to see what everyone's thoughts were give or take on just running some clan events and such through the test bed seeing as how we might be about a week away from the wipe (hopefully). that way it does give newer players that may have been just recruited a chance to see what its like working with that clan strategy wise, plus since everyone has different schedules they could schedule training days with those available.

1 hour ago, TXSailor said:

Silly question: How does one GET to the testbed server?

-Go on Steam

-Right click Naval action

-scroll down to properties

-Click on the Betas tab

-paste FcaH2KzZXutz into the bar

- Click check code

-select test bed in the drop down menu in betas

let it load and you're in the test bed :)

5 hours ago, Grimmbit said:

waiting patch on testbed

• Like 2

A number of us have been on the test server, but as others have said, we are waiting for the new content to be placed in the test server.

Then we are waiting for it to be placed on the live servers. I suppose it's the perfect excuse for us "hardcore players" to take a break from the game for a while.

5 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

Also... we are waiting for the new patch on the testbed...

Same here for most our guys.  Current testbed is stuff that should been push to live a month ago but they never did it.  Most of us plan to run the test server until the patch to learn where things area and new mechanics.  Righty now it's pointless to be over there cause it's old system and well you leave zero crafter with no bps or mats.

• Like 1