Game-Labs Forum

And the possibility to be a pirate and attack the ship with all its precious goods.

Yep!  And if you find some success at that profession then you can count on being hunted by every player of that nation due to a price on your head

" 2) top bounties and their latest location"

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/1757-battle-availability-gank-post-fleet-duty/page-1

Trade next year

Sorry for short answer

Wow. This has horrible implications.

With no trade, and also a promise of no grinding of quests... how will ships be aquired, and what will the loss of a ship be balanced against?

What will motivate piracy?

Want is the point of sailing from port to port? If ports are not mission hubs and if there is no trade then is there any reason to move about the carribean?

What will motivate anyone to sail out of port at all? Navies did not exist solely for the purposes of fighting each other. Are we just going to have fights for the sake of fight like like world of tanks?

This is a small team of developers, not a major game manufacturer. They're still very early in the development process and are rolling in features in order of importance to the project as a whole. Right now, it sounds like all there is is ship on ship death matches. They're working on a small open world concept, and something like trade will come when they figure out the economy and how it works.

Trade is quite important, you're right. But in the scheme of things it's, having a good and valid sailing and combat model , and somewhere to sail between, is more important to get done first. :)

A lack of trade may not mean a lack of gameplay in the open world. You may well still be able to sail between ports and will need maybe to purchase supplies of food, water, powder, shot, rigging and spars, but will be done through NPCs for now in the early stages of Openworld. I am guessing here though. Whilst I personally envisage being a Naval Officer, I am not completely averse to doing a bit of merchanting and trade. Rome was not built in a day and nor will NA be.....the great hing about this phased approach is that as we experience each stage of the release we can refine our ideas and thoughts about the next phase and hopefully inform the debate for the devs about how they develop the game.

I think admin meant that there will be money and goods and cost-benefit situations, but players will not be running or contributing to the economy themselves. Most games have an ambient economy in the world that structures players' actions and advancement, even if they don't trade anything besides captured loot. Like a less-detailed Skyrim. Or the Soviet Union.

• Like 1

Trade next year

Sorry for short answer

I'm both dissapointed but conforted by this news

Dissapointed because it means we'll have to wait longer for a real sandbox open world (where player driven trade&economy are essential). Let's face it, when one is hyped he wants things soon, so well, yeah. There. Dissapointed ;).

Conforted because at least you guys have both the intelligence and the courage to step forward and say "we can't do this in time, we'd rather delay it than rushing it in a very raw and unready state". It requires intelligence to identify oneself's limitations and the real scope of the things he can do, and do well. And it takes courage to accept those limitations and work with them to produce something proper and well fleshed out, rather than rushing things because "people will get impatient". Too many developers are guilty of the latter (and of course you can feel it in their product).

for what regards to me guys, as long as you deliver a good experience in the end and a well thought out one, I'm not in a rush. If you need time with the ship part of the game and other aspects of it before messing with trade, go ahead and work on those. I'd rather wait some months for trade to be implemented on top of something that works properly (even while ofc it won't be perfect upon release), than having it before time in a raw and very poor implementation when the things you should be working on aren't ready yet. In fact this announcement (while not a positive one) really makes me feel I did well in entrusting you with a preorder of the game as I get a feeling of a developer that really is interested in producing and delivering something which is good...rather than delivering "anything" whatever the state it's said "anything".

(said that, release the damned sea trials ALREADY! DAMNIT! XDDDDD)

Dont know yours expectations about Naval Action but i surly dont want another game similar to WoT or War Thunder. I want complex sandbox open world game based of great sea combat model with player driven economy and conquest. Hoping for that kind of game i bought pre order. If game will look like War Thunder or WoT i will be very disapointed. I have no fun at all playing with random poeple in random battles without comms. Thats what worry me a bit noticed earlier by somebody: even great sea combat it only sea combat and may be boring after few weeks of playing. This game HAVE to be something more something that PotBS wanted to be in past but much much better imo. And i know this will take a lot of developers time but no rush here...do what need to be done in peoper oder

• Like 1

Wow. This has horrible implications.

With no trade, and also a promise of no grinding of quests... how will ships be aquired, and what will the loss of a ship be balanced against?

What will motivate piracy?

Want is the point of sailing from port to port? If ports are not mission hubs and if there is no trade then is there any reason to move about the carribean?

What will motivate anyone to sail out of port at all? Navies did not exist solely for the purposes of fighting each other. Are we just going to have fights for the sake of fight like like world of tanks?

You do realise next year is like 4 weeks away right?

Also why does a game need to motivate pirates? Why does everybody that plays sailing games always think the centre of the universe are pirates?

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...