Game-Labs Forum

PvP Event Feedback

I think this event is quite retarded, top pvp hunters were already doing good in the OW, now they get a place on a leaderboard plus extra cookies (good for them, but what good for the game ?) 

After few days we now can see massive fleets blockading the zone of the event, denying entrance to small groups, tagging even outside of it, or expecting them to fall in the trap to be ganked. Not sure what is the point here.

In a few weeks everyone will loose interest in it i think. You'd better reward all the pvp battles with item drop (random paint & upgrades) and designate pvp zone on the map as part of the hostility mechanic (port blockade signaled on the map).

Also, i still don't understand if there is special roe in the zone or if it's just the signaling perk, 'cause saturday we got tagged by a lone consti, catching our trinco/frigs group, then he got joined by another consti, then an Inger, a Buc and a Indef, not my vision of "until battle get balanced"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

I think this event is quite retarded, top pvp hunters were already doing good in the OW, now they get a place on a leaderboard plus extra cookies (good for them, but what good for the game ?) 

After few days we now can see massive fleets blockading the zone of the event, denying entrance to small groups, tagging even outside of it, or expecting them to fall in the trap to be ganked. Not sure what is the point here.

In a few weeks everyone will loose interest in it i think. You'd better reward all the pvp battles with item drop (random paint & upgrades) and designate pvp zone on the map as part of the hostility mechanic (port blockade signaled on the map).

Also, i still don't understand if there is special roe in the zone or if it's just the signaling perk, 'cause saturday we got tagged by a lone consti, catching our trinco/frigs group, then he got joined by another consti, then an Inger, a Buc and a Indef, not my vision of "until battle get balanced"

Come to pvp2 then. We don't do tha crap and recently the pvp battles have started to grow quite a bit as people aren't ganking

• Like 1

On 12/10/2016 at 11:21 AM, Stroopwafel said:

We're working on it.  We have a few older players who have gotten complacent in their ways and have forgotten that we play on a PvP server where there are and should be more enemies than just the Pirates.  Time to shake things up and too many peace treaties are like cancer to a PvP server.   It still would be nice to have no alliances in the PvP events...heck, I'd even like to fight some of our own guys for fun!

I'd sink ya m8 :lol:. But I definitely agree. I don't like how when our Dutch fair play squad is out we can't battle several people because our nations are allied. Like why am I being limited to so few targets. 

• Like 1

IF the PvP area is meant to be a competition I'd recommend locking the area for 1 vs 1 during the period of the events.. That way we'd avoid the pure gankfests that are going on atm and honestly there's not a lot to be proud of in winning a gankfest.. Either that or remove the areas and make them accessible from the small battles/large battles screen.. then ppl could enter in groups either allready formed or gathered by the server..

9 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

IF the PvP area is meant to be a competition I'd recommend locking the area for 1 vs 1 during the period of the events.. That way we'd avoid the pure gankfests that are going on atm and honestly there's not a lot to be proud of in winning a gankfest.. Either that or remove the areas and make them accessible from the small battles/large battles screen.. then ppl could enter in groups either allready formed or gathered by the server..

But the devs just added assist points. I think we're fine now; we just need to remain in groups and fight well like we do in PBs.

Just now, van der Decken said:

But the devs just added assist points. I think we're fine now; we just need to remain in groups and fight well like we do in PBs.

Doesn't really solve the problem of ganking in the PvP areas.. What's the point of the PvP areas when the entire server is PvP? - Either to make some sort of competition or to make a gankfest. The current mechanic is just a gankfest and just like ganks all over the server they require very few skills..

1 hour ago, Bearwall said:

You cry for fair fights, but just a few weeks earlier Fellvreds Small Battle Challenge died because not enough people joined.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rediii said:

What do you expect to happen with 4 bellonas? Too slow to catch anything. Too weak to destroy Bucecntaures.

Rather take Agamemnons/Constris with a fast Buccentaure or Agamemnons/constis with a fast tackler.

my bellona live oak reach 12,5 knt ;) and we managed to win several time in 4v10 and 4v15 in bellonas, dont understimate a pro in a bellona

11 hours ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

You cry for fair fights, but just a few weeks earlier Fellvreds Small Battle Challenge died because not enough people joined.

True..

4 hours ago, rediii said:

Then why complain about uneven fights? ;) I guess we were around 17 players. Quite a bunch of pve players involved too.

no complain :) we are happy to fight outnumbered and outgunned , but this need a nice reward too :) so people wont be so sad when gank no?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

It "died" because of fine wood feature,nobody wanted to lose a dura on a ship which can hardly be replaced. If Fellvred would come back and organize SMALL BATTLES again, i m sure that we would have again 25 vs 25 battles in 5th rates:)

For the moment, Admiralty event is imo unnecessary, and pretty annoying, and i have no idea how could anyone ever think, that this would give us MORE PvP.

PvP was killed with Fine Woods, and nerfing the hostility to the bottom.And here we are now, looking at NA lying on ICU.

Edited by Fenris
  • Like 1

The reward system for the PVP events or The reward system generally

Well I feel that the devs do NOT aply their fine logic to this game. They created this PVP events wich, are nice but again the rewards only go to those few ppl. who win. This makes for sour loosers, and players  who are not willing to fight if the win is not sure. So we are chaising each other in the even area until we get some poor bastard that lost his way.. and we kill him. Some of us get points others not. The loosing player will lose his ship(if it is the last dura) and wil NOT get any points. This is why PVP is allmost dead in this game.

My suggestion is to create a point scale for this events were u get reward points even if u loose, but u need to engage in figths tho to get points. Sure the winner get more points but the people who take part must all get reward points. and so when u reach a point level u get a certain reward and start to chase the next level. 

The way it is now only ppl in big numbers will join pvp area. Because no1 likes to loose!

• Like 2

On 12/9/2016 at 11:40 PM, Bearwall said:

Drop the OW PvP events and make them available from the small battles/large battles.. That way u reduce the gankfest and you get to keep an OW PvP environment..

I think reward points are in the future with the admirality office.  Remember we are testing things for them. I think this is a good way to test ships match up in a more standard controlled means (the PvE events) and by now letting the rare ships be more numerous they can spread them and test them more in use.  I gave out about half my 8 heavy rattlers I have gotten from the events and destroyed a few crappy ships I wouldn't give the US (cause we hate them).  Many of us on PvP2 have started gentalmans agreements before fights to match BR as close as we can or numbers.  Well except the US that just ganks every one. Though biggest problems they are now seeing is that super alliances suck cause they can't fight any one and every one is allianged with US other than Pirates up until the other day. So what we do is avoid there ganks squads and they haven't until last night gotten folks on the leader board for the PvP.   But it's back to avoiding them cause they have several times told us to come only to do the gank thing.   Sonner or later there going to start loosing players cause of that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, elite92 said:

i hope u are not talking about magical AI reinforcements xD i am for the good old 2 min timer + a br system + 2 circle fusion :)

I'm talking about the time when you could aid your nations players and friends when they got attacked within 10-15 minutes. It was a kind of a kit that made the pvp a great feature. And the game more exciting. You knew that if you where more than 15 min away from a friendly harbour. You where on your own with no escape. It gave variation to the game AND provided one of the best multiplayer experience on the market with more than 2000 online. You read the nation's chat and sailed to help!! 

Now this bond between players are broken and 1/10th of the player base is left. The game lost it's spirit somehow.

• Like 1

I would say, lets multiply/divide the points earned by the BR difference.

These megafleets with lineships kill even the last thing you can do in this game for some fun....

And me thinks that lineships are generally not a good thing to have in such an event.

Edited by sveno
  • Like 3

On 12/16/2016 at 6:02 PM, OneEyedSnake said:

just please remove the alliances in the ring, its a pvp event not a nation vs nation event

Maybe stop voting alliance with the two largest nations?   I'm going to keep saying that over and over.  Guess who will be back together again tomorrow.  SO there will be no one for ya'll to fight if we don't show up. 

6 hours ago, sveno said:

I would say, lets multiply/divide the points earned by the BR difference.

These megafleets with lineships kill even the last thing you can do in this game for some fun....

And me thinks that lineships are generally not a good thing to have in such an event.

To be honest they should be saved for certain prot battles and maybe big fleet grindings blockaids (building hostility) not events an skirmishes.  I think it would be nice if they limit the Deep water PvP to only 4th rates and below that will give you points. If you use anything higher you don't get points.

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Maybe stop voting alliance with the two largest nations?   I'm going to keep saying that over and over.  Guess who will be back together again tomorrow.  SO there will be no one for ya'll to fight if we don't show up. 

a lot of internal stuff happened that we kept your spies out of. still my point stands, alliance or not its a pvp area secluded from the rest of the map where everyone regardless of alliance should be able to battle everyone. It is easily avoidable after all. 

50 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

a lot of internal stuff happened that we kept your spies out of. still my point stands, alliance or not its a pvp area secluded from the rest of the map where everyone regardless of alliance should be able to battle everyone. It is easily avoidable after all. 

Spies?  LOL we don't have any spies.  Sounds like some folks are getting all paranoid or something.

Again the PvP event does not need to change.  If you want to fight each other.  STOP VOTING FOR ALLIANCE.  It's not our fault the three TOP NATIONS are in a care-bear alliance and that is why  ya'll can't fight any one.  All the other nations are to small to fight ya'll so what you got Pirates?  Well if we just stop showing up you have no one to fight.   Nations should be fighting each other not doing a care-bear alliance and than wonder why they have no one to fight.  It's ya'll own dang fault that you can't fight any one else.  Have fun with the alliance lol

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

Spies?  LOL we don't have any spies.  Sounds like some folks are getting all paranoid or something.

Again the PvP event does not need to change.  If you want to fight each other.  STOP VOTING FOR ALLIANCE.  It's not our fault the three TOP NATIONS are in a care-bear alliance and that is why  ya'll can't fight any one.  All the other nations are to small to fight ya'll so what you got Pirates?  Well if we just stop showing up you have no one to fight.   Nations should be fighting each other not doing a care-bear alliance and than wonder why they have no one to fight.  It's ya'll own dang fault that you can't fight any one else.  Have fun with the alliance lol

i guess yall should have waited before showing your cards. And it wasnt our decision on the whole who is going to war and then decided not to deal, but whatever, thats off topic. I liked it better when pirates could attack pirates :P

1 minute ago, OneEyedSnake said:

i guess yall should have waited before showing your cards. And it wasnt our decision on the whole who is going to war and then decided not to deal, but whatever, thats off topic. I liked it better when pirates could attack pirates :P

Show our cards?  What defending our main port that keeps getting attacked?  Taking back one region we had from start cause we took it from Spain.  We haven't attacked any of there lands they had.  So we should be weak and just hide?  So your telling me the three largest nations are scared of one little pirate group of about 15-20 players?  Back to topic have fun in the empty PvP events cause you wont' have any one to fight if we don't show up.   

When the new PvP in front of Port Events come in, scrap this one and move it a lobby style with BR brackets that change each 'week'. Games kick off when two groups are good to go within the PvP brackets. Lots of fun when not hostiling or PB'ing.

Then leave OW free of these artificial PvP events where its very hard to get a 'fair' fight...for all the right and wrong reasons.

We met a Pirate fleet that outnumbered us the other day, both in BR and ship count, they ran outside the circle !! then complained when we attacked them...how unpiratey is THAT !