Game-Labs Forum

PvP Event Feedback

can we have a counter of the number of players that are in the pvp event area ? (so when the pop is really low on server we can still know if there is some1 to kill or not)

we can put this counter in the map tab pressing M and can also be not in real time- also refresh every x minutes. what do u think about it?

ideally we can also see the number of battle going on...

1 hour ago, elite92 said:

can we have a counter of the number of players that are in the pvp event area ? (so when the pop is really low on server we can still know if there is some1 to kill or not)

we can put this counter in the map tab pressing M and can also be not in real time- also refresh every x minutes. what do u think about it?

ideally we can also see the number of battle going on...

Do like we do on PvP2  "ANY ONE THAT WANTS TO FIGHT MEET IN THE MIDDLE."  And we meet so far it's worked other than the annoying US/Brit gank squads in the eve.  The early events been fun with small groups fighting each other.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sir Texas SIr said:

Do like we do on PvP2  "ANY ONE THAT WANTS TO FIGHT MEET IN THE MIDDLE."  And we meet so far it's worked other than the annoying US/Brit gank squads in the eve.  The early events been fun with small groups fighting each other.

Hahaha too true.  I mean. this was the result, with less than 100 online. they came, maybe not fast, but they came haha

eyKOeb8 - Imgur.jpg

• Like 1

We Dutch travel in packs as well for our own protection but when we encounter numbers less than us, we withdraw or keep people outside the battles to even out the fights.  Often we send different people into battles who haven't yet had a chance at a kill.  I have to say that these PvP event have reinvigerated us and brought back excitement to fight.  After the events we were pumped to continue our fighting in the OW.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stroopwafel said:

We Dutch travel in packs as well for our own protection but when we encounter numbers less than us, we withdraw or keep people outside the battles to even out the fights.  Often we send different people into battles who haven't yet had a chance at a kill.  I have to say that these PvP event have reinvigerated us and brought back excitement to fight.  After the events we were pumped to continue our fighting in the OW.

not only that, but as Texas said as well, we do make sure we let certain players get the kills in battles. I still think them adding assists to the points is a good thing, because assists are there for a reason, and often times you may not have gotten that kill if you werent "assisted." So its good to reward everyone that was involved. But either way, until that is added, it is quite easily worked around. Btw, we are a small nation on pvp2, and that score i posted is the result of teamwork and teamwork alone. Our size if proportional to the number of people in top 10 would be maybe 1, and if the server population were really low 2. Teamwork is the dreamwork after all :lol:;)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

not only that, but as Texas said as well, we do make sure we let certain players get the kills in battles. I still think them adding assists to the points is a good thing, because assists are there for a reason, and often times you may not have gotten that kill if you werent "assisted." So its good to reward everyone that was involved. But either way, until that is added, it is quite easily worked around. Btw, we are a small nation on pvp2, and that score i posted is the result of teamwork and teamwork alone. Our size if proportional to the number of people in top 10 would be maybe 1, and if the server population were really low 2. Teamwork is the dreamwork after all :lol:;)

Yah that was how we where doing it during the mid day one.  We have not prob fighting a fight with one more more on the other side, but when it's almost twice as many or more than we have to pull out. I'm going to bet you if ya'll didn't have the Alliance with US right now you would been jumped by them.   

We had a lot of good fights with the Brits.  Same guys I think ya'll where fighting this even.  I think when they tweek the assistant part and some other things people won't be so kill hungry.  Right now I'll be honest the 4 H Rattlers I got from the events are going to be put to good use since we no longer had any one in Pirates that can craft them. 

Maybe we will meet up with you guys for some fun in the next few days.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, fox2run said:

It was. By 3/4th of the players. Now you have like 100 players left to play the Hodo way. Its amazing how you like to stop fun in this game. If you dont like battles sail to some remote place and trade in peace.

Sorry but when tagging someone / several people in OW, in my understanding the battle should be including only the ships that are in the area (tagging circle and / or view range). The fact that people can join 15 minutes after a battle started (and that happened) is just not appealing to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liquicity said:

Sorry but when tagging someone / several people in OW, in my understanding the battle should be including only the ships that are in the area (tagging circle and / or view range). The fact that people can join 15 minutes after a battle started (and that happened) is just not appealing to me.

But for me, I love it! In fact I wish the battle would stay open the entire event time for one huge free-for-all, nation vs nation, alliances put aside.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

But for me, I love it! In fact I wish the battle would stay open the entire event time for one huge free-for-all, nation vs nation, alliances put aside.

That would mean you could call for help in nation chat, people teleport to their closest outpost and enter the battle. That doesn't sound right to me.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

That would mean you could call for help in nation chat, people teleport to their closest outpost and enter the battle. That doesn't sound right to me.

That's the same thing that used to happen near free ports and PBs. It just needs to be a free-for-all, or it needs to have BR limits to prevent ganks. which?

4 hours ago, Liquicity said:

What folks don't understand is that OW time and in battle time are two different things.  OW is speed up so we can get places faster. If it was real battle time those so called friends would take days to get to your battle which would more than likely be over with by time they even show up close to it and there was no magical GPS/RADIO's to call for help back than.  The second circle is what would maybe see your flare or even the battle in time to react and show up to it. I like it.  The only issue I have is we need less SOL fleets and maybe more Frigate fleets and thinned out in some area's.  I get heavy patrols around say capitals and such, but when your further away from trade zones there should be less.  That and we need more traders in the OW.   It's like for every 10 war ships there might be 1 trader if your lucky.   Navy's weren't bigger than merchant fleets back in the days.   

I do think the tag timer needs to be dropped to 10-15 secs cause 20 secs is a long time and with the OW speeds now you can be a port away by time 20 secs happens and so much can change as to who was in the circles or not from when you first tagged a ship.  If your that close to do the tag is should be pretty much a few secs from when you tag them not almost half a minute later.

• Like 2

Tried the PvP event last night. 

Spent 2 hours and 30 minutes in the zone thing and got 1 decent fight. 

Mostly i saw big fleets of 10-15 players. The most dominant ships being 4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st rates. 

It seems that to get points in the event the  best option is to "gank" people. Its actually very easy, 10 players attack 1-5 players, everyone shoots chain/demasts while 1 guy sinks players. Atleast in theory as i haven't tried it. 

Ellis suggested on TS that maybe it should be made so that you get less points for a kill if your BR is higher than the enemy's BR. 
Example Given: 
2.0 BR in favor of your team, you only get half the points you normally would from a kill. 
2.0 BR in favor of enemy team, you get twice the points you normally would from a kill. 

Numbers are arbitrary and made up just for the purpose of giving a clear example of the idea. 

PS. 
2x PvE events and 1x PvP event? Soo, if i want to "win" something i should just do the PvE stuff because chance of getting something is higher from that? :S 
Considering it is the same rewards there is less risk in the PvE stuff but same reward. It will not incentivize PvP. i think.

Edited by TommyShelby
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, rediii said:

I like the current mechanic because it encourages people to do groups. with "getting half the points" you cut this again and everyone wants to do solo pvp. as soon as nations realize it's big fun to do massive pvp fights there it wont be a pure ganking anymore.

Also, we didnt let one guy get the kills. just wanted to have fun and didnt focused on getting the kills or giving them to specific players. i dont know about other groups tho ofc

If you just want fun and dont care about "rewards" then why not make it so, if the BR is in your favor, you get less Points? 
It'll incentivize even fights which is more fun for both sides. 

I just had a bunch of big fleets trying to gank me last night. That wasn't fun. 

And not everyone thinks "Massive PvP fights" are fun...

• Like 4

16 hours ago, TommyShelby said:

Tried the PvP event last night. 

Spent 2 hours and 30 minutes in the zone thing and got 1 decent fight. 

Mostly i saw big fleets of 10-15 players. The most dominant ships being 4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st rates. 

It seems that to get points in the event the  best option is to "gank" people. Its actually very easy, 10 players attack 1-5 players, everyone shoots chain/demasts while 1 guy sinks players. Atleast in theory as i haven't tried it. 

Ellis suggested on TS that maybe it should be made so that you get less points for a kill if your BR is higher than the enemy's BR. 
Example Given: 
2.0 BR in favor of your team, you only get half the points you normally would from a kill. 
2.0 BR in favor of enemy team, you get twice the points you normally would from a kill. 

Numbers are arbitrary and made up just for the purpose of giving a clear example of the idea. 

PS. 
2x PvE events and 1x PvP event? Soo, if i want to "win" something i should just do the PvE stuff because chance of getting something is higher from that? :S 
Considering it is the same rewards there is less risk in the PvE stuff but same reward. It will not incentivize PvP. i think.

actually it's 3 x PvP and it pays out shortly after the event is over. The PvE runs all day and pays out after server reset.   You have more chance to win in the PvP one if you can get some kills.   That is 60% chance to win something over 40% in PvE.  

I do like the BR difference thing cause we been kinda avoiding the eve PvP missions for US time cause of gank squads making it not fun.  Than the funny thing is folks complaining cause Pirates won't come and fight and they can't fight each other cause they are almost all aligned with each other.  Should of thought of that before you made your power house alliance on PvP2 folks.  Maybe it's time to break some and actually have Nation vs Nations instead of every one kill Pirates.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

actually it's 3 x PvP and it pays out shortly after the even is over. The PvE runs all day and pays out after server reset.   You have more chance to win in the PvE one if you can get some kills.   That is 60% chance to win something over 40% in PvE.  

Ahh alright, thanks for clearing that up! Last night was first time since patch that i logged in (I was told Evening events were shallow water and i haate shallow water ships :p). 

I actually took a gun boat out yesterday and had a blast. Did a a three vs 1 against some brits in 5th rates.  Yah they sunk me, but I did ripe them all new sterns and we where laughing at how many times they shot each other missing me.  So it's not all about the rewards and kills.  Than the next event the Dutch pretty much sat on top of me so no one would tag me.   I wanted to catch a big group fighting and join one side and be an annoying nat to the other side, but they where there setting up equal matches with the Brits instead of ganks to make it fair for all.    So not every one is doing gank fest.  Well at least on PvP2.  I think once they add in assistance points it won't be as bad as it has been.   I have gotten the PvP reward 3 times and PvE twice so far.  I figure I'll get my kills when I get them and let others have fun too.

Oh and after talking with the Dutch we are prob going to arrange to do a gunboat/little boat big brawl some time soon where all sides bring small ships like that.  We are talking like starter ships and get as many new players into the action and have fun.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, rediii said:

Because it forces people to make small groups. A large group/clan has to divide himself like this. You can get solopvp/small pvp if you go hunting for yourself. (and a decent amount of the top 10 yesterday were solopvp players as far as i know)

Maybe solo you can get a few good fights. In a group of 2/3 players we were able to get 1 fight in 2 and a half hours. (I guess we were just unlucky is what you are saying?) 

So if we want to have fun in the "zone" we have to sail by ourselves or join a huge fleet right now. 

With the BR stuff you can still sail in a big group and if you find an enemy group of similar size you attack and still gets points. If the enemy isn't too outnumbered they might even try to fight you because they would get slightly more points if they win. 

So the BR equalizer might get you more good fights than you get right now in your huge fleets. 

It sounds as though ppl need to do what we PvP2 Dutch do. Sail around in your gank fleet, but when you find ppl to fight, make the battle balanced. Being known as the fair bunch, we always find about 5-8 battles per event because the enemy if sunk, come right back out to play again, because they know they won't be ganked.

1 hour ago, van der Decken said:

It sounds as though ppl need to do what we PvP2 Dutch do. Sail around in your gank fleet, but when you find ppl to fight, make the battle balanced. Being known as the fair bunch, we always find about 5-8 battles per event because the enemy if sunk, come right back out to play again, because they know they won't be ganked.

That is what OCEAN does. We usually sail in small groups and we only engage in battle where the BR is about equal or the enemy have advantage. 
But most people on PvP 1 doesn't like doing that, they just want to "win". So good fights are rare.. I've now spent 4 hours on the PvP events. I've had 1 good fight, the rest of the time i ran from yuuge SoL fleets and i was ganked 1 time (1v5, i managed to sink 1 ship in the 80 minutes it took for the enemy to sink me.) 

I might try the event 1 or 2 more times but if the result of that will be the same as it's been so far, i fear i probably wont go again.

• Like 1

I think something this event really needs or at least would be good grounds for testing would be a sort of gank deterrent.

Proposal: if in a battle you have x times more br then what your are attacking then you receive x times less points and xp. For example if you and your friend in 2 trincs attack 1 trinc then you get half the xp and event points.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TommyShelby said:

That is what OCEAN does. We usually sail in small groups and we only engage in battle where the BR is about equal or the enemy have advantage. 
But most people on PvP 1 doesn't like doing that, they just want to "win". So good fights are rare.. I've now spent 4 hours on the PvP events. I've had 1 good fight, the rest of the time i ran from yuuge SoL fleets and i was ganked 1 time (1v5, i managed to sink 1 ship in the 80 minutes it took for the enemy to sink me.) 

I might try the event 1 or 2 more times but if the result of that will be the same as it's been so far, i fear i probably wont go again.

Signaling perk keeps the battle open so your friends can join until the battle has equal BR.  

Also. I know sweden can bring first rates too. Other nations are risking those ships and actually bring them to events. One can't run much in first rates so will have to fight you. 

Just now, admin said:

Signaling perk keeps the battle open so your friends can join until the battle has equal BR.  

Also. I know sweden can bring first rates too. Other nations are risking those ships and actually bring them to events. One can't run much in first rates so will have to fight you.

And Sweden brings 2nd/1st rates and yuuuge fleets. 

OCEAN on the other hand does not. We bring 5th/4th rates and we like small group PvP. 

Signalling perk doesn't help us since we sail in tight groups and make sure not to separate. If we get into a fight, all of our guys online will be in that fight. 
Furthermore after the big patch which killed good OW PvP completely, we have gone from 8-12 online at same time to 1-4.
Keeping in mind that everyone in OCEAN are veteran players with several thousand hours in game doing mostly "Fair and Fun" PvP i think that says a lot. 

I'm sorry but i don't want to sail around in a 10-25 man fleet with SoL ganking everyone.
I want good fights where both sides have a chance at winning and so does my clan mates.
By now we can have, with some luck, 1 of those fights by spending 2-3 hours sailing around looking for it. 
Before the big patch we would have one of those fights within 30 minutes. That is one hell of a difference. 

There needs to be something that makes people want to engage in fights that are "fair" (No, it does not have to be 1:1 BR, 1:1,5 BR can be fun for both sides too). 
But currently the general mentality is: Gank or be ganked, engage only if you have 2:1 BR or more. 
And while some people find the ganking to be fun, i find it to be boring as hell.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, admin said:

We go back to the problem that ppl won't risk their 1st rates unless they know they have the numbers. Nothing sucks more than have 5 1st rate fleet cuz that's all you can muster, and then getting ganked by a nation who brings 10 more ships than you. I do think either a BR block would help, but I prefer it be changed to counting BR as points, and/or like the above mentioned, if you're in a higher BR killing lower BR then you get only half the points and if in lower BR killing higher BR then double the points....or some % difference.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

I'm sorry but i don't want to sail around in a 10-25 man fleet with SoL ganking everyone.

Let me understand :) if i understand you correctly. 

Your enemy is sailing a 15 man fleet (10 ships of the line and 5 tacklers). You don't want to bring 15 ships to sink them a somewhat equal battle. But instead you want developers to find a way to split their group.

• Like 3