Game-Labs Forum

Bad reviewers on Steam with 1,000+ hours: You are an absolute disgrace

3 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Theres a reason a ton of the old-school TDA and TF guys don't get involved in the RvR anymore.  Only part of it has to do with the game mechanics.  

to respond to your ninja edit.  TDA was long dead by the time I showed up, but appreciate you attributing your lack of interest in little ole me.  One day maybe you'll get over that grudge.  

Anyway I love shooting jabs back and forth with you guys, but it's not productive.  The active members of TDA, aka the ones that matter, are at least on a cooperative / tolerating each other basis with myself and the rest of the US leadership which is all that matters.  The forum warriors are of little concern.  

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

to respond to your ninja edit.  TDA was long dead by the time I showed up, but appreciate you attributing your lack of interest in little ole me.  One day maybe you'll get over that grudge.  

Anyway I love shooting jabs back and forth with you guys, but it's not productive.  The active members of TDA, aka the ones that matter, are at least on a cooperative / tolerating each other basis with myself and the rest of the US leadership which is all that matters.  The forum warriors are of little concern.  

Dont worry biggest problem of Na is the sychophants funboy who defend what cant be defended, and clap clap at everything,        They are the main issue of why na went wrong, since they never say to devs when something is going bad.

For then cry when players with thousands of H leave bad reviews.      I not wanna make names but in general i never seen a mod  or a member of the "funboy squad" say to devs i like this i not like this (see patch threads they always give like , applaud and in general defend whatever devs do even on steam forum  even if nobody asked them to "see steam bad review story" 

Just go check the likes on patch notes or this same thread op, is always the same 10-15 guys.  And none of them is whatsoever renown for be good or reconized in game, is a sort of "circle".

That are very prompt to censor, please the devs,  And attack anyone who dare to say this patch/feature is wrong.  For then cry we have 400 ppl on and tons of bad reviews from players with 1000+h  is never the fault of the game, is the players. 

While ppl like me who put time and effort on critics, are more or less tollerated or seen as an annoyng person

So long story short if the game is going bad is cause funboy, unprofessional ppl in certain roles who censor and clap clap at everything, not certainly bad reviews from ppl with 1500+h who spent shitload of time and hope into the game 

For how the game is now, expecial pirates even with my multiple accounts 9 wipe behind my back since february 2015 i would not recomend the game as is now, it lack endgame, is boring , much more time sink then months ago for roughly the same content.  If i not put bad review is simply becouse i am tryng to talk to devs constantly  putting a lot of effort to fix the situation and if nothing happens i will quit playng also..  I barely logged in last 2 weeks

And i truely supported and loved the game, but that never stopped me to use my brain and think and report to the devs in a very honest and sometimes aggressive or rageful way if they where doing something wrong. Be a funboy of the game never shadowed my intellectual honesty.

As i told to the devs the worst friend is a fake one, the one that always like everything and never say the truth

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 5

- many players want to do Port Battles / Trafalgars only. Their OW activities revolve only around headway to PBs.

- many players want to do even combats only. Their OW activities revolve around hoping to bump similar force.

- many players want to emulate "historical" characters - naval architects, war leaders, infamous pirates. Their OW activities revolve around trying to find "scenarios".

In truth only half the time half the players will get what they hope for.

Separating our individual playstyles from the core game is often hard as we all look to the same sandbox from diferente points of view.

In the end we must make discussions more directed and focused, using our diferences in playstyles, and less dismissive.

There's no "true way" to play NA. And that, for me, is the biggest strength of any open world sandbox game.

• Like 4

There will always be people who leave a game, when it changes or gets changed.
I can simply make two statements:

1. I rather like the new directions NAVAL ACTION is taking - away from any arcade character

2. It is alright, when those people leave, who dislike it, cause they want an arcadish game

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Olham said:

1. I rather like the new directions NAVAL ACTION is taking - away from any arcade character

2. It is alright, when those people leave, who dislike it, cause they want an arcadish game

correct but when 50% of those who play leave ..you have to accept theres something wrong especially when those critics are long standing players who have thousands of hours of playtime ..a player who has 1,000 hours has 42 days of game time 24 hrs a day invested ingame ... they must have enjoyed playing to play that long ...to leave the game or post a negative review means something has gone wrong ....

Just now, Grundgemunkey said:

correct but when 50% of those who play leave ..you have to accept theres something wrong especially when those critics are long standing players who have thousands of hours of playtime ..a player who has 1,000 hours has 42 days of game time 24 hrs a day invested ingame ... they must have enjoyed playing to play that long ...to leave the game or post a negative review means something has gone wrong ....

Yeah something gone wrong so for me is funny see this thread opened by the same ppl who contributed to create this "wrong"  as i explained you why in my precedent reply, things you probably didnt see becouse majority of this stuff when thrue pm, devs, tester area  or you not where here when the game got release for live this stuff  on your own skin :) 

2 minutes ago, Lord Vicious said:

Yeah something gone wrong so for me is funny see this thread opened by the same ppl who contributed to create this "wrong"  as i explained you why in my precedent reply, things you probably didnt see becouse majority of this stuff when thrue pm, devs, tester area  or you not where here when the game got release for live this stuff  on your own skin :) 

im not disagreeing with you :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Something got removed from the game without proper replacement. (The mechanic which got people joining teamspeak and the game every evening)

there is no endgame at the moment except crafting warsupplies and wait for the portbattle to happen and i am shocked that this doesnt seem to be addressed in the next patch tbh

it will be changed when the devs ,,,i mean the danes get the ports they want

12 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

...to leave the game or post a negative review means something has gone wrong ....

I think the word "wrong" is wrong here.

Nothing has gone "wrong" - the game just changes in a direction you do not like anymore.
That will happen with all and any changes - some don't like the new direction.

I for one only came to NAVAL ACTION, because things changed to a direction I liked better.
So I am convinced, that there will be many new players, when the game is ready.

While you may hopefully find another seafaring game, which is more to your likes.
There is nothing "good" or "bad" in this evolution - it is just the way the makers want it to go.

Of course I would also be sad, if the final result would not be to my likes anymore -
but I knew I was buying a BETA, which would change until the final release.
And that included the chance, that I might not like it anymore in the end.

Edited by Olham
Correction

23 minutes ago, Olham said:

In that case I suggest this game should become fully realistic similar to Silent Hunter. At the current stage and with less and elss palyers there are actually equal to less ships active on the map now then there were historically. Instead of fuel we could ahve food etc. Quite frankly if you want a game that already takes at least 1-2 hours playtime to become even less accessible than don't hold back and make a proper sim/realistic attempt at it. This half way bs won't get us anywhere - too realistic to be fun and not realistic enough to be fun = no fun at all!

1 minute ago, Olham said:

Nothing has gone "wrong" - the game just changes in a direction you do not like anymore.

While I for one only cmae to NAVAL ACTION, because things changed to direction I like better.

While you may hopefully find another seafaring game, which is more to your likes.
There is nothing "good" or "bad" in this evolution - it is just the way the makers want it to go.

thats fair comment... but  with  currently 190 players online .,of course things have changed for the better .. do you think your being a little bit selfish telling people to go find other games because you like the way its going ...why not try and make it inclusive for everyone

14 minutes ago, Olham said:

I for one only came to NAVAL ACTION, because things changed to a direction I liked better.

Of course I would also be sad, if the final result would not be to my likes anymore -
but I knew I was buying a BETA, which would change until the final release.
And that included the chance, that I might not like it anymore in the end.

When over 50% of the palyers abstain from the game it means somethign has gone wrong. Wrong is defined by the majority or the dev decisions alone. If this is only about dev decisions than this game shouldn't have been an early access game as that is partially about involving players in the shaping process. If this is the prior then while I am happy for you as a representative of the minority its good but you simply don't represent the main group of players. I don't necessarily mind listening to the minority groups as they often have good ideas to integrate their aspects as fun gaemplay elements but when the minority decides for the majority what is fun or correc than that is quite frankly crap and in this case's definition wrong! The majority defines your palyerbases interests - you can't just say fuck off I do whatever I want - in that case again this shouldn't be early access but come out as a finished product were no changes are being amde anymore.

Edited by JollyRoger1516
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, rediii said:

Something got removed from the game without proper replacement. (The mechanic which got people joining teamspeak and the game every evening)

there is no endgame at the moment except crafting warsupplies and wait for the portbattle to happen and i am shocked that this doesnt seem to be addressed in the next patch tbh

The reason it probably has not received as much attention as it deserves is that quite a number of people defended the use of war supplies instead of showing how broken the mechanic was. I can understand that they wanted port battles as that is what they enjoy, but I think it gave the impression that things were sort of working as planned, as there were not as many port battles and all port battles were contested.

Had people not abused the mechanic and shown how difficult it was to achieve port battles with the hostility mechanic then I think something would have been done sooner. Instead it was left to fester, getting worse and worse with use and counter use growing each time till you have the current situation that clearly shows how broken it is, but probably too late to have anything meaningful done in time for the next patch.

TBH the port battles as they currently are are not that bad, they slightly favour the defender as it should be. Yes, the addition of land in port battles will be nice, but I would have preferred they spent the time getting the hostility generation to create the port battles correct first as that is where the problem currently lies. If the forthcoming patch comes without a solution to the hostility generation then I am afraid they will lose more people. There may be some initial interest in trying out the new port battle system but that will quickly fade.

Sorry its a bit off topic.

• Like 2

As a player with over 2k hours that equates to 4hrs a night every night since Sea trials I have seen the many iterations of this game I have read every post here but I won't quote people or bother with any of the Salt maybe I will add my own salt who knows   It may bring some well needed seasoning to the proceedings.

for those that have posted negative reviews I think you are misleading every one even yourselves you srupl still play and get involved in national events as does Magnum even Jolly has been spotted what you don't like is the recent changes because it has meant there are changes that you don't like but you are still testing and the fact that you all are still playing is testament to the game and your reviews should reflect that. If you are going to review the game do not just focus on the bad points but give an even and balanced review with an honest recommendation. Right one your reviews do not focus on the excellent combat system or the graphics the number or variety of ship models that cover almost everyone's wants and needs.

your current review status reflect some dislike to the devs and thier attempts to make the game better at for the most parts our request maybe they haven't taken some of our suggestions onboard but have you considered how much time they have spent looking at the pros and cons of the things you have all asked for.

the last patch we all agree has driven pvp out of the game and the numbers online drop every day why because we are intent on breaking the game just look last night 7 hostility bombs against one nation or her allies. The devs introduced the mechanic at our suggestion but obviously didn't think of the consequences but instead of working through the problem like all testers should do we write negative reviews on the forums which is fair that's what we are here for to break the game so the devs can tweak and try something else personally I would like to see all nations refrain from war supply bombs and get back to doing it the hard way if that means grabbing lots of missions to raise the hostility then so be it the defending nation has some time to respond  meaning there will be pvp. 

I dare say in the next patch the devs will remove war supplies in its current form and go with a revised form probably limiting war supplies to the first 50% but hey I don't know.

Anyway back to my thoughts on the game in it current form and here I agree with akd for newbies this game is relativly easy to pick up but the problem they have is experianced players attacking them in the newbie zone in fully tricked out hunter killer boats leave the newbies alone guys what a way to drive them away from the game these are potential blood cells that keep the game alive.

as for your reviews maybe you should list the pros and cons rather than just a negative review.

• Like 12

Just now, rediii said:

i defend the use of warsupplies in the current state of hostility generation too because it is the most time efficient method to generate portbattles. i dont want to grind pve to get a portbattle going and if warsupplies would be nerfed even more people would stop bothering and take a break from the game.

-> if a fun mechanic gets introduced to raise hostility (like pulling a flag, playing a mini portbattle and get good loot and good pvp) then yea lets nerf war supplies but as long as this is not the case then hell no. let it stay like this so we get atleast some fun at portbattles.

I think you are missing my point. If there had been no port battles after the patch then I am sure the Devs would have very quickly realised that there was something wrong with the system and quickly changed it. But instead people found ways to generate their endgame content which they enjoy and defended it on the forums, which could lead the Devs to believe that the complaints about the system on the forums were just from salty people who were not happy about being attacked rather than genuine complaints about a broken mechanic.

2 hours ago, rediii said:

i defend the use of warsupplies in the current state of hostility generation too because it is the most time efficient method to generate portbattles. i dont want to grind pve to get a portbattle going and if warsupplies would be nerfed even more people would stop bothering and take a break from the game.

Quite frankly than I don't udnerstand why the flag system was ever abandonded?! Yes war supplies are ahrder to make but we ahve already seen 3-7 bombs dropping at the same time. The cost of war supplies could ahve easily been achieved by making flags cost 1-5mil isntead of 250k - apart from the cost absolutely nothing has changed. Just takes more money and more people to create a diversion now...

2 hours ago, Llewellyn Jones RN said:

As a player with over 2k hours that equates to 4hrs a night every night since Sea trials I have seen the many iterations of this game I have read every post here but I won't quote people or bother with any of the Salt maybe I will add my own salt who knows   It may bring some well needed seasoning to the proceedings.

for those that have posted negative reviews I think you are misleading every one even yourselves you srupl still play and get involved in national events as does Magnum even Jolly has been spotted what you don't like is the recent changes because it has meant there are changes that you don't like but you are still testing and the fact that you all are still playing is testament to the game and your reviews should reflect that. If you are going to review the game do not just focus on the bad points but give an even and balanced review with an honest recommendation. Right one your reviews do not focus on the excellent combat system or the graphics the number or variety of ship models that cover almost everyone's wants and needs.

your current review status reflect some dislike to the devs and thier attempts to make the game better at for the most parts our request maybe they haven't taken some of our suggestions onboard but have you considered how much time they have spent looking at the pros and cons of the things you have all asked for.

the last patch we all agree has driven pvp out of the game and the numbers online drop every day why because we are intent on breaking the game just look last night 7 hostility bombs against one nation or her allies. The devs introduced the mechanic at our suggestion but obviously didn't think of the consequences but instead of working through the problem like all testers should do we write negative reviews on the forums which is fair that's what we are here for to break the game so the devs can tweak and try something else personally I would like to see all nations refrain from war supply bombs and get back to doing it the hard way if that means grabbing lots of missions to raise the hostility then so be it the defending nation has some time to respond  meaning there will be pvp. 

I dare say in the next patch the devs will remove war supplies in its current form and go with a revised form probably limiting war supplies to the first 50% but hey I don't know.

Anyway back to my thoughts on the game in it current form and here I agree with akd for newbies this game is relativly easy to pick up but the problem they have is experianced players attacking them in the newbie zone in fully tricked out hunter killer boats leave the newbies alone guys what a way to drive them away from the game these are potential blood cells that keep the game alive.

as for your reviews maybe you should list the pros and cons rather than just a negative review.

Yes I ahve been spotted. Playing small battles because after sailing from Key West to Swansborough and back to Charleston I didn't encoutner one player. In total I wasted the three hours I had available outside of the small battle. Calling seeing me in the open world playing is like calling sitting on a dead horse riding. It is no fun and hence would I write a review now it wouldn't be positive. On top of that all I would ahve to do to satisfy your point here is to end my review with but I am still clinging onto it out of sheer hope. My review would still be negative!

In the end Steam only gives you the choice between negative and positive. While I would list pros and cons and while I am still occassionally playing I do not think that this game currently deserves a positive review on the basis that I once had fun in it. This is just as much a recommendation to interested possible buyers and quite frankly it would be a well thought out statement of mine that they should currently stay away.

As to your point that we omit the positive aspects - that is not true. I would mention them. But your points there show little in that regard. ships are still very low in number and now the necessary new content is being limited by events and giveaways thigns that a majority of players ahs stated they don't enjoy. The combat mechanics I once enjoyed but in the current state of lose 50 crew to a single shot and than pay a buttload of moeny for it I do not enjoy and neither do I enjoy it when these numbers are being tuned up and down in compeltely unreasonable aspects. That isn't finetuning what the devs are doing... The graphics as you point out are very nice and I have only good things to say about those. Also the UI for a plceholder I don't ahve a problem with.

Nonetheless the devs are part of the game. Their patch policy influences the development process of teh early access participation jsut as much as the game itself. If you are not content with teh way the devs handle the game than that will relfect in your gaming experience and in the hopes you ahve for the game. If this ends up being a bad eprception the devs run the risk of a negative review as much as they do with bad coding! It is after all early access - interaction with the devs on a satisfying level is a criteria!

7 minutes ago, rediii said:

i think because you cant attack the whole map with flags and you need a system where you can attack everything when you implement the regional based ressources.

I really struggle to agree with that logic but I do understand your point. In my opinion though a nation shouldn't just jump half the map because it needs a certain resource as it wouldn't be able to support the troops and settlers afterwards. I am a history nutjob on that occasion so my logic might indeed be too 'heavy' on the fun the gameplay provides.

The Wargame in NA has no attrition nor logistics at the moment, at least in a visible way. The only investment to drive war, from anyone, any nation, is time planning.

Before you cry "hardcore" think about all the multiplayer wargames out there, especially the long lasting ones. They either have both, perma loss and complex logistics or one of them.

Mind you only a part of PvP playerbase really cares about Conquest but for all that matters all mechanics are linked, from economy, crafting and eventually the combat.

So no one is a victim, we are all volunteers. We must look to honest ways to make NA wargame viable for all ( nto only for your clan, your game nation or your tiny group of duellers ). And IMO that means true loss and reliance of the supporting careers - trading company and naval architects - to make up for it.

Maybe with a wipe we have a clear view on how the mechanics are working together without any legacy assets and massive amounts of gold.

• Like 2

Jonesy: Suggesting that the OP is right because I still play is ludicrous. What the OP did by posting here, commenting directly to all these reviews, using misogynistic imagery, and in general being a smug you know what is unconscionable.

I actually did put positive information in my review (I said the game was fun to play) but then warned potential players of the pitfall of the mod's and Dev's pettiness (actually experienced by me).

If a warning such as I did is not to your liking - well too bad, so sad. It is the ONE area where the obscene censorship of ideas can not stand.

------

I play for my friends, I would much prefer to be playing EVE truth be told - but I have a lot of friends still talking to me here so I come back to help defeat the evil ones :P. As I write this I am melancholy thinking about the friends I have made who have walked away from this game shaking their heads -- so many, so so many. :(

Other than my friends still playing - the game is dead to me .....

Edited by Magnum
  • Like 1

On 11/27/2016 at 8:37 PM, NorthernWolves said:

qcAw7oH.png

This is shambolic, a total disgrace.  Every single one of you who left a bad review after hundreds and hundreds, even thousands of hours in the game should be ashamed of your childish petulant behavior.  Yet feeling shame over trying to push people away from a game you have played obsessively and still play, would require an IQ above 4, so that rules that out.

For every one of these 1,000 hour (and still playing!) reviewers, there are three more with 900+ hours in the game, even more than that with 7-800 hours. You just need a good backhand.

You know what 600 hours in game is? That is fifteen 40 hour work weeks of straight Naval Action, that's probably longer than most of you have ever survived in a job before getting fired.

I have critiqued this game more than most, there are still many things I am not happy with, I've been staring at the worst 3D rendering of the Constitution for over 2 years. I promise I have never held back, I was the only moderator that would argue and debate with Admin in the mod skype channel, the rest would just kiss his ass, I even quit the moderator team over an argument with him, however, being a grown up, it never once crossed my mind to leave a bad review. For everything that I would like to change, there are a dozen that they have gotten spot on.

They are not trying to make a bad game, they are trying to get it right, how we help them and help ourselves is by encouraging more people to buy the game. It ain't goddamn rocket science.

You know what is so telling about the sheer idiocy of these little punks? The only consistent complaint across the majority of these bad reviews was one thing: 'There aren't enough players'

So you leave a bad review and keep playing to ensure that that problem continues? That is just about the dumbest goddamn thing I have ever heard of.

Naval Action now has a 'mixed' review status on Steam thanks to theses petulant temper tantrum throwing children. Hell, one of them was a single sentence 'review' about the 'server being down', a dozen others were about being 'ganked'. Fucking Christ man, grow up.

Youre kind of a idiot i guess. Stalin would be proud of your attitude towards free speech and freedom of thought.

If people play for thousands of hours that SHOULD tell you something  ut unfortunately people like you exist . 

Im one of those horrible disgraceful people who invested thousands of hours and a yearof playing who find the game unplayable and completely different in a bad way from what i gathered was its original format and way funner in the past. So what you are saying is that someone who has played much longer than you and tested probably way more games than you has no right to try and warn people of what they are getting into before they drop 40 bucks on a game that is no longer anything like advertised on steam.

I guess luckily for me i dont give a crap enough to leave a negitive or possitive review but this game is headed for a quick shutdown if more opinions than just the clicky carebear port battle crowd are no addressed . 

Since reviews mean nothing to you and negitive reviews should be banned i guess you drive  a Yugo and live in a mobile home with a fireplace.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Magnum said:

Jonesy: Suggesting that the OP is right because I still play is ludicrous. What the OP did by posting here, commenting directly to all these reviews, using misogynistic imagery, and in general being a smug you know what is unconscionable.

I actually did put positive information in my review (I said the game was fun to play) but then warned potential players of the pitfall of the mod's and Dev's pettiness (actually experienced by me).

If a warning such as I did is not to your liking - well too bad, so sad. It is the ONE area where the obscene censorship of ideas can not stand.

------

I play for my friends, I would much prefer to be playing EVE truth be told - but I have a lot of friends still talking to me here so I come back to help defeat the evil ones :P. As I write this I am melancholy thinking about the friends I have made who have walked away from this game shaking their heads -- so many, so so many. :(

Other than my friends still playing - the game is dead to me .....

After the no cooldown teleports killed the game , like you i only played for friends who have all quit now, it was def to me too. i have moved on but do still follow the forums for update info in the long shot hopes that things get better.

Ifeel your pain though . 

Stalin.  Almost made Godwin proud, but couldnt quite make it...   Doomed, you do realize that most of the people who leave poor reviews are the type of players you rail about, who want more arcade-y mechanics....  like insta TP's and a smaller OW...  and easy PB's...  no?

Edited by Vernon Merrill

1 hour ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Stalin.  Almost made Godwin proud, but couldnt quite make it...   Doomed, you do realize that most of the people who leave poor reviews are the type of players you rail about, who want more arcade-y mechanics....  like insta TP's and a smaller OW...  and easy PB's...  no?

Yup, but to call a player names simplybecause he was negitive after hundred or thousands of hours is not fair.

Everyone can voice or warn in a review thier opinion .  sadly the game i like will never be back and the clickers have won and will sink this game but it still doesnt mean my review is bad or makes me a bad person for posting it .  Players like the OP are the problem not the reviewers.

But it is what it is. i still want to keep up with updates just hoping.