Game-Labs Forum

Please Stop PB Log camping before it starts

Just put in a can't log out in enemy area? With the area's in place this shouldn't be too hard to implement i think?

As a side note, can't we just for the love of god NOT ruin the conquest mode again.

PS: If nothing else is possible, just remove log off when not in port. I much rather have the inconvenience of always having to sail to port to log out instead of these exploiters ruining it again.

Log out at sea, then you wake up in your capital port or nearest outpost with half your crew dead of scurvy.  How about that as a fix?

• Like 4

...A super simple solution, that has no adverse effect...is that you CANNOT join a PB for 3 mins after logging in. Thats it. Simples.

That solve problem for defenders/intercepters  ...  but creates another,  with flag system we had the frustration when ONE ship (flag carrier)  was intercepted giving away the attemp  .... a frustration that crippled an invasion with a inversion of about 300k and an hour of player time  ... delayed for one day only

Now the inversion in time is much greater, and the delay if it fails is far greater too... can you imagine the level of frustration of attacking nation players if (WHEN) some ragged forces made from  grey quality  captured ships keep them  out of the battle for half an hour so pb time frame is missed ? 

given the data....

What I don't know is, how long is a port battle open? 2 hours, like before the patch or indefinitely?

We have some interesting solutions but some of them are too drastic to post today - need detailed description but its already too late here.  ))) 

3-5 login timer will not help if port battle entry is 10-30 mins like right now. When we tried short port battle entry timers long time ago they usually created more problems. 

So as we did at Martins, send in an anti screening fleet first...then send in the main...as indeed the French tried...resulting in two splendid battles....

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/252591929682168247/1F16A9803AC5111AAA576062D150EFA173C506F5/

this - current system just hands you the port battle - there should be some effort involved - with the focused groups due to the limit of port battles this should be possible for all nations

...Bermuda, not Bahamas. You know, that island in the top right corner of the map far away from anything else?

And as much as I hate the concept of these methods being used, in cases like this it's just ridiculously far away compared to any other port on the server. I'm sure that if the Danes get it they wouldn't have any qualms at all about the Brits doing the same thing to get it back.

Ops was a bit tired when I read that.  Stand corrected on the location of the topic.

So what you guys are say it is ok that the defender can TP to the outpost with the ship ready and join the port battle befor they can be tagged, when they also have the towers as help in port battle and know when and where the attacker fleet has to be (with the new tagging circle makeing it easy to drag alot of player into battle) but if the attacker have to sail more 2.5h and more and then logs of to have a chance to be near the port when it starts it is all evil and an exploit?

If the attacker can't join after logging in from Ow the same should be true for Players TP in and leaveing Port.

You still need to have the out post there in the first place.   So it's not like they can just instantly telport to any port and be there.

Bermuda is very annoying (Full Stop)...but supporting insta port entry defeats screening fleets and anti screening fleets. The 150 ship bonanza at BridgeTown on Saturday, one of the most spectacular sights in months in NA would be no more (now given how the server wobbled after it perhaps thats a blessing).

But if the developers are 'happy' with folks logging off and then all logging on at the same time (VERY EASY to co-ordinate) may I suggest they just add a magic teleport to port battle to everyone and select entry by those with the highest personal aggro points (and defender points)...and forget all this hard work about sailing there...and all the co-ordination that goes with it. This incidently is a TERRIBLE idea.

The problem with Bermuda being nearly inaccessible is indeed a problem. But lets not forget...the pain in the arse to capture it is equalled by the pain in the arse to transfer any goods reaped there !!

So please Dev's, have a think, it is, Monday after all.

It's like Kid's some places should be very hard to get the problem I think is that Bermuda is the only place to get the Bermuda Cedar and it's a very eacy defended location cause of being so far away. But we have all ready seen this used on PvP2 when one nation is blockaiding a port and the other gets half it's ships in cause they battle logged out in front of the port inside the block aid.

Get 25 1st rate fleet (teleport them to Bermudas) and win a PB. I dont see any unfair fights here...

I understand that loging off outside of port like this is a bit unfair, but still it do not decide whether one wins or lose the PB...

As I stead above you have to have a out post there in the first place.  Not every one in the nations is going to have them in such locations.

Logging off at sea is currently not an exploit guys. 

The purpose of this thread is to find the solution to soften the effect of this without affecting the gameplay of those who don't participate in conquest.

Also remember that ports will be reset one more time before release and there are plans to reconsider the docks/outposts. 

There should be a zone that you can't log in or out in front of ports or if you do than when you log back in it pushes out out side that range so you will have to actualy run the blockaid to get into the port.  That distance maybe should be consider with the no attacking timer so that you have to take say 2 mins to get there or into the port battle?  That or just make portbattles  restricted like the to attack/join limit from leaving ports the same as when you log back in OW

Edited by Sir Texas SIr

If this is how the game is supposed to be played no one will ever risk to run into a screen anymore. Sailing towards a port during off times and logging in 5 seconds before the battle starts will be the new meta.

Nothing I will enjoy particularly :-(

• Like 2

Maybe is realist, and for sure -as Jeheil pointed- big ships fleet screening/countering are a magnificent view and the (a la PotBS) teleport into battle would pale in front of that . 

BUT current system makes faction population much a balance problem than previously, with few port battles (and with 46 hours advice) no assault fleet  from a low-population opponent should be able to reach port against odds.   Yes , this is as real world works  for sure ...but s this as we want the game ?

So how is PotBS fairing lately - should be a pretty clear indicator not to go down that route...

OMG all this salt... just get your sh%t together Brits and defend Dermudas...

Defending a port has generally included the legitimate tactic of using screening fleets to hamper the conquest fleet from arriving at the PB crossed swords.

Being able to have a 25 ship port battle fleet log off in front of the port (to go stealthy) and then hours (or even a day later) simultaneously log back into game (appearing out of nowhere) and enter the port battle with no chance at all for screeners to intercept or hamper them, would take the screening fleet defense tactic out of the game.

I would favor (as some have mentioned earlier in the thread) of having a vulnerability timer (3 minutes, 5 minutes) that would again allow screeners the opportunity to attack.

• Like 3

We can excuse any behaviour with "there will be a wipe".

I have no problem logging off at sea...even in enemy waters all good....life after all is life...if your tired, had enough or need to attend to lifes duties the game should not penalise you.

However attacking a port requires you to breach the enemy defences. This includes screening fleets. Its one of the best part of the game.

Bermuda is silly...too hard to get to tbh...but it makes it different and draws out different approaches..so maybe its good...and lets face it anything you farm there will require large effort to get out.

LOGGING OUT UNDER THE CUTLASSES....THEN LOGGING IN AND INSTA JOINING A PB IS NOT IN THE SPIRIT OF THE GAME.

A super simple solution, that has no adverse effect...is that you CANNOT join a PB for 3 mins after logging in. Thats it. Simples.

Now if admins say out loud this ins't an exploit...you have sanctioned it...and it will be the new tactic for all nations....and the game will be diminished.

We spend lots of time setting up for an attack. Scouts, screens, timing the run to the port etc. All that gone...pooooof.

+ 1

• Like 1

To be clear guys - i really hope that you will defend Bermuda from DN - i have my Cidar forests there :P !

Thx Otto, im sure we will ;-)

This is not only about PB tonight. I think what is being done here by RUS (and maybe others) and the way we proceed with it will determine the way the game will be played in the forthcoming months.

The post was opened before the PB was even scheduled (I think). And im sure this won't be the most enjoyable way (not only for me) to play the game.

Log out at sea, then you wake up in your capital port or nearest outpost with half your crew dead of scurvy.  How about that as a fix?

I think you mistunderstood my point, since the area's got included (Like "Surrey" around KPR), you can now see for example when I am at Cartagena, it will say Cartagena in red, cause i'm not allied to spain. Now lets say if I try to log out "escape => exit" it will say I can't cause I'm in an enemy area. Now all I need to do is sail probably only like a couple of minutes or something to get out of the enemy area and be able to log off. Now if you so happen to be DC'd in an enemy area your ships stays in the OW, a reconnect only takes a couple of seconds. If for some reason your internet or PC dies for a longer time, you are screwed in OW. But these chances are very narrow. Besides if you have this happen in battle you are equaly screwed so I see no problem.

Now for the no logging of in OW, nobody will intentionaly log of in the middle of an ocean. You either use your teleport option, or you try to deviate your course to dock up in a port. I'm just saying, I would go as far as having no log off in OW just to not have these exploiters have their way with things. It'll ruin the game.

• Like 1

...should Bermuda fall tehre is no way for Britain to regain the isle for a whole week + while for the Danes a 2 hour sail for us it is 3 hours...

Repeat after me kids: If we do it - it's an exploit. If they do it - IT'S A FEATURE!!!

First: 2 1/2 hours. Just imagine trying to raise aggro while you have to sail for 2 1/2 hours after getting sunk while trying to raise aggro. No kudo's for that I guess?

Second: Brits have always told us they are allowed to use mechanics (quote from Gooneybird). We repay the favor. And that quote exploit-feature has been used in the DN nation for at least 8 months now when talking about the Brit nation.

Edited by Kloothommel

Don't think it was used by Brits against DN.

we were accused of using it once in the coast of Cuba, which we didn't as far as I know.

I personally have definitely not used it once.

And in a more general note mr. Kloothommel. For someone who repeatedly tried to claim moral high ground "repaying the favor" does not exactly match here.

Edited by Chimera
  • Like 3

So what you guys are say it is ok that the defender can TP to the outpost with the ship ready and join the port battle befor they can be tagged, when they also have the towers as help in port battle and know when and where the attacker fleet has to be (with the new tagging circle makeing it easy to drag alot of player into battle) but if the attacker have to sail more 2.5h and more and then logs of to have a chance to be near the port when it starts it is all evil and an exploit?

If the attacker can't join after logging in from Ow the same should be true for Players TP in and leaveing Port.

No, you're attacking a port. Who do you expect to be in the port? Chinese people? Or maybe no one lives in the town until it gets attacked?

If you guys think attacking a port is hard now, just wait until land in port battles. The developers have stated that it will become very difficult to flip ports.

Edited by ajffighter86
  • Like 1

So if the tables was turned the brit's would sail there 1st rates from there closest port a few hours before the battle???

Btw there is allready a timer on joining battle and it's 2 min when u log on in open world, witch means u can't join a pb for 2 min when you log in to the game before that timer has run out.

Any nation that don't have a port in bermuda would do the same including the brits if they had to take it.

So if the tables was turned the brit's would sail there 1st rates from there closest port a few hours before the battle???

Btw there is allready a timer on joining battle and it's 2 min when u log on in open world, witch means u can't join a pb for 2 min when you log in to the game before that timer has run out.

Any nation that don't have a port in bermuda would do the same including the brits if they had to take it.

Not sure. I think that 2 minute can't join port battle timer was deactivated because it caused defending fleets not being able to join a battle in the port either. So a fleet can probably log in and insta join while a tag still needs 20 seconds.

So logging out at sea is considered a feature for real-life convenience and not an exploit. Okay. Logging out under a port with defensive towers is neither at sea nor for practical real life convenience. So how is it not an exploit? Would not a simple mechanic that disallows safe logging out near an enemy port solve most of the situation? Many have suggested it, yet watch it not happen until Bermuda is safely in Danish hands. If that happens, then the game really is convenient for some. 

• Like 3

The idea mentioned so far I like is:

1. Sailing in OW, cannot logout until outside county region. This does not prevent logout at battle results screen.

I do think the long sails associated with distant ports would be helped with this, but not abuse the Port battle or OW game mechanics.

Changing the login timer to Port battles, would mean defenders could get tagged too, but maybe this should be conisdered fair game too...

Edited by lokii

Logging off at sea is currently not an exploit guys. 

The purpose of this thread is to find the solution to soften the effect of this without affecting the gameplay of those who don't participate in conquest.

Also remember that ports will be reset one more time before release and there are plans to reconsider the docks/outposts. 

The solution has been proposed, yet you seem unwilling to implement it. A simple timer will make all the difference.

How is exploiting a flaw in the game design NOT considered an exploit? It IS, by definition. The attackers who use this exploit, which will be everyone at every port battle until you decide it's actually worth fixing, are given free entry to the battle. No point in screening at all. They can circumvent a huge proportion of the defender's defenses, thus increasing their chances of taking the port. Pre-logging favours the attacker. It's an exploit.

Remember when a single basic cutter could drag the entire assault fleet into battle? Every nation did it and many ports were lost because of that exploit. This is just as serious and needs to be deal with swiftly. 

We're not asking for miracles, we're asking for a timer. It doesn't get much simpler than that.

If you continue to deny the severity of this issue, and people start losing ports as a direct result of this exploit, they will start leaving. I find it hard to believe that you can't just announce emergency maintenance and add a timer that stops people benefiting from this exploit. With all the great things you've accomplished in the development of this game, a simple timer is a minor task at best.

Edited by Purple Ronnie
  • Like 6

The solution has been proposed, yet you seem unwilling to implement it. A simple timer will make all the difference.

How is exploiting a flaw in the game design NOT considered an exploit? It IS, by definition. The attackers who use this exploit, which will be everyone at every port battle until you actually decide it's worth fixing, are given free entry to the battle. No point in screening at all. They can circumvent a huge proportion of the defender's defenses, thus increasing their chances of taking the port. Pre-logging favours the attacker. It's an exploit.

Remember when a single basic cutter could drag the entire assault fleet into battle? Every nation did it and many ports were lost because of that exploit. This is just as serious and needs to be deal with swiftly. 

We're not asking for miracles, we're asking for a timer. It doesn't get much simpler than that.

If you continue to deny the severity of this issue, and people start losing ports as a direct result of this exploit, they will start leaving. I find it hard to believe that you can't just announce emergency maintenance and add a timer that stops people benefiting from this exploit. With all the great things you've accomplished in the development of this game, a simple timer is a minor task at best.

I agree with Purple Ronnie, this "not and exploit" clearly diminishes the spirit of the game, where a simple hotfix could be put in by the developers, yet for some unknown reason they refuse to fix it.

• Like 1

I can't continue playing this game (OK Testing HARD) when the effort I put into building Victory after Victory and Santi after Santi is WASTED because some fellows decide that winning a port over to them is MORE important than their HONOR.

The British nation will muster upwards of 100 Captains to screen and block their port from capture - the RUS exploiters need only 25 to take the port in an evenish (25 v 25) fight.

This is not right - it SHOULD be harder than an even fight to wrest a port away from a nation willing to gather 100 plus Captains to defend it.

---

Why do you think Gibraltar is STILL British IRL?

• Like 3