Game-Labs Forum

Dear Devs: Please make breaking down a Heavy Rattlesnake, L'Ocean, Agamemnon, and a Santa Cecilia give a small chance of obtaining the blueprint.

I am ok with rare exclusive ships being in the game, but if the blueprints exists, it needs to be more accessible to all.  Limiting blueprints to just a select few for winning tournaments and participating in your events is just going to make players angry especially those of us who have dedicated so much to crafting and reached level 50. 

Exhibit a:  http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/16898-tournament-price-changes/

This person is salty because he wants access to blueprints that he does not have.  Give him a way to get them.  If he captures one of these rare ships, and he breaks it down, give him a 5% chance of obtaining the blueprint.  Breaking down a ship like the L'Ocean to try and obtain the blueprint is a huge investment with no grantee of obtaining it.  He would either need someone who already has the BP to continually craft the ship so he could break it down or capture the ship from an enemy and break it down.  It would become a risk between breaking down the ship for a chance to receive a BP to craft or using the ship and risking it in battle.  The ship will still be rare as only your most dedicated players would ever risk breaking down the ship to receive the BP.  I believe this is a fair trade off.   

Don't think that's the way the game should go, break ships down to get the BPs... Actually kinda liked the idea of those events, but how people reacted to them just wasn't how devs thought they would... Also the quantity of those BluePrints should be a little bit higher, imo.

In my opinion, i quite like having some rare ships.

A few ships which you have barely encountered or your enemies have barely encountered is great fun for both parties.

I understand that people are willing eager to get their hands on it, yet instantly demanding full distribution (you aren't OP, but others are) will prevent such a feeling of exclusiveness (in a positive way) to ever be present.

• Like 4

I am sure in the future these ships will be integrated into crafting system.

Agamemnon, Santa Cecilia and Rattlesnake heavy should be common vessels, Ocean can be rare (but all 1st rates should be rare).

so far i havent seen one gedden yet i own a santa cecilia(made it when they accidently released it) and seen one rattler heavy(ah) and 2 oceans(mine and clan mates) on pve atleast

A few ships which you have barely encountered or your enemies have barely encountered is great fun for both parties.

I understand that people are willing eager to get their hands on it, yet instantly demanding full distribution (you aren't OP, but others are) will prevent such a feeling of exclusiveness (in a positive way) to ever be present.

I'm all game for rare ships but it should of been one Redeemable ship you got from the crates or reward from special things not a BP.  Right now the ones with the BP's of say the H. Rattlers are rulling that that of combat.  If you don't have a H Rattler in shallow it's starting to be a one sided fight.   Specially with them graping the Mercs to death if you don't have a H Rattler as graping makes it so easy to take out the crew of open top ships like the Merc.   That BP should be released to every one in my book.  The L'Ocean should be released with the new patch as the French 1st rate.   Aggie and the SC I like the thought of them being rare/gift/prize ships. I have the Aggie myself and love it for just OW stuff and when I don't want to be in a SOL (I prefer frigates any way).

If the chance was 5% I would be buying L'Oceans and breaking them up.

It's more like 1% for normal ships right now.  You have 2.5-5% for the new ships crafted to get BP's per quality level with the max being 25% or 50% chance if you have the gifted perk (wich does nothing for breaking down ships).   So evne if you craft a bunch it's a very rare chance to get the BP from breaking them down.

cr

whenever they do rerelease the sc again theres a chance it will be given to all at a certain crafting level(i think it was 29 or 30 the first time around)

If I remember right it was level 28 to craft the basic one.

I'm all game for rare ships but it should of been one Redeemable ship you got from the crates or reward from special things not a BP.  Right now the ones with the BP's of say the H. Rattlers are rulling that that of combat.  If you don't have a H Rattler in shallow it's starting to be a one sided fight.   Specially with them graping the Mercs to death if you don't have a H Rattler as graping makes it so easy to take out the crew of open top ships like the Merc.   That BP should be released to every one in my book.  The L'Ocean should be released with the new patch as the French 1st rate.   Aggie and the SC I like the thought of them being rare/gift/prize ships. I have the Aggie myself and love it for just OW stuff and when I don't want to be in a SOL (I prefer frigates any way).

It's more like 1% for normal ships right now.  You have 2.5-5% for the new ships crafted to get BP's per quality level with the max being 25% or 50% chance if you have the gifted perk (wich does nothing for breaking down ships).   So evne if you craft a bunch it's a very rare chance to get the BP from breaking them down.

cr

If I remember right it was level 28 to craft the basic one.

i wasent sure on the basic one but ya i know it was around there because when they did release it thats all i could make LOL 

I think there must be rare ships too, but not to the extreme rareness of the Sta Cecilia (currently unobtainable) and not the kind of ships that can break metagame (as Agamennon and heavy rattlesnake) . 

Admin, I'd like to suggest an idea I saw someone else come up with, I take no credit for it.

Instead of simply having 1 dura ships, make the blueprints for ships a one time use.

This would make the variation in ships used much larger, people simply couldn't pile into the best RC deep water ships(Vic/santi) and would people would have to use ships as the pavel, bucentaure, bellona, 3rd rate and other new ships

Same would apply for deep water port battles, everyone can't just pile into ingers or connies anymore, and would have to use other ships aswell.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm tired of the uniformity of port battles. It's the same ships being used all the time, a row of 25 ingers or 25 vics/santis, I'd like to see some variation. And most importantly, it would make us value our "rare" ships more, currently they are not worth anything at all.

How to acquire BPs would have to be tweaked;

-Drop from combat?

-Some new blueprint crafting system, where you can "research" a blueprint, but you don't know which ship it will be? 1st rates small chance, 2nd rates a bit larger, 3rd rates/4th rates large chance

-Other?

5th rates and below should maybe be craftable without one time use bp, with the correct crafting level?

Constructive criticism for why this shouldn't be a thing, or how to improve on it is welcome.

To the ones arguing for rare ships, I completely agree with you, but the way it is done currently is WRONG.

See the qoute above, I posted this in reply to admin in a topic but I didnt get an answer sadly, I'm hoping something like this can be implemented. 

Edited by Alan Demarest

Then whichever one of your alts has the ship in question then lets your other alt capture it then vice versa since you will always get 1 durability thus ensuring you will have the bp in a few minutes every time.

Great idea.

you can just increase/decrease the percentage chance of drop based on durability so you get no inherit advantage for doing this.  I see this as a non-issue, as they already do this with materials obtained for breaking down ships.  You get way less materials from a 1 dur ship than you would a 4 or 5 dur ship.  I already tested this. 

I am ok with rare exclusive ships being in the game, but if the blueprints exists, it needs to be more accessible to all.  Limiting blueprints to just a select few for winning tournaments and participating in your events is just going to make players angry especially those of us who have dedicated so much to crafting and reached level 50. 

Exhibit a:  http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/16898-tournament-price-changes/

This person is salty because he wants access to blueprints that he does not have.  Give him a way to get them.  If he captures one of these rare ships, and he breaks it down, give him a 5% chance of obtaining the blueprint.  Breaking down a ship like the L'Ocean to try and obtain the blueprint is a huge investment with no grantee of obtaining it.  He would either need someone who already has the BP to continually craft the ship so he could break it down or capture the ship from an enemy and break it down.  It would become a risk between breaking down the ship for a chance to receive a BP to craft or using the ship and risking it in battle.  The ship will still be rare as only your most dedicated players would ever risk breaking down the ship to receive the BP.  I believe this is a fair trade off.   

no, let keep some hsips rare

the comunity is aperently focused on those Metaships, while there are alot of diffrent designs and choices for the players to achieve the goal, me as a pyrate, love sailing the Brigg types, atm iam sailing a Niagara, i can outrun any rattle, and outgun everything else that catches up with me, i even fight solo against frigates or 4thrates if i have to and if they are alone. Its one hell of a pyrate ship i tell ya, you can start abattel on yuor terms, and end it on your terms.

So instead of focusing on the "fastes ships" you should look into who is the better sailor, or who is better gunboat, or sho is the tankiest one and use that.

get away of the Meta ships, support smol players add diversity to the game.

To all of you that say "no I want rare ships". The ships will still be rare. Relying on breaking down a ship to obtain the blueprint is a massive investment in time. If a player in a clan has the L'Ocean BP and another player in the guild wants the BP, they would have to break down, 10-15 L'Oceans. That amount of investment and labor hours is huge, and most players will just settle for Vic's and santi's.

The people that say they will just buy all the ones in port and break them down, good luck with that, your going to be spending 10s of millions of gold just for a chance to get the BP and I doubt there will be 10 L'Oceans sitting in dock to buy assuming you can even afford to buy them all out. Most who build them will be using them and most buying them will be using them also, not breaking it down.

Also, if your good enough to take a L'Ocean from the people that have them, which will most likely be some of the fiercest and most battle hardened players, you deserve a chance to get the BP if you break it down.

From a personal standpoint, I am not wholly keen on the idea of 'rare' ships.  With a single caveat; there should be a commonly available version, then a rare version that is different in some way. This is the most obvious, current example:

Common: Rattlesnake - available to anyone with the right crafting level, and who has either broken down Rattlesnakes or built the previous vessel in the crafting line.

Rare: Heavy Rattlesnake - available through developer 'charity' (the Officer suggestion thread, I think it was), and special events. Differs by having a greater armament and stronger hull.

Entire classes of ships shouldn't be locked out of players hands because of a decision to make them 'rare', unless there is something super-special about them (i.e. Endymion). There were a number of Ardent-class ships of the line built, so the Agamemnon should be available to all - yes it was Nelson's ship for a while, but so was Victory - whilst on the other hand Indefatigable could be a rare version, as it was razeed Ardent-class. Ideally we should have HMS Hermione as a commonly available vessel and the Santa Cecilia as the rare version*.

*I understand that there are concerns about confusing Hermione with the French Hermione as both are 32-gun frigates and bear the same name, although that can be circumvented by giving HMS Hermione the HMS prefix, or by naming it 'The Black Ship' - one of the few times I'm all for rule of cool because how awesome a moniker is that?

Edited by Rikard Frederiksen